New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2136373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1501
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Light the Signal New IC

Willow gave a surprised yelp.

"Argh! What do I do!? Is it a stabby thing? It's all sharp!"
    Akrim.elf made this avatar. She's awesome like that.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Seeing Willow panick, Edward managed to ignore the pain long enough to spare her a glance that quite clearly said "Really?"
    With what felt like an incredible effort, he managed to force out a few words through the spasms.
    "My... Arm... Sta- *Cough* Stab my... Blood vessel..." He said, acutely aware of the poison spreading through his body.

We are going to die, Edward. It is quite funny, I always felt like you would be the death of me, but somehow I thought it would involve more drama. And more fire.

3. - Top - End - #1353

"Okay, okay, got it!"

Willow lept forward and grabbed the spasming arm. Wrestling with it to keep it still, she drove the device into the blood vessel.

"That it, ditch-boy? You okay?"

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

As he felt the antidote enter his bloodstream, Edward immediately started pumping it around faster, while simultaneously slowing the blood flow around his heart, to slow the poison. A few seconds passed, but he finally breathed a sigh of relief as he felt the antidote doing it's work, and the pain lessened.
    "Wheeew, Tha' was a rush! Well, the serum is goin' back on the drawin' table then." He said, still panting as his body slowly but surely returned to normal.
    "Remind me to either not ask ye fer help with med'cines another time, or at least make sure ye know 'ow to work a syringe first, aye Pixiestick?" He said with a cheeky grin, wiping a bit of sweat from his brow.

He then got up and dusted of his pants. "So. Wha's this about romancin', then? I'm done with this test fer now anyway, an' if YER involved in a love-story I definitely wanna see wha' 'appens. It 'as great potential fer either great laughs or a greek tragedy. Which is also fun."

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mekboy View Post
    She gave Teeth a bright little smile.

"Fine. Won't do anything to interfere with you."

And with that she hurried off. She had a boy to find.
    Somehow, Rebecca didn't find Willow's smile comforting. No sirree, not at all. With growing unease, she started searching for a dustpan to help clean up the broken pottery.

Quote Originally Posted by Elderand View Post
    William's grip on Rebecca's hand grow steadily firmer as she approaches the dreaded section. Not that the super tough vampire was likely to notice it all that much.

Past the painting, past the science fiction, past the fantasy, past the lonely children's book featuring the loneliest capybara. Past the semi well know horror work of H.M. Duncan. Past the obscure high sea adventures of captain Flynn.
    Now she reached the sappy teenage romance featuring witches and werewolves. (17 books and counting in the serie) and now William's heart was starting to beat even faster than was normal for him.
    The sci-fi and fantasy books caught plenty of Rebecca's interest. Those genres were difficult to write these days. When the world around you was already filled with arcane magic and alien technology, fiction had to work extra hard to compete with it. From the looks of it, though, William had succeeded.

She raised an eyebrow at the lone children's book. In a way, it reminded her of the night scenes she'd tried and abandoned. Though unless William had once been savaged by a capybara, there was likely a lot less angst attached to his decision. With a mental shrug, she moved on to the horror books; And soon after, she moved on again. She'd never been a fan of that particular genre. The sea stories put a smile back on her face. Swashbuckling and high adventure! Good stuff.

Then the trouble started. William's supernatural romance novels did not get a warm reception. She barely made it to page three of the first one before a grimace appeared on her face. The phrase 'escapist trash' leapt immediately to mind. But that was okay. Obviously she wasn't going to like every single thing that William did. As an easygoing, understanding person, she could accept this and move o-Seventeen books? Really?! Unbelievable. With an effort, Rebecca regained control of herself. It was fine. Everything...was...fine...

...Wait. What were those books over there? Surely those covers couldn't possibly be what they looked like from here. Rebecca took a few steps closer: And discovered that they were indeed exactly what they looked like.

"Just so you know.....I only wrote those for the money. My food budget is enormous and they sell stupidly well."
    "Oh, I'm sure they do."

Rebecca was trying. Really she was. Despite the growing ache in every artistic bone in her body, she kept her composure; Just. Her face contorted into what was probably supposed to be lighthearted amusement: But the expression was rather a sickly one. Also, the pressure on William's hand was starting to get painful: A decidedly worrying sign, given that the person holding it was strong enough to crush bones...

