New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Puzzle and Dragons 11: Romancing the Stone

Anyone not clear out the friends list in a while? We're trying to get the girlfriend's old account restored but we don't have the user ID saved anywhere that we can find. I deleted it in game when she said she deleted the account, the kids accounts were deleted too. We just can't find the ID anywhere. Even without the secret code, I think we can get it restored because she has stone purchases, but not at least without the ID. Username was EleanorM.

I've already done many searches on the forums and as far as I can tell I never posted her ID, I just added many of you from your account numbers here.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    Anyone not clear out the friends list in a while? We're trying to get the girlfriend's old account restored but we don't have the user ID saved anywhere that we can find. I deleted it in game when she said she deleted the account, the kids accounts were deleted too. We just can't find the ID anywhere. Even without the secret code, I think we can get it restored because she has stone purchases, but not at least without the ID. Username was EleanorM.

I've already done many searches on the forums and as far as I can tell I never posted her ID, I just added many of you from your account numbers here.
    I dont have it anymore, but I could have sworn you posted it for me at one point when I was looking for Isis friends (just for context help with the searches)? It would have been back a lot of posts ago though. Probably super tough to find.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kauai View Post
    I actually put some thought into this as I have a bunch of Hakus too. It's doable but one of them would have to be chibi. Chibi covers blue, Lunar Corona uvo covers red. I guess the rest could be D/D uvo?

Hmm....actually, could build a no-dupes team with all members having Haku actives! Banishing Claw/Lunar Corona/Chibi/Final evo/unevo'd/Dark chaser. That might be fun. lol
    I never got chibi Haku, I got regular Haku! D:
    That's where #3 came from. I said screw it, unevolved lunar corona (D/R) and am gunning for three banishing claws. ALL THE ROWS AND FULL BOARD SHIFTS. And some TPA lovin' too.

Quote Originally Posted by Soepvork View Post
    Love this setup, too bad the only monster I have of the ones here is Echidna :P

(that makes me wonder... why don't I have Tengu? I am sure I have tackled Descends harder than that)

Edit: never mind, found it why: cost-limited dungeon...
    Tengu is a ****ing ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    Yeah, I cried a little inside when I saw that too. At least you got a lot of good green stuff - might be able to make a boss Perseus team someday.
    Wood is like my elusive highschool sweetheart I'll never truly forget. Or like that chick who keeps reincarnating and yorturing Dracula.

I started with Parvati, and couldn't get anywhere with wood because by the time I could handle descends I got six berserkers, zero highlanders, and a bunch of light healers.

Then I end up maxing Parvati anyway, and subbing her on a hound of Chulain team, and that's, Iunno, fun I guess, but I've got Lmeta right there with much more investment and skill ups and better subs all around because her good stuff at the time was either pink machine or farmable.

Then Perseus shows up and brings his twin brother, two sasuke and a dinosaur with Parvati's skill like some weird parlor trick magician.

So suddenly green rows become a thing, and I say **** it, I am NOT gonna be made a chump by a Greek hero and an animu ninja, so I build a row enhance team and start working on components for that, with either attacker or balance components.

Except! By the time I do that I've accidentally got an amazing blue row enhance team with awesome tribal and elemental leaders and tons of versatility, so why bother? Then I see, I should do a wood team based on two prongs! But then a bunch of blue two prongs fall in my lap and without the elemental superiority of Light or Dark in frankly wasting my time.

And now Parvati is getting this amazing awoken ultimate evolution and I'm like, I will be on that **** like brown on rice, like American food companies on that brown, and like health nuts on the white on rice. I will get that stuff ASAP!

... And then I fail to get the wood orbs necessary to Evo her >x>

Still weird because I should have done all of them too, so if you have 5 I should have 5 Weird.
    Might have done. The descended challenge ones had a few overlaps. Maybe you misplaced one?

