New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Where Mortals Fear to Tread (IC)

Dawn rises on The Distant Shore as it has for thousands of years, the Bright Peak bustling with little Gods and Spirits and the song of laughter rang off the halls where once war had once raged and beneath the Heavens the World of Mortals turned. But the Heavens are not at peace for factions have begin to raise for control of what the Vani once owned and the Courts where once sang in unison to rise against its previous cruel masters now bicker over rights and claims even now so long after their victory. Old fears are also hard to quell, others within the Courts seeking to build a force against the Dark should it ever return while others see the dodderings of old and senile veterans desperately clasping for relevancy.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Where Mortals Fear to Tread (IC)

Henry sat in his throne room, on a wooden chair some three meters away and 30 degrees from his golden throne. He was deep in thought. Not only had he left Haven to walk amongst them and heard their mutterings and arguments for himself, but servants - including Toby - had reported the same information. Henry should have pressed for recognition, so long ago, but Henry was a liberal soul, and a non-confrontational one too.

Standing up, and clutching his sceptre, Henry walked to Lesser's Curtain - that large mirror - almost as if mind-controlled since his mind was elsewhere. He summoned the image of the mortal world like a great bird's eye view, it swooped and swirled to give Henry an idea of great movements. Was that settlement there the other day? It must have, they couldn't get rid of that many trees overnight.

Thinking of his fears about the community of the gods, Henry wondered if it was the nature of a deity to be cruel. They were the creations of the Vani, after all. There was the deliberate cruelty of the darkness, and the strict cruelty of so many loss souls, even kind-hearted Nazia did not understand how cruel she could be. Henry was cruel too. His reason for being was as a cruel punishment to the unworthy. Still in Henry's case that was merely physiological burden, not a psychological weakness. If deities are cursed to be cruel, then that would be enough to make Henry the necessary king.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

She stirs the cauldron absent minded and listens for the prayers of the suffering. She did not wish to think of the in-fighting among the gods, or the peril her children would be in if the Dark returned. Thick yellow clouds of noxious fumes rose and fell from the cauldron as she continued to stir, blackening the ground as it touched down. Mother Nazia wondered if any type of council would be called to make decisions or so they could just fight some more. She didn't understand why everyone couldn't live and let live.

This newest plague could wait for later, she thought to herself as she willed the cauldron back to her home. She thought of walking the halls of Bright Peak to see what people were saying and maybe even socialize a bit. Her Vector had insisted it was good to be social once in a while. Just like that, Mother Nazia made the decision to travel to Bright Peak.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

1: Hear now the deeds of Gilgamesh, King in Nam-Bel, the king who knows all things and all wisdoms open to him. Gilgamesh who is two-thirds man and one third god. Gilgamesh who learned first the secret of fire from the gods and stole from them the riddle of steel. Who built with his hands and secret magics the walls of Nam-Bel to stand forevermore.

2: Gilgamesh traveled the world far and wide, and taught men the secret of fire that was given him by Ma-Net. He broke many beasts with the riddle of steel, and the world shook at his footfall.

3: In Arad the king said unto his court 'there is none like Gilgamesh, that walks the world like a god in flesh. Let us deal swiftly with him lest he proclaim himself master of all men.' But Gilgamesh knew the secret of steel and so broke the men of Arad and did lay fire upon their king.

4: In Uruk the king said unto his court 'there is none like Gilgamesh, who breaks armies with his mace of iron and brings swift vengeance upon those that would attempt to slay him. Let us deal cunningly with him, lest he proclaim himself master of all men.' But Gilgamesh was wise and could not be tricked into breaking bread with the Urukan, and when they beset him with their swords he broke them with the secret of steel.

5: Gilgamesh knew he was greater than his fellow men, and this knowledge brought him great melancholy. He wandered the world in search of a man his equal. Through the four corners of the world Gilgamesh wandered, but could find no man as strong as he. No man as wise. None who knew the secret of iron.