6. - Top - End - #1356

Willow half-heartedly punched Edward.

"Oi! That's no way to tall to a girl who just saved yer life. And I'm real good at romancy things. Know loadsa stories. Plus, y'know, really pretty. Anyway, trying to help out Teeth. Not that she appreciates it."
    Last edited by Mekboy; 2016-01-10 at 05:02 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Willow half-heartedly punched Edward.

"Oi! That's no way to tall to a girl who just saved yer life. And I'm real good at romancy things. Know loadsa stories. Plus, y'know, really pretty. Anyway, trying to help out Teeth."

"Reeeaallyy?"
    Edward said, drawing the word out and showing what could only be described as a cheshire cat smile.
    "Not tha' I'm in any way doubtin' the vast, informed knowlegde o' romance between 'umans tha' ye must 'ave gotten from yer... stories, Why do ye wanna meddle in it? I mean, i's 'er own affair, innit? Or is it sumthin o' a racial trait fer fay to always stick their noses in the sexy times o' mortals? I mean, iffen ye 'ave to get involved, why not at least get proper involved?" He continued, wiggling his eyebrows conspiratorically.
    "Anyways, I'm comin' with ye. Way I see it, no matter wha' 'appens, this is gonna end up as sumthin I'll find 'ilarious."

Ugh, Edward... I warn you, this is a prime example of how one destroys friendships. I implore you, do not get involved. This can only end badly.

"I know 'Enry. An' I'll be there to see it. Mayhaps snap a few pictures." Edward retorted. "But Pixiestick, don't go cruisin' too much on yer looks, now. True, on any mans scale o' 1 to 10, yer definitely an eleven with a +, but remember tha' more often than not intellect is the proportional opposite o' beauty."
    Last edited by gremlin-pult; 2016-01-10 at 05:23 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1358

William started wincing at the pressure on his hand but he could bear it. For now.

"Luckily Signal pays for my food now. So no need to write anymore of this...particular genre. And by the time I graduate I'll have enough of a catalogue under various identities that the royalties will keep me fed."

He spoke very rapidly, hoping his explanation would reduce the pressure on his hand. He was fairly certain he'd felt his metacarpians beging to break and he wasn't sure even his healing abilities could do anything if his hand was reduced to a pulp.

"If anything, writing those helped me change my stance on book burning."

Oh yeah, definitly felt something snap.

9. - Top - End - #1359

Willow blushed rather impressively and glared at Edward.

"I just want to make it into a proper good real-type love story cause teeth got all mopey and boring last time. Nothing to do with what you're implying. And I guess I'll take that compliment and break the apparent trend of brainless beauties."

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Willow blushed rather impressively and glared at Edward.

"I just want to make it into a proper good real-type love story cause teeth got all mopey and boring last time. Nothing to do with what you're implying. And I guess I'll take that compliment and break the apparent trend of brainless beauties."
    "See, that's wha' I like about you, Pixiestick." Edward said, his grin growing even wider when she blushed. "Those looks, combined with tha' narsty tongue o' yer's. Glorious."
    He leaned forward a bit, inching closer to her face, his eyes never leaving hers. "An' clever you are, despite this whole meddlin' thing sayin' the contrary. So I'm definitely goin' with ye. 'Elping yer friend is praiseworthy, after all. Let's go."
    He stood up straight, putting his hands in his pockets, and swaggered a few steps away before looking back over his shoulder "Oh, an' iffen ye want some 'elp with anythin'... "Implied", feel free to ask. Tha's somethin' I love educatin' pretty little birds in." He said casually, still smiling his wide ****-eating grin.

​Oh god, now he is flirting...

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elderand View Post
    William started wincing at the pressure on his hand but he could bear it. For now.

"Luckily Signal pays for my food now. So no need to write anymore of this...particular genre. And by the time I graduate I'll have enough of a catalogue under various identities that the royalties will keep me fed."

He spoke very rapidly, hoping his explanation would reduce the pressure on his hand. He was fairly certain he'd felt his metacarpians beging to break and he wasn't sure even his healing abilities could do anything if his hand was reduced to a pulp.

