New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword

Wow ! I just love games in which I can play with swords and shields. This is one of the amazing action adventure game which I had played.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Giant homing eggs!

And I have no idea why they didn't animate the split second when Link actually reaches the statuette. He just waves after it, and the next second it's in his hand. That said, I'm not entirely disappointed in the animators. They took their time making Zelda rotate the statuette after she put it in its slot, despite the fact that we can't see it. This made me happy, since it would have irked me so much if she just left it turned inwards...

And oh, Zelda, you're such a tease. I really liked that split second of symmetry when both their Loftwings land behind each of them, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post
    I hate singbots, or whatever they're called. Just putting that out there.
    I can stand Zelda's song (given, she never sings more than a few seconds at a time), but the fairy-god-whatever in Link's dreams is sheer annoying...

I'm hoping for an empty expanse of sky with floating islands where technologically advanced solar-powered psychics fight for the control of the few floating scraps of land.
    Solar powered, you say? Under the clouds, you say?

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Actually, it would've been an even bigger problem since it means Link would have lept off and no one would have been able to catch him. Link would die, game over.
    Except Zelda. And her father. And Mr Instructor. And his two goons, since they seemed intent on making him win anyway. Or even Groose himself, for that matter. He gets to be a hero saving Link and still win the competition.

Lala, your permission to talk science is hereby revoked.
    To be fair, tornados form and tornados are air, so I'd say it's legal to speak about whether the air can form or not. And tornados don't hapen without a cloud connecting to their top. That said, Link apparently knows what a tornado is, so they must happen sometimes. But still, I would probably make a surprised outburst too if I encountered a tornado on a sunny day. Especially if it was above the clouds, yet looked like it was made out of sand...
    Last edited by Teddy; 2015-03-11 at 03:13 PM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    I can stand Zelda's song (given, she never sings more than a few seconds at a time), but the fairy-god-whatever in Link's dreams is sheer annoying...

Solar powered, you say? Under the clouds, you say?
    Just you wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #64
    Colossus in the Playground

Another Friday, another video. Lets finally finish up that tutorial, what say you chaps?

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword [4] The Goddess Sword

Video Length: 23:51

Zelda is gone, and Link is alone. But a distinct, charming sound leads him forward. Who is this mysterious being with a cold face? He follows, driven forward.

After encountering some angry creatures (CAT) and some monsters (where I show off the two ways you can deal with slimes, sweet) Link makes his way to the back of the Goddess statue, where we meet that strange being known as Fi. Many people have problems with Fi, some of which are granted and good and some of which are clearly just a dislike of hot armless girls with fishnet thigh-highs. Fi tells us of our fate and gives us The Goddess Sword, and now our adventure can truly begin. Using the Skyward Strike (which may remind you of older game's natural sword beams) on the symbol of the Goddess, we open up the map that will let us open up the cloud barrier so we can begin our quest to find Zelda.

The symbol of the Goddess is interesting. If you take a look to the future of the timeline you'll see it on many things, usually the Hylian Shield. Though in all those forms it has the Triforce on it as well. The symbol itself symbolizes the Loftwings, soaring ever skyward. If you look closely during this scene you might see a hidden thing or two that'll be quite interesting to you later on. I wonder what it could be (remember to keep discussion to about things we've seen).

After obtaining our armor from Zelda's Dad and being sent on our way, we stumble over a few rather insistent but no less important for new players tutorials. They really overstate needing a shield and a potion of some kind, and while I probably might not end up using the shield much, bottles will be quite helpful on our quest. And don't worry, we'll be seeing more of those other bizarre Bazaar curators in the future. Especially the blacksmith guy.

With all that said and done (also I show what happens if you fall off the ledge like I said!) we don't...actually GET to the surface in this one, but HEY! Build up is important!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Another Friday, another video. Lets finally finish up that tutorial, what say you chaps?