6: Then Gilgamesh came upon the stones of Nam-Bel, where men feared to tread. There dwelt in the stones a terrible ghost with knowledge over all things whose words were poison that drove men mad. But Gilgamesh knew no fear and stepped into the stones where for forty days and nights he listened to the ghost that was a god.

7: And Gilgamesh gained mastery over all things of the earth. He commanded stone to break and water to freeze and arrows to stop. And he knew the face of a god. He built around the stones great walls thirty cubits high with great gates of copper and put before them guardians in the shape of bronze bulls.

8: And from the four corners of the world kings and princes sent tribute and champions all to learn the secrets of the stones and gain mastery of all things. To Nam-Bel came the discontent seeking to make of themselves power and mastery...

-The Deeds of Gilgamesh, Chapter 1

The man himself was striking, perfect in form. Heavy with muscle he drew a hand across his sweating brow, wiping the sweat of exhaustion away before it could run through his coiled beard. He once again lay down the chisel.

Around him dozens of other men were carving and laying bricks. Others like himself, discontent and restless had found (been drawn to?) the whispering stones and their alien writing. And some, like himself, were learning the secrets. And knew to keep such mastery only to the learned. Hence the brick laying.

Forty wretched days underneath the desert sun. But they had steel tools and could do what other men could not. Steel tools and the secret. The formulas of the Gods themselves. The Holy Science. They could shape the stones and build like none before. In forty days the greatest walls the world had ever seen stood tall around the stone circle.

Others had gone mad from the circle's whispers. Others had died in agony, writhing in pain as they channeled forces well beyond them improperly in failed transmutations. Others accomplished nothing at all, unable to feed the demands of the Holy Science.

But not he. He could transmute the heat of fire into motion and energy. He could use it to reshae the world around. And now at the center of the glade there burned a great bonfire, flames fifty cubits high. He alone had absolute mastery of those forces.

He willed another transmutation circle closed, the chiseled carvings in the stone flaring to life as the balefire dimmed, to embers its heat transmuted into motion as another section of wall rose out of the earth.

No, no other men had his mastery of these forces. But they would come to envy them, drawn to the stones of Nam-Bel much like he was. But he was first. His hand fell to the handle of a steel mace at his belt, caressing the familiar leather wrappings.

He was Gilgamesh.

And from within the stone circle, invisible, a presence watched and waited.

Spoiler
    Show
    Figured i'd start doing some stuff in the mortal world and introducing characters. This is Gilgamesh, the first of the seven Peers.

Actions:

Myth use (2/week)

Create city of Nam-Bel, city of the discontent. Figured i'd start a civilization
    Advance metallurgy: Iron and steel. I'm the artifice god here, might as well get that rolling
    I work very irregular hours and usually very long ones at that. If I do not respond to something in a timely manner pester me in an OOC thread. If something big is happening in the Middle East I will probably be busy for a few days because I am the idiot wearing kevlar and interviewing people on the fronts.

Do you like MTG? Do you like Gitp? We have a Discord server for like minded players.

Currently Running: Through the Faerie Ring

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Latumaros arrives on the Distance Shore. With a smirk he walks up the steps of the Bright Peak. Once inside he finds himself a seat and looks upon Creation. "What a boring day to be mortal" as he spies on a farmer working his crops. Latumaros gets up out of his seat and searches for the other gods. Perhaps he believes that even among all these hostilities he can find some entertainment from them, even if he needs to cause a bit of trouble to do it.

