New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Banned

Default Re: Puzzle and Dragons 11: Romancing the Stone

Yeah, that's a totally different extrapolation. Raphael is the real boss because coming from [archangel] into raphael and being smacked with a OHKO is worse in a lot of ways than just stalking through Sandalphon until you can blitz the last of his health. It has nothing to do with contingency on actives and everything to do with him just presenting as a more ominous and immediate threat. Sandy is just hits you often and sometimes binds. Raphael is You Die.

Godfest announcement! Maybe late to the party here but I don't think I am...

Day one is demons and three kingdoms. Day two is archangels 1 & 2. I'm probably going to roll on day 1, nothing on day 2. Only Michael, maybe lucifer, and B/L archangel interest me, compared to astaroth, Amon, lucifer, DQXQ, Sun Quan, Lieu Bei and maybe Lu Bu.

Watch as I pull an odin

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Bugbear in the Playground

Technical question - do any iOS users have trouble updating? My pad says update available, but when I press update, it asks for my password three times and then goes back to saying update available. This is by searching up pad in the app store and going into the app description, not directly from the updates page, which was already bugged previously. Anyone know how to fix?

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Yeah, that's a totally different extrapolation. Raphael is the real boss because coming from [archangel] into raphael and being smacked with a OHKO is worse in a lot of ways than just stalking through Sandalphon until you can blitz the last of his health. It has nothing to do with contingency on actives and everything to do with him just presenting as a more ominous and immediate threat. Sandy is just hits you often and sometimes binds. Raphael is You Die.
    Name one reasonably built non-dark non-tank (the two things Raph is made to counter) team that has an easier time with Raph than Sandy, assuming you don't suck at stalling but you suck at killing [archangel], so you only have the use of 4 out of your 6 actives.

Few teams can't do 2.6 mil in 5 turns going all out. Not many can heal 11k/turn.

By your logic CDD is the real boss of Herais (81k), Gigas is for Athena (100k), Belial for Beelz (126k), Hades and Leviathan for HeraB (178k, 102k - though their persistent debuff does push them up in threat), THD in HeraS (65k), dragon seed/plant/flower/fruit in trifruits (millions), as well as anywhere those pair of troll ogres show up (99% gravity followed by a punch). These are just anti grind mechanics - no one thinks the real boss is the one with the most potential damage. Again, Raph is easier than Sandy unless you make it hard for yourself on purpose by not using actives. Be honest to yourself, if you were free with using your skills, would Raph be hard at all? Choosing to limit yourself for only one side makes for unfair (and useless) comparisons.
    Last edited by Jasmine; 2015-04-16 at 05:51 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Ettin in the Playground

Day one is demons and three kingdoms. Day two is archangels 1 & 2. I'm probably going to roll on day 1, nothing on day 2. Only Michael, maybe lucifer, and B/L archangel interest me, compared to astaroth, Amon, lucifer, DQXQ, Sun Quan, Lieu Bei and maybe Lu Bu.
    I've actually not played in over a week now, but I might hop on during day 2 of the godfest to use the stones I've been stockpiling in the hopes of a Raphael. That could make a momentous difference to my Lmeta team in certain situations(and a lot more if I got him skilled-up)

Edit: So, the stats for the new descend boss(the one that SiuiS thinks is so dreamy) have been revealed, and I have to say...what a joke. 5x attack when a moonlight and earth light carbuncle on the team. Having those two monsters on the team would negate the advantage of having 5x attack!
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2015-04-16 at 06:02 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Otravyat View Post
    Have fun with Zhao Yun. After yesterday I'm hoping to never run it again (except that I need to get the stone eventually). I was a bit justified though, took a look at some U&Y threads today and had several rank that dungeon as the hardest non-rush descend for U&Y teams.
    Thanks. That dungeon is still rough for me, I run Kali for it and often have to play around with activating her under a Darkness board. I've gotten better at it, but by no means am I any kind of expert, and I still fail often enough to be frustrating. Should be okay, though.
    Pokemon friend code : 3067-5701-8746

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

Padherders for my phone and my tablet!

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Titan in the Playground

Jasmine: sign out of the iTunes Store (in settings > iTunes and App Store), then restart your phone, sign back in, and try again.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Welp, just failed twice at Zhao Yun in Challenge. Did they increase Divinegon's HP? That guy just soaked a two Light TPA Kali activation (barely) and followed up with an inconvenient bind. That should have been at least 2.5 million damage, and normally he only has 2 million or so HP. Disgusting.
    Pokemon friend code : 3067-5701-8746

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

Padherders for my phone and my tablet!

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    Name one reasonably built non-dark non-tank (the two things Raph is made to counter) team that has an easier time with Raph than Sandy, assuming you don't suck at stalling but you suck at killing [archangel], so you only have the use of 4 out of your 6 actives.

