New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Amazonian Berserker

so real quick can I get a breakdown of everything I'd want to get out of an ubercharger power attack etc build for reference?

+str race

Barbarian (lion totem) x?/frenzied beserker y? / z?

Itemization priority

feat choices power attack bull rush shock trooper etc but what else.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

smile Re: Amazonian Berserker

Leap Attack, Headlong Rush

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Amazonian Berserker

Is it Pathfinder or 3.5E?
    My latest homebrew: Majokko base class and Spellcaster Dilettante feats for D&D 3.5 and Races as Classes for PTU.

Currently Playing
    Raiatari Eikibe - Ghostfoot's RHOD Righteous Resistance

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    Is it Pathfinder or 3.5E?
    Can I get advice for both? I play the same character either way but it helps to have a build for both games.

@rebel where is headlong rush from?
    Last edited by Reprimand; 2015-02-23 at 04:29 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reprimand View Post
    @rebel where is headlong rush from?
    Races of Faerun

6. - Top - End - #6

Let's just go with 3.5 then what would a standard frenzied beserker uber charger build look like? lets just stick with core+ completes and the books for shocktrooper and leap attack though
    Last edited by Reprimand; 2015-02-23 at 06:27 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

BarbarianGuy

The feats for the uber charger are as follows.

Power Attack (Core)
    Improved Bullrush (Core)
    Shocktrooper (Complete Warrior)
    Leap Attack (Complete Adventurer)

Headlong Rush is Orc only and from Races of Faerun.

If you're going Barbarian, Id suggest Reckless Rage, it ups your STR by +2 but further decreases your AC by two, which considering you're ubercharging, doesnt matter.

Rhino Hide does an Extra 2d6 Damage on a charge, the Valorious Weapon enchantment doubles all damage on a charge.

Headlong Rush is 3.0 material, so if thats a problem, use a valorious weapon.
    Last edited by TheCrowing1432; 2015-02-23 at 06:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Do you mean "attractive women, or spiders", or "attractive women, or attractive spiders"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam K View Post
    I too object to the unspecified way the imaginary, timeless, supposedly unkillable monster in the imaginary world of magic and elves and dragons aquired its martial training. Clearly that doesn't make SENSE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brova View Post
    Because if you are in a position to break the Wizard's spell component pouch and stop him from casting spells, you are also in a position to stab him in the kidneys and stop him from being alive.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

smile Re: Amazonian Berserker

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrowing1432 View Post
    The feats for the uber charger are as follows.
    Headlong Rush is Orc only and from Races of Faerun.
    Orc only isn't really a problem with Water Orcs being the best race for this anyway. With or without Dragonborn stacked on top.

9. - Top - End - #9

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel7284 View Post
    Orc only isn't really a problem with Water Orcs being the best race for this anyway. With or without Dragonborn stacked on top.
    Why are water orcs good?

And Goliath id argue is better
    Do you mean "attractive women, or spiders", or "attractive women, or attractive spiders"?
    I too object to the unspecified way the imaginary, timeless, supposedly unkillable monster in the imaginary world of magic and elves and dragons aquired its martial training. Clearly that doesn't make SENSE!
    Because if you are in a position to break the Wizard's spell component pouch and stop him from casting spells, you are also in a position to stab him in the kidneys and stop him from being alive.

10. - Top - End - #10

Other than frenzied berserker what other sorts of things might fit into this? Not Bear Warrior tho, doesn't fit the concept.

Also what would a standard build look like in terms of levels?
    Last edited by Reprimand; 2015-02-23 at 06:57 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

BarbarianGuy

really depends on where you want to go, no doubt that Babarian is where you want to go.

Lion Totem/Whirling Frenzy Barbarian 1. - Nabs you pounce and whirling frenzy gets you an extra attack when you rage, but you dont get the con bonus when you rage.
    Wolf Totem Barbarian Barbarian 2 grabs you improved trip if you want to ditch uncanny dodge.

After that, Id suggest going warblade, manuevers can be used while raging and they can give you other things to do when you cant charge.

Unfortunatly, Frenzied Berzerker has a 4 feat limit. Cleave, Destructive Rage, Intimidating Rage and Power Attack.

If you're going for Uber charger AND Berzerker, you're going to need to pick up some bonus feats

Going Human gets you one.

Fighter as always are good for feats, and if your dm allows it, flaws.

12. - Top - End - #12

Uh more like lion totem for pounce + rage and then I need to qualify for frenzied berserker

just figher levels? are there any barbarian/amazon-isquie classes that net bonus feats?

I can't use tome of battle
    Last edited by Reprimand; 2015-02-23 at 07:14 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground

battle jump is a thing. along with martial study sudden leap.

allows you to jump as a swift action and it counts as a charge. you ubercharge from it. this is on top of your normal charge attack. if you have boots of battle charger you charge as a standard, then you can move away, hit a dc 15 tumble and you don't provoke from anyone. then you can charge again and you don't get full attacked. if you have ring of invisibility your move action will mean you are not hit in the next turn when you are vunerable.

how optimised do you want to go?

just read no TOB,but some of it is still relevant.
    Last edited by sideswipe; 2015-02-23 at 07:17 PM.
    Damn girl you definitely have a +8 size modifier to AC!

14. - Top - End - #14

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Reprimand View Post
    Uh more like lion totem for pounce + rage and then I need to qualify for frenzied berserker

just figher levels? are there any barbarian/amazon-isquie classes that net bonus feats?

I can't use tome of battle
    i think you misunderstood what I meant.

Whirling Frenzy is an ACF for babarians which replaces their normal rage bonuses +4 Str, +2 Con -2 AC and replaces it with +4 Strength and the ability to make an additional attack per turn at your highest attack bonus and -2 AC.

Pounce replaces fast movement. You can take as many ACF's as you want as long as it doesnt replace the same ones.

Fighter Levels are the only ones that give bonus feats, all the feats that Frenzied Berzerkers need are fighter bonus feats except the rage related ones, which can be taken with your normal level ups.

And no, there are no barbarian/amazoness classes that do that.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Using the Wolf Totem alternate barbarian class feature nets you Improved Trip and Track, and can be combined with the Spirit Lion Totem from Complete Champion, as they do not give up the same things.

Aside from this, handbooks are a great source of help.

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaEmil View Post
    Using the Wolf Totem alternate barbarian class feature nets you Improved Trip and Track, and can be combined with the Spirit Lion Totem from Complete Champion, as they do not give up the same things.

Aside from this, handbooks are a great source of help.
    I knew what whirling frenzy is but normal rage seems more in character and I think I like the con bonus more than the dex or extra attack.

I didn't know the totems could be combined so that rocks

and the handbooks should prove useful too!