Latumaros stumbles through the halls, drinking from his horn as he goes. He knocks over a vase which hits the ground with a large shatter. He just laughs and continues on. Eventually he finds another seat. He leans back on the seat carelessly, balancing it perfectly on the angle. "Where is everyone on this fine day? he announces loudly to anyone within earshot. "Come on fancypants, don't be shy!" Latumaros smirks once again and takes another gulp from the horn.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Vas
    The Bright Peak

Vas made its slow ascent along the pathways hewn into the stone of the Bright Peak, each step moving through old bones and the *tap* *tap* of its cane signaling the coming of the venerable Vani. Grooves had been worn into the broad steps from a millennia of journeys of the same shuffling feet. Behind the Vani was its constant companions, The Rabbit Children, who sang songs and cleared the pathway for the God though were otherwise ignored by their master in their antics with the usual sour expression on its face. It eventually found itself in the halls of the Bright Peak, taking its seat in the main hall with a tired sigh as the Rabbit Children danced about and joined the other Little Gods in their tasks and giving their master a much needed respite.

The god of Joy seems to provoke him however, turning slowly to look over "Many are here." it offers, a tap of its cane on the floor punctuating the response. "Have you some need Young Latumaros to make such a scene in these honored halls?"

Spoiler: The Little Gods
    Show

The Little Gods: Gods of minor things such as particular rivers, oceans, mountains, forests and towns the Little Gods are constant fixtures of the Bright Halls and make up much of the political structure of the Godly Courts as pages, messengers, personal servants and courtesans. These Little Gods can appear as anything though often share similarities with that which they oversee. For example a Little God of the Rivers would share common themes with fish while Little Gods of a particular Forest may appear as a giant boar or a hunter adorned in the feathers of the common birds in his keep.
    Last edited by Razade; 2016-02-15 at 04:11 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Henry

Henry decided to travel to Bright Peak, he felt something in the air saying that was the right thing. He took two heralds with him, Toby and one other. Their purpose was less to herald his arrival, although they did that as an aid to their second job, but to ensure that if there were any creatures vulnerable to Henry's awesome aura that might pass Henry's way, then such creatures could be rushed out of the way for their own way.

The two heralds did not blow their trumpets on the way out of Haven, merely checking that the route was clear, it was only once Henry stepped out onto the divine shore that the first peals were heard.

And thus walked up the mountain, the warning sounds of trumpets accompanying him.

8. - Top - End - #8

Lizardfolk

"What scene? I don't see a scene, that vase was already broken when I got here. Latumaros laughs. "Is it so strange that I would care to leave Creation for a few moments to check up on things? Perhaps since last time I have been here something big happened? Perhaps there was a marriage? A fresh war? Perhaps some of the folks around here found a sense of humor?" Latumaros takes another mouthful from the horn.

"And why might you be here? Bored of The Washing Poles? Looking for a bit of fun? Trust me when I say this, but if you are looking for fun go down to Creation. Sure you get the occasionally mob with pitchforks and torches but the parties down there are a lot more lively and you don't have to worry about offending some divine lunatic who will threaten to destroy your works".

Latumaros hears the trumpets and instantly recognizes who the belong to. "You hear that Vas? Now I know for sure that you will find no fun here".

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Ur-Kadesh didn't get royalty. He had been watching for decades now. Each case had a similar sequence of events. One man put on a funny hat with too many feathers or beads or similar and started telling others what to do. As far as it could see, others obeyed because the man with the hat had men with lots of pointy objects to ensure he was obeyed. But why did those men obey the king?

Sure, Gilgamesh was a special case. He was a quick learner. Even now he could make a three link formula and move and exchange energy. Obey Gilgamesh, king of kings, or he can really put the boot in. And to be fair, those that followed him tended to be better off, at least on a macro level if not the individual. Ok, rational self interest. Group interest. He'd keep watching that one, a lot of potential there. Maybe even plans for him. Sure, he's just walled off Ur-Kadesh's biggest Circle, but there were more. And that little society thing they were tinkering with was drawing more than random chance. Why hadn't it thought of that?

But in most cases it really was just a special hat. Ur-Kadesh had examined the hats-- common themes again there. High gold content, usually impure with significant copper. Glass beads were common, but what was it about one silicon and two oxygens that conferred authority? Feathers were just impure carbon, as were the wearers. He thought maybe more carbon meant more authority, but kings were not always the biggest examples of their kind.