Few teams can't do 2.6 mil in 5 turns going all out. Not many can heal 11k/turn.
    Again, Raph is easier than Sandy unless you make it hard for yourself on purpose by not using actives. Be honest to yourself, if you were free with using your skills, would Raph be hard at all? Choosing to limit yourself for only one side makes for unfair (and useless) comparisons.
    This is getting very zen. Is the boss the one you use all your actives on, or is the one on whom you use all your actives the boss?

Raph is a team composition challenge, much Neptune used to be on Hera. If you have the right team, you can get him without too much trouble. If you don't, he's nearly impossible. If you have a rainbow team like me, he's a potentially substantial challenge if you have a full dark monster on your team, since it's entirely possible he'll heal back all (or almost all) of what you deal out. This means - even if he's not the 'boss' - he's the single most important stage to consider when getting your team assembled.

It reminds me of the events in the Age of Legends - a year and a half ago - when lots of folks considered the Chimeras the 'real boss' of Zeus Descended. And I don't think they were really wrong.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Titan in the Playground

Unrelated long shot: are any of you good with javascript? I have a problem

Spoiler
    Show
    Given:

Code:
    <table bgcolor=000000 width=240 style="color:white"><tr><td align=center colspan=3><b>Top Eleven</b><font style="font-size:12px"><br>Days until Ranking reset: <b>11</b></font></td></tr><tr bgcolor=006600><td>&nbsp;#1&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;Kgummy&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;+312&nbsp;</td></tr><tr bgcolor=660000><td>&nbsp;#2&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;Lokey&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;+217&nbsp;</td></tr><tr bgcolor=006666><td>&nbsp;#3&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;Shishou&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;+215&nbsp;</td></tr><tr bgcolor=006600><td>&nbsp;#4&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;Reo&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;+191&nbsp;</td></tr><tr bgcolor=000066><td>&nbsp;#5&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;Fax&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;+174&nbsp;</td></tr><tr bgcolor=006666><td>&nbsp;#6&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;HakumeiJin&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;+164&nbsp;</td></tr><tr bgcolor=006600><td>&nbsp;#7&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;JayZJay&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;+158&nbsp;</td></tr><tr bgcolor=660000><td>&nbsp;#8&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;Velen&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;+139&nbsp;</td></tr><tr bgcolor=006666><td>&nbsp;#9&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;Kerish&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;+135&nbsp;</td></tr><tr bgcolor=006600><td>&nbsp;#10&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;Gauss&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;+129&nbsp;</td></tr><tr bgcolor=660000><td>&nbsp;#11&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;Xenos&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;+127&nbsp;</td></tr><tr><td align=center style="fohttps://jsfiddle.net/#runnt-size:12px" colspan=3><b>Top Players get Free T1-T3 Tickets!</b><br>Aim for the top!</td></tr></table><br><table width=240 style="border:1px solid black;color:white" bgcolor=FF0000>
    why doesn't

Code:
    var player = "Fax";
    var playerScoreMatch = player+'&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;\\+\(\[\\d\]\+\)';
    var re = new RegExp(playerScoreMatch, "g");
    var scoreCapture = re;
    var playerScore = ParseInt(scoreCapture[1]);
    return the score related to "Fax"?

I'd use a regular ol' regex but it needs to vary according to who's using the script, and the player's name is captured earlier in the script via:

Code:
    var player = document.getElementsByName("player")[1].value;
    Relevant JSFiddle, for interested parties: https://jsfiddle.net/wt8ne51k/2/

Last edited by Fax Celestis; 2015-04-16 at 11:08 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Ettin in the Playground

So what does everyone think of Medjedra?

It doesn't look too bad, even if you get skill-locked. I could fairly easily make a skill-bind resistant team.
    Osiris is going to make most attribute combo leaders have a hard time. I do have Vishnu or Sarasvati to overwrite it, but Vishnu is fresh out of the machine, Sarasvati is at least leveled but only one awakening. And only helps if I do the skill-bind resist team.

I'm wondering if a Bastet team would be the trick? Complete freedom of sub choice and it isn't going to be hurt nearly as much by the skyfall skill, nor Isis's full board swap, nor the multiple orb changes throughout. Shouldn't be hard to keep a lot of RCV on the team to make it through the leader swaps if it gets someone that isn't great. And without anything with too many HPs the 16x should be enough.

Descend Challenges are really getting to me. I haven't been able to clear any of them after Noah. I know I should be able to do Sandy and I've tried it a bunch but it just keeps taking me down. Most of the time it is Raphael that got me. I've only managed to make it to Sandy once and forgot about his birdcage of confinement and went down.

