New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Exalted] The Restoration of the Solar Deliberative IC

Quote Originally Posted by Phasm View Post
    Shiori brightens at Aquerne's statement that she too studies medicine. "I see! Perhaps we can compare notes sometime." She stands up, dusting her hands. "Uka will be fine, he just needs to sleep it off. That was a mighty blow, Keldin." So many people, all trying to talk at once!

The Twilight inclines her head to Logrym, and then Azeri. "Shaman Logrym, Lord Cathak. It is a pleasure to meet you both."
    "Thank you. I regret I was forced to hurt him."

Quote Originally Posted by emeraldstreak View Post
    Aquerne brightens up, "Oh, there are many: The Roseblack leads a legion of Imperials turned to our side and looks after the Temple District. You can also find Ledaal Kes, Cathak Alkun, Nellens Poramo, Peleps Raj, and Sesus Nagezzer here. Lookshy has also sent a legion, they are currently in the Western Borough. The commanding officer of the One Kingdom for the city is a Chosen of Daana'd, General Jai, looking after the Palace District, the Port District, and the Eastern Borough. Come to think of it, all of the city except for the Market District and the Southern Borough is administered by Dragon-Blooded commanders.

Hopefully, soon all of the Realm's Dragon-Blooded will rally behind us!"
    "Lookshy is here, good. I would like to speak to their commander about sending a request to the city."

Quote Originally Posted by emeraldstreak View Post
    Finally, you reach the palace itself. Surrounded by vast parks, the twin palaces of the Scarlet Empress and the Mouth of Peace rise as a wall of spendor blocking the southern horizon. Seven jade-encrusted spires of glass and marble aim for the sky, each higher than the previous. At the ground floor, the palace begins with semi-open spaces of pillars and shades, suitable for large gatherings in the mellow climate of the Blessed Isle. One to your right currently holds many illustrious guests in what appears to be part-feast, part-debate split in many small, interchanging groups.

Straight ahead of you the marble-tiled, gold-flecked main alley ends up in a grandiose staircase leading to the main gates of the Imperial Palace. Two dragon statues frame it.

To the left, serene gardens surround an amphitheater of exquisite blue marble, giving it the appearance of a pool. As for pools, there are a few in the gardens, each with a dragon-fountain inside.

Spoiler
    Show
    presuming everyone will head to the gathering to the right; anyone not going there let me know
    Keldin sighs. "This is a rabble, hardly a way to start a government. What we need is to organize a proper gathering, so we may take necessary steps. Such as contacting the leaders of the Silver Pact, and attempting to locate more Solars. Aquerne, would it be unreasonable to ask for rooms with an adjoining office? I have a feeling the palace will be filling up quickly, and I have much to learn about the city, indeed the entire Isle. I have dealt with many headstrong, overly confident youngsters with an inflated opinion of their own abilities, and there are many long-time rivals and enemies here. Sooner or later, the sword-measuring is going to start and someone is going to hurt someone else far more than I did poor Uka. We need to give them something to do."
    Last edited by Rhyvurg; 2015-03-14 at 02:28 AM.
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

The Exalted gathering is held in a large paved circle, surrounded by marble pillars with ivy growing around them, and covered by silky shades. Warm breeze brings the aroma of flowers from the gardens with a hint of salt and sea.

Small tables with refreshments and food rest near the pillars. Unobtrusive servents in gold and green liveries change them from time to time. Just so, guards in gray-green uniforms, holding spears and shields, look more like statues than living beings. They keep an eye both to the outside and the inside of the gathering.

There are dozens of illustrious guests, and more arrive by the minute, you not the least.

A dashing young gentleman with unruly golden hair and orichalcum daiklave, accompanied by a gruff, green-haired man in a military uniform, talk to a somewhat underdressed young woman with tilted cap and dirty fingers.

A striking black-bearded figure dressed in rich clothes from a bygone age wears a hat-crown high at least a foot. He's shadowed by a man with gleaming eyes and sparking hatchets in his belt, and converses with an elderly, wisely looking man with white beard, similarly rich clothes, and an orichalcum scimitar tucked in his sash.

A man dressed all in black, with a black pearl earring, plays a guitar near the edge of the paved circle.

A fair-haired woman in white and pink gown has no less than five listeners as she gestures confidently in the center of the gathering.

