New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Renewed Revolution: Spirit World IV

Sokyoku Hill

Arianna feels a moment of satisfaction at how hard the Hollow was thrown. She'd been gone for a while, but it seems that she wasn't out of practice. That was always good.

Arianna finds the Hollow on the ground. Her sword didn't leave a mark on his skin, but that was kind of expected. He doesn't seem to be getting up again, but she isn't taking any chances.

She points her hands at him.

Bakudo #4: Hainawa!

Ropes of crackling yellow energy fly from Arianna's hands, seeking to wrap themselves around the Hollow and bind him in place.

If that works, Arianna will then take out her reiphone to let command know that she caught one of the Hollows.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Clockwise

The injured Hollow hangs between Ryouma's hands like a doll picked up by a child. It's growing stiff from the cold and on the brink of falling into hibernation. It chuckles at Ryouma's proclamation. "You forgot... about the other two", it says weakly.

---

Railgun station

There's probably a lot less wiring that needs changing than Koutarou thinks. This station was built for firing a railgun, everything here was made to withstand an EMP or two. Someone will get a heart attack when they learn he could find a cable with poor-enough insulation to hop in and out, though. It's a miracle if he didn't set anything fire.

As for the Hollows, they were unaware of Koutarou's electromagnetic abilities. Now, however, they are - precisely because of the flickering lights. They tried to put them on earlier and failed, because the station has no power. That they're alight at all is only possible due to electromagnetic induction caused by Koutarou's presence.

One of the Hollows puts a hand over Sayuri's mouth to stop her from screaming. Three others draw their blades and stab at Koutarou, they really have no reason to wait for him to finish his count. The fifth is out of sight, possibly it walked to the other side of the gun.

---

Gate garrison

Five of the spells are blocked by timely intervention by the perimeter guards, or in one case, by a new Negacion barrier created by the Hollow on top of Masaru's box. One of them hits home, though, striking at the Hollow maintaining the northernmost wall of the prison.

The spell is not strong enough to kill it, or even injure it very badly, but that isn't important - the only thing it needs to do this time, is to make its hand slip away from the barrier for a second. Which it succeeds at, as it knocks the Hollow down, making it fall on its side.

Light fills the inside of the cube as one of its walls vanishes, giving Masaru a way to get out. "Oh bother. Someone's gonna be pissed", the knocked-down Hollow remarks as it jumps up and prepares for the worst.

---

Base of Sokyoku Hill

The chains wrap around the Hollow, no problem. But it soon becomes clear Arianna should've chosen a stronger binding spell.

As she's handling her phone, the Hollow stands up and flexes its arms, causing the binding chain to snap. She can see a black line over its stomach, where her blade hit. So, there was a cut! But it's barely skin deep. The Hollow glares at her and lifts up its mask. Turns out, there's an elderly woman's face underneath. An ugly face.

"Spare your breath. Your already too late", the hag remarks while preparing to draw her sword.

---

[Hueco Mundo]
    Silbern

Feels heavy, the black Arrancar remarks plainly. Its steps certainly sound so too. It's a good thing the castle floor is solid stone, because right now it's putting quite a lot weight on an area no larger than a human foot. I am curious. What do you plan to do with this thing? Break it into pieces and sell it? What was it here for, in the first place? I get a feeling it's not purely ceremonial.

Demetrio looks sour. "No-one's breaking anything", he says with a tone suggesting he will personally murder anyone attempting to commit such sacrilege.

Outside the palace, the two Arrancars have divided into their component souls. There are now a bit over two hundred Hollows rummaging through the garrison buildings and flight hangars. Once they find the clothing storage, they get an idea. They take off their black shirts and Hakama and instead find fitting white ZHE uniforms for themselves. That way, if they come across more Quincies, it will be more convincing when they say they're here to help.

---

White sands

"No, not Hell. Hueco Mundo", the Arrancar corrects. Then it points toward a rocky outcropping to their left. "We ought to get moving. Our siblings are in that direction." It starts walking, expecting Sarah to follow.

