New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Puzzle and Dragons 11: Romancing the Stone

Messed around with Pandora in Endless Corridors (giggity) and wow. I didn't believe the hype before but I sure do now. Pandora//Vamp/DMeta/DD Lucifer/Loki//Pandora. Needs more/faster orbchanging, so I need to skill her up and probably will pull Luci or Loki for Claire once I get around to skilling her up too. With 10 rowhances an 8 orb row match is 4x4x2.25x2. 72x. I mean the math is nothing new, I just never realized.

Hell I could put Bonia/Ronia on there, even, for stats and a burst shift.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Wow, Blue Odin just became even more of a powerhouse. As if 3 row enhance/3 Skill boost wasn't enough, now he has triple TPA. That's just....insanity. And I'll never get him, even though I've wanted him and Red Odin for sooo long now. LOL.

I wonder, just how strong of a team would you have if you had 4 Blue Odins
    Sad to say...not very. A max level/no plus team would pull about 2 mil damage for one active, which would be great if not for the fact that you ONLY have that one active. It will stall very well, but go through dungeons at a snail pace.

Contrast something like Andromeda/Hermes/Karin/Bonia/Blodin/Bonia - only 7 rows, but the highest base multiplier from Andromeda means the Bonia turn does about the same amount of damage, but guess what - You also have FOUR more orb changers to use, in exchange for a bit less RCV. Karin is up first turn to deal with orb troll as well. More effort in getting skillups, though

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    That feeling...When you pull the evo carnival many times in a effort to get Rainbow Keeper to evo your Verdandi...And finally, after many pulls, get one...And then evo Verdandi and realize she puts all your teams way, way over your cost max...
    Early game evolution isn't really worth it unless the LS changes. On this mountain of PAD, walking up the trail can often times be faster than running, slipping, and rolling backwards and injuring yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Otravyat View Post
    Jasmine, can you toss out the friend ID's that you have who put up RoDins on 5x plus egg mondays? I've only got 3 currently showing up.
    I cannot possibly condone the usage of Ronia in good conscience.
    JK. 372550225. 399817325. 395442286. 322616301. 341347317. 304852280.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietus View Post
    And both are farmable, Fafnir mostly from descends, but you'd need to do descends for jewels anyway, barring luck.

That's really what it comes down to. I love that they've made the starter dragons better, that's just fantastic to me. But wow, they made those forms inaccessible to beginners.
    That's spoiled talk there. Have you tried farming a late bloomer from a descend? You would expect to get ELEVEN jewels by the time one drops, and that's if you're farming the relevant dungeon - there's plenty where jewels are available and bloomers are not. And inaccessibility can be a good thing since it evens out the difficulty curve (you want the game to be challenging but not suddenly hit you in the face with a wall), by the time a beginner needs the superevo as opposed to the old ult evo, they've likely have rolled enough jewels from the PAL or from giveaways to do it.

Not trying to be mean, but remember perspectives (and math! that's very important too - but you have me). Someone who has easy access to bloomers has probably rolled a lot and no longer needs bloomers or starters. Someone who doesn't will find great use in the starters, and the bloomers have nothing on them due to being much harder to get, while arguably still being inferior.
    Last edited by Jasmine; 2015-04-27 at 09:00 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    That's spoiled talk there. Have you tried farming a late bloomer from a descend? You would expect to get ELEVEN jewels by the time one drops, and that's if you're farming the relevant dungeon - there's plenty where jewels are available and bloomers are not. And inaccessibility can be a good thing since it evens out the difficulty curve (you want the game to be challenging but not suddenly hit you in the face with a wall), by the time a beginner needs the superevo as opposed to the old ult evo, they've likely have rolled enough jewels from the PAL or from giveaways to do it.