Two jade armored officers talk quietly to each other, one in green armor and with long reddish hair, the other in black armor and cleanly-shaven dark face. An older woman in red jade armor joins them.

Three younglings, most likely in their late teens, sit on large gilded pillows and laugh. One is a boy, the other two comely girls.

A short, hairless young woman with alabaster skin if not for the dark spots talks to a square-jawed, muscled man in a simple outfit.

A man with half-open white shirt touches a conservatively-clad gentleman on the belly.

A figure in a brown robe calmly reads an old book.

A man in a cyan robe approaches the gathering from the gardens.

A young, straw-haired woman in a stunning, divine-looking golden mantle waves excitedly at Aquerne.

A young woman with beautiful black hair argues with a silver-haired girl with a clever smirk.

An older man enjoys a pipe while slowly conversing with a scarred, rune-painted, warrior.

A figure at least eight feet high, covered in a massive white armor inlaid with gold and silver from head to toe, towers alone at the edge, as motionless as a statue.

Spoiler
    Show
    These are the guests that catch your eye at first, but there are even more of them.
    Last edited by emeraldstreak; 2015-03-14 at 02:41 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post

"Lookshy is here, good. I would like to speak to their commander about sending a request to the city."

Keldin sighs. "This is a rabble, hardly a way to start a government. What we need is to organize a proper gathering, so we may take necessary steps. Such as contacting the leaders of the Silver Pact, and attempting to locate more Solars. Aquerne, would it be unreasonable to ask for rooms with an adjoining office? I have a feeling the palace will be filling up quickly, and I have much to learn about the city, indeed the entire Isle. I have dealt with many headstrong, overly confident youngsters with an inflated opinion of their own abilities, and there are many long-time rivals and enemies here. Sooner or later, the sword-measuring is going to start and someone is going to hurt someone else far more than I did poor Uka. We need to give them something to do."
    Aquerne answers, "I am sure you can find her in their headquarters in the West Borough."

The leaders of the Silver Pack? Aquerne says incredulously, "I personally travelled the lands inviting all righteous Exalts by the powers the Sun has gifted me. They know, the ones still living and sane, that is. Tammuz of the South and the two Elders of Halta wish us success and will send envoys, younger Lunars, but will not personally join us just yet. Lilith, Leviathan, and Raksi are presumed dead. Ma-Ha-Suchi won't join us, and even if he did, he won't be welcome unless he changes his ways. Uka is the greatest of the Lunars here, although, I personally believe our two Haslantian guests are much wiser than him", she looks at the man with the pipe and the runed warrior.

You can certainly have such accomodations, my friend. Do not think of our mission as this Isle, it is Creation itself. I count every ally in organizing the Exalted host and preventing conflicts as a blessing. We have to set the Deliberative in motion and attend to the needs of the city, the Isle, and the world. Swords must be crossed, but only in training; it's words that have to be crossed in the quest for righteousness today.
    Last edited by emeraldstreak; 2015-03-14 at 03:40 AM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

"Your optimism is truly boundless I see." Leopard smiles politely to Aquerne and nods to Koyo and Lilac. "I should probably find a room for myself as well, but I suppose that can wait. Anyone in particular we should meet?"

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofSilence View Post
    "Your optimism is truly boundless I see." Leopard smiles politely to Aquerne and nods to Koyo and Lilac. "I should probably find a room for myself as well, but I suppose that can wait. Anyone in particular we should meet?"

"Everyone", Aquerne quips and rushes to hug the woman in the golden mantle.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

"Then I must take my leave." He bows to everyone in their group in turn. "Aquerne, I will look for you later regarding my quarters." He heads for the West Borough, but internally his mind is racing. Raksi and Lilith dead? Unlikely, never underestimate the tenacity of elder Lunars.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

Keldin walks west, but as he descends to what appears to be a commercial neighborhood, his path is blocked by an artificial channel.

Spoiler
    Show

Roll Int+Survival or Larceny, in this case 3 dice, to find the shortest path to the Western Borough.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Keldin rolls his eyes. Trust the Dynasts to not build a bridge. He keeps going, looking for a way across.

Spoiler
    Show
    (3d10)[2][2][2](6)Int+Survival

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

It takes time to navigate the Market District, but eventually Keldin sets sight on a bridge.

