New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Avalon: Somerset (Needs 1 replacement!!!)

But I'm just trying to give the minions a helping hand

I mean, we have a general consensus that Lex/I cannot possibly be Merlin which means I'm totally Percival who got fooled into thinking Legato was Merlin and Duck was Morgana.

Of course, now I've gone and given that up too so they should totally just get on with it and murder Duck already so that I can start feeling bad about doing such a horrible job of protecting him
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

2. - Top - End - #512

Minions, any more thoughts on who merlin is?
    Going by game math, my second choice would be axl, but his latest post only makes sense as an active move if he's not merlin.

EDIT:Ignore anything the loyals post after the game hit assassination. No trust-able data can be gathered from it.
    Last edited by jojolagger; 2015-05-27 at 01:34 AM.

3. - Top - End - #513

Quote Originally Posted by jojolagger View Post
    EDIT:Ignore anything the loyals post after the game hit assassination. No trust-able data can be gathered from it.
    I see you've played this game before and ain't going to be consciously fooled by my post game shenanigans but how about subconsciously? Don't you at least wonder if maybe there is some truth in what I said?
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

Can I request a fairly significant time extension? I've hardly had the time to look at the Avalon game: I've been busy off my feet most of the day, will be busy off my feet most of tomorrow, and for most of today and tomorrow's evening/nights I'll be accompanying a friend to a party and running a Monsterhearts session respectively. The little spare time I have is being spent keeping up with a totally kickass game of Apocalypse World we're starting up on the forums and preparing for the Monsterhearts session. Friday I will probably have little time, and this weekend I will have almost none whatsoever.

I get that you're worried about Team Edward just dillydallying and debating and winning the game through dint of overanalysis alone (I think that's the issue?) but that's really not the intent here: I simply don't have the time to throw at this game that it deserves.

Although of course, if you don't think that's fair, then fair enough.
    This is the end. Unless, possibly, it isn't.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

You might want to specify what kind of extension you're looking for. Would closing the phase at Week's end be good enough?

I'd like to bounce some ideas off Eonas after I do some reading (late-late) tonight, which doesn't sound too absurd. Especially given the somewhat uneven schedule we've already been doing, unless Smashbro thinks this is unfair.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    I see you've played this game before and ain't going to be consciously fooled by my post game shenanigans but how about subconsciously? Don't you at least wonder if maybe there is some truth in what I said?
    *nudges FC*

Trying to watch the movie here. Could you keep it down? Give them a sporting chance. In tabletop games, at least as I've played it previously, the Loyal Servants are supposed to pipe down when the assassination phase starts. I can't and won't stop you, but I feel that mind games are not really in the spirit of things at this point.
    I go by them/they/their pronouns, but I'm comfortable with he/him/his or she/her/hers.

Spoiler: STUFFS
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Yes... continue ignoring me... exactly as planned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    'Kay! Ignoring a ninja never hurt anyone.

Being terrible at being a wolf since always.

7. - Top - End - #517

Maybe my groups unusual, but trying to psych the the minions out is all just part of the fun and games for us especially during the assassination phase. It's also much easier for them to ignore it on the forums since they can simply choose to not read my posts if they want.

Besides, things are already much easier for the minions on the forums in finding Merlin since they have the time to go over every little detail while in real life, they have to rely on memory and its not uncommon for minor stuff ups to slip past unnoticed.

If Smashbro feels that there's a need for me to keep quiet though, he just needs to tell me so and I'll respect his wishes since he's running this game but personally I feel that the minions are fair game at the moment and I have to at least try to see if they fall victim to very easily avoidable white noise
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Maybe my groups unusual, but trying to psych the the minions out is all just part of the fun and games for us especially during the assassination phase. It's also much easier for them to ignore it on the forums since they can simply choose to not read my posts if they want.

Besides, things are already much easier for the minions on the forums in finding Merlin since they have the time to go over every little detail while in real life, they have to rely on memory and its not uncommon for minor stuff ups to slip past unnoticed.

If Smashbro feels that there's a need for me to keep quiet though, he just needs to tell me so and I'll respect his wishes since he's running this game but personally I feel that the minions are fair game at the moment and I have to at least try to see if they fall victim to very easily avoidable white noise
    Agreed. Normally, I am rather quiet in the assassination phase, so as not to give up any additional information, but I encourage talking by the players that have completely eliminated themselves from the possibility of being Merlin.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

9. - Top - End - #519

BardGuy

How long of an extension are you thinking? The only reason I put one in place is that the last game's discussion went quiet for days before a decision was made. Are you looking for Friday or Saturday? I think end of the weekend (Sunday) would be the latest I'd accept, since that should be enough time on the weekend to take a look at this.

As for loyal knights being quiet, I'll defer to the minions. Personally, I have no problem with players talking as this is still part of the game. Loyal knights do this at their own risk as they might out Merlin themselves while talking. In person for my groups, loyal knights are usually quiet so they don't give anything more away or they're giving suggestions to the new player.