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword [4] The Goddess Sword

Video Length: 23:51

Many people have problems with Fi, some of which are granted and good and some of which are clearly just a dislike of hot armless girls with fishnet thigh-highs.
    The only problem I have with her is that she seems to act like a futuristic AI in what is otherwise a medieval fantasy setting. Though it does give her some funny lines, like insulting Zelda's dad with the bit about oral tradition being the worst way to pass information along.

I love how the NPCs get annoyed when you don't buy anything.
    A few odds and ends.

6. - Top - End - #66

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    The only problem I have with her is that she seems to act like a futuristic AI in what is otherwise a medieval fantasy setting. Though it does give her some funny lines, like insulting Zelda's dad with the bit about oral tradition being the worst way to pass information along.

I love how the NPCs get annoyed when you don't buy anything.
    You are certainly not the first one to express this trouble with Fi

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

The statue scene was interesting. And I'm just going to take a blind stab at it and guess that we'll return to this chamber another 3 times.

And, hmm, that wall detail above the arch over the crest looks like it could be a retractible platform of some sort...

Zelda is gone, and Link is alone. But a distinct, charming sound [...]
    To be honest, I think the sound got a bit repetive after having heard it repeat every other metre halfway across the island...

After encountering some angry creatures (CAT) [...]
    I saw it coming kilometres away, and it still got me. Even the second time!

Many people have problems with Fi, some of which are granted and good and some of which are clearly just a dislike of hot armless girls with fishnet thigh-highs.
    Hmm, my problems are mainly her voice and that she has the body language of a jade statuette. Plus, she looks kinda plastic...

After obtaining our armor from Zelda's Dad and being sent on our way, we stumble over a few rather insistent but no less important for new players tutorials. They really overstate needing a shield and a potion of some kind, and while I probably might not end up using the shield much, bottles will be quite helpful on our quest. And don't worry, we'll be seeing more of those other bizarre Bazaar curators in the future. Especially the blacksmith guy.
    Bizarre is only the first word to describe them (you deserve compliments for the combo with bazaar, though ). Especially the equipment shop guy and his manical grin. I like how he suddenly straightens up when you say you're not interested, though...

With all that said and done (also I show what happens if you fall off the ledge like I said!) we don't...actually GET to the surface in this one, but HEY! Build up is important!
    The patrollers are quick around there, Link didn't even get a chance to call his Loftwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    The only problem I have with her is that she seems to act like a futuristic AI in what is otherwise a medieval fantasy setting.
    Are you sure she's the AI? I mean, Link seems to be the one running out of batteries...

Show

8. - Top - End - #68

The statue scene was interesting. And I'm just going to take a blind stab at it and guess that we'll return to this chamber another 3 times.

To be honest, I think the sound got a bit repetive after having heard it repeat every other metre halfway across the island...

Hmm, my problems are mainly her voice and that she has the body language of a jade statuette. Plus, she looks kinda plastic...

Are you sure she's the AI? I mean, Link seems to be the one running out of batteries...
    Good guess

By charming I meant it sounded like a charm. Also I like it

To be fair all of those things are entirely intentional for some reason. Wonder why...

Thank you for being the first to notice my battery shame.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

You are certainly not the first one to express this trouble with Fi
    On Skype, my convo with Lala on the subject went something like:

"Why is she talking like that?"
    "She's a robot."
    "..........Why is she a robot?"
    "Because [reasons]."
    "Why is she a robot?"
    "Because it's awesome."
    "WHY IS SHE A ROBOT?!"
    "... HT?"
    "WHY IS SHE A ROBOT?!"
    "I think I broke it."
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

10. - Top - End - #70

"She's a robot."
    "Because [reasons]."
    "Why is she a robot?"
    "Because it's awesome."
    "WHY IS SHE A ROBOT?!"
    "... HT?"
    "WHY IS SHE A ROBOT?!"
    "I think I broke it."
    Beepboop!!