It is really dark in here. Just the stars on the night sky provide any light. If the ground wasn't so white, it would be really hard to see the black-clad Arrancar. It is also very, very cold in here. Every time Sarah breathes out, she creates a small cloud of snowflakes.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #363
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Soul Society]
    Clockwise

The injured Hollow hangs between Ryouma's hands like a doll picked up by a child. It's growing stiff from the cold and on the brink of falling into hibernation. It chuckles at Ryouma's proclamation. "You forgot... about the other two", it says weakly.

---

Railgun station

There's probably a lot less wiring that needs changing than Koutarou thinks. This station was built for firing a railgun, everything here was made to withstand an EMP or two. Someone will get a heart attack when they learn he could find a cable with poor-enough insulation to hop in and out, though. It's a miracle if he didn't set anything fire.

As for the Hollows, they were unaware of Koutarou's electromagnetic abilities. Now, however, they are - precisely because of the flickering lights. They tried to put them on earlier and failed, because the station has no power. That they're alight at all is only possible due to electromagnetic induction caused by Koutarou's presence.

One of the Hollows puts a hand over Sayuri's mouth to stop her from screaming. Three others draw their blades and stab at Koutarou, they really have no reason to wait for him to finish his count. The fifth is out of sight, possibly it walked to the other side of the gun.

---
    ((Clockwise))

Ryouma proceeds to rapidly flash-freeze the Hollow's limbs to break them off.

And then he reseals.

"No, I didn't."

Soon enough the little bastard is not being assailed by subzero temperatures anymore. But he also has frostbitten stumps where his limbs used to be.

"The way you ****ers attacked me all at once... you gotta have some means to talk to each other, and I sure as hell don't see any. So, I'm gonna use one 'a ya to find the others.

I haven't had a decent fight in weeks. So I'm gonna hunt each of you down until I get my fill."

Oh, bother.

((The railgun))

Brilliant idea! Let's attack the guy that can turn into living electricity with metal, melee weapons. What could possibly go wrong?

Where Kamen Rider Rei used to stand is now a thunderclone. This one is fairly unusual in that it has three arms instead of two, to better grip the blades with.

"Three."

The Commander-General is quite familiar with this installation. While he didn't oversee the construction proper, he did make it a point to memorize the blueprints - as he did with most facilities in Seireitei. He has studied every profile of every member under his command. He may not know every nook and cranny of the whole complex - that would be next to impossible - but he knows enough about its layouts to understand where one would normally try to hide in case of an emergency.

That's why Sayuri feels the hairs of her arms and the back of her neck stand on end as Rei approaches. His priority had always been the rescue of anyone trapped within the installation. He maneuvers in brief flashes of Shunpou from three different angles towards her and her would-be captor, thanks to his ability to create thunderclones.

Only one is the real Kamen Rider Rei.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #364

Base of Sokyoku Hill

In all honesty, Arianna should've seen that one coming. I mean, it was pretty obvious.

Arianna hops back a bit as the Hollow gets up, her grip tightening on her sword, her eyes yellow eyes narrowing a bit. She watches the mask come off, and while she was surprised by the face underneath, she doesn't show it.

Really? And why is that?

Before waiting for an answer, Arianna quickly lunges forward, aiming to knock the Hollow's weapon away with a strike from her own.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

5. - Top - End - #365
    Colossus in the Playground

White sands

"No, not Hell. Hueco Mundo", the Arrancar corrects. Then it points toward a rocky outcropping to their left. "We ought to get moving. Our siblings are in that direction." It starts walking, expecting Sarah to follow.

It is really dark in here. Just the stars on the night sky provide any light. If the ground wasn't so white, it would be really hard to see the black-clad Arrancar. It is also very, very cold in here. Every time Sarah breathes out, she creates a small cloud of snowflakes.
    Luckily, her armor is an excellent insulator, so she's not exactly freezing right now.

Take me back.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Clockwise

Ryouma finds out that the temperature required to make these creatures' bones significantly brittler is a lot lower than the temperature where their flesh freezes solid. Not that this will stop him, it certainly didn't before, it just means his task is a lot less rapid than he'd like. Neither is the tissue around the Hollow's wounds dead, like you'd expect from a frostbitten human. Not that it matters untill its body has reached normal temperatures.

