New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Avalon: Somerset (Needs 1 replacement!!!)

If they can't decide do we win by default?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hmmm. Eleol, quick question- why were you so cagey about the Lady of the Lake result? As Oberon, surely you wanted to let the minions know that one of you or Troll was a minion. I don't understand the play you were making there.
    I go by them/they/their pronouns, but I'm comfortable with he/him/his or she/her/hers.

Spoiler: STUFFS
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Yes... continue ignoring me... exactly as planned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    'Kay! Ignoring a ninja never hurt anyone.

Being terrible at being a wolf since always.

3. - Top - End - #543

BardGuy

Jojo sent in a back up decision, in case he wasn't able to be on by deadline. If he doesn't answer in 24 hours, I'll go with that.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Hmmm. Eleol, quick question- why were you so cagey about the Lady of the Lake result? As Oberon, surely you wanted to let the minions know that one of you or Troll was a minion. I don't understand the play you were making there.
    My play never managed to happen because I couldn't force a pick on myself. I was hoping to go, "hey, I tricked the minions, here is me and Troll on the same team, we're both cool!", but, yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thajocoth View Post
    The reason Pun-Pun doesn't work is because he doesn't have to. He can just sit around all day and let his wishes do the work for him.

5. - Top - End - #545

Ooh, things are coming to a close, so exciting! I would clap if this was a tabletop game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloel View Post
    My play never managed to happen because I couldn't force a pick on myself. I was hoping to go, "hey, I tricked the minions, here is me and Troll on the same team, we're both cool!", but, yeah.
    ...Wait, what? I think I've missed something here. You were hoping to trick the minions... into thinking you... weren't... Oberon? After getting a read on Troll as good... I don't follow, sorry, which probably speaks more to my inability to understand, but I would appreciate a more in-depth explanation of your thoughts.
    I go by them/they/their pronouns, but I'm comfortable with he/him/his or she/her/hers.

Show

6. - Top - End - #546

The idea is that a Loyalist could LotL another loyalist, but call it as minion, to mislead the Minions as to oberon's identity.

Eloel was hoping to make it seem like he was that loyalist.

In other news, Kill Sir Immer.

7. - Top - End - #547

BardGuy

Sir Myles makes his way toward Sir Immer, looking at the other Loyal Knights for any sign of acknowledgement, any sign that he is right or wrong. As he grows closer he becomes resolute and it is not until he is mere inches from his target that Sir Myles recognizes the worry in his victim's eyes.

As the knife is plunged into Sir Immer, the knight wonders what he could have changed. What may have hidden him better. How he could have earned the Minion's trust. The disguise falls away and everyone present can see Merlin, wounded in front of them.

The Loyal Knights draw their swords, moving to protect the wizard. But the minions don't care. The damage is done. Sir Myles smiles. "Finally. We win."

So, congratulations Minions! By picking out Merlin correctly Eonas, jojolagger, Legato Endless, and Eloel have won! I'll have more commentary on the game soon, but thank you everyone for playing and hope you enjoyed it!

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ogre in the Playground

...I made that team without even checking my role PM. It would have been the same if I was merlin or not.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    ...I made that team without even checking my role PM. It would have been the same if I was merlin or not.
    Well, I was Percival. Ducks post at #107 is what gave him away to me. After he did that, I knew Legato was a minion, and I was trying REALLY hard to look like Merlin for a little while, because I was sure the minions had seen what I had. I eventually gave up when I realized I was dead wrong on a couple of the minions so many times that it didn't matter; the minions knew who each other were, and I was accusing left and right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ogre in the Playground

Good game, well played everyone.

Who needs information from roles to figure out who the bad guys are (I'm just amused I was able to call out Jojo two games in a row, although I do have to give credit to Eonas.)

My two cents on the Oberon thing, you do not ever want to try to signal to the minions that you are Oberon. 'Cause if you somehow manage the convince the table that your Oberon.... Congratulations, you've convinced everyone at the table your evil. Mission Accomplished, woo. If the minions can pick up on it, odds are the loyalists will too, and there are more of them.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks for the game Smash. You've revived a bit of a craze it looks like.

All players, well done. It was a pleasure.

Special thanks to Logic, FC, Silent Interim and Axl for their awesome participation in making the end phase of the game livelier.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks for the game Smash. You've revived a bit of a craze it looks like.

All players, well done. It was a pleasure.

Special thanks to Logic, FC, Silent Interim and Axl for their awesome participation in making the end phase of the game livelier.
    I'll take your thanks, but I barely contributed.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #553
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Oh yay, we managed to win. Congratulations everyone, amazing game!
    The reason Pun-Pun doesn't work is because he doesn't have to. He can just sit around all day and let his wishes do the work for him.

14. - Top - End - #554

Aw, thanks, but I was here for the popcorn.