There is a marketplace just before the bridge, and some kind of commotion is underway. Six soldiers in platemail and pointed helmets, covered with robes in golden, purple, and black, observe as one of their own is whipping a young family of shopkeepers, husband and wife, who are screaming and prone in the middle of the street. Many more citizens watch horrified, but dare not intervene.
    Last edited by emeraldstreak; 2015-03-14 at 06:23 AM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Barbarian in the Playground

Azeri stands behind the semi-circle of Exalts he arrived with, his face returning to the default sternness that made it look like he was glaring at everyone. He had never witnessed such a huge congregation of Solars before, and their collective presence made even a lifelong Dynast feel shy.

He casts his gaze around the gathering, looking for any fellow Terrestrials, whether those who arrived alone like him, or those following Solars like Miss Glacier Lily.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception+Awareness to find fellow DBs, 2nd Awareness Excellency 2m
    (7d10)[9][2][10][5][9][7][9](51)
    Games I Run

Characters
    Othvard Noutheim, Perceptive Seeker Who Delved Too Deep (Burrowers Below)IC|OOC

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

If Keldin was annoyed when a reckless Lunar nearly crashed into him before, he is furious now. Rather than push his way through the crowd (and risk heedlessly harming someone in his urgency), he makes a superhuman leap into the center of things, taking the next lash across his own chest, ripping his beggar-like poncho and revealing the very well-made armor beneath. "Lay down your weapons, AT ONCE! How DARE you beat these people!? You have five seconds to explain, before I tie you all together and THROW YOU INTO THE SEA! There is no possible justification for this! I want your names, ALL your names, and the name of the person you report to! I will not have this, I WILL NOT TOLERATE CRUELTY! If you do not kneel right this moment, I swear by SOL INVICTUS HIMSELF I will return the pain you inflicted on this family A THOUSAND TIMES OVER!"

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Koyo looks around and finds himself stricken by the paralysis of choice. So many exalts in small a space. The power gathered here, assuming even a few of their number had refined their essence was... Considerable, to say the least. Still there must be some who he could speak to. As to finding them, perhaps it would be best to allow himself to be found instead.

Finding himself a quiet space at the edge of the gathering he pulls from his pocket a small collapsed table made of wood and canvas. With a little unfolding it becomes a tray a little ways off the ground. Next he retrieves a small dented teapot, a brazier, and a sachet of tea. Setting the brazier going he starts the tea steeping. Sitting quietly by his table he arranges enough cups on the table to make his willingness to accept guests clear. After a few moments Fokuf scrambles over with a couple of pomegranates. Offering one to White Lilac he splits the other with Koyo. They sit and eat as the tea is brewed.
    Last edited by Obscurejones; 2015-03-14 at 09:27 AM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

@Keldin

One of the foreign soldiers utters a contemptuous curse in a language you don't understand, making the rest chuckle a bit as they ready their weapons and surround the sifu. Another one, a commander perhaps, speaks to Keldin in High Realm:

"You should not challenge us. We are the law here, and we are legion. Don't interfere with the merciful punishment of these criminals."

Spoiler
    Show
    Wits+War to read the tactical situation.
    Last edited by emeraldstreak; 2015-03-14 at 10:39 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

@Azeri

You recognize two Dragon-Blooded groups. The man and the woman in jade armor, the more obvious one. The man in the white shirt and the gentleman next to him, the less so.

@Koyo

A girl in a glimmering, short, black dress and hair held high with the help of two long needles approaches with you with a smile, "What a cute little pet! What's its name?"

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

"Fokuf. Would you like some tea?"
    Reaching over to ruffle the monkey's hair Koyo makes use of a single of his familiar's motes, throwing out his senses to acquire a quick understanding of the girl.
    Spoiler: Minor question and charm use
    Show
    Mastery of Small manners, and safe to say we're speaking Old Realm?
    Chaotic Evil Orc Barbarian as my character of choice since 2002.
    Current Josiah, God of Decay Avatar by Akrim.elf
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Black Blur ™ By kpenguin Full Orc Barbarian By Qwernt

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh no, little man. It is my mercy that matters here, not yours." With a vicious uppercut, he sends the whip-wielder into the air and into the canal many yards away. As the punch connects, sunlight bursts forth from his brow. "This will not be the first time a lesson had to be hammered home. The abuse of the weak by those that deem themselves strong is over, for true strength has returned to the Isle."

