New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: Beginnings are false and I am a consummate liar.

I have a feeling this was how the sword looked from the beginning, but now she'll unleash it's (or her's) full potential...

And that something is her hairpin.
    Last edited by Divayth Fyr; 2016-08-28 at 03:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: Beginnings are false and I am a consummate liar.

Hmyeah, I'm getting similar vibes there. Her blade was never shown, just her cutting things was. Odds are that this is indeed what it looks like.
    And she appears to have chosen to fight Juggernaut (for being such a killing machine?) instead of pursuing Alison. Brazen.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

3. - Top - End - #333
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Divayth Fyr View Post
    I have a feeling this was how the sword looked from the beginning, but now she'll unleash it's (or her's) full potential...
    Yup. The slashing fx in panel 6 is Juggernaught shredding the poor fools in panel 4 and in 7 Maya decides that it's time to get rrready to rrrumble.

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Hmyeah, I'm getting similar vibes there. Her blade was never shown, just her cutting things was. Odds are that this is indeed what it looks like.
    And she appears to have chosen to fight Juggernaut (for being such a killing machine?) instead of pursuing Alison. Brazen.
    Hardly that Brazen, by my reckoning. Maya is described as an insanely powerful swordswoman and legendary general who conquered 20.000 worlds. There's also a suspicious likeness in the last panel here that suggests Maya has been around as long as any of the Demiurges. It's also confirmed elsewhere that she's Meti's apprentice. If she studied under the author of the universes' most famous sword manual, she's no slouch. I rather suspect 6 Juggernaut will soon be 7 Juggernaut.

Once again though, her motives are somewhat obscure. Is it that she cannot catch up to Allison and White Chain before Juggernaut catches up to her, and so decides to fight now instead of later?
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2016-08-28 at 05:35 AM.
    Truth resists simplicity.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Hardly that Brazen, by my reckoning. Maya is described as an insanely powerful swordswoman and legendary general who conquered 20.000 worlds. There's also a suspicious likeness in the last panel here that suggests Maya has been around as long as any of the Demiurges. It's also confirmed elsewhere that she's Meti's apprentice. If she studied under the author of the universes' most famous sword manual, she's no slouch. I rather suspect 6 Juggernaut will soon be 7 Juggernaut.
    By all acounts she should at least have been around long enough by now, to have an idea about how dangerous an average angel are. We know 6 Juggernaut is quite a bit above that though, so he might be stronger than she suspect.

Once again though, her motives are somewhat obscure. Is it that she cannot catch up to Allison and White Chain before Juggernaut catches up to her, and so decides to fight now instead of later?
    Yeah, i think its a question of Juggernaut clearly being in her way for her plans. She might be able to catch up with Allison, but that will not get rid of Juggernaut. And if she can somehow trace Allison then this is indeed the best chance at getting rid of Juggernaut, as right now Allison is less likely to be caught in the clash.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

5. - Top - End - #335
    Firbolg in the Playground

MindFlayer

I don't think Maya's trying to "acquire" Allison in the same way that the rest of the bounty hunters are. We don't know her motives yet, but they seem to go beyond just acquiring wealth that Allison's bounty would give her. She's a Beggar Knight after all, so that wouldn't be what she's going for anyway. But she seemed to have an eye on Allison for a while, showing up before the rest of the mob, and didn't make any move. Also if she wanted Allison not to escape then she wouldn't have offered suggestion about making the Key of Kings do her bidding by command.

What's Juggernaut Star's objective here, again? I'm getting alliances confused. If I remember correctly, 1 Metatron and 2 Michael are seeking to bring the prophecy to pass and depose the Seven, placing Zaid as the new king to take over Zoss' position. Why was it that they wanted that? Just because they're entities of Law that want a prophecy fulfilled, or to remove the corrupt Seven, even though they hated Zoss too? And so 6 Juggernaut is allied with them, but keeps screwing things up because he killed Zoss too early, and is now trying to kill Allison...just because?