Didn't actually try the Zeus ones, didn't do the normal ones so I don't really know how they would go. Zhao Yun and Sopdet and Thoth I've tried a few times and haven't manage to make it to the bosses there yet either.

No idea what is going on. It isn't even like I've been living on RSonia lately, most of my time has been on Horus and Athena. I've been flubbing way too many combos lately.

Tablet also seems to be completely dead. I was able to get it to boot up before by opening it and unplugging the battery for a bit but that isn't doing anything anymore.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    So what does everyone think of Medjedra?

It doesn't look too bad, even if you get skill-locked. I could fairly easily make a skill-bind resistant team.
    Osiris is going to make most attribute combo leaders have a hard time. I do have Vishnu or Sarasvati to overwrite it, but Vishnu is fresh out of the machine, Sarasvati is at least leveled but only one awakening. And only helps if I do the skill-bind resist team.

I'm wondering if a Bastet team would be the trick? Complete freedom of sub choice and it isn't going to be hurt nearly as much by the skyfall skill, nor Isis's full board swap, nor the multiple orb changes throughout. Shouldn't be hard to keep a lot of RCV on the team to make it through the leader swaps if it gets someone that isn't great. And without anything with too many HPs the 16x should be enough.
    Yeah. Plus Bastet comes with a skill lock resist, so bookending her gives you 40% right there.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Banned

Technical question - do any iOS users have trouble updating? My pad says update available, but when I press update, it asks for my password three times and then goes back to saying update available. This is by searching up pad in the app store and going into the app description, not directly from the updates page, which was already bugged previously. Anyone know how to fix?
    That happened once, but I somehow fixed it. I think I just turned off my phone and turned it back on though.

By your logic
    There's no logic in extrapolating a specific statement based on the details of a situation into a purposefully wrong generalized rule. 2+2=4, but only an idiot would think that saying that means you also believe 3+3=4 and 72+9=4, becauE that's how the first one went.

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    I've actually not played in over a week now, but I might hop on during day 2 of the godfest to use the stones I've been stockpiling in the hopes of a Raphael. That could make a momentous difference to my Lmeta team in certain situations(and a lot more if I got him skilled-up)
    Hee. That's true, raph is pretty amazing when he fits and pushes generic farming Metatron forward, with better damage and enough on type row enhances To make rows useful for the chick.

I've got both Gabriel and raphael already, so there's not much more for me in that half of the godfest. But there's a lot that could be useful to you, and that's what I'm interested in – who's rolling when, and why.

Edit: So, the stats for the new descend boss(the one that SiuiS thinks is so dreamy) have been revealed, and I have to say...what a joke. 5x attack when a moonlight and earth light carbuncle on the team. Having those two monsters on the team would negate the advantage of having 5x attack!
    Hahaha for real?! I gotta check this guy out, that's amazing and sad!

5x? Maybe they really are wrapping up the new content? Giving folks an easy access easy activation lead and calling it even?

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    Unrelated long shot: are any of you good with javascript? I have a problem

Spoiler
    Show
    Given:

Code:
    <table bgcolor=000000 width=240 style="color:white"><tr><td align=center colspan=3><b>Top Eleven</b><font style="font-size:12px"><br>Days until Ranking reset: <b>11</b></font></td></tr><tr bgcolor=006600><td>&nbsp;#1&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;Kgummy&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;+312&nbsp;</td></tr><tr bgcolor=660000><td>&nbsp;#2&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;Lokey&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;+217&nbsp;</td></tr><tr bgcolor=006666><td>&nbsp;#3&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;Shishou&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;+215&nbsp;</td></tr><tr bgcolor=006600><td>&nbsp;#4&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;Reo&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;+191&nbsp;</td></tr><tr bgcolor=000066><td>&nbsp;#5&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;Fax&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;+174&nbsp;</td></tr><tr bgcolor=006666><td>&nbsp;#6&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;HakumeiJin&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;+164&nbsp;</td></tr><tr bgcolor=006600><td>&nbsp;#7&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;JayZJay&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;+158&nbsp;</td></tr><tr bgcolor=660000><td>&nbsp;#8&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;Velen&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;+139&nbsp;</td></tr><tr bgcolor=006666><td>&nbsp;#9&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;Kerish&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;+135&nbsp;</td></tr><tr bgcolor=006600><td>&nbsp;#10&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;Gauss&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;+129&nbsp;</td></tr><tr bgcolor=660000><td>&nbsp;#11&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;Xenos&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;+127&nbsp;</td></tr><tr><td align=center style="fohttps://jsfiddle.net/#runnt-size:12px" colspan=3><b>Top Players get Free T1-T3 Tickets!</b><br>Aim for the top!</td></tr></table><br><table width=240 style="border:1px solid black;color:white" bgcolor=FF0000>
    why doesn't

Code:
    var player = "Fax";
    var scoreCapture = re;
    return the score related to "Fax"?