Not trying to be mean, but remember perspectives (and math! that's very important too - but you have me). Someone who has easy access to bloomers has probably rolled a lot and no longer needs bloomers or starters. Someone who doesn't will find great use in the starters, and the bloomers have nothing on them due to being much harder to get, while arguably still being inferior.
    You do have a point. I've gotten multiple of each of the late bloomers, at this point, but for all my descend running, now that I think about it, only a couple each. And I wouldn't say you're being mean - we all need a little check every now and then. Thank you for that. I will say that if there's a point that they become completely irrelevant, I haven't hit it yet. There are teams that I have, where I still look at these new starters or the late bloomers and give them real consideration.
    Pokemon friend code : 3067-5701-8746

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

Padherders for my phone and my tablet!

4. - Top - End - #1324

You do have a point. I've gotten multiple of each of the late bloomers, at this point, but for all my descend running, now that I think about it, only a couple each. And I wouldn't say you're being mean - we all need a little check every now and then. Thank you for that. I will say that if there's a point that they become completely irrelevant, I haven't hit it yet. There are teams that I have, where I still look at these new starters or the late bloomers and give them real consideration.
    Need: I cannot have clear this dungeon at a reasonable rate without X.
    Want: I have 5 REM teams that are getting boring now, lets see if I can do it with a handicapped team, hmm I like X type let's try that.
    Big difference

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Titan in the Playground

The late bloomers aren't strictly inferior either. They have fairly similar stats, but while the starter ults are TPA centric, the bloomers are row centric. I just hope that Pterados and D'Spinas get similar treatment.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Need: I cannot have clear this dungeon at a reasonable rate without X.
    Want: I have 5 REM teams that are getting boring now, lets see if I can do it with a handicapped team, hmm I like X type let's try that.
    Big difference
    Well. It's not like I'm going out to make a handicapped team. It's just kind of snowballed; I want to use all these interesting different cards, and I kept rolling REM because I had a team idea I wanted a specific card for. My recent pull back from REM is the result of me realizing this and acting to reduce it. I think the next dungeons that I'm looking at are the low cost dungeons and the big rushes. I need to sort out how I'm going to speed-run them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    The late bloomers aren't strictly inferior either. They have fairly similar stats, but while the starter ults are TPA centric, the bloomers are row centric. I just hope that Pterados and D'Spinas get similar treatment.
    That's largely why I chose the late bloomers as an example. They fit a different play style, but outside of that, they are very, very similar to the starter dragons in everything except evo cost. And I'm 100% behind the hope for Pterados and D'Spinas getting this treatment, Divinegon and Tiamat need their matches.

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

7. - Top - End - #1327

I cannot possibly condone the usage of Ronia in good conscience.
    JK. 372550225. 399817325. 395442286. 322616301. 341347317. 304852280.
    I have to admit that I completely fell for this until I went to quote you.... Even when it isn't pure white I just didn't notice. Thanks for the ID's.
    Last edited by Otravyat; 2015-04-27 at 10:19 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Ettin in the Playground

I like the new Flowerdragon, and since I happened to have the evo mats laying around to get him, I went ahead and devolved my Gaia Brachys and then re-ulted him into the Howling Brachys :) Looks so much more intimidating and he has the dual TPA which actually makes him quite useful for my balanced team with Cu Chul ^^

So, what teams are capable of handling the Challenge dungeons 6-8? I keep trying 6 with my Horus team and die on the 1st or third round, and frankly even if I made it past the third I see no way of taking out round 4 ><

Did anyone else S-Rank Gleaming Dragon and not get a Tamadra? Went through with Dual DQXQ's and got 270k for score, but no Tamadra ><

Oh, another question: What's a competent, fast, near 100% success rate on clearing the Tamadra Coin dungeon? I wasted 10mil gold the other week(I think this is one of the reasons I stopped playing much), won one run, then lost two straight using my Lmeta team >< I have a pressing need for about 15-20 Tamadra right now(and those are just for essential monsters), and with the stamina overflow being a thing now, I was thinking of running the coin dungeon this weekend until I have 10mil gold and doing the Tamadra dungeon over and over afterwards(sitting on 18 stones, wouldn't mind using half of them), but I'm not going to bother if I can't get at least near a 100% success rate
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2015-04-27 at 10:42 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Titan in the Playground

2x HP lead//subs that benefit//2x HP lead. Bring poisoners on short cool downs. I use Lucifer//Swallowtail/Lilith/Lilith/Bonia//Lucifer. The tamas are practically harmless. It's the chibidra that will kill you. Luckily they have worse defense, so focus fire and take them down. Also consider packing jammer resist.