Anyway. Congrats to the minions! A well-deserved win. I enjoyed myself thoroughly. Thanks to smashbro for narrating. Good effort by team good, even if we lost in the end. I'll admit, this game is a lot easier for me in the slightly more emotionally tense setting of a tabletop game. I rely a lot on personal reads, which you can't really get here. Oh well, I have things to work on for next time.
    Only point of irritation for me personally, unrelated to the game: My tally for generic good is now something like TWENTY, with ONE generic evil, ONCE. I have never been Merlin, Percival, or any of the special evil roles. I'm not asking for much. Not really. Just... once...
    I think my reads were... okay. Jojo and Eloel were both right, but I think that they were (no offence) slightly easier reads. Jojo and Eloel throwing Eonas under threw me off his trail more than slightly. Legato was pretty quiet, I didn't have any sort of read there. I think that throwing Eonas under the bus when under so much suspicion was a good call for the potential redeeming value, even if it only sort of worked. I was thoroughly convinced Eonas was good, so- good job Eonas. Except for the part where you helped murder Merlin. I don't approve of that so much. Same to the rest of you
    As far as Oberon goes, I really don't know much. I've only played using him a few times, mostly with inexperienced players, so I don't know the strategy there very well. I don't know if I would play Oberon in that style. I think that Oberon SHOULD signal himself, but subtly. The withholding of information really was very suspicious. I think, personally, that calling Troll as evil would have been the right move if not for the initial indecision. I don't think that a Loyalist should be calling a Loyalist as a minion to obfuscate Oberon- that strikes me as a singularly BAD strategy, as well as suspicious. It really seems to hurt the loyalists more overall for minimal gain. I can't really speak very well on the subject: I'm more used to small games where the minions have a hard enough time without Oberon, so he doesn't get used much in my games. Ah well.

Show

15. - Top - End - #555

Great game, well played everyone.

Jojo and Eloel were both right, but I think that they were (no offence) slightly easier reads.
    None taken. What gave me away? This was my second game, trying to learn.

Jojo and Eloel throwing Eonas under threw me off his trail more than slightly. I think that throwing Eonas under the bus when under so much suspicion was a good call for the potential redeeming value, even if it only sort of worked.
    At least that worked.

I don't think that a Loyalist should be calling a Loyalist as a minion to obfuscate Oberon- that strikes me as a singularly BAD strategy, as well as suspicious. It really seems to hurt the loyalists more overall for minimal gain.
    It can be valid if the Loyalist's have a solid team available, when the cost to the loyalists is smaller. I think.

On oberon outing himself, I'm pretty sure he wants to do it by being the 1 person to fail a mission, telling the minions oberon is in the set of those involved, while only telling the loyalists a minion was in that set.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ogre in the Playground

Good game well played everybody.

In retrospect, I should have voted Accept on the second me+Troll+Tanar+The Other One team, but I was afraid of breaking character. Oh well, a win's a win.

Thanks for the game all, especially smashbro!

I think you were kind of obvious because of how violently and tenaciously you were attacking me, in part. Especially since I was looking pretty loyal.
    This is the end. Unless, possibly, it isn't.

17. - Top - End - #557

Quote Originally Posted by jojolagger View Post
    What gave me away? This was my second game, trying to learn.
    I quietly hate you for having a two-for-two minion record to my twenty for twenty one generic loyalist record.
    I kind of agree with Eonas, you were quite aggressive in a way that loyalists rarely are. The fact that you were supported by Eloel, who was under a LOT of suspicion, didn't help you much. Once Eloel started attacking Eonas, I would personally have changed my tune to not look suspicious by association. Overall I'll admit to a lot of gut instinct on you. I think that you made the right play with Eonas, because even if you seemed more suspicious for it, he seemed less suspicious for it too.

Show

18. - Top - End - #558

BardGuy

Default Re: Avalon: Somerset

Quote Originally Posted by axl View Post
    To the loyal knight among Jojolagger/Eonas/Eloel,
    I invite you to closely examine the 3 others (yes, including me) in Mission 2. Investigate their actions throughout this game and try to deduce who is Oberon and who is the other minion. Hopefully we can both come to the same conclusion.
    Definitely the quote of the game for me, was really interested in where the game would go. But yeah, definitely well played everyone, glad you enjoyed it.

To those who are interested in Citizen-Nij's game, I look forward to playing with you! To anyone else, if there is interest I'm willing to run another game while Nij's game runs, help someone else run a game, or play in someone else's game. Just let me know if there is interest in any of those. I won't be able to do much of anything until Sunday though, as I'll be away from my computer for a while.

- - - Updated - - -

It looks like you have until Midday Friday to join Nij's game. Head on over if you want to join!

19. - Top - End - #559

Default Re: Avalon: Somerset

Quote Originally Posted by smashbro View Post
    To those who are interested in Citizen-Nij's game, I look forward to playing with you!
    Right back at you.

To anyone else, if there is interest I'm willing to run another game while Nij's game runs, help someone else run a game, or play in someone else's game.
    I technically fall into both categories, but I think I'll probably run a game after Nij's is done, whenever that turns out to be. That's kind of a long term plan though, but in that event, I would appreciate your playing or assistance running.

