New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: Beginnings are false and I am a consummate liar.

Spoiler
    Show

Well.. so far it went as expected, clearly Mathangi is not going to be bothered by something as puny as a single bullet.
    The question remains if the soldiers are bright enough to run now, and if they can do so, or if it were not just the bullet that she cut.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: Beginnings are false and I am a consummate liar.

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Well.. so far it went as expected, clearly Mathangi is not going to be bothered by something as puny as a single bullet.
    The question remains if the soldiers are bright enough to run now, and if they can do so, or if it were not just the bullet that she cut.
    I predict that we will see the rifle and shooter split vertically next. The others will attempt to shoot, but assuming Allison is out of the way, the next cut will be horizontal and through all of them. I'll be surprised if the soldiers are bright enough to run. That doesn't seem to be what the author is going for.

BTW, yes, if the Word of God says that Antie Maya is an antagonist, then she must be one. Allison might accidentally anger her or maybe Antie Maya might want to use Allison or her keystone to attack someone too powerful for Antie Maya to take on now. I actually agree with what Aquillion said here; I either forgot or missed it. But I'll also add that all the worlds she conquered could have been controlled by powerful, oppressive rulers. Or maybe she didn't bother to check.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2016-07-23 at 11:54 AM.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eschmenk View Post
    BTW, yes, if the Word of God says that Antie Maya is an antagonist, then she must be one. Allison might accidentally anger her or maybe Antie Maya might want to use Allison or her keystone to attack someone too powerful for Antie Maya to take on now
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Blade of Want" is the title text under this comic. It seems to be what Allison used to kill the tree demon.

From Meti's Sword Manual:

"4. To Cut means division by the blade of Want, that parer of potentials that excises infinities."

I suspect this is what Auntie Maia is after.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

I don't think the "Blade of Want" is a singular thing. Much of the theme of this comic and the text stories of Asma are all about how the Emotion Want is the most powerful force in this multiverse. Thus, "Blade of Want" is merely just the act of destruction due to pure selfish desire.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    I don't think the "Blade of Want" is a singular thing. Much of the theme of this comic and the text stories of Asma are all about how the Emotion Want is the most powerful force in this multiverse. Thus, "Blade of Want" is merely just the act of destruction due to pure selfish desire.
    True or not, do you think Auntie Maia is of the same opinion?

6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leewei View Post
    True or not, do you think Auntie Maia is of the same opinion?
    Yeah, I do.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Troll in the Playground

That being the case, what do you think is her motive for pursuing Allison?

Also, why did she ask Allison what she thought of death, much like she did the soldiers who fired at her?

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ettin in the Playground

That being the case, what do you think is her motive for pursuing Allison?

Also, why did she ask Allison what she thought of death, much like she did the soldiers who fired at her?
    Because asking random people what they think of death seems to be her thing. Remember, she asked exactly the same thing when Allison first encountered her all the way back when White Chain took her to the big dog dude's place to look for Cio.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Because asking random people what they think of death seems to be her thing. Remember, she asked exactly the same thing when Allison first encountered her all the way back when White Chain took her to the big dog dude's place to look for Cio.
    She asks everyone that question? Fair enough.

Why has she (along with all the others) pursued Allison to Mottom's palace, if not to take the key?

10. - Top - End - #310
    Troll in the Playground

Why has she (along with all the others) pursued Allison to Mottom's palace, if not to take the key?
    The others are the mercenaries that were fighting over Allison back when White Chain took her to meet Cio and are after the price on her head. Or in her head, I guess. The Beggar Knight is an enigma, she chatted a bit with Allison back in the Pleasure Palace but what her motive may be is still unknown. I suspect this page is significant, but I'm no good with riddles wrapped in proverbs.

I recently reread the comic and boy does it get so much better when read in one go. I very much recommend this to anyone who like me has just been reading the updates as they come up.
    Truth resists simplicity.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Preem promised a huge bounty. That seems to be the explanation for many of the others. Anti Maya is more inscrutable than most, though, so who knows what she's after? She might just be doing it for the fun of it for all I know.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ettin in the Playground

We can infer a bit from the fact that she's a beggar knight, maybe.

Beggar knights are sworn to poverty (of course) and to using violence only in self-defense or to protect the weak and defenseless. Those of them who worship Aesma do so out of respect for the way she humbled powerful beings. From this, we can reasonably infer that beggar knights are about stripping away delusions and lies and falsehoods, especially from the powerful (hence, Maya's name.)

It is possible that she wants Allison to do this and, in particular, sees her as a way to humiliate, humble, and topple the Seven. (This could also explain how she's an antagonist while still seeming somewhat friendly, if Allison's ultimate goals are different.)