Quote Originally Posted by Otravyat View Post
    I believe that the lesson you have passed to me here is never roll on Gala of Wood?
    NEVER AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Quietus View Post
    My experience has been that rolling REM during a gala gets me all kinds of random crap I hate about that gala's color, and some neat gods of a color utterly unrelated.
    I wish I had that good of luck...

Sorry mate. I don't think I had space for her back when so I never got an invite :x

4. - Top - End - #244

ERLOAS----

If you want to try, my girlfriend usually has her up, she accepts most friend requests. Her id is 341,815,344
    Otherwise in the past I've just used PADherder and did a leader search and sent out several requests and usually get a few to accept.
    From: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...highlight=Isis

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I wish I had that good of luck...
    Believe me, there's been a LOT of awful luck along the way. One or two good pulls for every 8-10 pulls overall, if I'm honest with myself. Worse lately, just a ton of duplicates.

News for tonight : I just uvo'ed Unicorn and Athena, and will be aiming to farm a light jewel tomorrow so I'll have all the parts to double-uvo Valk. Went 5/13 to awaken Athena with baby Tamadra, and 1/4 on my Chrono Turtle.. what a waste. I have awful luck with those little bits. I'm thinking I want to raise Chrono Turtle to run as a possible alt on my Kali team (block skill bind), though, so it seemed a decent place to dump them. I may also temporarily run his as a member of my Anoobis team, when I start practicing with that, purely for the two extra time extends. The six second CTW doesn't hurt, either.

::Edit:: Wow. So apparently just adding my Kali to PDX has resulted in a major influx of people sending requests. I've had new friend requests every time I've logged on tonight - I've added at least 6-8 people already, with no effort on my part. Pretty sweet, though I've decided to bump up my friend list allowance to make space.
    Last edited by Quietus; 2015-03-21 at 01:17 AM.
    Pokemon friend code : 3067-5701-8746

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

Padherders for my phone and my tablet!

6. - Top - End - #246

Quote Originally Posted by obryn View Post
    Jasmine posted my team. (thanks Jasmine!) It wasn't 0-stone, though, if that matters.
    I 0 stoned.
    Spoiler: Herais +297 MS, Vamp/Hades MS, Haku/Beelz unskilled, max level
    Show

7. - Top - End - #247
    Banned

Can mostly farm beelz. Checked app, saw wood orb was today, ran it three times. Got one wood spirit jewel. Need one more, plus level/Evo Cauchemar and chu Chulainn and then my par-body will be ready.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Barbarian in the Playground

It takes a lot of blind luck period, because I went IAP and still didn't get a luxury team.

Unless you count Haku/Haku/Haku.

There was that time I got fifteen+ rolls and got either trash or gala stuff only, entirely bypassing the godfest?

Yeah.
    I need your padherder.

@Jasmine: 8 years of free stones sounds about right.... 10 stoned WTF?

@sky prison team: rsonia/rsonia/lmeta/lubu/Shiva/rsonia

Its the most stable build. It will be even better once lu bu gets his ult. One unbindable monster will cause the mythlits to flash bind most of the turns. it gives you the necessary rcv with the rsonia multipliers to survive hits. I had this talk with Kaui when I first talked about this. it was between lmeta and grodin for thr unbindable Mon. It doesn't require any +s either.

F1 one combo of red or a 3 combo dark then stall till all actives are up. (Chances of no red or dark are low)

F2 just kill with rsonia active.

F3 Shiva

F4 rsonia + lubu, rsonia

I have yet to die.

@Kaui: Stop rolling!

So I missed my flight because I hanged with my girl at pier 38 seafoods and sunsets for too long. so changed flight to 12hrs later at no charge. Worth? Lol
    Last edited by Academia; 2015-03-21 at 03:17 AM.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Banned

Exclamation Re: Puzzle and Dragons 11: Romancing the Stone

Hey fax, didn't you have a page that said which dungeons to run. Based on your stamina and what color XP you needed?