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

By charming I meant it sounded like a charm. Also I like it
    Well, the sound itself isn't bad, only repeated. A lot.

To be fair all of those things are entirely intentional for some reason. Wonder why...
    Yeah, I wanted to leave out the sentence about plastic for some reason as well.

Thank you for being the first to notice my battery shame.

"She's a robot."
    "Because [reasons]."
    "Why is she a robot?"
    "Because it's awesome."
    "WHY IS SHE A ROBOT?!"
    "... HT?"
    "WHY IS SHE A ROBOT?!"
    "I think I broke it."
    Given, it wouldn't be the first robot in the Zelda series...
    ... except, you know, chronology...

Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Given, it wouldn't be the first robot in the Zelda series...
    ... except, you know, chronology...
    Except it's not a literal robot, it's a spirit in a sword.

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #73

Except it's not a literal robot, it's a spirit in a sword.
    Yes, it's not a LITERAL robot. But it's still a robot in a spiritual sense. What IS "the soul of a machine", especially one that is clearly designed to help navigate and assist it's wielder?

That's a question for you guys over the weekend. What would YOU expect a true AI to be like? As homework go see Chappie and then District 9 because it's better but Chappie is still good.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2015-03-13 at 07:15 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

If going by chronology, Fi still wouldn't be the first robot. More on that later.

Regarding the timing: you can't actually fly at night. If you fall in the day they give you a chance.

Also, it seems to drain the battery to "low" really fast and then not actually die for a very long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #75

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    If going by chronology, Fi still wouldn't be the first robot. More on that later.

Regarding the timing: you can't actually fly at night. If you fall in the day they give you a chance.

Also, it seems to drain the battery to "low" really fast and then not actually die for a very long time.
    Yeah Nintendo has some good hardware when it comes to battery power retention, I think. I once saw someone play for like 5 hours at low battery power.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

That's a question for you guys over the weekend. What would YOU expect a true AI to be like? As homework go see Chappie and then District 9 because it's better but Chappie is still good.
    Either 1) very annoyed at the bugs in its programming or 2) largely oblivious to them.

Also, depends on what you mean by "true AI". I personally think any artificial intelligence we create will behave very differently than humans do (short of us directly modelling a human brain and then teaching it things the hard way over the course of ~15-20 years), and thus would be hard to predict what it'd be like.
    A few odds and ends.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, it's not a LITERAL robot. But it's still a robot in a spiritual sense.
    It's a literal bloody spirit of a sword. Its aesthetic and nature clashes horribly with the speech patterns of a robot.

What IS "the soul of a machine", especially one that is clearly designed to help navigate and assist it's wielder?
    Well that's not vague at all Certainly not so vague a question as to be senseless

Also, a sword is a tool, not a machine.

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #78
    Barbarian in the Playground

I had a few issues with this game which stopped it from becoming my favourite game. I really wanted it to be there, especially with it taking the graphics from Twilight Princess and making some of the characters incredibly detailed and realistic, but it isn't quite right. Fi is one of those issues.

Spoiler: Spoilers for most of the way through the game
    Show
    This is most notable when she uses her percentages. There is literally one time when she estimates something will be there with a lower than 80% probability, and that's the one time that object isn't there. Like, don't try and pretend that the 30 or so other times when she "estimates" it is anything other than 100%. I guess I'm just a bit mad, but this always really bugged me.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Banned

Did anyone else think "BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL!" when Link gets the Goddess Sword?

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    Did anyone else think "BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL!" when Link gets the Goddess Sword?
    No but Skyward Sword came out back when Bleach was...sorta..kinda..not awful so I always screamed "Getsuga tenshou!" when using skyward slash.

21. - Top - End - #81

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ryuplaneswalker View Post
    No but Skyward Sword came out back when Bleach was...sorta..kinda..not awful so I always screamed "Getsuga tenshou!" when using skyward slash.
    Both of these things are hilarious and you're all wonderful. The Skyward Strike pose, as well as drawing it, is certainly inspired by Heman, and it's kind of great. Pew pew, sword beams!