So the peal of trumpets was really just an irritation. Booted feet tromping through Its garden and scaring away all the ghosts. They were useful, they taught it things. For instance they had substance of sorts. He was one the verge of finding a way to dissect them!

Dust swirled around a whispering wind that sprang into being around the trumpeting entourage before coalescing into an indistinct and only partially tangible figure of a faceless humanoid figure obscured by tattered grey robes. When it spoke, the words did not echo. In fact, they were not spoken. They were simply said, as if they had been spoken, a memory with no sound. They just were.

This one still does not understand the purpose of the trumpets. Nothing Lives here. There is no need to warn life away. You are scaring this one's ghosts. it said as one of many spectral hands waved a diamond needle trailing threads of copper and adamant, though for emphasis or out of simple absent mindedness you could not say.
    I work very irregular hours and usually very long ones at that. If I do not respond to something in a timely manner pester me in an OOC thread. If something big is happening in the Middle East I will probably be busy for a few days because I am the idiot wearing kevlar and interviewing people on the fronts.

Do you like MTG? Do you like Gitp? We have a Discord server for like minded players.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lank View Post
    "What scene? I don't see a scene, that vase was already broken when I got here. Latumaros laughs. "Is it so strange that I would care to leave Creation for a few moments to check up on things? Perhaps since last time I have been here something big happened? Perhaps there was a marriage? A fresh war? Perhaps some of the folks around here found a sense of humor?" Latumaros takes another mouthful from the horn.

"And why might you be here? Bored of The Washing Poles? Looking for a bit of fun? Trust me when I say this, but if you are looking for fun go down to Creation. Sure you get the occasionally mob with pitchforks and torches but the parties down there are a lot more lively and you don't have to worry about offending some divine lunatic who will threaten to destroy your works".

Latumaros hears the trumpets and instantly recognizes who the belong to. "You hear that Vas? Now I know for sure that you will find no fun here".

"What you do with Creation is of no consequence to me Young Latumaros, a happy soul is as a miserable soul. They wash the same."
    Vas offers with a soft shrug, the tapping of its stick continuing gently. "Perhaps there was, there are always such things here. More the question why you're in this dreary place. Surely there are other more entertaining halls for you. The least you can do is share." The Vani reaches for the horn though pauses at the question, its already deep set frown growing deeper. "I am never bored with my work, perhaps you'll come and join me for an hour but I have no desire to see the Mortals in their work, you know I seek no worship from them. When I look upon them I see the sum total of their works stretching back to a time before their sun shone bright in the sky. When you have lived as long as I Young Latumaros you learn that there are truly none unique. Only parts of other people you once knew tethered together. An arm here, a laugh there. I came here only to see the collage." The trumpets do little to stir it however, hand still outreached. "As before, so again. Those who claim leadership are larger patchworks still."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Henry spoke to the figure, although he would only be certain that the figure heard him once it replied, "I shall grant that nothing lives here. However, I will not say with any certainty that there is nothing alive here. Some naive creature that sneaked through, some pet bought here by a deity, or any other possibility. Even if you told me that there were certainly none here today, I would still have the peals accompany tomorrow. None need to fear Henry. Or at least only the wicked, ha."

Henry laughed at the emptiness of the last statement, "Still friend, I am sorry for the inconvenience with the ghosts. Can I help? Are you doing any experiments of general interest?"

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

It's difficult for a faceless figure to look blank. Still, the empty god managed it. Henry's odd attachment to whatever 'morality' was confused him even more than that whole hangup about being a king. He didn't even have a feathered hat. Still... he had offered to help...

This one was trying to figure out how the ghosts are attached to their living meat. It has something to do with electricity. Their ghosts and their brains are linked. This one has finally devised a tool that can interact with the ghosts it said, waving the needle emphatically this time. It glowed like a cesium leak as the wind blew particles over its edges. -and was attempting to determine if they could be linked to other forms of meat. This one desires to know if they make choices based on some internal ghost calculus or external meat calculus.