It takes a while for the Hollow to thaw enough to hear his voice, and a bit longer before it can reply. "Kehehe... you big oaf... I wasn't talking about us", it rasps.

---

Railgun station

Oh, the Hollow shutting Sayuri's mouth isn't doing that to stay hidden, they're both right there in plain sight. It's doing it because have you heard the girl scream? She's like a goddamn air-raid siren!

Neither is Sayuri crying out to be found, our out of fear. Rather, when she begged over the phone for someone to shut down the Storm Projector, she did not expect her superior to practically bring the storm inside the station! There are very few things which might make a lowly intern like her shout at Gotei's Commander-General untill she'd run out of breath. This is among those things. Sayuri's face is turning beet red as she gnaws at the hand of her captor.

The Hollow holding on to her notices its surrounded. It has no idea which of the three attackers is the "real one", nor does it have any interest in finding out. One hand on Sayuri's mouth, it rapidly wraps its other around her waist and then leaps backward, carrying her and the chair she's tied to, trying to duck past all three.

Meanwhile, three other Hollows fight the many-armed thunderclone. They are less concerned with the thought of being electrocuted, as they are with simply having missed their target. On the bright side, if this clone is solid enough to hold on to their blades, it mostly likely is solid enough to be cut by them. It's a good thing it has no instinct of self-preservation, because trying to hold on to the blades of three convulsing opponents with inhuman strength is a great way to be slashed to ribbons.

The fifth Hollow is running around the railgun and flipping every switch and button it finds into "On" position. "Tell me, Ishinomori. Ever heard of Hanlon's razor?", its voice echoes in the room. The closing circuits are creating all sorts of new pathways for induced electric current to traverse. Soon, the flickering light turns deep red and a voice blares through the installation: "WARning... <bzzzt> warNING... <bzzzt>.. UNstabLE eLECtric <bzzzt> inPUT. Please CUT <bzzzt> power IMmediaTEly."

---

Sokyoku Hill

The hag-like Hollow blocks Arianna's lunge and directs her blade down to the ground. Here, with both of its feet solidly on the ground, it's much harder to make it budge. "Who knows. What makes you think I came here alone?" Arianna's phone sounds a familiar alarm. It tells her enemy positions have been updated and new targets have been found. She can feel them, too. A Kumon (= lit. "Sky Gate", a primitive Garganta) has been torn open directly above the Hill. Three Hollows like this one before her.

-----

[Hueco Mundo]
    White Sands

"Sure", the Arrancar says while continuing to head towards the outcropping. After half a dozen steps, it stops and bends it body backwards, so that it's looking at Sarah with its head practically upside down. "Wait, you meant immediately? No dice, Little Miss. We need to rendezvous with our siblings first."

If Sarah looks closely, she can see two human shapes descending down the outcropping. They're harder to see than the Arrancar, because they're wearing white uniforms and hence blend better into the terrain.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Orc in the Playground

[Clockwise]

"Sorry. Don't really care. Now point me towards your buddies who CAN fight. I don't have to make your end swift or painless."

[Railgun station]

"I do. The question is, how stupid are you?"

The voice comes from all three of "him" at once. The Hollow has also underestimated Kamen Rider Rei's intent again. The intent was not to strike, but to circle around him. To surround the hostage-taker.

"Emergency override, authorization KRR-19810511. Grounding protocol on."

The thunderclone feels no pain. It has no conscience and very little feedback save that which its master chooses. Oh, it can be cut, sure. But aside from making it weaker to a point, that doesn't do much except subject the attacker to a violent discharge of electricity. Nonetheless, its hands form blades with which to defend rapidly against the onslaught.

The warnings subside. The lights no longer flicker, mostly because any electricity it intakes no longer circulates that way. Any excess energy is being absorbed by other panels faster than it can be processed by the lightbulbs.

"This weapon has been designed by two of the greatest minds of Soul Society. When you have a superior officer that can single-handedly power such a devastating weapon by himself, surge protection and grounding become much more relevant issues.