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Both of these things are hilarious and you're all wonderful. The Skyward Strike pose, as well as drawing it, is certainly inspired by Heman, and it's kind of great. Pew pew, sword beams!
    Well, I had enough room where I could actually stand up and play using the Wii Remote that way and Skyward Strike.

Spoiler
    Show
    I ended up working up quite a sweat on the final boss, because I was a complete dope and didn't catch the lightning strike on the sword thing and ended up fighting him in a straight up Duel...

23. - Top - End - #83
    Banned

Now I'm hoping the main villain in this game turns out to be Skeletor.

24. - Top - End - #84

Welp, time to finally get out of tutorial town.

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword [5] The Surface

Video Length: 21:25

In this episode, after an absolutely flawless dive from the edge to get onto our bird, we head to the surface! Now, we're still technically in tutorial zone because we haven't gotten to the Woods proper, but this is the first place where we can actually mess up so I think it's worth it.

We get some ominous visions, interactions with a spiteful looking wedge jammed into the ground, and get to meet a nice old lady who tells me a treasure chest is in her room but I can't find it oh my god does anyone know where it is I'm so bad argh.

We also meet Gorko! The Goron. Gorons are neat, but we'll learn more about these guys later. Suffice to say they eat rocks, and Gorko is pretty cool. We also encounter our first real enemies. Deku Baba's, which are really easy to outfight flycatchers. Just cut them across the mouth and they're dead. Bokoblins are a little harder then they can block in numerous ways, but with proper timing you can easily defeat em.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

a treasure chest is in her room but I can't find it oh my god does anyone know where it is I'm so bad argh.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Next to the elevated platform on which she sits.

I know because I've seen other LPs. They had commentary.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2015-03-16 at 09:40 AM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

26. - Top - End - #86

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Next to the elevated platform on which she sits.

I know because I've seen other LPs. They had commentary.
    Thank you Enderlord, I'll be sure to pick it up. Could of sworn I looked there though...

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

Thank you Enderlord, I'll be sure to pick it up. Could of sworn I looked there though...
    The side nearer the entrance to the forest proper. Near the back wall.

It contains revitalizing potion.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2015-03-16 at 10:21 AM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

For supposedly being completely overclouded, it sure is sunny on the Surface...

And wow, you really aren't up to shape with your sailclothing...

We get some ominous visions, interactions with a spiteful looking wedge jammed into the ground, and get to meet a nice old lady who tells me a treasure chest is in her room but I can't find it oh my god does anyone know where it is I'm so bad argh.
    Proper adventure game treasure hunt proceedure:
    1. Look around the place.
    2. Look up the roof.
    3. Move everything moveable.
    4. Destroy everything destructible.
    5. Talk to every character until they all are repeating themselves.
    6. Look in any place you don't think you've looked enough in.
    7. Systematically scan the area.
    8. Do silly sword dances on any floor pattern which look even remotely distinctive.

You didn't exactly make it past point 1, and would probably have found it on point 4 at the latest.

Vaguely in the general direction, yes, but if there'd been an hidden alcove under the woman, you would've missed it completely.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2015-03-16 at 03:58 PM.

Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Bugbear in the Playground

Welp, time to finally get out of tutorial town.

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword [5] The Surface

Video Length: 21:25

In this episode, after an absolutely flawless dive from the edge to get onto our bird, we head to the surface! Now, we're still technically in tutorial zone because we haven't gotten to the Woods proper, but this is the first place where we can actually mess up so I think it's worth it.