Come to think of it though I might be changing my tune. Mystic Masks have Solar Laser now. Maybe something using them?

10. - Top - End - #1330

They're not inferior once you get them, but for someone with few options (aka someone without too much REM stuff), it's MUCH easier to get a starter, even after factoring in jewels. So inferior in the 'ease of obtaining' category, which is still something to keep in mind.

I have to admit that I completely fell for this until I went to quote you.... Even when it isn't pure white I just didn't notice. Thanks for the ID's.
    Making a statement without being an ******* I hate those protesters that block up the roads.

I like the new Flowerdragon, and since I happened to have the evo mats laying around to get him, I went ahead and devolved my Gaia Brachys and then re-ulted him into the Howling Brachys :) Looks so much more intimidating and he has the dual TPA which actually makes him quite useful for my balanced team with Cu Chul ^^

So, what teams are capable of handling the Challenge dungeons 6-8? I keep trying 6 with my Horus team and die on the 1st or third round, and frankly even if I made it past the third I see no way of taking out round 4 ><

Did anyone else S-Rank Gleaming Dragon and not get a Tamadra? Went through with Dual DQXQ's and got 270k for score, but no Tamadra ><

Oh, another question: What's a competent, fast, near 100% success rate on clearing the Tamadra Coin dungeon?
    Could be decent on an AParvati team too.

I've usually done C6 with Horus and C7/C8 with Kirin. Lucifer can also do the C7's when Gold keeper isn't in that rotation.

You might have already gotten the the tama before - apparently score data is stored client side (with clear data stored server side), so if you change phones/transfer account/reset/screw with the settings you can lose all your score data.

Throw a lilith onto your Lmeta team. Lmeta active if bound, then poison2win.

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

2x HP lead//subs that benefit//2x HP lead. Bring poisoners on short cool downs. I use Lucifer//Swallowtail/Lilith/Lilith/Bonia//Lucifer. The tamas are practically harmless. It's the chibidra that will kill you. Luckily they have worse defense, so focus fire and take them down. Also consider packing jammer resist.

Come to think of it though I might be changing my tune. Mystic Masks have Solar Laser now. Maybe something using them?
    Did they start putting chibidra in Tamadra Village? Last time I bought that dungeon, I thought it was all Tamadra/baby Tamadra, with Red/Gold/Blue Tamadra at the end.

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Titan in the Playground

Oh yeah, my bad. Then the binds at the end are what will kill you, so bring two poisoners/blasters and stall enough for them to be ready.

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Ettin in the Playground

T
    I've usually done C6 with Horus and C7/C8 with Kirin. Lucifer can also do the C7's when Gold keeper isn't in that rotation.

You might have already gotten the the tama before - apparently score data is stored client side (with clear data stored server side), so if you change phones/transfer account/reset/screw with the settings you can lose all your score data.

Throw a lilith onto your Lmeta team. Lmeta active if bound, then poison2win.
    I guess my Horusing just sucks nowadays, as that's the team I've been attempting C6 with and keep dying. What kind of team set-up do you use? I went in with Vamp, GrOdin, Susano & Valk.

Hmm, I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't even think of Lilith. I even have one that's max-skilled from ever so long ago.

14. - Top - End - #1334

Making a statement without being an ******* I hate those protesters that block up the roads.
    I would rather use Goemon just to make it even less work. But my Goemon isn't skilled up at all and my Ronia is... Ironically we are actually talking about the situation where Ronia takes MORE effort.