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Obscurejones View Post
    "Fokuf. Would you like some tea?"
    Reaching over to ruffle the monkey's hair Koyo makes use of a single of his familiar's motes, throwing out his senses to acquire a quick understanding of the girl.
    Spoiler: Minor question and charm use
    Show
    Mastery of Small manners, and safe to say we're speaking Old Realm?
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Realm is the preferred language at the gathering, however most of the attending guests speak enough languages to find one you do, in case you don't speak Old Realm.

"Oh, but I meant the girl, not the monkey!" the girl and an approaching friend of hers laugh.

Please excuse them, they can be silly this way. It's the trio you previously saw sitting on the gilded pillows. The young man introduces himself, "My name is Icon, master inventor at your service. These two rascals are Lip Gloss and Brain-Like-Feathers, from the Kolo Isle".

The girls giggle again in protest, "We are not named like that! And we aren't from Kolo Isle!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Mastery of Small Manners info incoming via PM in a bit
    Last edited by emeraldstreak; 2015-03-14 at 10:59 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

*snip snip*
    Last edited by emeraldstreak; 2015-03-14 at 12:45 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

"Ah... Well the girl is White Lilac. We met at the docks. I'm planning to hire her on as a secretary as soon as we share a common language."
    As the tea gently whistles he removes it from the heat and pours two cups. The first he hands to White Lilac and the second he sets in front of himself. Fokuf nudges him and he laughs softly and pours a cup for each of his guests.
    "I am Koyo Alphaeus Offendson. A pleasure to meet you Icon."
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

Spoiler: Join Battle
    Show

(13d10)[10][10][1][3][2][7][6][3][5][2][3][10][2](64)
    (13d10)[4][6][3][6][3][1][2][6][10][6][7][2][5](61)
    (13d10)[2][3][4][10][8][4][10][8][6][1][5][2][4](67)
    (13d10)[10][3][6][9][4][9][5][7][5][7][7][6][3](81)
    (10d10)[7][2][9][9][6][1][1][10][10][8](63)
    (10d10)[3][10][6][9][10][1][10][3][10][2](64)
    (10d10)[9][8][6][8][2][3][2][9][10][8](65)

Results: One soldier acts on tick 0. One on tick 1. Two on tick 2. Two on tick 3. The last one acts on tick 6 with Keldin.

The bystanders back away from the fight. Crates, tables, and goods litter the marketplace, but overall it is an open space with one side bordering the bridge and the channel, and the other three bordering shops and residences separated by three streets. At present Keldin is surrounded.

"Don't kill him", their officer commands, "The Zamorin would want to question him".

The first soldier probes the sifu's defenses with a lightning-fast jab of his shortspear.

Spoiler
    Show

Tick 0. Attack boosted by heroic mortal stunt and Valor channel. Total accuracy pool 24 dice. What defenses does Keldin declare?
    Last edited by emeraldstreak; 2015-03-14 at 11:41 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Leopard shrugs and heads over to one of the tables of refreshments, taking a small cup of tea from it and casting his eyes over the group. Quite a few. And Leopard knew none of them. Ah well, that needed to change sooner or later. For now though, Leopard takes a seat slightly apart from any of the major groups, removing his cloak and drawing a small piece of soft fabric from his belt to clean some of the wear of travel from his shield and bracers.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofSilence View Post
    Leopard shrugs and heads over to one of the tables of refreshments, taking a small cup of tea from it and casting his eyes over the group. Quite a few. And Leopard knew none of them. Ah well, that needed to change sooner or later. For now though, Leopard takes a seat slightly apart from any of the major groups, removing his cloak and drawing a small piece of soft fabric from his belt to clean some of the wear of travel from his shield and bracers.
    Leopard knows the man approaching from the gardens, the Cyan Sifu.
    Last edited by emeraldstreak; 2015-03-14 at 11:53 AM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Logrym also goes to a table of refreshments, but doesn't care much about "small". He simply grabs as much as he can in one big hand like popcorn and starts throwing them at his mouth.