"If anything, writing those helped me change my stance on book burning."

Oh yeah, definitly felt something snap.
    There was a (painful) moment while Rebecca processed this new information.

"Oh. I see. That's...good."

And just like that, the danger abated. Rebecca visibly relaxed both her expression and her hand. She gave William a smile which, while not exactly as cheery as usual, was a huge improvement on the one from before. The young Vampire seemed completely unaware of the fact that she'd almost inflicted gross bodily harm on her boyfriend. Still, she did realise that she hadn't exactly been diplomatic.

"S-sorry about that. I take this stuff a bit too seriously at times. It's just that the thought of anyone wasting their time on this...garbage makes me shudder.

But yeah, I suppose you've gotta eat somehow. Capitalist society being what it is.
    "

12. - Top - End - #1362

Oh sweet merciful god the pressure abated, it would take a couple hours for his hand to be back to normal, for now he'd have to bear it and pretend everything was fine. He'd heal, but knowing she hurt him by accident would hurt Rebecca on an emotional level. he could tolerate a flesh wound to spare her that.

"The budget to feed me for a day is equal to that of a four people's family for a month. So it's not exactly wasting time. It's either that or rob store and I don't think I'd make for a very cool supervillain if I robbed places for food now would I ?" he spoke jokingly.

"And it's the only work I ever did I can say was purely exploitative. Even the teenage supernatural romance stuff I at least tried to present good lessons. I use the supernatural as metaphors for life issues. I refuse to write a book about a girl falling for a mysterious dreamy looking badboy who really treat her in a manner anyone with a lick of sense would consider abusive." He paused for a moment and added sheepishly "which is probably why it doesn't sell all that well. But at least I can stand behind that work."

13. - Top - End - #1363

He's flirting with you! The thought burst into Willow's head. What was she supposed to do? Flirt back, right? After a moment or two of noticeable confusion, she grinned.

"Yeah, cuz when I think 'romance' my mind immediately leaps to Ditch-boy, the wheelbarrow of manure in human form."

Nailed it. Now, to helping teeth.

"You know the speedy guy, right? He's the one what has the hots for Teeth. Was just gonna give him a few pointers in the right direction."

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

He's flirting with you! The thought burst into Willow's head. What was she supposed to do? Flirt back, right? After a moment or two of noticeable confusion, she grinned.

"Yeah, cuz when I think 'romance' my mind immediately leaps to Ditch-boy, the wheelbarrow of manure in human form."

Nailed it. Now, to helping teeth.

"You know the speedy guy, right? He's the one what has the hots for Teeth. Was just gonna give him a few pointers in the right direction."

"Oh, I love it when ye talk dirty to me. Hush, my quiverin' 'eart."

Edward shot back.
    "Seriously though, Willie? Tha' one dun need 'elp with romancin', luv. Mate's french. It's like part o' their mandatory middle-School learnin's." He said "But by all means, do go on. It'll be fun, I'm sure."

15. - Top - End - #1365

Meanwhile in the same flashback...

After exiting the Math class, Orlando realized his thoughts were not usually focused as they used to be. All the responsability of being the leader of Squad Bravo is starting to weight on his shoulders. Some people said to him "maybe you should take this less seriously", but Orlando knows it's better to ignore that advice, since serious responsability is part of his Code, and the Junior Star Knights is not to be taken foolishly.

There's only a few hours remaining before the training session with Alice, so maybe it'll be a good idea to go for a walk. Yes, a relaxing, thoughtless activity is what he needs at that time.

He walks by the hallway, taking his time to get to the nearest courtyard, casually taking a look at the trophies, and noticing the people walk by. He gives a friendly nod at those who he knows.

Suddenly, he hears a familiar voice...

That's Willow the magical girl.

Perhaps it's a good idea to seek a friendly face after all. With a self-assured smile, he walks towards Willow's voice.

Huh... What was that?

"Are they talking about William and Rebecca?" he mutters for himself. When he's approaching to Willow's direction, his Circle notices the shape of the one she's talking to. He recognize Edward's biologically altered shape. And a second voice confirms this:

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin-pult View Post

"Oh, I love it when ye talk dirty to me. Hush, my quiverin' 'eart."