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nettlekid View Post
    What's Juggernaut Star's objective here, again? I'm getting alliances confused. If I remember correctly, 1 Metatron and 2 Michael are seeking to bring the prophecy to pass and depose the Seven, placing Zaid as the new king to take over Zoss' position. Why was it that they wanted that? Just because they're entities of Law that want a prophecy fulfilled, or to remove the corrupt Seven, even though they hated Zoss too? And so 6 Juggernaut is allied with them, but keeps screwing things up because he killed Zoss too early, and is now trying to kill Allison...just because?
    Giving key to Zaid, is what they believe will fulfill the prophecy. They can bring her to him, or bring her Key to him. Juggernaut favors latter. Chain favors former.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nettlekid View Post
    I don't think Maya's trying to "acquire" Allison in the same way that the rest of the bounty hunters are. We don't know her motives yet, but they seem to go beyond just acquiring wealth that Allison's bounty would give her. She's a Beggar Knight after all, so that wouldn't be what she's going for anyway. But she seemed to have an eye on Allison for a while, showing up before the rest of the mob, and didn't make any move. Also if she wanted Allison not to escape then she wouldn't have offered suggestion about making the Key of Kings do her bidding by command.
    As a Mendicant Knight, she's sworn to use violence only in self-defense or to protect the weak and defenseless. I'm not sure if Allison falls into that category from her perspective, but assuming she takes her oaths seriously then she could be fighting Juggernaut Star because of that.

(Then again, "self defense" seems to apply when you're in a room with a rampaging Thorn Knight.)

Juggernaut Star's real objective is for Allison to escape with White Chain (who will help her get her key to Zaid.) It's possible his anger is genuine and leading him to threaten the plan, as it did before; but I think it's more likely that this is at least partially a ruse intended to push Allison to travel with White Chain again by appearing as a big dangerous threat that will require White Chain's assistance.

Basically this is All According To Plan for him so far.

We don't know the full reason why they want Zaid to have the key yet, but it seems like they're trying to force some sort of cycle to continue. My impression is that they want the world to maintain a sort of eternal stasis, and that this means that Zaid getting the key would be Very Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    So if I'm reading this newest comic right, she broke the sword trying to cut Juggernaught?

And has now pulled out.... something.... with her other hand. Presumably to help her cut him this time, maybe?
    No, I don't think she's attacked yet. Those slashes were him cutting up everyone around him.
    Last edited by Aquillion; 2016-08-28 at 11:08 PM.

8. - Top - End - #338

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    Juggernaut Star's real objective is for Allison to escape with White Chain (who will help her get her key to Zaid.) It's possible his anger is genuine and leaving him to threaten the plan, as it did before; but I think it's more likely that this is at least partially a ruse intended to push Allison to travel with White Chain again by appearing as a big dangerous threat that will require White Chain's assistance.

We don't know the full reason why they want Zaid to have the key yet, but it seems like they're trying to force some sort of cycle to continue. My impression is that they want the world to maintain a sort of eternal stasis, and that this means that Zaid getting the key would be Very Bad.
    That does sound like what's going on, at least at the level we understand it now. What I'm curious about is this: The author has stated that Juggernaut Star, along with Metatron, is among the only entities in the multiverse capable of understanding Zoss' power. That's a...pretty big deal. That means that at least on this subject Juggernaut Star is wiser and more knowledgeable than "wise, cryptic" characters like Maya or even Jadis. So he seems rash, but if there's a deeper secret that no one in the cosmos knows then perhaps his hatred comes from that knowledge? Something about Zoss and Allison, probably related to the creation of the Key of Kings from the torture of Metatron, makes him angry.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ettin in the Playground

As a Mendicant Knight, she's sworn to use violence only in self-defense or to protect the weak and defenseless. I'm not sure if Allison falls into that category from her perspective, but assuming she takes her oaths seriously then she could be fighting Juggernaut Star because of that.

(Then again, "self defense" seems to apply when you're in a room with a rampaging Thorn Knight.)

Juggernaut Star's real objective is for Allison to escape with White Chain (who will help her get her key to Zaid.) It's possible his anger is genuine and leading him to threaten the plan, as it did before; but I think it's more likely that this is at least partially a ruse intended to push Allison to travel with White Chain again by appearing as a big dangerous threat that will require White Chain's assistance.

No, I don't think she's attacked yet. Those slashes were him cutting up everyone around him.
    Yeah... that doesn't really fly.

Being a general and conquering 20,000 worlds is not exactly self-defense.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

No, but perhaps conquering 20.000 worlds is enough to reduce a persons taste for violence and conquest.
    And instead make them swear the oaths of a Medicant Knight.