Meanwhile he looks around for anyone who was in the attack on Malfeas. And lets his eyes linger on some of the pretty Exalts around.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Obscurejones View Post
    "Ah... Well the girl is White Lilac. We met at the docks. I'm planning to hire her on as a secretary as soon as we share a common language."
    As the tea gently whistles he removes it from the heat and pours two cups. The first he hands to White Lilac and the second he sets in front of himself. Fokuf nudges him and he laughs softly and pours a cup for each of his guests.
    "I am Koyo Alphaeus Offendson. A pleasure to meet you Icon."

The girls turn their attention to Fokuf, seemingly enchanted. Icon enquires, "What is your first impression of the Exalted gathering, Koyo? And is this man in the Hellstrider your friend?"

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Keldin will be using Second Martial Arts Excellency and Break the Storm, activated in step 2, to counterattack in step 6. Every success I get takes one of his away, and I roll my damage, if I hit, in step 9 as normal for a counterattack.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

"A combination of fear and hope, I suppose. This much power in so small a space. We could unmake creation with a concerted effort. But, by that same token so much potential here. I have ideas but I'm afraid I'm something of a neophyte. I came here hoping I could meet others with the power to do the good that I cannot yet bring about. It would seem that my hopes were answered."
    Fokuf preens for a moment, happy to show off for the girls. Koyo chuckles at his companion before reaching over and tapping Fokuf on the shoulder. Once he has his familiar's attention he points to the massive white and gold armored fellow in the corner and gives a curt nod. Fokuf dutifully pours a cup of tea and runs it over, presenting it to the armored figure. While that is being done Koyo turns his attention back to Icon.
    "As for the fellow with the Infernal warstrider, I can't say we've met before today. Seems a nice enough chap, if a little... Boisterous."
    Last edited by Obscurejones; 2015-03-14 at 12:10 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DukeGod View Post
    Logrym also goes to a table of refreshments, but doesn't care much about "small". He simply grabs as much as he can in one big hand like popcorn and starts throwing them at his mouth.

Meanwhile he looks around for anyone who was in the attack on Malfeas. And lets his eyes linger on some of the pretty Exalts around.
    Spoiler
    Show
    While the Hellstrider barely fits under the canopy, it's probably best to leave it outside the pillars. Up to you.

Other than Aquerne and Uka, Logrym notices the Roseblack and General Jai in jade armor, Shuyana the Spymaster of the One King, unkempt as usual, Aquerne's circlemate Peleps Garei reading a book, Seven Devils Clever arguing with a young woman with a fiery demeanor, Peleps Raj in need to button up his white shirt, and Demetheus as strong as ever.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Keldin will be using Second Martial Arts Excellency and Break the Storm, activated in step 2, to counterattack in step 6. Every success I get takes one of his away, and I roll my damage, if I hit, in step 9 as normal for a counterattack.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Need you to declare total expenditure for the Second Excellency (presuming it is via Flow) and whether you spend peripheral/personal on the excellency and Break the Storm.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

The girl in the glimmering black dress sighs, "They will be over you in no time, Alphaeus...the moment the pack leaders mark you as an unexperienced youngling they will bite you and tug you in every direction. Maybe we are better off pretending we are our own thing, raising our own candidate to lead the Deliberative!"

The giant figure takes the tea from Fokuf and tells it, "I never thought I'd meet another person with an appreciation for such familiars."

Then he approaches Koyo's table. Half of the Exalts stop and watch in disbelief. Icon's eyes widen in unbound curiosity and the girls gasp almost in fear.

Taking a closer look now, Koyo notices the massive armor is pure platinum with etched patterns of moonsilver and orichalcum. The orichalcum is most dense at the hands and the wrists, and glowing runes of pure power hover above it there. The armor is seamless, there isn't even the tiniest crack in it, other than a slit at the mouth. The eyes are covered by thick blue lens.

"Greetings. Sergeant Sohoron at your service", the voice is deep and metallic, and yet somehow velvet-y, "May I inquire the exact species of your familiar?"

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

The Cyan Sifu, aptly dressed in a cyan robe, politely nods at Leopard before checking on Uka. The Lunar is slowly regaining consciousness.

Meanwhile, a man in a violet coat Leopard didn't notice before joins him at the table and says, "The city is full of hungry souls and we feast. Isn't that troubling?"
    Last edited by emeraldstreak; 2015-03-14 at 12:51 PM.