New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: PTU Ambitions and Glory: Victory or Tragedy

Having said your fond farewells to your friend, made in such a short period but now farther away for this last one. So the trio slowly moves their way down the coast. Tired pokemon half dowse in the rampant current below, exhausted from their efforts the night before. However, miles off the shore, twenty feet of angry serpent break the surface temporarily, but seems to be moving away, cutting a long, nasty gash in the opposite shore before plunging back into the waters. Close to 3 PM, though, you come across a large dock, where a large boat that looks like a mix of ferry and armored personnel carrier floats near, an old sailor throwing a rather large luxray some big steaks while a raichu sleeps on a nearby chair, occasionally kicking their feet.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

"Whoa! Boss, check out that sweet grill setup! What're these, Navy vets or somethin'?" Kongou is excited at seeing new sights, as is Xiri... in a more sedate manner, peering towards the sailor and bowing politely to him. Good afternoon...

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The spirits seem pleasant enough, and the raichu kicks a foot as you make contact, snoring away still. The man looks to the three of you, and waves.
    "Ah, hey! New customers, eh? Name's Blake, these two're Nitro and Jumbo. Welcome to the Raging Ferry!"
    The luxray gives a small roar at Nitro, and the raichu groggily sits up at Jumbo to wave before going back to sleep.
    "Now, what can we do for you three? Headed across, up, or down this here river?"

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Shaun looks at the man. "We need to get as close to the Lake as your ferry can take us. I understand these waters are dangerous, and I would not ask you to go any farther than you are willing." Shaun smiles at the two electric pokemon. "Your Luxray is in excellent health. My father gave me a Shinx for my first pokemon when I came of age. He was a ranger in the Viridian Forest. Lots of Pikachu and Raichu in there was well. Always causing trouble during big storms." Shaun releases Hunter, so the Luxio can meet the larger pokemon. "Play nice, Hunter."

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Cain remains quiet, letting the Ranger speak for them.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

Since Shaun had the discussions underway, Xiri's eyes were more gazing on the different kinds of Pokemon that she... she can't remember if she'd seen them before, some of the details before she died had become fuzzy.

"Oi, Boss, you're supposed to wave your Pokedex and record 'em, y'know, that's a trainer's duty!" Kongou beams.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Ah, yeah, we can accomodate that. Part of the reason we got the rig like we do, 'case of a gyarados that gets too curious. Little scamps hate a good zap. Anyway, 400 a head, and if you need time to decide, you only got a few more minutes, I got a few customers headed that way as is."
    Nitro looks at the smaller hunter, giving the luxio an appraising look. After a while, a throaty purr comes from the big cat, before they begin nuzzling-oh. Oh that's a girl luxray, that explains why they weren't getting uppity and territorial. Eventually, Jumbo awakes with a little yelp, sitting up and looking around with a strange sense of scrutiny before looking up to their owner, giving a sleepy.
    "Rai?"
    Blake gives the raichu's head a small rustle at that.
    "That's right, Jumbo, we're headed out soon. You got that generator all charged up?"

Meanwhile, on the boat, a younger man leans against the rails, watching the mist in the distance and the surging water mon as they swam through the river around them, Grimm being more accustomed to the area than most of the people onboard save for Captain Blake, the crazy old coot had been sailing since his dad was a baby across this river. Next to him was his eldest companion, Hansel, the tympole eagerly hopping about on the end of his tail to see the area around them. He gives a low croak as he looks behind them, prompting Grimm to look back. Three trainers were talking to old Blake, Jumbo slowly getting up to board the ship. Maybe they might be good practice before Byron?

8. - Top - End - #98
    Barbarian in the Playground

When Hansel turned his small head, Grimm already knew enough. His funny little eyebrows hinted for what could only mean one thing, he was ready for battle. Grimm turned his head towards the group as he was curious to see what his brave little Pokemon had picked out. "Hmm these guys look tough ... Maybe too tough. Especially that Luxio looks like trouble for my little water Pokemon. Ah well what doesn't kill ya ..." With a sigh, he turned his whole body to inspect the lot. "If you have a chance, always study your enemy." He recited his father's teachings in his head. After a few minutes Grimm stood up straight and walked up to them slowly, confident that this was the next step to achieve his goal of finally beating his hometown gym. "Excuse me now, this ride can take a while. So I have a suggestion. To pass time ... Let us ... Hone our skills through the battling of our Pokemon." The charming boy said ever polite, slightly bowing to honor their presence.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Xiri is a thin, wispy girl whose paleness and white hair appear pretty unnatural; she's distinct in her monochrome scheme, with a black coat with a high collar and criss-crossing straps across her chest. Sometimes, it's as if she fades out a little, like a ghost...

"Oh! PkMn Trainer wants to challenge us, Boss!" exclaims the unusual Rotom-Pokedex floating around her, Kongou. It begins to play an 8-bit sound suspiciously similar to an encounter starting, before it gets plucked out of the air with the white-haired girl shaking her head.

Instead of speaking, her 'voice' seems to resonate as an emotion within her - an Aura, if Grimm is familiar. Hello... um, my name is Xiri. I'd rather not fight, however...