Oh yeah, my bad. Then the binds at the end are what will kill you, so bring two poisoners/blasters and stall enough for them to be ready.
    Yep all you need is the two direct damage people. I generally just bring 4 double dark attribute people and two direct damage dark, so that I can ping as quickly as possible.

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

I guess my Horusing just sucks nowadays, as that's the team I've been attempting C6 with and keep dying. What kind of team set-up do you use? I went in with Vamp, GrOdin, Susano & Valk.

Hmm, I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't even think of Lilith. I even have one that's max-skilled from ever so long ago.
    Liliths : Always useful, forever!

I just took a quick peek at Challenge 4 and 5; I'm pretty sure my tablet cannot take Challenge 5, it'd die immediately to any pees that show up. Challenge 4 will be really difficult, but maybe possible. I'll log into it tomorrow morning before work, and play through it when I get home. Free stamina!

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Ettin in the Playground

Welp, Challenge 9 wasn't so bad with my Ra team. It looked scary, and floor 1 was chancy since I needed a pair of x49's, but DKali had my back, and after that it was basically a cakewalk. All the chinese girls are on long enough cool-downs, even a pair of x16's took them down pretty easily. (And meimei was just Ra'd to death.) Kouryou wasn't even bad at all, with Sun Quan's skill charged up in time to zap him.

Challenge 10 looks pretty lol-worthy again, though. Bubpys aren't worth throwing stones, to me.

17. - Top - End - #1337

Quote Originally Posted by obryn View Post
    Welp, Challenge 9 wasn't so bad with my Ra team. It looked scary, and floor 1 was chancy since I needed a pair of x49's, but DKali had my back, and after that it was basically a cakewalk. All the chinese girls are on long enough cool-downs, even a pair of x16's took them down pretty easily. (And meimei was just Ra'd to death.) Kouryou wasn't even bad at all, with Sun Quan's skill charged up in time to zap him.

Challenge 10 looks pretty lol-worthy again, though. Bubpys aren't worth throwing stones, to me.
    Yeah Challenge 9 is doable to me if I had ANY chance of passing the first floor. But nope.

18. - Top - End - #1338

Isn't C6 no RCV? So vamp/Valk would be useless. I just used my standard team of Echi/Herais/Kirin with valk switched out for either wonder woman or Ahades, depending on which one is closer to my finger when I'm choosing. Just need something to cover green.

I would rather use Goemon just to make it even less work. But my Goemon isn't skilled up at all and my Ronia is... Ironically we are actually talking about the situation where Ronia takes MORE effort.
    Can't wait for ult goemon to come so that you don't have to make the first turn combo anymore...two moves is way too many!

Yeah Challenge 9 is doable to me if I had ANY chance of passing the first floor. But nope.
    Same, that first wave defoud is nasty. Not happening unless I roll a Blodin before it ends. AKA not happening.

Edit: Missed the screenshot, but day 488, rank 400! 2649 total plusses.
    Edit2: Funny to realize that in the past 90 days I've only ranked up 40 times. Though it does make sense, 360->400 is 30% of the exp of 1->360, so I was actually progressing faster than usual...
    Last edited by Jasmine; 2015-04-28 at 03:31 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1339

Can't wait for ult goemon to come so that you don't have to make the first turn combo anymore...two moves is way too many!

Same, that first wave defoud is nasty. Not happening unless I roll a Blodin before it ends. AKA not happening.
    Ult Goemon is going to be absurd. 5x ROdin actives, Goemon active, move one orb anywhere, profit.

I can do Challenge 7, even with the green attribute enemies it shouldn't be too much of a problem (although it might take a few tries). Challenge 8 is the one I'm not sure about. Consecutive floors of Gabriel with his preemptive bind and no-rcv Michael will cause me problems. I need a 2x burst for Michael, in which case I have to save delay for Vulcan at the end.

Anyone see any problems with U&Y//U&Y/LMeta/Durga/Batman//U&Y, with a plan of:

Floor 1-2: Sweep

Floor 3: Get bound. With the use of LMeta's active, he won't kill me until after the bind is gone and I can kill him.

