New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: [Exalted] The Restoration of the Solar Deliberative IC

White Lilac looks more relaxed now and is also smiling shyly and sipping wine.

Icon raises an eyebrow, then assures Koyo "You will embarass yourself sooner or later, my friend, it is the curse of us neophytes. Nonetheless, I grant you the privacy you wish for. Good night." He leaves Swallowflock's chambers.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

Hmmm... What tactic to go with? There's always the harsh interrogation, the haughty demand... But neither of those really came naturally to Koyo. So instead, let's try for the naive neophyte theorizing.
    "So. You seem to have had no trouble using my linguistic difficulties to get me to this point. And my hoped for secretary to get me here. So what can I offer you, Swallowflock?"
    Koyo idly twists his ring, a learned gesture meant to convey vulnerability or nervousness. Like Matthias had always said, "A wise man invents his false tells to save others the time finding the real ones."
    Chaotic Evil Orc Barbarian as my character of choice since 2002.
    Current Josiah, God of Decay Avatar by Akrim.elf
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Black Blur ™ By kpenguin Full Orc Barbarian By Qwernt

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    Keldin steps in front of her. "Good evening. I have had an interesting time since we parted company. Some soldiers were abusing people in the street, and I discovered a Solar that goes by Grand Vizir commands them. Have you heard of him?"

It takes a moment of thorough concentration for Aquerne to finish inscribing a glyph on the sheet before her. Golden motes rise and flicker above it.

"The Shadow Behind Thrones...he is one of my opponents for chairperson, and one of the most likely to secure the post. He is rich, powerful, and secretive to not use a more disparaging word. So are the rest of his Circle. His forces were given the Market District and the Southern Borough to take care of, second only to the districts the One King administers."

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

"I have always been one for new toys", she smiles with gleaming eyes and a newfound hunger in her tone.
    Last edited by emeraldstreak; 2015-03-17 at 04:53 PM.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

He smiles slightly and takes another long sip of his wine.
    "You strike me as the sort of girl who plays particularly rough with her toys."
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #276
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Is that what you think of me, Alphaeus?" she mocks giddily.
    Last edited by emeraldstreak; 2015-03-17 at 04:52 PM.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

"Alphaeus was my grandfather. And I'm not sure what I think of you yet, Swallowflock. Though you do remind me of a piece of advice I once received."
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

"And what would that be," Swallowflock inquires.
    Last edited by emeraldstreak; 2015-03-17 at 05:08 PM.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

"Never... Play, with a woman who couldn't kill you."
    Koyo can't help but laugh and takes another drink.
    "Now, how's that for an insight into the secret youth of Koyo Offendson?"
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by emeraldstreak View Post
    It takes a moment of thorough concentration for Aquerne to finish inscribing a glyph on the sheet before her. Golden motes rise and flicker above it.

"The Shadow Behind Thrones...he is one of my opponents for chairperson, and one of the most likely to secure the post. He is rich, powerful, and secretive to not use a more disparaging word. So are the rest of his Circle. His forces were given the Market District and the Southern Borough to take care of, second only to the districts the One King administers."
    "His cruelty is intolerable. I intend to gather allies and bring him to task. His brand of rule must not be allowed. The cornerstone of the new Deliberative is not what power we have, but the power we choose to deny ourselves. First, I must more suitably arm myself, mundane gear such as this is fine for seeing off bandits and the occasional demon, but it will not do for engaging armies. Are there any strongholds of the Wyld Hunt that have yet to be thoroughly searched?"
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

"By my count, there isn't enough support for our inclusion," Seven Devils Clever confides, "the pro-Sidereal supporters of Amaya are too strong to circumvent them without dealing with one of the factions demanding to trade for our votes later".

"There are persistent rumors of a Daughter of Luna in the North. At first it seemed as a wild fairytale, but the rumors mount", points out Anja Silverclaws.
    Darryl looks around a his fellow Lunars. "Thank you for your counsel. There do not seem to be near a majority of us gathered, so you may very well be right.