I'd use a regular ol' regex but it needs to vary according to who's using the script, and the player's name is captured earlier in the script via:

Code:
    var player = document.getElementsByName("player")[1].value;
    Relevant JSFiddle, for interested parties: https://jsfiddle.net/wt8ne51k/2/

Spoiler: Off topic
    Show
    I'll preface this by mentioning that I hate JS and avoid it where possible, so I could well be entirely wrong, but I don't think you can assign a function to a variable like this in JS.
    Code:
    var scoreCapture = re;
    That ought to just give you an empty integer value, since the RegExp object is not an array and doesn't have a [1]. If I'm understanding your intentions with that replace correctly, what you'd want to do instead is something like this, with the $1 being a backreference that grabs element [1] from the array returned by the regex match. (That's how it works in PHP, at least, and the syntax in JS seems to be the same for regexes.)
    Code:
    var player = "Fax";

document.body.innerHTML = document.body.innerHTML.replace(re, $1);

Godfest doesn't look bad, but I just rolled a bunch on the last one. I'll maybe roll once more on the Archangel day on the tablet, just for a last shot at Famiel.

Challenge Descended progress is, well, good and bad. I have all the Mythicals cleared except for Zeus Vulcan on the phone (might happen if I can get to Zeus again and get more than six light orbs this time), and Zhao Yun on the tablet. Which I have attempted probably close to ten times with U&Y, an all-healer, no-dark DQXQ team, and even once with Athena (didn't get past Divinegon), and about the closest I got was knocking ZY under 30% while trying to stall to get SQ back up and going boom. I really hate that dungeon.
    Last edited by Sallera; 2015-04-16 at 01:57 PM.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Titan in the Playground

1/4 on invades on Athena, which translates to 0 Leilan skillups
    I was gonna say that you're dead to me as an ally, but then your Valkyrie Rose 1-shot Ignis at the end of Hyperion Lava Flow, which I was stuck on due to my all wood team, so...you're the best! THE BEST! *Hugs*
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Titan in the Playground

Woo! I finally got enough teamscore to make my Verdandi actually viable! Verdandi//Mid Green Ninja/Samurai Ice Ogre/Queen Echidna/Dub-Myth

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quietus View Post
    Welp, just failed twice at Zhao Yun in Challenge. Did they increase Divinegon's HP? That guy just soaked a two Light TPA Kali activation (barely) and followed up with an inconvenient bind. That should have been at least 2.5 million damage, and normally he only has 2 million or so HP. Disgusting.
    I know I been MIA for a while. In processing to alaska takes way too much time...

So I haven't died yet in the challenge dungeons. I did have to stall 13 turns on the Egyptian dreamy gods...

Zhao Yun, use your verdandi team with gzl. Its 80% skill lock resist, and be free with Using your skills. Use max skilled verdandi active early and it will be back before the boss. I used it for full heal after the -99% HP.

I made it to chaper 20 in Terra battle and finished upgrading my main team to all their classes! Lawl

With the time I spent in TB... I saved up 27 stones after I got my 450 day bonus... need nothing for godfest.
    Last edited by Academia; 2015-04-16 at 02:58 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1066

Jasmine: sign out of the iTunes Store (in settings > iTunes and App Store), then restart your phone, sign back in, and try again.
    That...worked. I tried signing out, I tried turning off, but I never did both of them together. Thanks Fax.

No idea what is going on. It isn't even like I've been living on RSonia lately, most of my time has been on Horus and Athena. I've been flubbing way too many combos lately.
    Athena is arguably worse than Ronia (but at least she doesn't have to stall, so her effects are shorter per dungeon?). Every time I have to play a descend I have to remind myself "hey, no more making <2 combos a turn". Even worse after 5x techs - I made 2 combos a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I was gonna say that you're dead to me as an ally, but then your Valkyrie Rose 1-shot Ignis at the end of Hyperion Lava Flow, which I was stuck on due to my all wood team, so...you're the best! THE BEST! *Hugs*
    If you want to farm Ifrit like some guides tell you to do and also want to maintain a green team, a green/blue ult evo ogre active will kill him for you, until you can manage to do it with combos.