Floor 4: Immediately pop Durga/U&Y to break defense.

Floor 5-6: Sweep. Both give me multiple extra stall turns to kill them. Athena has a lot of health, but should be okay if I can get there.

Floor 7: Delay, and 5 million in 3 turns.

Possible, but need some good boards in key moments. I want my shynpy.

EDIT: Aww crap I forgot Hera-S's skill bind, which there is no chance of me resisting. I'll have to one shot (or MAYBE two shot) Vulcan.

EDIT 2: As a warning, according to pdx comments, Athena does NOT use her skip turn under 15% in this challenge, she just goes straight to Starburst.
    Last edited by Otravyat; 2015-04-28 at 01:10 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Ettin in the Playground

Problem #1 with L/W Venus:

Nobody else is running L/W Venus.

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

I did see one person running her yesterday. I'll double check that wasn't you.

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Titan in the Playground

From Reddit:

23. - Top - End - #1343

Challenge 8 Cleared.
    Spoiler: Details
    Show
    Took me two tries, but turns out that there are a LOT of turns you can steal from Athena/Hera-S to get skills. I used Durga on Michael, Batman on Athena, and then managed to arrive at Zeus with Batman back up and Durga 1 turn away. Waited for the delay to wear off on Athena and her to use her status shield before I killed her, and then did Hera-S's status shield, absorb move, and all three countdown ticks before I killed her.

Not even going to try 9/10. I still need to go back and do 7, I'm avoiding it right now because of the green attributes.

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Well. Today was.. busy, I guess. A few runs of Fagan, no skill ups. A few of the early Challenge dungeons, on both tablet and phone. Got the Light snow globe dragon on the phone, leveled it with a couple super kings I had laying around, and maxed my Fagan, then uvo'ed. Level 99, no awakenings, skill level 4, Dark Fagan. I'm trying to decide if that's where I want to invest my now four +9 Tamadra, or if I want to wait and use that on something else.

I also uvo'ed my Vritra (for the pretty) and my Blodin (for the prongs). Opted not to uvo my Brachy yet, I have other things that want dragon fruits. Got +1 skill on one of my Verdandi.

On the tablet, I finished Challenges 1-3. Failed at 4. I'm going to try it again, but not right away. I'd really like to have that Tamadra on the tablet, I'd probably go ahead and feed it to Bastet since I have every intention of taking her to Awoken one day, and I'm +'ing her right now anyway. She's already max awoken, but it'll keep. My Andromeda has reached level 50, and I have everything I need to evolve her, except for team cost. I've also pulled one blue sacred mask from the machine, if I get one more I'll have the ability to farm whatever else I need.

On the godfest front.. Hermes is exciting for Andromeda teams on both accounts, and Minerva would be neat on my phone. Also, the midnight gala has a few things I'd be thrilled to get on my phone - Yomi, Persephone, Pandora, Durga, Gryps, and Creuse. But none of them are things I would have an immediate use for. Creuse I really want for a Physical team, Persephone for Haku, the biggest one would be Yomi for Anubis. But they show up every midnight gala, I think I'll wait until the godfest offers things my phone actually needs. As to the tablet, the only thing I'd be really cheering about rolling is Hermes. I'll wait until either Greco gods are paired with something else valuable, or until a good Godfest appears with a Gala of Tides, since he's in there as well. Who knows, day 2 offers Chinese gods and Indian 2, both of which offer very nifty options. Any of the Chinese gods would potentially fit well with Bastet, or offer me a different leader. Vishnu and Sarasvati are excellent options for Bastet and Andromeda respectively. I may dump the stones I've gathered during day 2, and see what I get.

