New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Mordae's Old Skool Combined (IC)

The hired uruks take up the shields as Krug and Barzulf lead the charge into smoke darkness, with Althaminil and Randur coming behind in reserve.

"Goblin archers! Shields forward!" comes the uruk shout from down the smoke-darkened hallway, Krug's voice carrying clearly.

Spoiler: DM
    Show

Archer 1 - (1d20)[5](1d6)[6]
    Archer 1 - (1d20)[12](1d6)[2]
    Archer 1 - (1d20)[10](1d6)[4]
    Archer 1 - (1d20)[10](1d6)[1]
    Last edited by Mordae; 2015-12-23 at 12:48 PM.
    Suspiciously normal.
    I'm from the Government. We're here to help!
    2nd Age Elven Warrior by Vrythas. Elves are not pansies!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

With the shield wall returned, Horrik (and anyone else who cares to) takes a move action to get safely back over to the recently removed door whilst the hirelings fight.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

The twang of bowstrings has been replaced with the sound of steel as Krug, Barzulf, Randur, and Althaminil press the attack forward. The smoke has begun to dissipate, and with darkvision Horrik can make out shadowy shapes fighting in the hallway about forty paces away from the now-empty door-frame. No arrows come from the hidden slits to assail the shield wall on its way over.
    Suspiciously normal.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Isaac starts moving towards the fight, making sure to always have a hulking comrade between him and the goblins "if you could bring yourselves to capture one, that would be most helpful" maybe we can stop running around this dirty maze and get somewhere...

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Horrik orders the guard to advance ahead of them giving them cover in this round before they enter the Frey (hopefully we'll be able to tell friend from foe by then. ) Hearing Isaac's council, Horrik orders the guards to detain one of the goblins when they get there, meanwhile she slips the Zweihänder free, a slight smile on her lips.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think they've got +5 grapple each
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Debating between joining the fray or throwing a rock, Randur remembers the flame dancing above his hand. Maneuvering to get a clear shot, Randur throws a flaming orb at one of the goblins.

Spoiler: OOC; A&D
    Show

Shooting at the farthest goblin that isn't engaged in melee. Failing that, well, he shoots all the same.

Attack (vs. Touch AC): (1d20)[11]
    Damage (Fire): (1d6+1)[5]

Spoiler: Links & GitP Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by fyleisch View Post
    It's come to my attention that some people don't know how to pronounce the name of the deity Fharlanghn. It's simple though - you begin with a Ff- sound, then flap your mouth at random as sounds come out. Continue for 2-90 seconds, depending on devoutness and saliva levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    I think this is the most civil battle between Good and Evil I've ever seen...
    10 Commandments of Op./Practical Op.
    3.5 WBL/GP
    Cleric Domains

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

As the mercenaries advance with shields, Randur tosses his flame and catches one of the goblins squarely, igniting the creature's clothing--which, aside from the distraction, also serves as a limited light source as the inflamed archer tries to beat off the blaze.

In the 10-foot passage, Krug and Barzulf are fighting the first rank of goblins, while Althaminil and Randur are right behind them. The second rank of goblins appear shaken, perhaps ready to break, with one of them on fire and so many adversaries ahead.
    Last edited by Mordae; 2016-01-07 at 09:36 AM.
    Suspiciously normal.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing the passage overcrowded as is, Horrik waits for space to clear itself.

Last edited by drack; 2016-01-07 at 09:44 AM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Quickly retrieving a stone bullet, Randur aims at a goblin's head and lauches it.

Spoiler: A&D
    Show

Attack: (1d20)[3]
    Damage: (1d4-1)[1]

If a 20 is rolled:

Attack: (1d20)[17]
    Damage: (1d4-1)[2]

Show
    It's come to my attention that some people don't know how to pronounce the name of the deity Fharlanghn. It's simple though - you begin with a Ff- sound, then flap your mouth at random as sounds come out. Continue for 2-90 seconds, depending on devoutness and saliva levels.
    3.5 WBL/GP
    Cleric Domains

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

a wave of sound bursts trough the air loudly towards one of the goblins, Isaac then walks ahead, waiting to see if one of them is still alive enough for his purposes.