Show

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ogre in the Playground

Any interest for playing a game of coup? I was thinking of possibly running a game for 5 to 6 players. It's by the same people who created resistance, though it plays a lot faster.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ogre in the Playground

Any interest for playing a game of coup? I was thinking of possibly running a game for 5 to 6 players. It's by the same people who created resistance, though it plays a lot faster.
    You can probably count me in. What are the differences?
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes! Totally. I'm not very interested in another game of Resistance (although I enjoyed this one), but Coup seems very fun.
    Last edited by Eonas; 2015-06-10 at 11:37 AM.
    This is the end. Unless, possibly, it isn't.

23. - Top - End - #563

Hell yes to Coup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    You can probably count me in. What are the differences?
    It's probably easier to send a link to the rules somewhere or explain the whole rules rather than the differences. The only real similarity is in the bluffing, deception, and hidden roles.

EDIT: As such, I am more than happy to explain or link to the rules.
    Last edited by Silent_Interim; 2015-06-10 at 11:51 AM.

Show

24. - Top - End - #564
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

I'd love to give a try to Coup.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Late to the party. Sorry. Travel took longer than anticipated and I had to catch-up on some things upon my return. Anyway, well played everyone and congratulations on your victory minions.

As for being a clueless loyalist for the second straight game, I already mentioned before that I like the challenge that this brings. Kept me up many nights thinking of and eliminating possible minion combinations.

Again, thank you smashbro for GM-ing. Did I already mention how much fun this was? It really was. A lot.

Good game to us team loyal. I think as a group, we did very well with regards to minion-hunting. And by the way, sorry for that lame cover-up post.

I did it because:
    1. I knew that I was not really going to be strongly considered as Merlin since it was pretty obvious for them that I was a clueless knight when I spent the first two missions grasping blindly in the dark. and,
    2. I was under the impression then that the minions were limited to only a couple of days to choose. So I wanted to distract them and make them use some of their few remaining precious hours in re-reading my posts instead of focusing their attention on more viable candidates.

None taken. What gave me away? This was my second game, trying to learn.
    Ok, again it's a unique position for me since I was with you on the double-fail quest (only loyalist as it turned out), but what gave you away to me were posts#77, 84, 97 when I re-read them after the second quest result announcement. Then post#194 sort of sealed it for me. I actually kept private notes on several game posts by everyone, and here's what I wrote regarding the aforementioned posts (again, this was written during my re-read after it was announced that the second quest was a double-fail)

jojo#77 - Looks like minion-jojo is instructing the other minion to send in a SUCCESS vote to avoid double-fail

jojo#84 - Jojo repeating his instructions to the other minion to send in SUCCESS to avoid double-fail

jojo#97 - Just in case the other minion missed his instruction the first 2 times, jojo reiterates his message to the other minion to vote SUCCEED

jojo#194 - "if I were replaced with a different not you minion from quest two". Hmmm did jojo just unintentionally slip-up and referred to himself as a minion?

Oh, and if any of you are curious, for Legato, they were posts#74 & 80 (upon re-reading after the second quest result announcement), then post#340 was the icing. This was what I wrote on my notes.

Legato#74 - Expected more resistance from Legato instead of this passive post. He is either a power-role loyalist or a minion, I think.

Legato#80 - Well I was actually expecting Legato to lead the resistance against my team like he did Troll's team in our first game. But instead, all I get is these 2 passive posts (74 & 80). Something fishy really going on with Legato.

Legato#340 - Even more than his somewhat apathetic reaction/approval to my proposed team, I think this post affirms Legato's status as a minion in this game (to me at least). There is just no way that Wight-Legato would ever declare Somerset-jojo as loyal (even unfashionably).

And for Eloel, of course it was post#153. This post really should have been enough proof that he was a minion. As a loyalist, you do not hesitate sharing the results of LotL, ever.

Eonas was the trickiest for me of course, and I only became sure of his villainy by process of elimination when all of my remaining candidates as the last minion were eliminated (Around the time the third quest was announced as a SUCCESS, then FC submitted his fourth mission team that from my POV was very pro-loyal/anti-minion).

Definitely the quote of the game for me
    Uhm, Yay?
    But seriously, After it finally hit me that Eonas was a minion, my first thought was "Oh great, I actually picked three minions to go with me on the second quest!? And then I requested them to investigate each other!? Just great!" *facepalm* *headdesk*

26. - Top - End - #566

Good game guys, you deserved the win.

The one thing I've been wondering since the minion reveals - which minion voted success on mission 2 and was it random or part of a plan?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

27. - Top - End - #567

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Good game guys, you deserved the win.

The one thing I've been wondering since the minion reveals - which minion voted success on mission 2 and was it random or part of a plan?
    Eloel.
    I think he got my 'vote success' message.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ogre in the Playground

EDIT: As such, I am more than happy to explain or link to the rules.
    Thanks, I'll take you up on that offer.

I think I'll post a thread following this weekend, but having everyone informed beforehand would be great.

Ideally, with a game like this you'd only need the narrator to give out cards and resolve disputes. The latter's unlikely with this group.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Eloel.
    I think he got my 'vote success' message.
    That is incorrect - on both accounts.

30. - Top - End - #570

Right no, it was other E-name.
    Eonas.
    My bad.