New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: Beginnings are false and I am a consummate liar.

New Offering.

This is probably my favorite webcomic in the world right now. It's just so... MYTHICAL.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: Beginnings are false and I am a consummate liar.

Well, lets see what a completely untrained power surge from the supreme Key can do against a Demiurge.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Well, lets see what a completely untrained power surge from the supreme Key can do against a Demiurge.
    Seeing all the kill text... I assume something nasty.
    Last edited by -D-; 2016-09-28 at 02:35 AM.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ettin in the Playground

Who cares about the key... her words hurt much more than the key ever could.

(I am quite curious as well. Motton is laying down quite some force right now. And she's aging rapidly, too.)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm not sure Allison is going to strike back. She might just be about to divide the ship out of there.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ettin in the Playground

New comic!

I wonder if there's any significance to Mottom's wand? Even if its magical, it can't possibly provide power comparable to a Key. Maybe this is a sign that using the power of the Keys has some kind of side effect?

Using her power is definitely accelerating Mottom's decay.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    New comic!

I wonder if there's any significance to Mottom's wand? Even if its magical, it can't possibly provide power comparable to a Key. Maybe this is a sign that using the power of the Keys has some kind of side effect?

Using her power is definitely accelerating Mottom's decay.
    Seems like she uses it as a focus for her spells. She's used it as such earlier, and you can see her focusing power at the end of it last page.

Nice touches with the crown dissipation, key darkening, and loss of aforementioned focused power as she loses her will after Allison's verbal smackdown.
    Last edited by Rhapsh; 2016-10-01 at 04:36 PM.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsh View Post
    Seems like she uses it as a focus for her spells. She's used it as such earlier, and you can see her focusing power at the end of it last page.

Nice touches with the crown dissipation, key darkening, and loss of aforementioned focused power as she loses her will after Allison's verbal smackdown.
    Yes, she's obviously focusing power through it. But the question is whether its actually providing anything on its own, or whether its just a stick of wood Mottom is channeling power through.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

9. - Top - End - #429
    Firbolg in the Playground

MindFlayer

A thought. Abaddon previously mentioned regretting answering any power level questions because those tended to be a little iffy, but if Mottom wasn't exaggerating when she said that it would take the power of the six other Demiurges to equal Jagganoth in a fight, then what happens when Mottom is killed? What stops Jagganoth from overcoming the remaining five and singlehandedly ruling creation?

That makes me think of another question that would be pure speculation: Who do you think the final boss is going to be? Jagganoth? 2 Michael, or maybe Juggernaut Star or even Metatron? Zoss? Zaid? Heck, Aesma? YISUN?

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nettlekid View Post
    A thought. Abaddon previously mentioned regretting answering any power level questions because those tended to be a little iffy, but if Mottom wasn't exaggerating when she said that it would take the power of the six other Demiurges to equal Jagganoth in a fight, then what happens when Mottom is killed? What stops Jagganoth from overcoming the remaining five and singlehandedly ruling creation?

That makes me think of another question that would be pure speculation: Who do you think the final boss is going to be? Jagganoth? 2 Michael, or maybe Juggernaut Star or even Metatron? Zoss? Zaid? Heck, Aesma? YISUN?
    What happens would be completely dependent upon who knew Mottom was dead, and what exactly Jagganoth's end goal is.

We haven't really seen anything from Jagganoth or anybody else about what exactly his endgame IS. Its been pretty clearly implied that Jagganoth is either in league with or being manipulated by Metatron... but we really have no idea what the endgame is there.

But let's assume its just to conquer everything. That still doesn't mean Mottom's removal would do anything.

Mottom is explicitly one of the weakest Demiurges, so its debatable exactly how much her demise would actually affect the balance of power. Just because she were gone wouldn't make a Jagganoth victory assured. It would definitely make it more LIKELY Jagganoth would triumph, but would it change the odds enough for him to actually risk a full war? Frankly, I doubt it, especially since they seem more concerned with thwarting the prophecy about the new King right now.

Now if another Demiurge were to bite it... its a heck of a lot more likely for Jagganoth to go to war.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

11. - Top - End - #431
    Dwarf in the Playground

Another thing to keep in mind is we don't know how all the other Demiurges are going to react to the fact that "Allison took down Mottom". (if that is indeed what happens) Priorities will properly shift for all of them once they learn of this situation. I mean, I'm pretty sure besides Incubus the others aren't aware of Allison's existence yet.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

Most likely all hell will break lose, as soon as its found out. It might take a little while for the wheels to be set into motion, but i dont believe Mottom were lying in regards to this. As i recall its part of what enforced the truce among those 6 demi-urges. The knowledge that they needed everyone to hold back the psycopath wishing to destroy everything.

Another thing to keep in mind is we don't know how all the other Demiurges are going to react to the fact that "Allison took down Mottom". (if that is indeed what happens) Priorities will properly shift for all of them once they learn of this situation. I mean, I'm pretty sure besides Incubus the others aren't aware of Allison's existence yet.
    They wont have to though, Allison did not take Mottom down in a visible way, her words might have cut Mottom deeply or broken her spirit, but Allison did not defeat Mottom in a straight up confrontation, she escaped Mottom.