Show
    manifesting mindthrust
    DC 13 will save to negate the damage
    damage (1d10)[4]

I´ll attack a weakened goblin or a strong one if there will still be one left afterwards.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Randur's sling bullet misses badly, while Isaac puts the flaming goblin out of its misery with a quick mind thrust. Krug has switched to striking with the flat of the blade to try to keep one of the goblins alive, perhaps causing the knockout stroke to miss, but Barzulf shows no such mercy and cleaves his foe in two.

The second goblin in the back rank breaks and flees, running past the smoldering form of his dead companion.
    Suspiciously normal.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Calling back into the room, Horrik orders the rest of the group into the passageway behind them so as not to make them appear as easy targets to be picked off. Upon seeing a goblin flee she also orders Althaminil to chase after it and hunt it down before it can summon reinforcements.
    Spoiler
    Show

Map updated with out of combat NPC movement for a round, death of one goblin, the goblin behind it fleeing to unexplored regions.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...r-o/edit#gid=5

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

The attack presses down the hallway. Krug lands a heavy sideways blow that knocks his foe out cold, and Althaminil heeds Horrik's call to rush down the passage ahead. Barzulf, whose natural loathing of goblins is intense, follows the elf along the dark passage as well.

At the rear, the mercenaries and hirelings form up in the passage. The limited light from the torches and the burning goblin help illuminate the passageway as the smoke thins out. All can see a narrow (5') side passage to the east, just beyond where Krug had slammed his opponent to the wall. The main passage goes forty feet before bending to the west, and it is this direct that the fleeing goblin has gone, pursued by elf and dwarf.
    Suspiciously normal.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Isaac starts feeling tired after so much mental stress, his head hurts as he feels some of the pisonic energy whitin himself leaving his body, he walks towards the corridor, cleaning some blood that fell on his robe from the bloody mess Horrik made of the last goblin.

He waits for Krug or a hireling to grab the unconscious goblin before following the scouts, all the time remembering the rooms they went trough before, cataloguing the qualities amongst them, to see in wich one they should rest after they are done wich their feeble enemies.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Horrik motions for pause while the portion of the party still lagging behind catches up (20-40 secs), and for two of the mercs to retrieve any bodies, barrels, and remnants with one staying behind the main (PC) group for lighting. Likewise she directs Krug to take the lead, remaining slightly ahead of the main (PC) group until we can regroup with the two hirelings.

While they wait Horrik also directs one of the merks to disarm the unconscious goblin, stabilize it if necessary, and pin it in his arm for somewhat-less-risky-transit.

Seeing the western side passage to the cavity from which the goblins had been shooting had not yet been thoroughly investigated, Horrik directs one of the mercenaries to block the corridor with a tower shield.
    Last edited by drack; 2016-04-19 at 02:44 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Horrik catches the fleeing goblin just as it reaches the corner, with predictably messy results. However, before her orders can be carried out, a flurry of arrows comes from further down the passage to the right (west) of the corner. Two of them bite through armor, one deeply.

Horrik takes 7 damage.

Turning toward her attackers, Horrik can see that the passage leads twenty feet east before opening into a larger chamber, the walls of which are beyond the reach of her darkvision. Right at the opening, goblins have flipped a table onto its side and are using it as cover from which to launch volleys.

Show

(1d20+1)[16] (1d20+1)[12] (1d6)[6]
    (1d20+1)[11] (1d20+1)[4] (1d6)[5]
    (1d20+1)[17] (1d20+1)[21] (1d6)[5]
    (1d20+1)[12] (1d20+1)[12] (1d6)[1]
    Last edited by Mordae; 2016-04-19 at 02:00 PM.
    Suspiciously normal.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Horrik Grunts, both in primal savagery and pain as the arrows strike her, but through baleful wrath her sweeping glare did sight her attackers before she ducked back into cover. They were a wounded and ragged lot, and the two most wounded of all were the two most ready to hurl themselves headlong into death. Angrily Horrik sliced her hands down before them, cutting them off, smiling her prettiest bloodthirsty and ferocious smile as she commanded them further back. Over the next half a minute as the others arrived, Horrik instructed them as to their charge, drawing forth her little steel mirror with which to watch the goblins around the bend as she instructed them.