Edward shot back.
    "Seriously though, Willie? Tha' one dun need 'elp with romancin', luv. Mate's french. It's like part o' their mandatory middle-School learnin's." He said "But by all means, do go on. It'll be fun, I'm sure."
    "Hi there! Willow, Edward," he regards with a friendly smile as he suddenly appears. "Is it true? William and Rebecca are a couple now?" he asks with a curious and surprised smirk.

"Probably it's none of my business, but just out of curiousity, what're you planning to do?"
    Awesome Alderis Kashtar avatar by Meltheim
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by redzimmer View Post
    Bluff or diplomacy, the penalty's the same. (1d20-1)[1]
    Wow. Just. Wow.
    And now see if a random rock on the ground with only a 3-sided dice can roll a better diplomacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    (1d3)[3] random rock

EDIT: We have a winner. The random rock

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"Oh, I'm not gonna be doin' a thing, Lando me boy." Edward said, greeting the other boy with a smile. "I'll just be watchin' miss match-up 'ere try an' make their lives better. Either she succeeds, an' I'll 'ave somethin' I can tease Willie mercilessly with, or she'll crash 'n burn. Which will most probably lead to somethin' fun fer me as well. I did warn 'er not to meddle, though. Didn't I luv?" He continued, smirking at Willow.

He then returned his gaze to Orlando, while fishing something out of pocket. "But yer just in time to 'elp me with a very important project. 'Old this please."
    Edward handed Orlando a vial of purple liquid, and then pulled out another one filled with green liquid.

I do not agree with your practice of impromptu tests, Edward. Although, I suppose we are marginally more safe when someone as responsible as Orlando has joined us. His knowledge of basic medical procedures is probably a bit less... lacking than Miss Willows...
    Last edited by gremlin-pult; 2016-01-11 at 08:07 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1367

"Hey boss-man! I just wanted ta make sure that my good teethy-friend's courtship went well. Seeing as there were a guy before what had to leave."

"Is this one going to turn out like the last one, 'luv'?"

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"Naaah, Tha's practically impossible." Edward said, waving of the question. "Fer one, this 'ere isn't poison, like the first one was."
    Edward then uncorked the vial, and held it up to his mouth. "Bottoms up."
    Drinking the green liquid in one gulp, he wiped his mouth on his sleeve. He then waited in silence.
    Last edited by gremlin-pult; 2016-01-11 at 09:29 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1369

"Umm... Sure," Orlando replies to Edward as he carefully holds the vial with his hand. "Er... I suppose you're not making a cocktail of grape juice and melon," he says with a bit of worriness in his voice. "I'm not carrying any gloves with me, and just to be clear, if this thing explodes, I'll be out of here before you can say 'potassium permanganate'..."

After witnessing how Edward swallowed the green liquid, he adds inquisitively: "So, I hold this purple thing and wait for something to happen to you...?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Wow. Just. Wow.
    And now see if a random rock on the ground with only a 3-sided dice can roll a better diplomacy.
    (1d3)[3] random rock

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Wdwune View Post
    "Umm... Sure," Orlando replies to Edward as he carefully holds the vial with his hand. "Er... I suppose you're not making a cocktail of grape juice and melon," he says with a bit of worriness in his voice. "I'm not carrying any gloves with me, and just to be clear, if this thing explodes, I'll be out of here before you can say 'potassium permanganate'..."

After witnessing how Edward swallowed the green liquid, he adds inquisitively: "So, I hold this purple thing and wait for something to happen to you...?"

"S'right, jus' hold tha' fer now."
    Edward said. A moment later a visible change went through him. With a groan he held a hand up to his eyes. After a few seconds of this, he took his hand away, revealing his eyes that had changed dramatically, now looking like the eyes of a snake. "Hahaha... Successss!" He exclaimed, his voice coming out in a drawn-out hiss, revealing his tongue to have become long and forked!
    "Yesss... It worked!" ​He continued, dancing around happily, his forked tongue wiggling back and forth as he stuck it out of his mouth.
    Last edited by gremlin-pult; 2016-01-11 at 10:04 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1371

"Whoaa!! Cool!! You turned yourself into a reptile-thing!" Orlando says impressed. "Did you gain some snake-like senses and poisonous glands or something like that? And this purple juice is turning you back to your human form?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Wow. Just. Wow.
    (1d3)[3] random rock

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Wdwune View Post
    "Whoaa!! Cool!! You turned yourself into a reptile-thing!" Orlando says impressed. "Did you gain some snake-like senses and poisonous glands or something like that? And this purple juice is turning you back to your human form?"
    "Correct, misster Watssson!" Edward hissed.