Do you have any fresh ghosts with any noteworthy traits? Perhaps a particularly violent specimen of something similar? This one desires to put it inside a different shell and see which determines the choices. Actually, this one would also need a fresh carcass of some sort. Something inhuman. Maybe a bear. Or one of those things with the scales and the thresher blades for arms, this one can never remember. Or perhaps some sort of saint for that last one?

Ur-Kadesh seemed to pause to think for a moment. And perhaps this one may have some observations for your conundrum. Something about hats this one suspects.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Henry spoke to the figure, "In Haven, few die from means natural, and we live in a time of peace and thus even fewer die of unnatural means. Perhaps, more fully in the mortal world the souls of my worshippors could count as 'mine', but I do not know them well enough to know their personalities. Still, certainly I could have procured for you a bear carcass, or something of that sort. If you intend to go to the Poles for new souls, then perhaps I can join you for the journey?"

Of the two Herald's that stood with Henry, only Toby was of the Kingsmarked. The second an old tattooed man was a forgotten issue of Latumaros. Henry taking a step up the mountain, his open eyes continuing to look at the figure, "And what observations would these be?"

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

No. The poles simply will not do it intoned. Those ghosts have been washed clean of identity. This research needs one with significantly more... essence? Perhaps Vas might have a few that it has not processed yet. We shall visit it.

The figure disintegrated into dust again, appearing some distance up the winding path through the trees. The second set of observations revolves around your claim. This one has a king now. It is a rather smart one and knows many tricks. This one thinks you should observe it. It is a king yet does not need a funny hat.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Henry followed the figure, as he spoke, one herald walking pass the figure to check for mortals while the other did the same but for behind. "None of them best ones do need crowns, you know? So where is your king? Any landmarks I can use to guide my search for him? "

Henry was interested in this king and sought to learn all Ur-Kadesh's thoughts on the matters as they climbed up to meet him. Henry trusted to the figure to lead the way, and if Toby went forward the wrong path through a false prediction then he would simply have to quickly get back onto the right path. What are your reasons for observing this king?"

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

"Sup, Bitches?" Came the dissonant voice, walking up the stairway and into the deities chambers. Sitri assended, step by step, taking her stroll at a leisurely pace. In one hand, she twirled around some rotting piece of flesh, a ghastly blob of filth that was dangling upon a length of sinew and muscle. An odd toy, it amused her to see it pulse and twitch as she yanked it this way and that. "Vas, baby, did I happen to hear you say that there's nothing truely unique? I'm hurt!". Sitri gave a mock pout, a childish expression of crocodile tears, before her face morphed back into its sinister grin. The Dark Goddess moved about the chamber. In one instant, she was atop the table. Another, she stood hundreds of feet tall, a single enormous eye gazing in through the window. In the next, she was a mist, than a shadow on the wall, a lizard which surried across the floor. There seemed to be little rhyme or reason, other than perhaps showing off. It was unlikely gods would be intimidated by such a show. "If I'd had know there was going to be a pow-wow, I'd have brought snacks! As is, I'm on a busy schedule today. But what did I happen to spy as I mozey's around down on the planet? Walls. Just....******* big ass walls. And I was wondering who wanted to claim responsibility for that."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Ur-Kadesh paused in its tracks. Well, path, anyway. It didn't have enough body to make tracks.

This one thought the hats somehow channeled an undiscovered wavelength for authority. That the hats are unnecessary explains why this one could not observe that force.

This one was curious because this king has accomplished more. He was not born to a king, which this one has gathered is the typical means on conferring authority. He rose to leadership through strength. He imposed his will on the world around. And he came to this one's circle and actually understood. This one is... impressed by this human. He has mastered my arts like none before. He knows all solid bindings and even liquid and gas. He can move energy between objects without loosing most of it. He has not died screaming either. That tends to happen often. Also he is building something. A city with great walls, the likes of which have not been seen before. He has mastered the secret of steel and draws plans for great wonders.