Raevin and Jayne would take the front. The mighty sorcerer hadn't yet cast a single spell the whole day, and if anyone knew how to deal with arrows it would be the ranger.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Sorc (Raevin) has 19 Cha, but neither of those two have sheets, which means a few quick rolls are made, or their deaths are GM fiat, either way I'm sure it'll work itself out.

Next would be Regarre and Glorfinbad. The wizards were spent, but the look in their eye told her they'd be good for nothing else, rested or not, and that it'd be a mercy were they to to die now before seeing worse horrors down here. Then would be Oink and Mudd who were the freshest fighters with the best chance to get through that table and put some fear into these goblins.
    Spoiler
    Show

Note, everyone would get to move and attack short of the first few who die after moving due to readied actions.

Last, anyone who wanted (PCs) would remain behind these ranks, slinging whatever long ranged attacks they had left in them to topple this foe. Krug and Thump (who we've been calling Thud), meanwhile, would be let past the mercenary's tower shield in order to check out the room with the arrow slits, and to make sure it's both clear and secure.

Spoiler
    Show

I'll wait until mord ratifies it with a crunchy-post before I update the map. Note, we've all been on within a few hours, so I'm gonna assume everyone who's wanted to, has posted lately.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Randur decides to simply load another bullet into his sling and stay back behind the safety of his companions.

Show
    3.5 WBL/GP
    Cleric Domains

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Isaac, looks for a ranged weapon with haste among the diseased bodies, seeing himself in need of ranged back up as he hordes what little energy he's got left.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Althaminil and Barzulf, seeing Horrik take the bites of arrows, hang at the corner while the plan is worked out. Raevin nods at the description of the improvised barricade, while Jayne considers her options. "Give me one of the tower shields, and I'll draw their fire--then Raevin can cast his spell, and I'll rush them."
    Suspiciously normal.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

At Horrik's direction, the merc grappling the goblin relinquishes his shield.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Jayne takes the proffered shield and, with a nod to Raevin, leaps out into the center of the hallway shouting a war cry. Immediately, four arrows come her way. As soon as the bolts have flown, Raevin runs for the cover of the shield and points with his fingers, sending a cone of flame toward the table. There are screams from the defending goblins, and flickering yellow light indicates that the wooden table has caught fire. "Let's go!" Jayne calls back as the column of adventurers forms up behind her.

Isaac takes up one of the dead goblin's short bows and arrows, while Thud/Thump takes a torch and confirms that the arrow-slit chamber is fully clear.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Any other actions before the whole group rushes to the chamber?

Show

(1d20+1)[11] (1d20+1)[14] (1d6)[2]
    (1d20+1)[2] (1d20+1)[10] (1d6)[6]
    (1d20+1)[6] (1d20+1)[11] (1d6)[2]
    (1d20+1)[17] (1d20+1)[19] (1d6)[2]
    (1d4)[3]
    (1d20+0)[10] (1d20+0)[11]
    Last edited by Mordae; 2016-04-20 at 07:59 AM.
    Suspiciously normal.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Raevin casts a Light spell on a small pebble and throws it into the room, while Jayne pushes forward with the shield, kicking the burning table out of her way. "Medium sized room, doors left and right, more tables," she calls out as she moves into the chamber. Regarre and Glorfinbad rush after her, diving for cover, but the elf falls victim to one arrow from the flurry of four that comes in return. Raevin slides along the wall to the left behind Jayne, hand going to the dagger at his hip.

Mudd goes charging in with Oynnk, the latter driving straight into the fray. By the sounds of the goblin screams, it's at least having the effect of sowing terror in the ranks of the enemy.

By the time Horrik, Isaac, and Randur make it to the entryway, there's a pitched battle underway, with all of the participants having dropped bows and other ranged weapons in favor of close-quarters combat. Regarre is hard-pressed to the right of the entryway by two goblins, while Jayne has tossed aside the tower shield and drawn a longsword against a trio on the left. The room is about forty feet square, and once had four long tables running north-south through the middle; one of them was sacrificed earlier as an improvised barricade, so only three remain upright. Two goblins have sprung atop the nearest one in an effort to avoid Oynnk's charge; the pig is tossing benches and chairs with its tusks. Mudd has her staff at the ready, having backed herself into the corner furthest the entryway.