E: nvm, grimoires have descended. Some calibration is necessary (and screw you sudden skyfalls when stalling on bosses/being 3 hp over the 49% mark when stalling on bosses!) but I've already acquired Theurgia, just need to secure Paulina.
    Not that I wanted Theurgia. But hey. I have her. So.

E: is it just me or is this really, really shoddy orbing skill?
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2015-03-21 at 04:29 AM.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Hey fax, didn't you have a page that said which dungeons to run. Based on your stamina and what color XP you needed?

E: nvm, grimoires have descended. Some calibration is necessary (and screw you sudden skyfalls when stalling on bosses/being 3 hp over the 49% mark when stalling on bosses!) but I've already acquired Theurgia, just need to secure Paulina.
    Not that I wanted Theurgia. But hey. I have her. So.

E: is it just me or is this really, really shoddy orbing skill?
    Considering that's worse than me when I'm having an off day, yeah, I'd say so. Hell, it's hardly better than my eight year old nephew can manage.

::Edit:: Wow. I keep finding videos of people playing badly, now. And when I'm sleep deprived, it makes me *angry*. I'm having trouble getting to sleep, this is not in any way going to help. It's nice to know that people are putting videos up when they're categorically worse at orbing than I am, I guess? Also, I am having trouble figuring out what cards to put on a Fagan team, once I get him. Could use my Dragon Rider that I've leveled, and raise my second one as well, I suppose...
    Last edited by Quietus; 2015-03-21 at 04:57 AM.

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

11. - Top - End - #251

Considering that's worse than me when I'm having an off day, yeah, I'd say so. Hell, it's hardly better than my eight year old nephew can manage.
    That's just how you play an Athena team.

Also, there comes a point when you understand your team and the dungeon enough that you do the bare minimum combos required in order to farm the dungeon faster. I actually find that more impressive than over killing everything, as it involves more detailed knowledge of the game. Keep in mind that this guy isn't wasting time thinking through his moves, and in the end he beats a mythical in five minutes. Spend exactly as much effort as is needed, and not a bit more.

As a slightly different example, someone watching me farm kog with Goemon will think I'm terrible, with a <2 combo average. It also takes me about 105 seconds a run.
    Last edited by Jasmine; 2015-03-21 at 05:04 AM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

That's just how you play an Athena team.

Also, there comes a point when you understand your team and the dungeon enough that you do the bare minimum combos required in order to farm the dungeon faster. I actually find that more impressive than over killing everything, as it involves more detailed knowledge of the game. Keep in mind that this guy isn't wasting time thinking through his moves, and in the end he beats a mythical in five minutes. Spend exactly as much effort as is needed, and not a bit more.

As a slightly different example, someone watching me farm kog with Goemon will think I'm terrible, with a <2 combo average. It also takes me about 105 seconds a run.
    Really? It seemed sloppy to me. Leaving those two jammers early on, taking extra time on the fairy while burning actives when he could have just done combos for the same effect, and it seemed to me he was cycling the board poorly, always having an extra stock of all the colors he didn't need. I'm not sure I see the value in not burning excess off-color orbs when you're clearing a floor. Admittedly, I'm running on insomnia right now, what is it I'm missing?

Also, I would not think that a 105 second KOG run is terrible. What's your KOG Goemon team, anyway? Do you just orb change all the time?

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

Ran Grimoire Mythical with Bastet. Spent 7 stones, due to being rubish and not bringing enough useful skills, but I got Paulina, who was the one I wanted and is also most useful to me. Better than spending 5 stones on a golem or mystic knight, any day.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

14. - Top - End - #254

Really? It seemed sloppy to me. Leaving those two jammers early on, taking extra time on the fairy while burning actives when he could have just done combos for the same effect, and it seemed to me he was cycling the board poorly, always having an extra stock of all the colors he didn't need. I'm not sure I see the value in not burning excess off-color orbs when you're clearing a floor. Admittedly, I'm running on insomnia right now, what is it I'm missing?