Minions, if you'd like the peanut gallery to be quiet, that's fine by me. Just let us know.
    Last edited by smashbro; 2015-05-27 at 08:17 PM.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Troll in the Playground

*Silently eats a bag of lemonheads*

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    *Silently eats a bag of lemonheads*
    What? Is the popcorn beneath you?
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Troll in the Playground

No, it's to the left of me. I just prefer lemonheads.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by smashbro View Post
    How long of an extension are you thinking? The only reason I put one in place is that the last game's discussion went quiet for days before a decision was made. Are you looking for Friday or Saturday? I think end of the weekend (Sunday) would be the latest I'd accept, since that should be enough time on the weekend to take a look at this.
    Since Eonas is probably too inundated today to answer, I'd like Saturday, unless jojo has anything against sending an order on the weekend.

As for loyal knights being quiet, I'll defer to the minions. Personally, I have no problem with players talking as this is still part of the game. Loyal knights do this at their own risk as they might out Merlin themselves while talking. In person for my groups, loyal knights are usually quiet so they don't give anything more away or they're giving suggestions to the new player.

Minions, if you'd like the peanut gallery to be quiet, that's fine by me. Just let us know.
    I don't mind the commentary. FC already told me something interesting anyway I'd been wondering about.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by smashbro View Post

Oh, okay. Well, I promise not to be quiet when everything clears out. How's May 3 sound? That'd give me a few evenings to participate in the discussion, barring unexpected events.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

Do you mean June, or are you asking for 1 month nigh of a year?

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground

November, sorry. How's November 3d sound to y'all?

17. - Top - End - #527

November's fine with me. Gives me plenty of time to hunt down jojo and make him name Legato as Merlin
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jojolagger View Post
    Minions, you got any idea's who Merlin is?
    I'm leaning towards Duck, given that his team selection was fairly unlikely, but I'm not as confidant in this as I'd like.
    Let's see now.

Lex/FC: Crafty to a fault, and a significant distraction to me early on. Too significant, frankly. There was a lot of sound and fury here, but I'm not seeing Merlin hiding amidst the rumble.
    Unlikely, although I'm slightly paranoid the two of them have been running a misinformation gambit all game.

Logic: I think not. Logic was batting around various other loyalists throughout the game, and eventually came to be locked in to an answer. Either he or Rofl is Percy I think.

Axl: A significant presence regardless of nomination, but Axl's last post for covering seems off tonally. Axl does however have the distinction of playing this game much drier than the previous round. There was significantly more mathematical reasoning peppered with less personal interaction. That could mean he was Merlin trying to lead from a distance, or that he's covering himself better. On the other hand, Axl seems to have followed a crest with when the game clarified itself, and he's quite intuitive to justify his flawless voting.

Tanar: A blackhole. Not much info all things considered, and while Intern was more verbose, it's too little too late for anything solid. Actually though, the sheer quiet seems questionable. Tamar normally proves more energetic when placed with some power or knowledge. Being Merlin here isn't impossible, but I can't say I like the overall look of things.

That leaves Duck, where I'll place my vote down. Duck's also been fairly mindful of the Merlin gap, which doesn't look like a double bluff. His early question to me also felt significant, like he was probing for me to respond.

Duck-Logic-Rofl had an odd triangle of interaction in the early going, and it's hard for me to imagine that not meaning a Percy Merlin relationship. If it was fake, it was well faked.

Rofl: Probably not. Rofl's been extremely aggressive, and attempting to distract with various theatrics.

Let's kill Duck and hope for the best.

19. - Top - End - #529

BardGuy

Yeah, May June 3rd. The one after May. That's alright for a final date, but no later than that.
    Last edited by smashbro; 2015-05-30 at 08:42 PM.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey guys.

Anyone want to deliberate about this?

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey guys.

Anyone want to deliberate about this?
    I'd love to!
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm okay, but you'll have to complete the survey:

Of the 6 loyalists, who's Merlin and why should I believe you?

If you were trapped with one of the traitors and about to fight a grizzly bear, who would you choose to team up with?

If you were trapped with the loyalists in a haunted house, who would be the first to be taken out?

If I were a member of a notable House/faction in Westeros, in terms of stereotypes which house would that be?

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground

If you were trapped with one of the traitors and about to fight a grizzly bear, who would you choose to team up with?

If you were trapped with the loyalists in a haunted house, who would be the first to be taken out?

If I were a member of a notable House/faction in Westeros, in terms of stereotypes which house would that be?
    1.) I don't think I'm good enough to be able to adequately answer that question.

2.) Not the assassin, or Mordred, or Morgana. So, Eloel. I stand a better chance defeating the sneaky one than the assassin, a witch, or Mordred himself. Or, see point 1.

3.) Not Merlin.

4.) You play cunningly. Baelish? Lannister? Manderly?
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground

I love linking to that and seeing it linked to.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

I'd like to join too, if I may.

1a. Anyone else but me. Seriously, I think there were 5 Merlins in this game so feel free to kill any one of them, just not me. Though I'd start with Eloel if I were you. I have doubts whether he is the real Oberon. He could be Merlin pretending to be Oberon.