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

"How many, what rules? Flight ceilings, burrowing limits? Fight to injury or unconsciousness? We using the shore or only land? I assume no trainer interference," says a well dressed, cocky looking blond guy, rattling off the various tricks that people pull on unsuspecting trainers. The Ralts on his shoulder just lets out an exasperated sigh, and seems to send a silent message to his trainer.

'Angelo,' you seem way too stuck up. People are going to catch on.

"I'll pay," he says to the boatman, fishing out some bills from his pocket, seeming to ignore the Ralts.

Show

11. - Top - End - #101

The flying talking pokedex threw Grimm off his game for a few seconds. But when the small girl announced her name in the cutest fashion, Grimm could only return the favor. "Greetings dear, my name is Grimm." He said with a deep voice while bowing elegantly.

When the blond guy took him up on his challenge, Grimm answered politely to his many questions. "Well sir, since I am the challenger, you get to chose the rules. I will abide by your will." Grimm grinned.
    Last edited by Joltzz; 2015-05-17 at 12:54 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

Shaun pays the man, and waits to see if Angelo will indeed accept the challenge. If not, he was happy to do so himself. A friendly battle was always good experience, and Shaun thought that the best way to know someone was to see how they treated their pokemon. And the best way to know that was in battle. Still, he would wait, and watch.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

"Two Pokémon, single battle. No burrowing. Fight to KO. Stay out of the water. No items, no hitting trainers," he says, thinking of what options he has as a second mon. And if he forgot anything, but he probably didn't.

Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Xiri stands next to Shaun, watching the two get their battle on; Kongou is eagerly bobbing up and down, intent on recording the whole thing as if it turned into a video camera. She looks to the hunter for a moment, then emits an aura of curiosity, now that she's realised she hasn't really gotten to know her travelling companions. Shaun? Would you mind telling me a little about yourself...?

15. - Top - End - #105

"Sir, I must admit I couldn't have decided on better rules myself. You must be a formidable adversary." Grimm's blood was pumping. "Let us go to the battle area on board." He said while leading the way. It was obvious it wasn't the first time Grimm had been on this ferry. When arriving at the battle area, Grimm pulled out a pokeball and let out his Mawile. "Hey there Gretel, we have ourselves a challenge. Cough up the Shell Bell please, he wants no items." Grimm said crouched down with his hands together to receive the item. After also collecting a berry from Tympole, Grimm got ready. "Alrighty Hansel, you picked out this trainer, so you get to go first!" The Tympole was already jumping up and down out of eagerness to fight.
    Last edited by Joltzz; 2015-05-17 at 07:00 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

"Sarin, I believe you know what to do." The Ralts nods and teleports from his shoulder to the battlefield. "I should warn you, I'm no slouch either." Angelo pulls up a seat to issue orders from, lying back down. His burns were still sore, and standing did not appeal to him. Watching the Tympole, he thinks a little. There were two possible choices for his next mon, barring severe type advantage of disadvantage. And what of the trainer? He seemed rather eager, which was good.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are no doubt faster.

Show

17. - Top - End - #107

Grimm looked at the teleporting Ralts. He hadn't seen Pokemon do that before, so he already started worrying. "Hmm how far would it be able to teleport ... Hard to say. Will ask him after the battle." Grimm then braced for battle and was surprised to see his opponent get so laid back. "Alright! Let's do this. Hansel!! You know what to do superstar!!" The Tympole didn't waste any time and dashed forward to fire off a move.

Shift Action:
    Move closer

Standard Action:
    Use Bubblebeam (1d20)[12]
    Damage (3d8+25)[35]
    Last edited by Joltzz; 2015-05-17 at 07:35 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

"Just relax, Sarin." Cain says, unconcerned at the damage the Ralts took. Hs may not hit hard, but he could make things difficult. "Magical Leaf. And trace him." Around the little Psychic type, a flurry of glowing leaves bursts from nowhere, striking the Tympole. When the leaves vanish, the Ralts looks a little more sopping wet than it did after the Bubble Beam.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trace Mud Dweller

Magical Leaf
    Grass, Special
    Crit Check (1d20)[20] Cannot miss
    Damage: (2d6+20)[25]
    If Crit: +(2d6+8)[15]

Show

19. - Top - End - #109

When Grimm saw him strongest Pokemon drop like that after one move, he knew his Pokemon was in trouble. He rushed to his Tympole without saying a word to hold it in his arms. "You did great little fella. It's gonna be all right. Rest in your Pokeball and we'll get you better real soon." The match wasn't over yet. Grimm was determined to take this Pokemon down. So he called forth his second Pokemon. "Go Gretel!! We have to avenge Hansel!"