Also, I would not think that a 105 second KOG run is terrible. What's your KOG Goemon team, anyway? Do you just orb change all the time?
    The orb change on fairy was admittedly kind of weird, but the reason I don't get rid of random orbs is that the falling orbs takes time.

105 seconds is in contrast to 2 combo. I'd actually be pretty impressed if you can finish in under 200.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Tamadra.com/rank-up

Ran grimoires twice, armadel both times, dropped once with a +. Of course it's the one of the three I don't actually want. Tried mythic, couldn't get past floor two.

Edit: however some people are saying that Armadel will be the other component for awoken Bastet due to the forehead third eye, so having her now would certainly make things easier.
    Last edited by Fax Celestis; 2015-03-21 at 11:39 AM.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

The orb change on fairy was admittedly kind of weird, but the reason I don't get rid of random orbs is that the falling orbs takes time.

105 seconds is in contrast to 2 combo. I'd actually be pretty impressed if you can finish in under 200.
    Definitely can't. My usual KoG runs are about five minutes, including loading before/after the dungeon. I do try and push for as many combos as I can; my current challenge to myself is being able to hit 6 combos 90% of the time. I don't agonize over it, but it's always in the back of my mind. My girlfriend and I have made a pact to try and run Anubis teams, just to challenge ourselves and get better at making those combos. Plus, I'd like to be able to consistently hit 36x immediately on Ult Kali landing in NA.

In other news, the reason I had insomnia last night was partially because my brain has gotten stuck in team building loops. However, it may have inadvertently landed at an interesting spot; Fagan + Orochi. I've been wanting to build a Fagan team for ages (and have all the components of the team used when Jasmine first told me "Fagan team best team"), and have been particularly sore about evo'ing Orochi away from Physical and out of my Blonia team. What do you guys think about mixing blue in with Fagan, and running a team using bookend Fagan, with Blonia/Orochi/Pirate Zaerog/Twin Star Tiamat in there? I'm not sure the colors mesh well, but that hardly seemed to matter in that original video. I could also run Red-heavy, use Fagan with Ronia and RGY as subs

In other news, the reason I had insomnia last night was partially because my brain has gotten stuck in team building loops. I keep cycling through a few random ideas, I'd be interested in what you guys think of the use of the following subs in between D/L Fagan bookends (using only what I have or what I can farm) :

#1 : Stick with a lot of D/L, use 2x Dragon Rider King Arthur. Other subs can include Twin Star Tiamat/Divinegon, Shining Dragon Knight (unbindable bind recovery!) and Apocalypse (which I JUST realized I had and may have sworn a little to myself about - this guy is freaking awesome for this team and can eventually skill up from gold keepers if we get another shift!)
    - With the realization that Apocalypse is OP, I think this team just got a big boost in my regard. I like teams that carry that strong color theme, this is very Light heavy with a strong Dark aspect, and everyone on the team works in tandem with that. I also like that it has pseudo-LMeta option in the Shining Dragon Knight since his awakenings are 2x bind resist, TPA, skill boost, and his skill is a 6-11 CD heartbreak/2 turn bind recovery. Running 2x Arthur, and two of Shining Dragon Knight/Divinegon/Apocalypse means I have four members with dual TPA, two with single, 6 skill boosts, two 20% gravity, two Dark->Light, Heart->Dark orbshifts, and can pick two of either heartbreak+bind resist, 1.3x slime boost, and full board Light/Dark/Heart shift. I suspect that I would mostly be bringing Apocalypse, and choosing between Shining Dragon Knight (who can double as bind mitigation on Kali's team) and Divinegon, depending on what I need. The team's biggest weakness, without having done the math to see what damage it can do, is that it fills a slot very similar to Kali for me. And between the two, I would rather run Kali.