Or how about that Sprig guy who has obviously been the most passive Merlin ever. I mean, we went through the whole game without him giving us even a hint of a clue regarding the minions' identities, and then he has the gall to come in during the end game and hog all our popcorn. If that's not a Merlin tell then I don't know what is.

1b. You should totally believe me because no Merlin would ever propose a team consisting of THREE minions together with himself without any other loyalists.

2. Depends on what happens next after we team up to defeat the grizzly. Do we just nod respectfully to each other then go our separate ways? Or do we then fight to the death? If the former, give me the assassin in the hopes that his killing ability extends to bears. Also, I won't survive a one-on-one battle against him since he is apparently the paper to my rock. If the latter, Morgana. Our final duel will be epic but will probably end in my favor since she's the scissors.

3. Percival. Because I think he almost slipped once in this game and almost gave away Merlin when he got baited into admitting that Merlin completely changed his mind regarding a team. Ok, admittedly not as bad as my last slip but since I can't vote myself out (can I?), I'd settle for Percy.

4. I think you'd make a good Jon Snow. If not, then I'd like to put you in whichever faction will believe that I am not Merlin.

26. - Top - End - #536

I might as well join in.

1) Lex of course. Like you said, we've been running a misinformation all game.
    You shouldn't believe me though since then you'd win and we don't really want that after all the effort we put in.

2) Morgana's the easy choice. A bear's no match for sorcery after all and it's easier to backstab someone who's not wearing armour of any kind

3) Not Merlin or Percival. Everyone knows that the nameless chumps always die first.

4) Baelish. You're just like Littlefinger, a cunning nobody that's rising very fast through the ranks due to his abilities.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

So, it's May 3 and I still haven't gotten the time to really write (or even read) anything. I'd be most inclined to believe one of two things, however: Troll is playing an elaborate double-bluff and is in fact Merlin, because he's such a shoein for Percival, or, yeah, Duck. If Troll is in fact Percival, then it's possible he was taking cues from somebody. Who?

And who was really probey of Legato? Show us on the dolly...

28. - Top - End - #538

Because it's not Werewolf, and so it doesn't look suspicious if I'm bandwagoning! Bandwagoning? Band-wagoning? I dunno. The point is, my innocence is established beyond all doubt.

1)Jojo, because you are a gullible chump extremely intelligent and wise and know that he's Merlin playing the longest con. Such an impressive con that even the narrator was fooled. The crime of the century.

2) By player or by role? By player, I don't know- probably Eonas, because I suspect that there would be more of the aspect of "being down" with the use of dark magic to destroy the bear from that quarte, but I really don't know any of you very well. By role, probably Morgana, for the same reason, coupled with an ill-advised desire to hit that. Seriously. Nothing good ever comes of that. Look at poor old Merlin. Stuck in a tree for the natural life-span of an oak tree.

3) Hmmmm. By player, myself. I am a gullible chump. I would be the first to die. By role... yeah, one of the aforementioned nameless chumps. Maybe Lancelot if you use the expansion/promos. Actually, Lancelot would probably be the guy who lured the other players in to the house...

4) Heck, I dunno. You're reasonably subtle, which rules out Baratheon, Targaryen, Tyrell and possibly Lannister. Tully? No. Stark? Maybe, but no. Having narrowed it down a bit, I'm torn between Greyjoy, Baelish and Lannister. You don't seem violent enough for Greyjoy, but you've been pretty quiet, so I can't very well say. Lannister's are pretty direct, overall, so I'll go with Baelish.
    I go by them/they/their pronouns, but I'm comfortable with he/him/his or she/her/hers.

Spoiler: STUFFS
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Yes... continue ignoring me... exactly as planned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    'Kay! Ignoring a ninja never hurt anyone.

Being terrible at being a wolf since always.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Oops, sorry I may have misunderstood Survey question #3. I thought we were voting to lynch someone out of the house. I chose Percy because, aside from the reasons I mentioned above, his elimination will remove the bridge (and gap) between me and the four other loyalists, giving me direct access to them.

But if you mean "which one will be killed first by the terrors inside", then I agree with FC and SI that one of them nameless chumps will be the first to go. If the writers can't even be bothered to make up a name for them, then that's a strong indication that they won't survive the first act. So it's probably me, good ol' Sir whats-his-name.

...On a more serious note.
    I'll be out on a trip for the rest of the week, and I don't know if I'll be able to login during that time. But in case I can't, I'd like to congratulate both sides now for a well played game. I could say that whichever side ends up winning truly deserves this victory. Also thank you smashbro for a great job of hosting. I really enjoyed playing this, just like the last time. And I look forward to playing more games with you guys in the future.

Hopefully I can read some post game thoughts from some guys when I come back, especially Percy and the four nameless but nonetheless gallant knights, though of course I'd love to read some post game thoughts from the minions as well.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ogre in the Playground

So Jojo, its time to decide. Who are you going to kill?