Shift Action:
    Move closer

Standard Action:
    Use Bite (1d20)[6]
    Dark, Physical
    Damage (2d6+24)[26]
    Damage if crit +(2d6+8)[15]
    Flinch on 15+ (1d20)[18]
    Last edited by Joltzz; 2015-05-17 at 08:08 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

As the battle intensifies, Shaun watches closely. He's seen Angelo fight before, but always in the heat of battle, and he so rarely got a chance to simply watch, rather than be actively engaged. Still, he had time to talk. "Sure." he says to Xiri, a smile on his face. "I grew up in the Viridian Forest in the Kanto Region. My parents were both Rangers in the forest. They're why I'm out here, to help other people live in harmony with Pokemon, like they did. My little sister is still back at home with them, though if I know her, she'll be bothering my parents non-stop to set out on her own now." Shaun has a faint smile on his face at the memories brought forth, which shift his aura peaceful, and loving, with just a hint of protective instinct.

He turns to the Rotom-Pokedex. "If you tell Angelo any of the sappy stuff, I will throw you in the river for the Gyarados." with only a slightly sarcastic tone.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

Kongou jitters up and down and goes, "Don't make me walk the plank, Cap'n! Aye yai yai!" but then winds up cackling at the end of it.

Xiri nods, rapt with attention to Shaun's explanation - and to the battle as they start; she might not be the kind who's eager to jump into a battle, but she does understand that her companions want to stretch their legs and exercise... I can feel your trust and confidence with the wilds, and with Pokemon. It's comforting.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

"Move," Cain says nonchalantly. The more stressed looking Sarin disappears from sight, appearing a few meters back from where he was. Would have been a good hit, the Ralts says, having a little fun with the battle. Most of his recent battles had been a little less friendly than this, might as well smile. He teleports back further, now 9m away from the Mawile.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Action: Teleport (move) as an interrupt.
    Move: Teleport (movement) again.

Show

23. - Top - End - #113

Just milliseconds before the attack would connect, Gretel's opponent teleported away. "What the hell" Grimm got worried, but tried to hide it. "How many times can it do that ..." Although there was no time for insecurity. The only way forward was to keep going. "Go after him Gretel. You'll get him eventually!"

Shift Action:
    Move closer

Standard Action:
    Move closer

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

"Hey Sarin, how about you show off that new move?" The Ralts crackles with energy before releasing a pulse of yellow light that arcs toward the Mawile. Another flicker and it has moved another 4m away.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Charge Beam
    Special, Electric
    AC: (1d20)[13] 4
    Effect: (1d20)[3] 7, +1 SpA
    Damage: (1d8+20)[23]
    If Crit: +(1d8+8)[15]

Show

25. - Top - End - #115

"He's in range now Gretel. Let's try another attack!" Grimm was hoping this one would connect without the enemy teleporting about again.

Shift Action:
    Move closer

Standard Action:
    Use Bite (1d20)[8]
    Dark, Physical
    Damage (2d6+24)[31]
    Added damage if crit (2d6+8)[13]
    Flinch 15+ (1d20)[8]

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

"Keep it up. Wear her down!" Again the Ralts fires a beam of electricity at the Mawile. It doesn't back away though, this time.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Charge Beam
    Special, Electric
    AC: (1d20)[8] 4
    Effect: (1d20)[20] 7, +1 SpA
    Damage: (1d8+20)[25]
    If Crit: +(1d8+8)[14]

Show

27. - Top - End - #117

"He looks weak Gretel. Take your revenge for our brother Hansel!" With that, the Mawile bites viciously into the Ralts.

Standard Action:
    Use Bite (1d20)[12]
    Damage (2d6+24)[32]
    If crit +(2d6+8)[10]
    Flinch 15+ (1d20)[16]

Shift Action:
    Move to middle of the field
    Last edited by Joltzz; 2015-05-18 at 06:14 AM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

As hard as he tried to hold on, the little Ralts collapses. "Don't worry Sarin, we can afford to go down in this one," Cain says as he recalls the Psychic type. As he thinks through his team, he realizes how screwed they are against anything Steel. He could brute force it, but there was always that risk... Hm. That may work.

"Dimethyl," he says, releasing a faintly glowing rock, "Confuse Ray." Out of the rock suddenly pops a purple head and a green face, green balls of energy swirling around it. One flies through Gretle, disorienting the Mawile. "Let's see how your speedsters answer to a solid wall."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Confuse Ray
    Target is Confused

Show

29. - Top - End - #119

"What the hell is that." Grimm asked himself when his opponent brought out a new Pokemon. He flips out the Pokedex to see what it is. "A Ghost/Dark Pokemon eh? ... Well only one thing to do ..." Grimm thought to himself and spoke to the Mawile. "Don't be flustered by this weird Pokemon. Attack!!"

Shift Action:
    Move closer

Standard Action:
    Confusion Roll: (1d20)[9]
    Use Bite (1d20)[17] Flinch on 15+
    Damage (2d6+24)[33]
    If Crit (2d6+8)[19]

30. - Top - End - #120

Seeing that his target took a hit and flinched, Gretel advances ... But misses the attack.

Confusion roll (1d20)[13]

Standard Action:
    Use Astonish (1d20)[3] Flinch on 15+
    Damage (2d6+24)[27]
    If Crit +(2d6+8)[11]

EDIT: Forgot the Pressure Ability so swapped out Bite for Astonish. Not rerolling the damage as it was a miss anyway.
    Last edited by Joltzz; 2015-05-18 at 02:39 PM.