We also meet Gorko! The Goron. Gorons are neat, but we'll learn more about these guys later. Suffice to say they eat rocks, and Gorko is pretty cool. We also encounter our first real enemies. Deku Baba's, which are really easy to outfight flycatchers. Just cut them across the mouth and they're dead. Bokoblins are a little harder then they can block in numerous ways, but with proper timing you can easily defeat em.
    Spoiler: Fi is getting on my nerves more and more
    Show

Bye, bye, sky. Hello, woods, haven't we met before? Seriously, is there any adventuring game where the woods aren't one of the starting levels?

All this talk of tradition is really annoying me. This is supposed to be the first in the series, but there's already a royal Zelda, a prophecised Link, ancient secrets being revealed and an old evil returning. This should be the place where we learn about how these things came about in future generations! Even the technology is still in the standard fantasy era, instead of something bronze age or something. In fact, let's have a stone age game:
    Spoiler: I got a little carried away...
    Show
    Link is a lone wolf hunter loosely tied to the Hyrule clan. The Gerudo clan, led by their newly crowned leader Ganon destroy the Hyrule clan and establish dominance over the surrounding area. Link survives the loss of his allies and goes into hiding without the power to avenge them. He decides to visit the holy areas of each goddess in the hopes of aquiring the power to overthrow the Gerudo. This quest will take him over the lands, into some of the most dangerous locations. His travelling companion is a mysterious hunter who is actually Zelda, the daughter of the tribe's leader, which will be revealed later.

To catch the attention of each goddess, he has to drastically remodel each holy place. The goddesses will bless him out of respect for his efforts, but because he technically desecrated their places of worship, this power comes with the price of serving one for all his years, serving the other beyond death and serving the third with all his strength/will (there are three goddesses, yes?). As Link grows in power and begins to take parts of the Gerudo kingdom, Ganon resorts to poorly controlled dark magics to warp his subjects into powerful monsters in the hope of defeating Link. At the penultimate dungeon, Link discovers that instead of the godesses being rivals as was assumed, they are allies(/sisters?) and therefore he has given away his free will, life and death to a trio of immortal beings, to be called on whenever they wish. By now though, Ganon's monster hordes are too numerous and destructive, so with a heavy heart he calls out to the goddesses and reaffirms his vows to them in exchange for the power to defeat Ganon at last. He and Zelda both recieve blessings and go to Ganon's fort.

With his kingdom already in ruins and his powers out of his control, the dark king is aware that he has lost long ago and only his hatred makes him fight. After an epic battle, he surrenders and attempts to undo the curses he placed on the realm and its people. The spell goes drastically wrong, and Link sacrifices himself to keep it contained. However, the blessings he recieved stabilise the spell, and Ganon is able to fix his handiwork. The land is still torn by war and he escapes Zelda and her guards after letting them know of his intent to master his magic and return to conquer the land. Link slowly dies over the next few weeks, watching Zelda start to forge a kingdom. On his death, the years are shown to speed by until an aged and extremely powerful Ganon starts a war with Zelda's kingdom. The final scene is of a moblin prowling the forest, suddenly struck down by a young blond hunter.

Most of the magic should be barely controlled, with unpredictable results. Even the goddesses' boons will frequently have unexpected aspects. Weapons should be made of stone or bone (maybe you upgrade your sword by making a new one from the bones of the last boss?) and the dungeons should be less defined, so their first levels should be encountered before the entrance proper. The big problem is that as far as I know, Ganon becomes immortal in Ocarina of Time, so his return after this age makes no sense.

Anyway, nice stuff. Gorons are cool. I really like Gorko's highly exaggerated vision of Skyloft. He's got a point though: anything that isolated has to have some magic stuff to survive.

Link looks all grown up in his big boy's clothes. So proud. *Dad pipe*

To be honest, not much happened here. Still, the next episode should be more interesting.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

30. - Top - End - #90

Spoiler: Fi is getting on my nerves more and more
    Show

Bye, bye, sky. Hello, woods, haven't we met before? Seriously, is there any adventuring game where the woods aren't one of the starting levels?