You are emphasizing the S's more than the transformation warrants, are you not?

"Posssssibly." He retorted. "Anywayss, Like ye ssaid, I used thiss homebrewed mutagen to take on ssome o' the common characteristicss o' snakess and reptiless. Note the forked tongue. Combined with the changes to me eyess, I 'ave successsfully recreated the ssnakkess method of 'unting. 'Eat-vision. I ssmell thing'ss with the tongue, which, filtered through me nose, transslatesss into heat-signaturesss that I pick out with me eyess. The vial yer 'olding isss the reverssse mutagen, in case my body didn't properly adapt to the mutation. Pretty rad, iffen I sssay sso meself."

Well, I will admit that it was a rousing success. Now please stop slurring your S's so much. It is profoundly annoying.

23. - Top - End - #1373

"The first one were poison?" Willow said flatly.

"Next time. I ain't stabbin' yer better, 'luv'. Even if the snake thing is cool. That last long? Cause I prefer you fleshy to scaly."

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"The first one were poison?" Willow said flatly.

"Next time. I ain't stabbin' yer better, 'luv'. Even if the snake thing is cool. That last long? Cause I prefer you fleshy to scaly."

"Well, to be precissse, It were a 'ome made blend o' dif'rent poisonss. Before I injected it, I'd used another of our experimental mutagens, ye see. It were sssuppossed to work asss an omni-antidote, or Omnidote (Ssstill workin' on the name), tha' would render mosst any conventional poisons and neuro-toxins ineffective. Obvioussly, sstill not quite sstrong enough fer the real potent poisons. Thanksss fer the ssstab, by the by."
    He answered. "And thisss 'ere sshould only last about 4 to 8 hoursss, or until I ingesst the reverse-ssserum. Whichever comesss firsst. Though I do appreciate ye appreciatin' me normal fleshy looks. I knew ye were a bit sweet on me." He said, once more giving her a cheeky smile, which got quite a bit more disconcerting than normal when his tongue slipped out and tasted the air at random intervals.
    Last edited by gremlin-pult; 2016-01-11 at 12:03 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1375

Willow, who'd just about managed to calm her previous blush, coloured again. Okay. He might be a problem.

"Not what I meant!"

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"Methinksss the lady doth protesst too much..." Edward said, moving a little closer to Willow again. There were few things he found quite as adorable as a tough girl brought to blushing. He knew it was his privilege, nay his duty, to do it as much as possible.

27. - Top - End - #1377

Willow crossed her arms and made a hmfing noise. This was something she didn't really know how to deal with. "Well if yers quite done, I'm going to go find the speedy guy now."

With that she made a big show of walking off. That oughta do it.

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Willow crossed her arms and made a hmfing noise. This was something she didn't really know how to deal with. "Well if yers quite done, I'm going to go find the speedy guy now."

With that she made a big show of walking off. That oughta do it.

"Already told ye, sweetumss. I'm comin' too. I wanna ssee thisss."
    Edward retorted with a chuckle and moved up beside her.
    As an afterthought, he added "Oh and one more thing, Pixiestick..." He moved close enough that she could feel his breath on her ear. "I win." He whispered. He then let out a cackle and moved a few steps to the side, keeping pace with her, but out of arms reach. He knew that this was the point where girls often ran out of things to say, and retorted to physical retorts instead.

29. - Top - End - #1379

Willow yelped and threw another half-hearted punch in his direction. He'd moved away, so she missed, but it proved her point.

She shot another glare at the ditch-boy.

"Yer lucky I'm in a good mood."

Yeah. Lucky.

30. - Top - End - #1380

Feeling an awkward sensation after Willow and Edward walk away, Orlando scratches the back of his head while the other hand still holds the purple vial. "Um, what am I supposed to to with this?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Wow. Just. Wow.
    (1d3)[3] random rock

Spoiler
    Show