But those are secondary traits. Other humans willingly follow him, and he walks among them teaching them this one's secrets. There are a few hundred that follow him now, and even more that till the earth for him. More wander in by the day. And they desire to follow him! He has not needed to bludgeon more than two into pulp or light them on fire from the inside. They are building a new society there. Perhaps even a new structuring of one. He is called Gilgamesh. In a valley between great mountains where the sun rises, seek out two twining rivers. Where they meet you will see great walls of stone. There he reigns, and trains others in his path.

18. - Top - End - #18

Lizardfolk

Latumaros hands Vas his horn. He was never one not to share his drink around. "I don't know Vas, some of the folks down there can be pretty unique. For example last night this tribal queen did a really awesome thing with her m-" Latumaros is cut off when Sitri enters.

"Why would I create walls? There is nothing fun about walls. Actually I think I will change that".
    Latumaros gestures to Vas for the return of his horn. He then proceeds to have a mouthful.
    "Note to self: Party on those big ass walls".

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineOfSpades View Post
    "Sup, Bitches?" Came the dissonant voice, walking up the stairway and into the deities chambers. Sitri assended, step by step, taking her stroll at a leisurely pace. In one hand, she twirled around some rotting piece of flesh, a ghastly blob of filth that was dangling upon a length of sinew and muscle. An odd toy, it amused her to see it pulse and twitch as she yanked it this way and that. "Vas, baby, did I happen to hear you say that there's nothing truely unique? I'm hurt!". Sitri gave a mock pout, a childish expression of crocodile tears, before her face morphed back into its sinister grin. The Dark Goddess moved about the chamber. In one instant, she was atop the table. Another, she stood hundreds of feet tall, a single enormous eye gazing in through the window. In the next, she was a mist, than a shadow on the wall, a lizard which surried across the floor. There seemed to be little rhyme or reason, other than perhaps showing off. It was unlikely gods would be intimidated by such a show. "If I'd had know there was going to be a pow-wow, I'd have brought snacks! As is, I'm on a busy schedule today. But what did I happen to spy as I mozey's around down on the planet? Walls. Just....******* big ass walls. And I was wondering who wanted to claim responsibility for that."
    Vas drains the horn hearing Sitri's voice, standing slowly as she appeared in the hall. "A more patchwork thing still, there is little unique in you. Vainglorious beings came before you even from my family. Further more from their creations. A piece of Quintas here." he motions to Sitri's chest. "A part of Pana there." another motion towards the God. "Different formations. Different thoughts but all to the same end. The temper tantrums of a lost child."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Henry continued walking as he spoke to Ur-kadesh, "Interesting, i certainly intend to look for him through my mirror, one I return to Haven. I hope you get a great dealk of knowledge from observing him. I could tell you my theories and beliefs on the subject of nobility, but it will be meaningful if your draw the same conclusion by your independent observations."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lank View Post
    "Why would I create walls? There is nothing fun about walls. Actually I think I will change that".
    Latumaros gestures to Vas for the return of his horn. He then proceeds to have a mouthful.
    "Note to self: Party on those big ass walls".

"Didn't think it'd be you. Your more about the balls than the walls. Big, beautiful balls, with some bouncy beats and buffet tables, ain't that right, champ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Vas drains the horn hearing Sitri's voice, standing slowly as she appeared in the hall. "A more patchwork thing still, there is little unique in you. Vainglorious beings came before you even from my family. Further more from their creations. A piece of Quintas here." he motions to Sitri's chest. "A part of Pana there." another motion towards the God. "Different formations. Different thoughts but all to the same end. The temper tantrums of a lost child."
    Sitri gave a whistle "Well ain't you just the textbook ******* definition of observent. Undressing me with your eyes now? S'way risque! But I think you got it backwards oldtimer. Call me the original trendsetter, the 'it' girl. Till you posers came along and ambushed me with a makeover." she gave an exasperated and over-the-top sigh "I swear, if I were any further ahead of the times, I'd start looping back around from behind. Oh but lets not dwell on who stabbed who in the throat. I'm a busy goddess, places to go, empires to destroy, innocent children to lead astray. Its a whole thing, ya know? But these walls are making me feel just sooo unwelcome. I wanted to find out who'd gone to all the effort of trying to keep me out. So? Who's a girl gotta vivisect around her to get some ******* Answers!"