"Now what of this Lunar in the North. Do you think she would support the Bull or the Deliberative, should there be war. There are many times when fairy tales are reality, and I'd rather know who I stand against."
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Obscurejones View Post
    "Never... Play, with a woman who couldn't kill you."
    Koyo can't help but laugh and takes another drink.
    "Now, how's that for an insight into the secret youth of Koyo Offendson?"

"Puzzling."

"His cruelty is intolerable. I intend to gather allies and bring him to task. His brand of rule must not be allowed. The cornerstone of the new Deliberative is not what power we have, but the power we choose to deny ourselves. First, I must more suitably arm myself, mundane gear such as this is fine for seeing off bandits and the occasional demon, but it will not do for engaging armies. Are there any strongholds of the Wyld Hunt that have yet to be thoroughly searched?"

Aquerne blushes, "Geography is not my forte...the only I've heard of are the two largest: The Eye of the Hunt and the Azimuth Spire. But I can't find them on a map. It's best to ask one of the generals, the Roseblack or Jai, or Shuyana the Spymaster."

Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post
    Darryl looks around a his fellow Lunars. "Thank you for your counsel. There do not seem to be near a majority of us gathered, so you may very well be right.

"Now what of this Lunar in the North. Do you think she would support the Bull or the Deliberative, should there be war. There are many times when fairy tales are reality, and I'd rather know who I stand against."

Gerd Marrow-Easter says, "We have to find if she is real, first. But there are more pressing matters here, today. I do not want to see this city experience the horrors of famine like the capital of Haslanti, Icehome, did several years ago. This Deliberative better be forming and taking action, or we all may as well leave."

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

"Thank you. I will take up no more of your time." He leaves, and asks a servant to take him to his rooms.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Barbarian in the Playground

Before he falls asleep, Azeri kneels before the massive portrait. Although direct worship of the Empress was technically heretical, Azeri had always felt closer to his great-grandmother than to the distant majesty of Hesiesh.

Hands folded in supplication, Azeri struggles to vocalize how he feels to his absent matron. He ponders asking forgiveness, for letting the Realm fall to such a state in her absence. He ponders asking for strength, to vanquish the foes of this Deliberative at home and abroad. He considers asking for clarity, so that he might discern at a glance who is friend and who is foe.

In the end, he offers the short he prayer he liked to imagine the Empress spoke before she entered the Imperial Manse. "Let me be equal to the task before me."

With that, Cathak Azeri goes to sleep.
    Games I Run

Characters
    Othvard Noutheim, Perceptive Seeker Who Delved Too Deep (Burrowers Below)IC|OOC

15. - Top - End - #285
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yamah Saventis made small talk with the others of the Black Mandarin Table, but his mind was clearly elsewhere.

I hate politics. Too many problems, not enough glue or mallets.

While everyone else wanders off at the close of the 'party', he stands there a little longer, waiting to see if something else were to occur...

Spoiler: OOC=
    Show
    Also known as "having missed all the RP, Yamah throws himself to the DM's tender mercies for something relevant to RP, since he is pretty much by himself in a strange new place"...lol

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

@Yamah

Spoiler
    Show
    You see the return of Keldin. While no apparent wounds are visible, his gait is tired and as if he feels pain with each step. Moreover, Keldin's poncho is gone, and Yamah's tinkerer eye can't fail to notice a couple of small holes in Keldin's armor.

17. - Top - End - #287

Yamah walks over to the Solar in obvious need of armor repair and offers him a short bow.

"Would you like me to try and repair your armor? I am rather good at fixing things of that nature."

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

Keldin stops. "I...what? Oh. I wouldn't want to impose..."

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Gerd Marrow-Easter says, "We have to find if she is real, first. But there are more pressing matters here, today. I do not want to see this city experience the horrors of famine like the capital of Haslanti, Icehome, did several years ago. This Deliberative better be forming and taking action, or we all may as well leave."
    Darryl nods. "I'm sure there will be plenty of backing for the grain project, whatever they manage to come up with. I just hope someone far more adept at making things than myself can solve the problem. Is there anyone specialized in scouting or gathering information that would like to look into this Daughter of Luna in the North? After that, we've to let any skills or backing that we plan to donate be known. I'll see if I can get someone to let mine be known at the first meeting of the Deliberative."
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

"We are Lunars. All of us can scout. But I doubt spotting her will do us much good. Someone has to approach her, see through her deceptions, find the truth," Seven Devils Clever explains.