Quote Originally Posted by obryn View Post
    If you have a rainbow team like me, he's a potentially substantial challenge if you have a full dark monster on your team, since it's entirely possible he'll heal back all (or almost all) of what you deal out.
    That should only happen if you have 2 darks or twice the dark orbs. Remember to put the absorbed elements as far to the left of your team as you can! If your second to last ping is a dark, Ra's 10% light subattribute probably isn't going to be enough. Game doesn't remember negative numbers, so if you have the guy with 1 mil hp, do 2 mil damage, heal him for 100k, then hit him for 50k, he ends up with 50k, not -950k. (I assume you know all of that, but Otra didn't, so reminding you just in case it helps )
    Last edited by Jasmine; 2015-04-16 at 03:08 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Banned

I know someone whose ex-lady got a job by going in to apply something completely unrelated, got denied, but was called back in for their elegant JavaScript work. So you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sallera View Post
    Godfest doesn't look bad, but I just rolled a bunch on the last one. I'll maybe roll once more on the Archangel day on the tablet, just for a last shot at Famiel.
    Aye. Luckily, I've got enough free stones to make it worthwhile. Two rolls, here's hoping!

Challenge Descended progress is, well, good and bad.
    Right on!

My lack of skill is showing. I'm stuck on sandalphon still, and most dugeons I'm not even gonna try – I couldn't handle the regular versions on easy, so hard is out of the question sadly.

I think if I had a friend with a sandalphon lead which had some +s I could do it, but as it stands I've only gotten to Sandy with an archangel ult friend for double HP and Attack and —!!!

Well shoot. I could just lead unicorn and bring my friend Metatron's couldn't I? Still, any team comp that equius "Leave your strongest monster behind" is a crap team comp and makes me sad.

Oh! Unrelated, I got a skill level for Metatron! That's 1/5, maybe 1/6, right on par. So we'll see if my Bevy of other chasers matter or if she's gonna be my primary Pii sink. I would do it elsewhere, but frankly, having a max skilled Metatron has been damn useful and covered some stupid mistakes. I want that all the time XD

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    heh.

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Woo! I finally got enough teamscore to make my Verdandi actually viable! Verdandi//Mid Green Ninja/Samurai Ice Ogre/Queen Echidna/Dub-Myth
    Right on! Enjoy wiping things off the planet~

[QUOTE=Academia;19120206]
    So I haven't died yet in the challenge dungeons. I did have to stall 13 turns on the Egyptian dreamy gods...[/wuote]

Aye. Once you get to the Egyptian end bosses, You're basically set if you're patient.

I think I went three hours once because I was too stubborn to lock my phone and take a nap, and fumbled so many actives. That was an embarrassing but run. Lot of practice there recovering from dumb mistakes.

Zhao Yun needs to die in a fire though.

18. - Top - End - #1068

My lack of skill is showing. I'm stuck on sandalphon still, and most dugeons I'm not even gonna try – I couldn't handle the regular versions on easy, so hard is out of the question sadly.

I think if I had a friend with a sandalphon lead which had some +s I could do it, but as it stands I've only gotten to Sandy with an archangel ult friend for double HP and Attack and —!!!

Well shoot. I could just lead unicorn and bring my friend Metatron's couldn't I? Still, any team comp that equius "Leave your strongest monster behind" is a crap team comp and makes me sad.
    Are you looking for sandy/unicorn because you need the hp, or because of the no dupes thing? If it's just dupes, do you have any nongod Valks (or, devo your Valk temporarily, which is probably worth a pee)? Or even SQ/I&I/Bikinis. (I'm assuming you don't have enough skillboosts to bring LZL - need instant heal active) Alternatively if you want to combo you could take DQXQ, Santakuya or even just normal Kirin your colors would be covered with Echi/Lmeta/Valk anyways. L/G Bastet or Angelious if you can do combos without color limitations. Maybe LKali or U&Y but then you'd have to bring a dark. No Raph>Valk>Unicorn burst though And of course Ra is the best choice - just because you haven't rolled one doesn't mean you can't use a friends!

Raphs difficulty may be in part because you're not bringing enough damage. Lmeta/Archangel - ouch!

If you need friends.
    DQXQ: 323,816,360.
    Santakuya: 320,349,281.
    Kirin: Me
    Bastet: 392,587,209
    LKali: 357,442,208.
    Ra: Obryn

All hyper cept the Bastet, cause all the hyper bastets go dark.
    Last edited by Jasmine; 2015-04-16 at 04:00 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Banned

... I'm an idiot. Thank you, Jasmine.

The Hp buffer is preferred because 90% of the difficulty of the dungeon is "will i have enough light orbs first turn to kill one unicorn", otherwise, they almost universally shift hearts>light, keep me below my Lmeta threshold, and I get tanked.

I recently lost to Sandy himself while stalling for actives (concession there on the "damage > actives" discussion) by skyfall, but honestly if I could get that far again I would be okay. Is those damned unicorns.

Bastet, though, I'm all over bringing her.