Initiative: PCs, Goblins, NPC allies

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Updating map now.
    Suspiciously normal.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Horrik, pulling the arrow from her foot, puts a bit of weight on it before grunting her approval as it bears her weight. Working her sling she cast a small pebble into the fray
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+1)[11] for (1d4)[3] damage

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Isaac can´t seem to find a clear shot at the goblins, disdaining Regarre, he looks at the group of goblins near Jayne, letting loose a wave of psychic energy against the inferior mind of a goblin.

Spoiler
    Show
    manifesting mindthrust against the strongest looking of the goblins surrounding Jayne
    DC 13 will save to negate the damage.
    damage: (1d10)[6]

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Randur spins the sling a few times and lets loose a pebble.

Show
    Attack: (1d20)[16]
    Damage: (1d4-1)[2]

Show
    3.5 WBL/GP
    Cleric Domains

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Horrik's sling bullet errs wide, flying all the way across the room to strike the far wall instead of a goblin. Isaac's mind thrust somehow manages not to find its target. Meanwhile, Randur's bullet strikes true against one of the unengaged goblins.

The defenders rush forward to protect the doorway. Short swords flash against Regarre and Jayne; the ranger acquits herself admirably, but Regarre takes a sword thrust and looks badly wounded. Two more goblins jump down from the table to defend the burning table-barricade against Althaminil and Barzulf, but don't manage to score any hits.

Jayne and Regarre fight back against overwhelming odds, and the desperate wizard returns blood for blood against his aggressor. Raevin directs another burning hands spell against the two nearby goblins, but his arm gets bumped by Jayne's furious defense and the flames spray the ceiling instead of the goblins.

Althaminil and Barzulf go after the goblins in front of them, scoring minor wounds.

Mudd remains at the back, directing Oynnk to rush one of the goblin groups from behind. The pig's charge, however, is sidestepped by the target goblin.

PCs up!

Show

Goblin save vs Isaac - (1d20)[16]

Goblin 1 vs Jayne - (1d20)[8] (1d20)[16] (1d6)[1]
    Goblin 2 vs Jayne - (1d20)[2] (1d20)[12] (1d6)[3]
    Goblin 3 vs Jayne - (1d20)[10] (1d20)[20] (1d6)[5]

Goblin 1 vs Regarre - (1d20)[18] (1d20)[20] (1d6)[2]
    Goblin 2 vs Regarre - (1d20)[4] (1d20)[11] (1d6)[6]

Goblin vs Althaminil - (1d20)[8] (1d20)[19] (1d6)[3]
    Goblin vs Barzulf - (1d20)[12] (1d20)[4] (1d6)[1]

Raevin spell - (1d4)[1]
    Goblin save - (1d20)[15]
    Goblin save - (1d20)[13]

Jayne vs goblin - (1d20+1)[7] (1d20+1)[18] (1d8+1)[8]
    Regarre vs goblin - (1d20-1)[16] (1d20-1)[8] (1d4-1)[2]

Althaminil vs goblin - (1d20)[13] (1d20)[16] (1d6)[3]
    Barzulf vs goblin - (1d20+3)[16] (1d20+3)[20] (1d8+2)[3]

Oynnk vs goblin - (1d20+2)[4] (1d20+2)[9] (1d6+1)[2]
    Last edited by Mordae; 2016-04-27 at 03:33 PM.
    Suspiciously normal.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Isaac clumsily prepares to shoot his new bow, the bow shakes in his hand as he lets an arrow loose on the general direction of the goblin Althaminil is fighting.

Spoiler: actions
    Show
    move to reload, standard to shoot

attack:(1d20-3)[17]
    damage: (1d6-1)[0]

*grumble* finally roll a twenty for an incredible 0 damage
    Spoiler: crit
    Show
    attack:(1d20-3)[9]
    damage: (1d6-1)[4]
    Last edited by neriractor; 2016-04-27 at 07:15 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Horrik, quite carelessly, tosses another bolt.
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20-3)[-1] (-4 shooting into melee penalty) for (1d4)[3] damage.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Once again, Randur looses a pebble towards the goblins, missing spectacularly...

Show
    Attack:(1d20)[2]
    Damage:(1d4-1)[1]
    Last edited by wkwkwkwk1; 2016-05-02 at 07:54 AM.

Show
    3.5 WBL/GP
    Cleric Domains