However, Darryl notices that most of the Lunars are to follow Gerd's suggestion to deal with more pressing matters first. The Haslantian hero has great renown.

Spoiler
    Show

You may try to influence them via social combat if you want to attempt sending someone to the Daughter now
    Last edited by emeraldstreak; 2015-03-17 at 11:38 PM.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Darryl smiles. "Fair enough. I trust that those of us of exceptional speed will take upon themselves to speak with the Daughter in question. Shall we determine who is fit for the task and then who shall go?"

He takes a deep breath, channeling the energies that flow within him to make this conversation count. If there is a chance this Lunar could pose a threat, better the Deliberative know now.

Spoiler: Enter Debate
    Show
    Second Wits Excellency: 4 Motes, 2 Successes, Personal Essence 20/24 Wits + Awareness: (5d10)[6][1][7][9][1](24) +2 automatic successes.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

Darryl's words are enough for the Lunars to revisit the theme. The Wiseman observes, "It stands to reason that the Daughter of Luna would attract the interest of the Chosen of Luna. If this is a dangerous trap then it will be well-devised to fool us. It is best to call on our Solar allies when seeking her."

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Darryl turns towards the Wiseman. "Thank you for your observation. Surely there will be many of the Solars willing to accompany whomever searches for the Daughter of Luna. Those who follow this inquiry will need only ask around and will find themselves with companions. If any of you are willing to ask for help, then I believe those suited to the task of debate should do so and discover the allegiances of this Daughter of Luna.

He draws upon his natural energy once more, hoping that it will be successful.

Spoiler: Attack Action!
    Show
    Performance (Speech) so it targets the gathering.
    Second Charisma Excellency 4 Motes: Personal 16/24
    2 Cha +1 Performance +3 Reputaion: (6d10)[4][2][1][7][7][4](25) +2 Successes
    Last edited by supernerd; 2015-03-18 at 01:00 AM.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

Darryl finds himself in shifting sands as the Wiseman's observation forces Seven Devils Clever to backpedal:

"The Solars most likely to go are the ones we need here in the next days when the most important votes for the Deliberative are about to be held. I have to agree with Gerd Marrow-Eater, then."

Spoiler
    Show

The Lunars are not overly moved by your eloquence so far, but a Perception+Socialize roll now may reveal something of interest

25. - Top - End - #295

Keldin stops. "I...what? Oh. I wouldn't want to impose..."
    Yamah chuckles.

"It wouldn't be an imposition in the slightest. After this afternoon, and wading through the field of yeddim manure that is the practice of politics, some honest repair work is just what I need.

Besides, no sense in walking around in armor with holes in it. That's just silly.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground

Keldin's eyes narrowed thoughtfully. "You're a craftsman. Twilight then? Come, walk with me a ways, I have a proposal that will benefit us both." He gestures down the hall.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

"Puzzling."
    With a quiet shrug of his shoulders Koyo sets down his wine.
    Spoiler
    Show
    mastery of small manners
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

Spoiler: @Koyo
    Show

Swallowflock's apparent social aggression is only a front. Her motivation in the scene is to understand Koyo.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Darryl finds himself in shifting sands as the Wiseman's observation forces Seven Devils Clever to backpedal:

"The Solars most likely to go are the ones we need here in the next days when the most important votes for the Deliberative are about to be held. I have to agree with Gerd Marrow-Eater, then."

Spoiler
    Show

The Lunars are not overly moved by your eloquence so far, but a Perception+Socialize roll now may reveal something of interest
    Darryl concedes the argument, not wishing to oppose the elders for much longer. He passes the right to speak back to Uka the Boar for him to close the meeting and then takes a few deep breaths, sticking around the site for a bit.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground

"Fair enough. Any questions you care to ask. I could swear an oath as to my honesty, you could use some magic of your own to verify my veracity, or you could simply choose to trust me. I would ask that White Lilac and Fokuf leave. I plan to put her to work tomorrow and I suspect that some of what I'll say I would prefer him not to hear."
    Spoiler
    Show