This exact situation has been planned for. You lack the expertise and the access to execute your plan. And if you try to harm one hair on my subordinate's head, I assure you - I can provide you with a fate much worse than death."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Clockwise

"... don't care? Gee, and my sibling took such care to just knock them unconscious. It's nice to know we're not the only monsters here"
    , the Hollow rasps and looks at the stumps of its arms. They're slowly starting to bleed. "I'd give you a thumbs-up, but alas."

---

Railgun station

The fifth Hollow keeps flipping on switches. A nice, steady illumination now spreads throughout the facility, with every lamp having been activated. "That would sound impressive if it wasn't so obviously bull****. But it's besides the point. I'm not talking about me. I'm talking about you", the Hollow says dryly.

Three others continue fighting the thunderclone. The discharges of electricity activate a fire-extinquishing protocol and the roof starts raining non-conductive, non-reactive powder on the four of them.

The one with Sayuri, having not been attacked, sneaks towards the ladder down with her under its arm while Koutarou is speaking.

9. - Top - End - #369

[Hueco Mundo]
    White Sands

"Sure", the Arrancar says while continuing to head towards the outcropping. After half a dozen steps, it stops and bends it body backwards, so that it's looking at Sarah with its head practically upside down. "Wait, you meant immediately? No dice, Little Miss. We need to rendezvous with our siblings first."

If Sarah looks closely, she can see two human shapes descending down the outcropping. They're harder to see than the Arrancar, because they're wearing white uniforms and hence blend better into the terrain.
    ...You've made a very powerful enemy tonight, pedophile stalker hollow.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #370

[Sokyoku Hill]

Arianna mentally curses herself as she feels the presence of the new Hollows. She definitely shouldn't have come alone.

Arianna quickly spins herself in the direction her sword was directed, bringing the sword up and around to come at the Hollow from above. She fully expected it to block or dodge, but at least this would keep it busy while she comes up with a plan.

So what are Hollows doing here? What is your goal?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Base of Sokyoku Hill

As far as Arianna can tell, the three new Hollows are not moving any closer. They're just standing there in their portal, high in the sky. What on Earth could they be doing? She can't see them through the hill.

Her spin is succesfull and it cleaves the hag-like Hollow's right shoulder, forcing it to fall on one knee. It's a nice, clean blow. If her opponent was less durable, her blade would've sliced through its collarbone and delivered a mortal blow. Alas, this is not her day. This wound too is just skin-deep.

With its free hand, the Hollow grabs Arianna's blade to prevent her from drawing it back. She can hear it grinding against the steel skin of the Hollow. The hag looks at her with a smirk. "What are we doing here? Well, believe it or not, you Shinigami hired us! Isn't it funny how well that worked out? As for our goals..."

The Hollow stabs up with its Zanpakuto, aiming at Arianna's gut. A long line like that has already given her way too much time to think.

---

[Hueco Mundo]
    White Sands

"Eh, that Menos wasn't that tough. With help from our siblings, we can take it down easily enough." It straightens up and takes a step, but then twirls around and slams its hands on its knees. "Oh. Oh. You meant yourself? Gee, we're very sorry, Little Miss, but that doesn't sound very threatening when you're a whole world away from-"

"...what are you doing?"

The black-clad Arrancar's many eyes focus on the source of the voice. The two human shapes from earlier have reached them. One on the right is built like a tall human male, head and a half taller than Sarah, while the second on the left is apparently female and half a head taller than her. They're both wearing a white military outfit and black marching boots. Both also have Hollow masks. The man's is like a rectangular mockery of a human skull, while the woman's resembles a praying mantis.

"Oh, hello there! We were wondering where you were!" The Arrancar points at Sarah. "We found a kitten! Can we keep it, pwetty pwease?"