E: I did a YOLO RUN with holy ceres. That was amazing, and really demonstrates that I need to get my sh!t together. Because getting much farther much easier just due to HP means I'm not comboing well enough. Need a stylus though, thumbs are blowing out D=
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2015-04-16 at 04:02 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ettin in the Playground

I can put up my healer Bastet if you need her. I also have Supergirl, and if you friended my GF I can have her put up a blue Valk for you (not the god ultimate but the 3x healer atk version)

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Banned

I can put up my healer Bastet if you need her. I also have Supergirl, and if you friended my GF I can have her put up a blue Valk for you (not the god ultimate but the 3x healer atk version)
    *leans in uncomfortably close*

You have super girl~? O.O

22. - Top - End - #1072

I left them out because they're rare but girl and even man are decent choices - even though man doesn't get the boost from Meta, his activation conditions are the same and he brings 2 skillboosts and a nice R/B/L orb change. Especially if you use THD too.

Also, Santakuya gives a small HP boost

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Ettin in the Playground

She is up for you. Also max level (yay for super snow globe feeding) and fully awoken. Not sure if she'll get piis or not.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sallera View Post
    Spoiler: Off topic
    Show
    I'll preface this by mentioning that I hate JS and avoid it where possible, so I could well be entirely wrong, but I don't think you can assign a function to a variable like this in JS.
    Code:
    var scoreCapture = re;
    That ought to just give you an empty integer value, since the RegExp object is not an array and doesn't have a [1]. If I'm understanding your intentions with that replace correctly, what you'd want to do instead is something like this, with the $1 being a backreference that grabs element [1] from the array returned by the regex match. (That's how it works in PHP, at least, and the syntax in JS seems to be the same for regexes.)
    Code:
    var player = "Fax";

document.body.innerHTML = document.body.innerHTML.replace(re, $1);
    Spoiler: Continued OT
    Show
    Actually ended up doing it an entirely different way:

Spoiler
    Show
    Code:
    var tx1 = /<td>&nbsp;#1&nbsp;<\/td><td>&nbsp;([\w]+)&nbsp;<\/td><td>&nbsp;\+([\d]+)/.exec(document.body.innerHTML);
    var n1 = tx1[1];
    var pl1 = parseInt(tx1[2]);

var tx2 = /<td>&nbsp;#2&nbsp;<\/td><td>&nbsp;([\w]+)&nbsp;<\/td><td>&nbsp;\+([\d]+)/.exec(document.body.innerHTML);
    var n2 = tx2[1];
    var pl2 = parseInt(tx2[2]);

var tx3 = /<td>&nbsp;#3&nbsp;<\/td><td>&nbsp;([\w]+)&nbsp;<\/td><td>&nbsp;\+([\d]+)/.exec(document.body.innerHTML);
    var n3 = tx3[1];
    var pl3 = parseInt(tx3[2]);

var tx4 = /<td>&nbsp;#4&nbsp;<\/td><td>&nbsp;([\w]+)&nbsp;<\/td><td>&nbsp;\+([\d]+)/.exec(document.body.innerHTML);
    var n4 = tx4[1];
    var pl4 = parseInt(tx4[2]);

var tx5 = /<td>&nbsp;#5&nbsp;<\/td><td>&nbsp;([\w]+)&nbsp;<\/td><td>&nbsp;\+([\d]+)/.exec(document.body.innerHTML);
    var n5 = tx5[1];
    var pl5 = parseInt(tx5[2]);

var tx6 = /<td>&nbsp;#6&nbsp;<\/td><td>&nbsp;([\w]+)&nbsp;<\/td><td>&nbsp;\+([\d]+)/.exec(document.body.innerHTML);
    var n6 = tx6[1];
    var pl6 = parseInt(tx6[2]);

var tx7 = /<td>&nbsp;#7&nbsp;<\/td><td>&nbsp;([\w]+)&nbsp;<\/td><td>&nbsp;\+([\d]+)/.exec(document.body.innerHTML);
    var n7 = tx7[1];
    var pl7 = parseInt(tx7[2]);

var tx8 = /<td>&nbsp;#8&nbsp;<\/td><td>&nbsp;([\w]+)&nbsp;<\/td><td>&nbsp;\+([\d]+)/.exec(document.body.innerHTML);
    var n8 = tx8[1];
    var pl8 = parseInt(tx8[2]);

var tx9 = /<td>&nbsp;#9&nbsp;<\/td><td>&nbsp;([\w]+)&nbsp;<\/td><td>&nbsp;\+([\d]+)/.exec(document.body.innerHTML);
    var n9 = tx9[1];
    var pl9 = parseInt(tx9[2]);