That does sound like what's going on, at least at the level we understand it now. What I'm curious about is this: The author has stated that Juggernaut Star, along with Metatron, is among the only entities in the multiverse capable of understanding Zoss' power. That's a...pretty big deal. That means that at least on this subject Juggernaut Star is wiser and more knowledgeable than "wise, cryptic" characters like Maya or even Jadis. So he seems rash, but if there's a deeper secret that no one in the cosmos knows then perhaps his hatred comes from that knowledge? Something about Zoss and Allison, probably related to the creation of the Key of Kings from the torture of Metatron, makes him angry.
    That is quite a surprise, and put 6 Juggernaut in another sort of light. I guess to start its kinda telling that both Juggernaut and Metatron seems to be in a "destroy the universe" mood.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post

She (presumably) wasn't a Mendicant Knight back then. Mendicant Knights are also sworn to poverty, so it's not really possible that she was a beggar at the time. I mean... I think it's pretty obvious that "ruler of 20,000 worlds" and "perpetually drunk, overweight wandering beggar knight sworn to poverty" are from different points in her timeline!

But the rules for Mendicant Knights are from here, and Maya is mentioned to currently be one here. So yes, she has currently at least notionally disavowed violence save in self-defense or the defense of the poor and unprotected, although we don't know how rigorously she keeps to that vow.

I suspect she actually adheres to it rigidly just because that makes for a more interesting story, but that she can define quite a lot as defending the poor and unprotected; and that she's also very good at getting anyone else she wants to take down to take the first shot at her, after which she's free to eviscerate them.

(Keep in mind that Mendicant Knights are also implied to be the strongest of the four orders of knights, depending on their level of drunkenness.)
    Last edited by Aquillion; 2016-08-29 at 04:30 AM.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

I suspect she actually adheres to it rigidly just because that makes for a more interesting story, but that she can define quite a lot as defending the poor and unprotected; and that she's also very good at getting anyone else she wants to take down to take the first shot at her, after which she's free to eviscerate them.
    I think getting someone else to take the first shot on her is going to be an extremely easy job most of the time. From what we have seen of the rich and powerful then the majority of them would not bat an eye at randomly striking down a random peasant who might have gotten in their way.

And Maya looks like any fat old drunk until she is preparing to serve a plate of ass-woop.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ettin in the Playground

There's that, too. Mendicant Knights are basically an entire order of "oh look a disgusting old drunk standing in my way, I'm gonna kick their ass for this insolen- oh no now I am in hundreds of pieces and dead; who could have foreseen this?"
    Last edited by Aquillion; 2016-08-29 at 10:41 PM.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ettin in the Playground

...hold on. Vow of poverty/beggar -> being fat

How? Does she hang out at a pie shop that regularly throws out whole palettes?
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ettin in the Playground

My guess is that people tend to give Mendicant Knights things for free as needed. I mean, remember that noodle guy? I'd want a Mendicant Knight who likes my cooking hanging around my stall, too, especially if it was situated in Hell 71. Giving her free noodles was the only reason he and his stall survived that battle. And I'm pretty sure she can eat for free there whenever she wants, now (or paying him with just aphorisms).

There's probably a religious aspect to it, of course. But the fact Mendicant Knights are ridiculously powerful warriors would make most people willing to feed them with them in the hopes that they'll be remembered fondly. Mendicant Knights are sworn only to use violence to protect the weak; they're not required to protect everyone who needs it. Being someone a Mendicant Knight considers worth protecting has obvious advantages.

Basically, giving Maya the all-you-can-eat special for free whenever she wants is a pretty cheap price to have the protection of someone who is probably one of the most powerful warriors in the world, even temporarily.

(Also, nothing says she has to be nice. She can go to a restaurant, eat, then leave without paying; if they object, she can ignore them, and if they try to stop her she can defend herself... although most people would probably know enough to back down once she indicated she was a Mendicant Knight, since first, it means she can't pay them anyway, and second, if they try to stop her from leaving then they'll die. I imagine she does the eat-and-run thing pretty often; my impression is that Mendicant Knights in general are sort of scoundrels.)
    Last edited by Aquillion; 2016-08-30 at 01:10 AM.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Troll in the Playground

Mendicant Knights are basically an entire order of "oh look a disgusting old drunk standing in my way, I'm gonna kick their ass for this insolen- oh no now I am in hundreds of pieces and dead; who could have foreseen this?"
    Hahaha, I could see this happening

17. - Top - End - #347
    Barbarian in the Playground

I need this to update so bad

18. - Top - End - #348
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    ...hold on. Vow of poverty/beggar -> being fat

How? Does she hang out at a pie shop that regularly throws out whole palettes?
    We've seen her eating very well (at the noodle shop where she was introduced). She's also known for drunkenness. I doubt Maya has ever had to worry about starvation.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ettin in the Playground

Update. Holy boop.