#2 : Strong Red presence. Here I'd be looking at bringing RGY and Sonia, and probably farming/raising a Hadar. - This one is pretty straightforward; lots of skill boosts (1x on each Fagan, 1x Hadar, 2x RGY, 2x Ronia), 1500 auto-recover, RGY's weird heartbreak/healing active, and one spare slot, probably Dark Twin Star Tiamat. There is a weird split in this team, in that the dark-primaries all have TPA, and the red-primaries do not; this could actually play well into itself, as using Ronia's active I could focus on making the dark TPA's and let all the red flow together. My one regret is that I don't have a way to enhance the red orbs for bigger damage, but this team only has one red orb enhance awakening, so that's not a tremendous loss. I'm also ignoring Fagan's Light sub-attribute, but I think that would work out okay.

#3 : Strong Blue presence. A place for B/R Orochi to live! Also Blonia, and Dark Twin Star Tiamat/Leviathan.
    - I really, really want this one to work, but I just don't think it will. I like the idea of having Blonia on here, and I am jonesing so hard to put B/R Orochi on a team, but this feels like I'm just attempting to jam a square peg in a round hole, because there's too strong a split between the colors. I'm ignoring Fagan's Light sub-att again, as well as Orochi's Red, and my other options, Levi/Tiamat, are completely at odds, even though they would give me their boost to each of them would boost at least 2/3 of my team through 50% of the dungeon. Really, though, I don't need that slime boost for trash mobs, even at 1.3x. I just feel like I'm missing something that would bring this team together; this would probably be my favorite theoretical option because it fills a color hole that I don't currently have, but something about it just isn't meshing.

What do you guys think of these three options? Suggestions and critiques are absolutely both welcome and requested.

17. - Top - End - #257

I understand doing the bare minimum, I orb a lot "worse" using Athena than U&Y. But in this case I'm actually with Siuis and Quietus. This just seemed sloppy at times, he was taking really ineffectively routes to form the combos. And even aside burning actives on the fairy, didn't seem to be making smart decisions about when to TPA and when to use a 3 orb combo, etc., at least not to me.

EDIT: Watched one of his other videos, using a hypermax L.Kali team, and he is definitely better at orbing there. Still not great, you could see several times when he meant to activate his combo and messed it up, but actually reminds me of myself a bit cause I never think through pathways long enough and just kinda go for it. On the other hand, the 6 combos giving you 36x on L.Kali is so good.
    Last edited by Otravyat; 2015-03-21 at 12:15 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Otravyat View Post
    I understand doing the bare minimum, I orb a lot "worse" using Athena than U&Y. But in this case I'm actually with Siuis and Quietus. This just seemed sloppy at times, he was taking really ineffectively routes to form the combos. And even aside burning actives on the fairy, didn't seem to be making smart decisions about when to TPA and when to use a 3 orb combo, etc., at least not to me.

EDIT: Watched one of his other videos, using a hypermax L.Kali team, and he is definitely better at orbing there. Still not great, you could see several times when he meant to activate his combo and messed it up, but actually reminds me of myself a bit cause I never think through pathways long enough and just kinda go for it. On the other hand, the 6 combos giving you 36x on L.Kali is so good.
    Yeah, I just watched his Ultimate Dragon Rush with L.Kali, and wow. First, he uses a team similar to mine - he's using Metatron in place of my Arcline and Indra (kinda jealous..) in place of Rei Sirius, but we both run Fuma and Arthur. And wow, I can see why he'd run Metatron over Arcline; that 36x boost is deceptively huge. I'm throwing 1.3-1.5m on a Kali TPA activation right now, hypermax I expect to do 2m+; with Kali's ult, I expect another 50% on top of that. Your "Spike" is just "activate Kali, maybe Fuma"; every extra TPA adds another 3m on top of that. Disgusting. So glad I run Kali!