var tx10 = /<td>&nbsp;#10&nbsp;<\/td><td>&nbsp;([\w]+)&nbsp;<\/td><td>&nbsp;\+([\d]+)/.exec(document.body.innerHTML);
    var n10 = tx10[1];
    var pl10 = parseInt(tx10[2]);

var tx11 = /<td>&nbsp;#11&nbsp;<\/td><td>&nbsp;([\w]+)&nbsp;<\/td><td>&nbsp;\+([\d]+)/.exec(document.body.innerHTML);
    var n11 = tx11[1];
    var pl11 = parseInt(tx11[2]);

var nottop = (document.body.innerHTML.match(/<td>\.\./g) || []).length;
    if (nottop > 0)
    {
    var tx12 = /<td>\.\.<\/td><td>&nbsp;([\w]+)&nbsp;<\/td><td>&nbsp;\+([\d]+)/.exec(document.body.innerHTML);
    var n12 = tx12[1];
    var pl12 = parseInt(tx12[2]);
    var array1 = [n1, n2, n3, n4, n5, n6, n7, n8, n9, n10, n11, n12];
    var array2 = [pl1, pl2, pl3, pl4, pl5, pl6, pl7, pl8, pl9, pl10, pl11, pl12];
    }
    else
    {
    var array1 = [n1, n2, n3, n4, n5, n6, n7, n8, n9, n10, n11];
    var array2 = [pl1, pl2, pl3, pl4, pl5, pl6, pl7, pl8, pl9, pl10, pl11];
    }

var pos1 = array1.indexOf(player);
    var playerScore = array2.slice(pos1, pos1+1);

The TL;DR version is I pulled everything off the table, stuck the names in one ordered array, the scores in another, and then used an .indexOf() to get the position of the player's name in the list and passed that to a .slice() to pull the score out of the other array. Since I needed those variables for other stuff anyway, this was actually more expedient as it practically works with just existing data.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Banned

So medjedra looks "fun". I'm gonna end up trying this;

http://youtu.be/WXP7KC8aubM

Though I'll probably a lot in sandalphon over kin shynee, and sun Quan over echidna 2.

Iunno. Maybe figure out a bind resistant team? I should probably start actually using my perseus... No idea What kind of team to run there though, since I need both 8 contiguous wood orbs and also several combos to crack the baddie.

Or Skuld? With Skuld in tow I could slot in some healers like Lakshmi or Gabriel, to give some extra oomph to the recovery, But I'm not sure that's a good idea because Osiris. Worth a shot though? Hmm. I'll have to see if there are any Skuld teams for medjedra... And perseus. Hmm.

#Medjedra

Spoiler: video cache
    Show
    http://youtu.be/560rtiT4iUY

Last edited by SiuiS; 2015-04-16 at 07:35 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ok, so after doing some grinding I feel I'm finally getting myself a bit closer to managing harder dungeons. Not quite Descend-ready, but definitely closer.

My current team is this .

Here's what I have floating around in my box (this may be semi out of date, but the important stuff should be in there).

I've got a few things I could move around, but my team cost is a bit tight at the moment to do anything really significant. I was thinking of ditching the CDD and replacing it with Drawn Joker once I evolve my Piedrawn and get some levels into it, but I really dig the synergy between CDD & Haku. That being said, the time frame to get the CDD/Haku skills up is kind of murder, whereas Drawn Joker and Vampire takes far less time and is infinitely easier to skill up since they can both be farmed or have farmable skill up fodder. Any advice on what path to take here? I feel like I'm somehow missing something obvious and not quite doing the numbers I could be.

Another thing I could use advice on: When I get the team cost, which direction should I Uvo my Vampire? Dark Liege or Arcane Monarch? While DL gives me D/B and keeps in line with my Dark primary attributes, AM gives the extra Awoken and would be nice to have an off-colour primary to help with whittling down enemies while stalling on early floors, but at the same time it might impact my numbers if I'm not getting any blues to combo with when matching darks, and since I tend to friend with a Ronia it's not very compatible in that regard either. Ugh. Too much to consider.

Sorry for the million and one questions here, but y'all seem to know what you're doing a lot better than me, ahahaha.

All I ever wanted was to pick apart the day, put the pieces back together my way - Aesop Rock "Daylight"

My PAD Herder (it's mostly up-to-date... mostly)

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Titan in the Playground

... I'm an idiot. Thank you, Jasmine.

The Hp buffer is preferred because 90% of the difficulty of the dungeon is "will i have enough light orbs first turn to kill one unicorn", otherwise, they almost universally shift hearts>light, keep me below my Lmeta threshold, and I get tanked.

I recently lost to Sandy himself while stalling for actives (concession there on the "damage > actives" discussion) by skyfall, but honestly if I could get that far again I would be okay. Is those damned unicorns.

Bastet, though, I'm all over bringing her.