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

From the furthest corner from the congregation, keeping her distance: Nazia watched wondering why all the bickering and noise was necessary. In her private moments she often wondered why it was that she was considered less-than-savory to these types who have nothing kind to say to one another... She sneered as if sensing something distasteful the moment Sidri's voice was heard.

She continues to look on in observation from her own corner of the room.
    Last edited by XIII; 2016-02-16 at 08:54 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

The walls of the chamber seemed the bend and flex as aspects were leeched from them to create a 'body' of sorts. Hazy edges a seemingly grey essence taken from the stone warped into an indistinct figure, seemingly carrying out a conversation with someone else not present. Though given the now very close sound of approaching trumpets, the assembled gods and devils could guess who.

Singular entity Vas. This one would like to borrow some of your unique ghosts for a project. It probably will not be too destructive this time. Not at a macro level. It seemed to take a look around at its surroundings and take in the assembled gods. Was there a meeting called? This one received no summons. No matter, this one has been engaged in work. Refining. Defining. Also it has brought a king along. This one already has a king that can do many tricks and does not need a feathered hat but thought perhaps you needed one as well?

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Sitri gave a whistle "Well ain't you just the textbook ******* definition of observant. Undressing me with your eyes now? S'way risque! But I think you got it backwards oldtimer. Call me the original trendsetter, the 'it' girl. Till you posers came along and ambushed me with a makeover." she gave an exasperated and over-the-top sigh "I swear, if I were any further ahead of the times, I'd start looping back around from behind. Oh but lets not dwell on who stabbed who in the throat. I'm a busy goddess, places to go, empires to destroy, innocent children to lead astray. Its a whole thing, ya know? But these walls are making me feel just sooo unwelcome. I wanted to find out who'd gone to all the effort of trying to keep me out. So? Who's a girl gotta vivisect around her to get some ******* Answers!"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorGlock View Post
    The walls of the chamber seemed the bend and flex as aspects were leeched from them to create a 'body' of sorts. Hazy edges a seemingly grey essence taken from the stone warped into an indistinct figure, seemingly carrying out a conversation with someone else not present. Though given the now very close sound of approaching trumpets, the assembled gods and devils could guess who.

Singular entity Vas. This one would like to borrow some of your unique ghosts for a project. It probably will not be too destructive this time. Not at a macro level. It seemed to take a look around at its surroundings and take in the assembled gods. Was there a meeting called? This one received no summons. No matter, this one has been engaged in work. Refining. Defining. Also it has brought a king along. This one already has a king that can do many tricks and does not need a feathered hat but thought perhaps you needed one as well?

Vas listens quietly, features seeming etched in stone under the barrage of insults and provocations though its grip on the cane grows ever tighter, its mouth parting in a barely restrained sneer however the arrival of the new deity gives it pause. "If you allow me to know what you wish exactly I will consider it. No meeting was called, and for that I am thankful. I have work to get back to." it says with a barely restrained snarl. "Tell your Lord I send my regards. I'm sure to pass him on the walk down."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Henry was almost at the council room when he sent his tattooed herald to return to Haven to send somebody to procure a bear corpse. This herald was given instructions to return once his mission had been done. Thus it was only the peals of a signal trumpet to announce King Henry's entrance into the council room. Having arrived at his destination, all creatures suitably warned, Toby was free to leave and mingle away from the council of deities, He spied them all but since Ur-Kadesh was speaking to Vas, and Henry had little love for either the rogue or the darkness, he made his way to Nazia, "Hello, dear Nazia, everything goes well for you, I hope?"