He definitely has the skill to pilot that team, too. Some of the combos he does are things that would take me five or ten minutes to come up with, and unless there are cuts I didn't notice (could be), he's coming up with them in under a minute. That's the kind of skill I'm working to build. So either there is method to what he does in that Athena run, or he was just playing lazy because he knew he could.
    Last edited by Quietus; 2015-03-21 at 12:33 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Banned

Got Paulina. Cost me a stone on undine because I got sloppy and knocked her down without killing her but otherwise not that stressful. Some "crap" moments on Paulina herself, mostly when the poison would appear and I had no meal orbs on board and would barely survive her 13k hit.

So, uh, why is she useful again? Her awakenings are sorta laughable, and her skill is good ish but is nowhere near easily skill-up-able. Well, not yet. I'll see about getting a non-light or dark team to run that dungeon with. I mean, even if I bring a fire team and end up fighting Paulina, I'm in literally no worse a position...

And... That orb skill was just sloppy. Dropped combos, incomplete combos, ruining two combos to keep moving and make only one combo elsewhere... It shows skill, aye, but it's very sloppy. There's the mental and the physical. Here, the physical execution is just slapdash. Too many accidental diagonals. My guess is, like me, the lady in question isn't using a stylus.

Actually I think Bastet may use both Theurgia (the red eye) and Almadel (the cats).
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2015-03-21 at 12:55 PM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

She's hot.

Also she's good for Bonia boardhances. She's like Hrungnir with better awakenings, a quicker skill, and moderately better stats.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Actually I think Bastet may use both Theurgia (the red eye) and Almadel (the cats).
    I keep seeing people thinking Medjedra, because of the stars on the cat's heads, and I am included to agree. Theurgia/Medjedra : http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1837.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Banned

Star on cats heads, but not the cats themselves? That's a weird clue. So is ignoring the Anubis hat. *shrug*

I /hope/ it's not medjedra because I'll probably want this Bastet.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Star on cats heads, but not the cats themselves? That's a weird clue. So is ignoring the Anubis hat. *shrug*

I /hope/ it's not medjedra because I'll probably want this Bastet.
    It's the same star on medjedra's forehead. She also has a bunch of other weird maybeclues. Zhang Fei's tiger? Guan Yinping's braids? Theurgia's third eye? Zeal's spirits? Gravis' gauntlets?

24. - Top - End - #264
    Banned

Ugh. I'm gonna catch an Almadel and focus on Parvati >_<

Hey Fax, do you have a Metatron? It's possible to grind through this dungeon on hard with Athena, but you'll need a god/healer hybrid in addition to Valk.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Yup. 84, +60. she's up now.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Banned

Okay. I think I misunderstood you earlier, however because I thought you were having trouble with farming this dungeon, and was offering suggestions on how you can handle it

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Okay. I think I misunderstood you earlier, however because I thought you were having trouble with farming this dungeon, and was offering suggestions on how you can handle it
    Mythical, yes. Legend I can do, and in fact did just fine with both Bonia and Leilan (though I do need to swap a bind clear into my Bonia team for Michael). My healer team is nowhere near descend ready, though, as most of its levels are in the mid thirties.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Banned

Spoiler: is a dupe Theurgia and a +egg worth a stone?
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269
    Banned

Believe it or not, Athena//Athena, Metatron, Rose, Verche and Hercules/izanagi/BEAMS can handle this dungeon on legend or mythical or whichever the guaranteed drop is. You just want a high power heal active, and Metatron delivers. Enough to survive at least...

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

Believe it or not, Athena//Athena, Metatron, Rose, Verche and Hercules/izanagi/BEAMS can handle this dungeon on legend or mythical or whichever the guaranteed drop is. You just want a high power heal active, and Metatron delivers. Enough to survive at least...
    I've got that team, mostly in pretty decent levels, though I don't have ult Athena. Still, I could give it a shot.

Edit: NOPE. Didn't have enough orbs to make a double TPA against the demons. Freaking demons are the bane of every dungeon I run. -_-
    Last edited by Fax Celestis; 2015-03-21 at 04:54 PM.