New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Help with my Arena (PvP) build

Okay so I'm soon going to be joining a Arena type campaign.
    The starting fights are gonna be 1v1 or 2v2, later there will be a fight of 4v4 or 5v5

I've been looking at some different options, what I got right now the following build:

Lesser Wispling
    Warmage 1

Feats:
    1: ??
    Flaw: Bloodline of Fire
    Flaw: Maybe Improved Initiative

As of now I would be able to deal 2d8+4 fire damage with a Fire Orb, Lesser. If I hit they die pretty much.
    Does any1 have any better ideas for a build?
    Or generally any suggestions to my build.

My rolled stats are 17-16-16-16-14-12

Edit: I was denied being able to take Bloodline of Fire because I'm not of the correct race. Changing to lesser Wispling.
    Last edited by Wacky89; 2015-02-27 at 04:14 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: Help with my Arena (PvP) build

Quote Originally Posted by Wacky89 View Post
    Okay so I'm soon going to be joining a Arena type campaign.
    The starting fights are gonna be 1v1 or 2v2, later there will be a fight of 4v4 or 5v5

I've been looking at some different options, what I got right now the following build:

Dragonwrought Desert Kobold
    Warmage 1

Feats:
    1: Dragonwrought
    Flaw: Bloodline of Fire
    Flaw: ??

Does any1 have any better ideas for a build?
    Or generally any suggestions to my build.

My rolled stats are 17-16-16-16-14-12
    I'd recommend eventually going for draconic rites of passage and then later greater rites for the +1 full spellcasting level.
    Make your age venerable for the free +3 to all mental stats.
    If your DM will allow it, go for loredrake from dragons of ebberon for another +2 full caster levels.

In my opinion , in an arena situation. Its all about staying away from the other guy. Alterself for flight. Invisibility, mirror image.

Then bury them in BFC. grease, glitterdust, web, stinking cloud, solid fog, black tentacles.

If your going DWK, get level 4 spells as fast as you can. Once you do, you win.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bjoern View Post
    I'd recommend eventually going for draconic rites of passage and then later greater rites for the +1 full spellcasting level.
    Make your age venerable for the free +3 to all mental stats.
    If your DM will allow it, go for loredrake from dragons of ebberon for another +2 full caster levels.

In my opinion , in an arena situation. Its all about staying away from the other guy. Alterself for flight. Invisibility, mirror image.

Then bury them in BFC. grease, glitterdust, web, stinking cloud, solid fog, black tentacles.

If your going DWK, get level 4 spells as fast as you can. Once you do, you win.
    I am making my age venerable.
    But I don't think loredrake is going to be okay'ed, the draconic rite of passage is pretty far in the future.
    Sorcerer might be better, I'm not dismissing it as an idea.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I'm in love with sorcerers because of the rune staff. Sorcerers get a lot of spells per day, but not many spells known. For a very fractional amount of gold, you can get a run staff with a bunch of 1/day and 2/day spells on it to give you more spell access.

Seriously for 100gp I can get benign transposition 1/day . For 400gp I can get alter self or glitter dust 1/day.

Sorcerers benefit more from rune staves than any other class.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bjoern View Post
    I'm in love with sorcerers because of the rune staff. Sorcerers get a lot of spells per day, but not many spells known. For a very fractional amount of gold, you can get a run staff with a bunch of 1/day and 2/day spells on it to give you more spell access.

Seriously for 100gp I can get benign transposition 1/day . For 400gp I can get alter self or glitter dust 1/day.

Sorcerers benefit more from rune staves than any other class.
    The survivability I get from Warmage is just really good, since I get to wear chain shirt + buckler. Also it has a higher hd

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Bump to the top

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Bump to the top again