What i find more interesting is the rather mottled crew Allison is starting to gather. Thats 2 former Black Devils and a Angel now.
    Last edited by lord_khaine; 2016-10-08 at 06:26 AM.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

Not sure if posted: Penultimate offering.

Yay! Rest.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    Not sure if posted: Penultimate offering.

Yay! Rest.
    Penultimate?
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    Penultimate?
    The one before the last?

Anyway, if you count the black page, it's probably the last.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

The one before the last?

Anyway, if you count the black page, it's probably the last.
    Last as in latest, or last as in final?

Ultimate is last as in final.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

Last as in latest, or last as in final?
    Yes, a penultimate page in book.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Yes, a penultimate page in book.
    Oh, okay. I thought the story didn't seem finished yet.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, okay. I thought the story didn't seem finished yet.
    We haven't even met the other seven, so no... It's not going to end now

Penultimate episodes in a season, are still called that, even if they aren't strictly penultimate episode of series.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ettin in the Playground

I assume that the next page is going to be a splash shot of whatever world they're now in before the author gears up for the next story arc.

Judging from their outfits, they're in some kind of desert.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Yeah, I think the story calls for more of a teaser about what sort of ridiculous location the gormless lackwit managed to place them in.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eschmenk View Post
    Yeah, I think the story calls for more of a teaser about what sort of ridiculous location the gormless lackwit managed to place them in.
    Both Cio and Princess, Esq. seem pretty annoyed at Allison about it, to be sure.
    Truth resists simplicity.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Yeah, and I don't think saying, "But Cio, you yelled at me, 'Don't think! Just do!'" would do Allison much good, either.

Oh, well, at least the girl Allison traded places with probably still thinks she's a hero. (I think that's who the fourth person is.) I wonder how helpful she was in stealing the ship.

To save not having to search the story to look it up again, her name is Nyave Anyadis. There is no way I would remember that.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2016-10-09 at 06:47 PM.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ettin in the Playground

On a side note, is it just me or does Princess look darker than before?

Perhaps a pending re-evolution back to red?

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

25. - Top - End - #445

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    Both Cio and Princess, Esq. seem pretty annoyed at Allison about it, to be sure.
    I think Cio's probably still mad about Allison's rash decision to storm Mottom's castle, which in the end Cio was right to want to avoid and if Cio hadn't rallied the troops would have resulted in Allison's death/imprisonment/whatever. Princess is presumably angry about demotion to blue. I'm kind of surprised they got Princess to help. Maybe a renaming from Allison is the fastest way to regain lost color ranks.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Cio should have gotten a good story out of what happened.

I think it could just be annoyance over how long Allison has been sleeping. I don't think the reason matters very much anyway. Allison getting a rough time is just the normal state of affairs.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

THE END.

Adventure, ahoy!

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ettin in the Playground

Excellent he's diving right into the next book with no break.

Makes the fact that we didn't get a shot of the new world as a conclusion to this book much easier to take, I'm sure we'll get a big panoramic soon enough.

Cio's insults are as hilarious as ever. At this point I'm convinced that he picks up a thesaurus and pages through until he finds good words.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2016-10-12 at 06:01 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

29. - Top - End - #449

MindFlayer

New Cover!

So a few neat things! We finally get a good look at the Grand Dragon, the Demiurge of Greed, Mammon. Those spikes in him look like the iron needles Jagganoth was described as embedding into his body?

It looks like Princess Esquire and the girl Allison saved (do we know her name?) are going to stick along with the cast. Interesting inclusions, I wonder what role they'll play. Oskar too. Is Allison no longer being chased by the mob of mercenaries and Preem Nand's dolls as of the battle in Mottom's palace?

Love the faceless White Chain looking at a fractured fragment of her armor's face. We still don't really know what the implications of her actions were - the removal of her face and the fact that she joined the Thorn Knights to further 2 Michael's cause. She's probably feeling fairly unfriendly toward them because of Juggernaut Star, but really Juggernaut Star is the one who Michael should be angry with, not White Chain.

But really, the winner of this cover page is our friendly protagonist. Yowch, Allison, looking good! I like that her hair reversion from Mottom's fruit didn't wear off so she's on her natural brunette, and the whole "cut hair as a sign of personal growth/change" thing seems to be in play here. But she's also just looking really...comfortable. Between this and the last page of the last book, where she tells Cio to get used to it, it sounds like she's beginning to embrace her role in this cosmic game? I worry that Zoss' key might be corrupting her a little. Zoss used the blackest of black magics and was a power-hungry tyrant, there's no way that none of that is seeping into his chosen successor.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

Looks nice.

Zoss used dark science, no?

I'm getting Korra vibes. I'll be mildly disappointed if she turns out lesbian/bisexual. Nothing wrong with it, just too many action girl protagonists, with slight masculine appearance going that route