The Hollows in uniform look at the Arrancar, then they look at Sarah. The woman speaks: "... they mean to ask if you want to come with us. The alternative is being left out here to be found by the Armada, or worse."
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2016-02-26 at 08:55 AM.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Clockwise

"... don't care? Gee, and my sibling took such care to just knock them unconscious. It's nice to know we're not the only monsters here"
    , the Hollow rasps and looks at the stumps of its arms. They're slowly starting to bleed. "I'd give you a thumbs-up, but alas."

---

Railgun station

The fifth Hollow keeps flipping on switches. A nice, steady illumination now spreads throughout the facility, with every lamp having been activated. "That would sound impressive if it wasn't so obviously bull****. But it's besides the point. I'm not talking about me. I'm talking about you", the Hollow says dryly.

Three others continue fighting the thunderclone. The discharges of electricity activate a fire-extinquishing protocol and the roof starts raining non-conductive, non-reactive powder on the four of them.

The one with Sayuri, having not been attacked, sneaks towards the ladder down with her under its arm while Koutarou is speaking.
    [Clockwise]

"Cry me a river, but at least point out which way your buddies went with your tears."

[A Certain Scientific Railgun]

"You don't want to test that theory." Kamen Rider Rei warns.

The sneaky Hollow bumps into... a wall. Or at least it feels like one. But he can't see anything, so what's the deal?

Oh, right. It's an electromagnetic field. Only it's "solid" enough to keep them from passing. Apparently, the Commander-General decided to make more practical use of an otherwise defensive feature of his abilities.

"I don't have anyone who's related to me by blood. I have no one who shares my bedchambers.

Because of that, I hold each and every soul in Gotei with the love I would spare for them as if they were my family. And my mercy only extends to those who don't hurt my family."

Why does it suddenly feel like gravity has increased in this room? Something's pulling that Hollow down.

As for the thunderclone, well. Change of tactics.

It spins out of the way as the powder starts raining. It cannot be affected by it, of course - not in any real way. But its master wants his opponents to think that way.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Clockwise

"Why... in the name of your King... would I do that...?", the Hollow replies weakly. It has lost a lot of blood. Ryouma might realize that if he wants it to live for longer than a minute, he needs to put it back in ice and take it to someone who can fix its blood loss.

---

Railgun station

The sneaky Hollow feels the "wall" with its toe and does some math in its head. If it was to discard its zanpakuto, it would be able to get through the field, as its own body is not ferromagnetic. However, it does not know for certain what ferromagnetic objects Sayuri might have in her clothes. Due to inverse square law, trying to power through a field this strong would send any such items flying at, shall we say, interesting speeds. Or induce enough electricity in them to melt them. Either way, even one such object would mean certain death to her.

Meanwhile, the three Hollows who were fighting the thunderclone take some steps back and wait with the cloud of powder between them. They don't actually believe mere fire repellent would do anything to such strong electrical anomaly - but they certainly wouldn't mind Koutarou believing they do.

The fifth Hollow notes the apparent increase in its weight, but it's not strong enough for it to be bothered by it. Not yet. "Oh, really? You want to lock that answer?" Having run out of switches to flip and buttons to press, it steps into Koutarou's view, having circled the room. It's on the opposite side of the electromagnetic barrier to the one carrying Sayuri.

"There's a saying that 'any military officer who claims to never having dreamed of performing a coup d'État is lying'." In truth, it came up with that just now. "There was never any risk of us shooting this thing before you came here. You're the only one in the city who can power this weapon, but you're not the only who could've taken us down without casualties. Yet, you chose to come here personally. The only real point to that is if you want to fire this thing. With the power in those electric automatons, you get one free shot. So how about it?" It traces an octagon, the symbol of Central 46, with its hands. "One nice, clean shot and BOOM! No more ossified politicians with their obstructive bureaucracy. You get to announce martial law. Hold a new vote, cede power to people who really deserve it. Best thing? You get to pin it all on us. Maintain plausible deniability, gain zero accountability. It'd be crime of the century! You know. For Great Justice."

Decisions, decisions.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2016-02-26 at 12:18 PM.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Orc in the Playground

[Clockwise]

"Do I look like I care for your motivations? What I care is for what I want."

Ryouma knows what death by blood loss looks like. He's inflicted it many times. He's also killed a lot of Hollows, and he's actually surprised this one doesn't seem to be regenerating. At all.