E: I did a YOLO RUN with holy ceres. That was amazing, and really demonstrates that I need to get my sh!t together. Because getting much farther much easier just due to HP means I'm not comboing well enough. Need a stylus though, thumbs are blowing out D=
    Funny story: I very recently ulted my unicorn. Unawoken and still in chibi levels, but it's there if you need it.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Banned

Is anyone else Statting up until godfest in hopefully 22 minutes? Or am I a sucker?

WOO Archdemon lucifer!
    Also apocalypse but he's not immediately useful? He's good I guess but not really my cuppa.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2015-04-17 at 02:18 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1079

Quote Originally Posted by JabberwockySupafly View Post
    Ok, so after doing some grinding I feel I'm finally getting myself a bit closer to managing harder dungeons. Not quite Descend-ready, but definitely closer.

I've got a few things I could move around, but my team cost is a bit tight at the moment to do anything really significant. I was thinking of ditching the CDD and replacing it with Drawn Joker once I evolve my Piedrawn and get some levels into it, but I really dig the synergy between CDD & Haku. That being said, the time frame to get the CDD/Haku skills up is kind of murder, whereas Drawn Joker and Vampire takes far less time and is infinitely easier to skill up since they can both be farmed or have farmable skill up fodder. Any advice on what path to take here? I feel like I'm somehow missing something obvious and not quite doing the numbers I could be.

Another thing I could use advice on: When I get the team cost, which direction should I Uvo my Vampire? Dark Liege or Arcane Monarch?
    One and a half things to keep in mind.
    1 - Ronia teams can do dungeons much earlier than other teams as long as you have basic combo skill and read up on the dungeon - as long as a dungeon doesn't 1shot you, you can do it. The flip side is that leveling up and getting good doesn't help you beat much more stuff, since you're still gated by only being able to do dungeons where they don't 1shot you.
    2 - I'm not sure whether you mean the time frame as in the skill up procedure, in which case I agree, or the stalling time needed for their skills to be available, in which case I remind you that Ronia is a very stall-y lead - you're supposed to waste a bunch of turns on any safe level to get your skills up. Stalling shouldn't be a problem for any team with RCV multipliers.

DJJD can replace CDD for dungeons where you really need the heals, depends if you need more damage or more tankiness in each scenario.

Dark/Blue will probably be better. With such a low multiplier and no activation requirements, you can snipe by just making less combos. Especially since Haku>CDD takes away the blue orbs.

Thursday is a troll - REM throws me 2 Ronias and over the last few months I've gotten 5 red/20 blue/18 green fruit. Blargh.

@Siuis if you run Athena, Apoc>Apollo>Athena or Apoc>Valk>Verche>Athena is full board (Raph can do it too but he is so slow). That's 3 mil guaranteed damage or 6 mil with an Izanagi slime. Pretty good for a farming lead.
    Spoiler: How to be a loser
    Show

Double Edit: Urghhhhh 2/33 on andromeda.
    Last edited by Jasmine; 2015-04-17 at 06:03 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Titan in the Playground

So medjedra looks "fun". I'm gonna end up trying this;

http://youtu.be/WXP7KC8aubM

Though I'll probably a lot in sandalphon over kin shynee, and sun Quan over echidna 2.

Iunno. Maybe figure out a bind resistant team? I should probably start actually using my perseus... No idea What kind of team to run there though, since I need both 8 contiguous wood orbs and also several combos to crack the baddie.

Or Skuld? With Skuld in tow I could slot in some healers like Lakshmi or Gabriel, to give some extra oomph to the recovery, But I'm not sure that's a good idea because Osiris. Worth a shot though? Hmm. I'll have to see if there are any Skuld teams for medjedra... And perseus. Hmm.

#Medjedra
    Are your spare Perseuses leveled? Because I'd absolutely use him for this dungeon; they wouldn't even need to be skilled up, since there's plenty of stall room. Something like Ult Perseus//Normal Perseus/Normal Perseus/G/D Meimei/G/L Parvati//Ult Perseus would give you skill lock immunity, plenty of heartmaking, and the ability to basically not care about Medjedra's leader swapping or Isis and Osiris's board fiddling. Stall four or five turns on the first floor, use an active on the second if you have to, then do whatever level of Perseus's LS you need on the third to kill the MMs and stall on the TamadRa for any actives that aren't up yet. Should be pretty easy from there on out.

Personally, I'll probably do something roughly similar - GZL//GZL/Ult Michael/Normal Michael/meimei//GZL. Same idea, except that I need to stall if Medjedra swaps a Michael in - and conveniently enough, he's got a stalling LS.

Double Edit: Urghhhhh 2/33 on andromeda.
    How on earth does that happen to you so consistently?
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei