New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: The Obvious Way

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default The Obvious Way

Well, I felt I should post this before I maybe get a third infraction for complaining about a misunderstanding earlier over at the OOtS forum.
    Anywayz... this might have been pointed out before but the obvious non-gamey way of winning is to

ignore the rules (there's an excellent history in warfare of ignoring consensus of doctrine, however this might work differently in such a gamey world) and rush the enemy on their turn.

It'd completely flabbergast them I think, like when that soccer team in England started passing the ball instead of going solo all the way to goal or until someone got tackled or 'dribbled'.

Example
    Forcemarch a double-move hit squad of dragons into enemy HQ. This could be done better but it's just an example.
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2007-04-07 at 11:35 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Obvious Way

Great plan.
    Of course, we do not know whether or not it is physically possible.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

speaking of soc..erm football, how about that brazilian guy who would dribble the ball on his forehead past groups of opponents? That was a great trick...

4. - Top - End - #4
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

What the heck is a "dragon?"

Erfworld may not work that way, though. A comperable suggestion IRL might be, "All we need to do is march the troops through that mountain. No, not take the pass, that will be guarded, through the mountain itself."

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, a comparable suggestion IRL would work as the following:

We summon Stanley into our world in order to help us defend City 17 from an approaching army. Stanley takes thirty seconds looking at our forces and says "Oh, easy. Just deploy a single helicopter over each square mile of forest from this point to the point over here. The enemy's ground troops won't be able to attack our helicopters or move into their squares; his advance will be completely stopped!" Stanley sits back in his chair grinning from ear to ear, perfectly confident in his tactical mastery.
    Belkar's Bad to the Bone.
    Dispossible a fetter hein and bemay kine a sinder's tock.