Spoiler
    Show
    And that is why you give the Mendicant Knight the all-you-can-eat special whenever she wants.

My question is whether we're about to see a thermonuclear explosion from this, or whether he has some way to pull himself together. Possibly she intends to do something with her hair pin to avert that.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Troll in the Playground

Update. Holy boop.

Spoiler
    Show
    And that is why you give the Mendicant Knight the all-you-can-eat special whenever she wants.

My question is whether we're about to see a thermonuclear explosion from this, or whether he has some way to pull himself together. Possibly she intends to do something with her hair pin to avert that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Auntie will simply cut through the explosion. Just like she did to 6 7 Juggernaut's armor (and halo!)
    Last edited by Leewei; 2016-08-31 at 08:39 AM.

21. - Top - End - #351

That'll leave a mark.
    Last edited by sum1won; 2016-08-31 at 08:09 AM.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

When Maya lets her hair down, she ain't messing around.

I wonder if all those scars on her limbs are ritualistic or from combat. The regularity of their appearance on all of her limbs seems to indicate the former. Or perhaps, training exercises to first blood with a famous swords-women who wishes to avoid permanent injury to her student and spreads them out.

The explosion of an angel who's physical vessel is destroyed has been talked up. I'm excited to see the fallout. (pun intended)

23. - Top - End - #353

Well!
    Spoiler
    Show

Couldn't happen to a nice fallen angel.

Yeah, our favorite mendicant knight will be fine. She'll just cut through the explosion, as stated above.

You just got pwned by a teacup, Juggsy. Suck it up cupcake!
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Holy &%¤#...

Holy #¤% on a £$&#...

Maya is quite a bit stronger than what anyone expected.. If she can handle an Angel like this, then i suspect she is closer to demi-urge level than anything else.

25. - Top - End - #355

Spoiler
    Show
    I know angels don't have genders or, insofar as I can tell, sexual orientations, but I think 6+ juggernaut is bisectual now.

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Holy &%¤#...

Holy #¤% on a £$&#...

Maya is quite a bit stronger than what anyone expected.. If she can handle an Angel like this, then i suspect she is closer to demi-urge level than anything else.

Spoiler
    Show
    I assume you mean anyone in the strip apart from maya. A lot of readers were aware that she is a certified badass, conquerer of 20,000 worlds and sole student of Meti. That said, I get the impression that this setting is a little bit rocket-taggy. Most people anywhere near your powerlevel can instagib you if you don't expect it.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ettin in the Playground

Too bad we won't get an update until the 6th now.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

I assume you mean anyone in the strip apart from maya. A lot of readers were aware that she is a certified badass, conquerer of 20,000 worlds and sole student of Meti. That said, I get the impression that this setting is a little bit rocket-taggy. Most people anywhere near your powerlevel can instagib you if you don't expect it.
    No i dont, i certainly meant all us readers. That she were badass were nothing new. But 6 Juggernaut were a litteral monster, rated as i recall at about 0.6 Goku by the author, and only below Zoss in the comparison we were given.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Bugbear in the Playground

I remember reading something (from the author? From someone quoting the author? I can‘t remember) that said Juggernaut Star was the strongest of the active angels, but still weaker than each of the Seven Deadly Sins.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    I remember reading something (from the author? From someone quoting the author? I can‘t remember) that said Juggernaut Star was the strongest of the active angels, but still weaker than each of the Seven Deadly Sins.
    You mean demiurges? They are named after sins, not sins incarnate.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah, that‘s the name.

I actually didn‘t know they were named after those; thanks for informing me of that. I just called them that because their personalities, power sources, and imagery in every scene they show up in draw from those.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2016-09-01 at 04:39 AM. Reason: Phone can‘t distinguish S from shift.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.