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    It is possible that she wants Allison to do this and, in particular, sees her as a way to humiliate, humble, and topple the Seven. (This could also explain how she's an antagonist while still seeming somewhat friendly, if Allison's ultimate goals are different.)
    The thing is that Allison's goal was defined at the end of the first book as rescuing her boyfriend from the Seven. Toppling the Seven would seem to be fairly consistent with that.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Well, the ballroom blitz is now well underway in this beautiful chaos of a two page spread. (classic Abbadon) I wonder which, if any, of these mercenaries will survive. We haven't seen Auntie Maya or Eris-Lo Kai in action, since I believe they in the melee slightly behind the point of reference. Layla Brimstone, Gun Witch has acquired a pair of full auto sub-guns to accompany her old fashion pistols and rifle/ broom, and continues to be a sweet looking character design/ concept.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Colossus in the Playground

INGSVLD will survive too. Can't kill a regular commenter like that.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eschmenk View Post
    The thing is that Allison's goal was defined at the end of the first book as rescuing her boyfriend from the Seven. Toppling the Seven would seem to be fairly consistent with that.
    Consistent but not necessary.

If that's Maya's true goal then the split could happen if Allison actually succeeds in rescuing Zaid and doesn't want to go after the remaining demiurges. The Maya would probably try to take the Key for herself to finish them off.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Consistent but not necessary.

If that's Maya's true goal then the split could happen if Allison actually succeeds in rescuing Zaid and doesn't want to go after the remaining demiurges. The Maya would probably try to take the Key for herself to finish them off.
    Yeah, but I'm not expecting Allison to be able to avoid dealing with each of them, either before she rescues Zaid or when she tries to get away from them. Of course, Maya might not be patient enough, but I still think it's a bit more likely that something else will happen. My favorite idea is that Aunt Maya will be such a problematic ally that the author classified her as an antagonist. Or it could just be that at some point Allison will become too powerful and start enjoying it too much and Aunt Maya will suddenly think, "Welp, now it's you that needs to die." I really don't know, though.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground

Perhaps Auntie has seen the potential in Allison and wants to push her into becoming a weapon against the demiurges. Help her along but tempt her to the dark side, so to speak. Or maybe she wants to murder Allison and is being weird about it.
    Truth resists simplicity.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ettin in the Playground

As Allison continues to age up I'm legitimately curious whether she's going to stop at her original age or not. I'm pretty sure there are going to be SOME kind of serious negative side effects from eating the fruit.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

20. - Top - End - #320
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    Perhaps Auntie has seen the potential in Allison and wants to push her into becoming a weapon against the demiurges. Help her along but tempt her to the dark side, so to speak. Or maybe she wants to murder Allison and is being weird about it.
    Since the author has stated Auntie is an antagonist, my money is on the second item. She has it in for the Seven, and Allison's key is exactly what she needs to wipe them out.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Firbolg in the Playground

MindFlayer

Since the author has stated Auntie is an antagonist, my money is on the second item. She has it in for the Seven, and Allison's key is exactly what she needs to wipe them out.
    Do you have a link or quote to where that's stated? I'm surprised to hear that, since she seemed like a morally-gray anti-hero type rather than one of the many manipulative jerks. After all, she looks like she's on Allison's side in Jadis' prophecy, along with White Chain and Ciocie, striking against the Seven (and Zoss?) so if she's a villain, I expect it's one who seeks to use Allison herself as a weapon rather than just kill her and use the Key as a weapon.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nettlekid View Post
    Do you have a link or quote to where that's stated?
    Spoiler: Author's Warm-up Sketch
    Show
    http://orbitaldropkick.tumblr.com/post/87187609921/mathangi-maya-mantra-quick-warmup-sketch

Mathangi “Maya” Mantra.

Quick warmup sketch. Antagonist in Kill Six Billion demons, a habitually drunk, overweight, Mendicant (begging) Knight. An insanely powerful swordswoman with a burning hunger for revenge.

Wields the Maybe Sword.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd be a little cautious about that, though, since "antagonist" can mean something a bit different in this story. The Seven are antagonists, too, but it's clear that the story isn't just about Allison beating them up like a series of JRPG bosses.

Also is nobody going to comment that Allison took out that huge guy with one punch? One Punch Girl.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

As Allison continues to age up I'm legitimately curious whether she's going to stop at her original age or not. I'm pretty sure there are going to be SOME kind of serious negative side effects from eating the fruit.
    I kinda think thats unlikely. Using the fruit already carry a horribly high price, namely the sacrifice of young girls. So i dont see a need for adding yet another drawback to it.

Also is nobody going to comment that Allison took out that huge guy with one punch? One Punch Girl.
    Well.. he honestly did not look very competent.. and its not as awesome since it comes straight after her nuking an evil tree.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    I'd be a little cautious about that, though, since "antagonist" can mean something a bit different in this story. The Seven are antagonists, too, but it's clear that the story isn't just about Allison beating them up like a series of JRPG bosses.

Meh. He didn't look particularly strong to me. He was big and that was about it.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

New comic.

Don't **** with Angels. Or they will mess you up gooood

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, kinda surprised it were enough to make that angel forget it were in a rather important race though.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

In most karmic twist, Six Star Juggernaut was defeated by a crate of tea cups.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ettin in the Playground

So if I'm reading this newest comic right, she broke the sword trying to cut Juggernaught?

And has now pulled out.... something.... with her other hand. Presumably to help her cut him this time, maybe?

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!