All this talk of tradition is really annoying me. This is supposed to be the first in the series, but there's already a royal Zelda, a prophecised Link, ancient secrets being revealed and an old evil returning. This should be the place where we learn about how these things came about in future generations! Even the technology is still in the standard fantasy era, instead of something bronze age or something. In fact, let's have a stone age game:
    Spoiler: I got a little carried away...
    Show
    Link is a lone wolf hunter loosely tied to the Hyrule clan. The Gerudo clan, led by their newly crowned leader Ganon destroy the Hyrule clan and establish dominance over the surrounding area. Link survives the loss of his allies and goes into hiding without the power to avenge them. He decides to visit the holy areas of each goddess in the hopes of aquiring the power to overthrow the Gerudo. This quest will take him over the lands, into some of the most dangerous locations. His travelling companion is a mysterious hunter who is actually Zelda, the daughter of the tribe's leader, which will be revealed later.

To catch the attention of each goddess, he has to drastically remodel each holy place. The goddesses will bless him out of respect for his efforts, but because he technically desecrated their places of worship, this power comes with the price of serving one for all his years, serving the other beyond death and serving the third with all his strength/will (there are three goddesses, yes?). As Link grows in power and begins to take parts of the Gerudo kingdom, Ganon resorts to poorly controlled dark magics to warp his subjects into powerful monsters in the hope of defeating Link. At the penultimate dungeon, Link discovers that instead of the godesses being rivals as was assumed, they are allies(/sisters?) and therefore he has given away his free will, life and death to a trio of immortal beings, to be called on whenever they wish. By now though, Ganon's monster hordes are too numerous and destructive, so with a heavy heart he calls out to the goddesses and reaffirms his vows to them in exchange for the power to defeat Ganon at last. He and Zelda both recieve blessings and go to Ganon's fort.

With his kingdom already in ruins and his powers out of his control, the dark king is aware that he has lost long ago and only his hatred makes him fight. After an epic battle, he surrenders and attempts to undo the curses he placed on the realm and its people. The spell goes drastically wrong, and Link sacrifices himself to keep it contained. However, the blessings he recieved stabilise the spell, and Ganon is able to fix his handiwork. The land is still torn by war and he escapes Zelda and her guards after letting them know of his intent to master his magic and return to conquer the land. Link slowly dies over the next few weeks, watching Zelda start to forge a kingdom. On his death, the years are shown to speed by until an aged and extremely powerful Ganon starts a war with Zelda's kingdom. The final scene is of a moblin prowling the forest, suddenly struck down by a young blond hunter.

Most of the magic should be barely controlled, with unpredictable results. Even the goddesses' boons will frequently have unexpected aspects. Weapons should be made of stone or bone (maybe you upgrade your sword by making a new one from the bones of the last boss?) and the dungeons should be less defined, so their first levels should be encountered before the entrance proper. The big problem is that as far as I know, Ganon becomes immortal in Ocarina of Time, so his return after this age makes no sense.

Anyway, nice stuff. Gorons are cool. I really like Gorko's highly exaggerated vision of Skyloft. He's got a point though: anything that isolated has to have some magic stuff to survive.

Link looks all grown up in his big boy's clothes. So proud. *Dad pipe*

To be honest, not much happened here. Still, the next episode should be more interesting.
    Yeah hey get used to Fi being talkative, she...talks a lot.

Wood's are a good starting location.

This isn't a royal Zelda. She's just the daughter of the guy in charge of the knight school. That's not royal at all! She was just picked to be the Goddess Priestess. All those secrets and "prophecy" things, you'll see an explanation for them don't worry. This IS still the first game, trust me. Once it becomes appropriates I'll start showing off the fancier things.

Though yes I'll note that this DOES show the origin of the green outfit. It's just the random color they chose for this year. Last year it was yellow. See, things!

Whoa, you did go a little overboard. That's okay though, it's cool! Not entirely accurate given the events of this game though. Don't worry, all will be revealed~