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Demonking View Post
    Henry was almost at the council room when he sent his tattooed herald to return to Haven to send somebody to procure a bear corpse. This herald was given instructions to return once his mission had been done. Thus it was only the peals of a signal trumpet to announce King Henry's entrance into the council room. Having arrived at his destination, all creatures suitably warned, Toby was free to leave and mingle away from the council of deities, He spied them all but since Ur-Kadesh was speaking to Vas, and Henry had little love for either the rogue or the darkness, he made his way to Nazia, "Hello, dear Nazia, everything goes well for you, I hope?"
    Nazia straightens up awkwardly at the anouncement of Henry's arrival; she ran her hand nervously through the tangles of her wild brown hair twice in some attempt at making herself more presentable. Since she never wore clothes there was no need to give herself a once-over, she just had to make sure not to nervously snap any of her other mouths.

Henry is met with a wide toothy smile and the lady-like extention of her hand. Her voice resonates with a kind and warm embrace, like sweet honey on the air; "I am well, thank you! Although, I am troubled by all this talk of dark and in-fighting. How are you, King Henry? How do things bode in your kingdom? If you're wondering, all they've done in here so far is make the usual noise..."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

No. Not this one's lord. Just a king. This one already has a king that he is teaching many tricks. Have you seen his walls? They are most impressive. At this point it must be painfully obvious that the younger god was missing the forest for all the trees. This one suspects he is worth watching and will accomplish things, though this one does not know what. It has been done so far with minimal dismemberment, which is unique for the finite sample of kings this one has observed.

But about ghosts. This one desires to learn where will is drawn from, and seeks to plant an identitied ghost into an alternate mortal shell and observe which behaviors take precedence. On the way up Henry convinced this one that it would not be a good idea to place a particularly violent ghost inside one of those scaly things with the thresher blade arms as this one would likely notice no difference. Do you possess any ghosts with particularly noteworthy traits or histories?
    Last edited by DoctorGlock; 2016-02-18 at 12:18 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Sitri grit her teeth a little, an expression that was not dissimilar to a snarl, but one that served more as a halfhearted expression of annoyance. "Whatever dweebs. Since it looks like nobody here is going to actually answer, I'm just going to go deal with these wall issues in person." Picking a bit of gunk out of her ear, Sitri was momentarily distracted as she tried to flick the snotty ball of wax off her finger, before finally managing to flick it free where it stuck to one of the pillars in the chamber.

On her way out, she flashed a smile at the Plague-Maiden "Sub Babe, always nice to see your decrepit ass round here. Wish I could stay, but I got me some Bin'ness". With that, The Darkness gave a mocking salute and fell off the Mountain of the Gods, falling down to earth like a Comet. Her target? A patch of land a few miles outside the new-found city.

Let's see how the mortals react to that one, shall we?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

On her way out, she flashed a smile at the Plague-Maiden "Sub Babe, always nice to see your decrepit ass round here. Wish I could stay, but I got me some Bin'ness". With that, The Darkness gave a mocking salute and fell off the Mountain of the Gods, falling down to earth like a Comet. Her target? A patch of land a few miles outside the new-found city.

Let's see how the mortals react to that one, shall we?
    Nazia lets out a low hissing sound when addressed by Sitri, "... Vile creature..."

Curiously, Nazia steps out onto the ledge with a sense of dread and observes what it is Sitri is up to. Nazi tenses at the idea that she may be out to needlessly harm the mortals.

"We can't just let her run wild on the mortals... If that is what she intends..."

30. - Top - End - #30

Lizardfolk

"And why can't we? I have been doing it for years. So what if she knocks down a few walls, big deal. I mean seriously walls are made to be knocked down right. Hell, if I cared enough I might join her, demolition sounds like fun". Latumaros smiles.