25. - Top - End - #1345

On the godfest front.. Hermes is exciting for Andromeda teams on both accounts, and Minerva would be neat on my phone. Also, the midnight gala has a few things I'd be thrilled to get on my phone - Yomi, Persephone, Pandora, Durga, Gryps, and Creuse. But none of them are things I would have an immediate use for. Creuse I really want for a Physical team, Persephone for Haku, the biggest one would be Yomi for Anubis. But they show up every midnight gala, I think I'll wait until the godfest offers things my phone actually needs. As to the tablet, the only thing I'd be really cheering about rolling is Hermes. I'll wait until either Greco gods are paired with something else valuable, or until a good Godfest appears with a Gala of Tides, since he's in there as well. Who knows, day 2 offers Chinese gods and Indian 2, both of which offer very nifty options. Any of the Chinese gods would potentially fit well with Bastet, or offer me a different leader. Vishnu and Sarasvati are excellent options for Bastet and Andromeda respectively. I may dump the stones I've gathered during day 2, and see what I get.
    I think I'm going to pass. I would love a BlOdin or Rodin (can't wait to see THAT uvo) but the actual godfest pantheons don't have much I don't have/need.

EDIT:

Looking (as usual) at random teams, does anyone here know anything about D. Meta teams? I don't have the traditional Hanzo/Gryps, but I am staring at a LOT of nice gods. I've got Pandora, Persephone, Haku, Loki, Durga sitting in my box on top of D. Meta. Running the first four, for example, would sit me at 10 skill boosts, 9 row enhances, and over 10k dark attack. My question is, does the lack of a 5 turn orb changer kill the team? Pandora/Persephone/Haku are all 8/9 turn changers when skilled up and Persephone just got buffed to 8 from 9. Seems like that would work fine.

This is in my usual vein of just musing re. teams so that I can screw around with them.
    Last edited by Otravyat; 2015-04-28 at 11:37 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

I think I'm going to pass. I would love a BlOdin or Rodin (can't wait to see THAT uvo) but the actual godfest pantheons don't have much I don't have/need.
    That's kind of what my thoughts boil down to on the phone. Neat things? Sure. Awoken Gods are nifty, and double orb changers are great. But nothing I need for teams I am specifically working on, and any special gods can happen during any Godfest. If the Gala offers more that I'm interested in, it's not a good Godfest to roll on.

On the tablet? Like I said, day 2 is pretty neat. The Chinese gods would all be welcome on my Bastet team, I think, or as leaders themselves. The Indian 2 stuff? I could pass on Ganesha, but any of the other four would be welcome. Krishna, Vishnu as Bastet subs (with fire-heavy subs for Krishna). Sarasvati isn't an optimal sub for Andromeda, she lacks water rowhance, but she'd help given my small number of water orb changers, and the skill boosts are a big help. Durga as a potential lead, of course. I just hope the Gala for that day has a few neat things as well - a Gala of Tides that contains Hermes would be optimal, and would prompt me to actually do a bunch of challenge mode dungeons for extra stones.

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Ettin in the Playground

First day I definitely wont' be rolling. Second day...I might give a single roll, but even if it's gold I'm not going again. Feel like saving my stones till a godfest comes around that has something I really want, and hopefully have more then 5 rolls ready and waiting(I have 19 stones right now, so by the time Raphaeal comes around again I'll probably have 50+ hopefully).

28. - Top - End - #1348

Since Quietus and Starwulf ninja'd my edit, just posting to mention that I added an edit above if either of you know anything about D. Meta teams.

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I'll do my traditional YOLOpull on day 2. The Indian 2 gods are freaking amazing, and the Chinese goddesses would fit in a variety of delicious places (and are apparently getting awoken forms?). While Minerva and Hades would be nice, I don't really have any teams built up that would service them, and aside from Persephone there's nothing else there I'd really want.

30. - Top - End - #1350

Ult Goemon is going to be absurd. 5x ROdin actives, Goemon active, move one orb anywhere, profit.
    Am waiting for Rodin ult to shorten animation time on the active skill.

You want quick orb changers for Dmeta. Without Hanzo you're not going to be taking on hard dungeons without a lot of luck. Will be good for easier ones where you don't want to worry about orb troll, though.