Regardless, he could always use a new pet. So he decides to focus his Reiatsu in order to close up the wounds on this guy.

"I'm gonna call you Stumpy."

[Railgun Station]

"Every family has members you don't like. Doesn't mean you get to murder them." Kamen Rider Rei responds swiftly.

"I have one of history's most talented assassins on my employ. I have the power to send Seireitei back to the Dark Ages technology-wise by means of atomic detonation on a personal level. And I command a level a level of loyalty on my subordinates the likes of which has carried me to my current post on momentum alone in spite of my idealistic levels of leadership.

I can do better than a half-assed coup if I put my mind to it. Besides, every coup is followed by a period of instability - which we cannot afford right now.

Now, kindly disappear, if you would."

Two lances of crackling lightning shoot out from the barrier, aimed at the hostage-taker's knees. The feeling of increased gravity is spreading to the other Hollows on this room as well.

It appears that when they struck the thunderclone, they were magnetized somehow, and their foe is now using his command of an EM Field to weight them down.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #375

"Eh, that Menos wasn't that tough. With help from our siblings, we can take it down easily enough." It straightens up and takes a step, but then twirls around and slams its hands on its knees. "Oh. Oh. You meant yourself? Gee, we're very sorry, Little Miss, but that doesn't sound very threatening when you're a whole world away from-"

"...what are you doing?"

The black-clad Arrancar's many eyes focus on the source of the voice. The two human shapes from earlier have reached them. One on the right is built like a tall human male, head and a half taller than Sarah, while the second on the left is apparently female and half a head taller than her. They're both wearing a white military outfit and black marching boots. Both also have Hollow masks. The man's is like a rectangular mockery of a human skull, while the woman's resembles a praying mantis.

"Oh, hello there! We were wondering where you were!" The Arrancar points at Sarah. "We found a kitten! Can we keep it, pwetty pwease?"

The Hollows in uniform look at the Arrancar, then they look at Sarah. The woman speaks: "... they mean to ask if you want to come with us. The alternative is being left out here to be found by the Armada, or worse."
    ...It stalked me and kidnapped me and said sexually charged comments directed at me. I would like nothing more than to feed it it's own face. Make of that what you will.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Clockwise

Ryouma's surprise is natural. He has barely any clue as to the origin of the creature. When it and its fellows were still a single being, they were made into an Arrancar and all the power a Menos might use for high-speed regeneration was traded for improved offense and defense. The same set of abilities which allowed it to last this long means it can't recover from these wounds without help. "... Stumpy? Meh... beats... Nanashi..., the Hollow mumbles. Then it falls into hibernation. It really isn't useful for anything like this.

---

Railgun station

The lightning bolts heat up bones of the Hollow carrying Sayuri, practically welding the hinges of its joints together so it can't move. Sayuri screams through the hand clasping her mouth, kicking furiously. As a result of thermodynamics, the Hollow's body is now quite hot and she's in uncomfortably close contact with it.

The Hollow who was doing the talking sighs and presses a button on the Reiphone it had hidden in its clothes, stopping recording the conversation. "Meh. Stupidity it is then. Still, it's something." It presses another button, sending the recorded audio to the mailing list of Shinigami Women's Association. It's a complete crapshoot if the signal will get through, the whole device might burst in flames any second now, but it's worth it for the gesture.

The Hollow covered in fire repellent look at each other. They hardly expected Koutarou to be capable of harnessing so much power that diamagnetic properties of their bodies would become a problem. But: "Seriously now? You have any idea how many Teslas you need to throw around before it stops us?", one of them shouts, taking off its mask - there's scarred face of an older man underneath. Sort of looks like Al Pacino, covered in flour. "You could've just fenced us to death with fraction of the energy! Show-off!" He spits at the feet of the many-armed thunderclone.

The other two take swings at the insulated paneling of the railgun and nearby controlling equipment. They're both glowing red with power. They might as well tear apart everything they can get their hands on before going down.

((OOC: it's your call, Kurou, if the phone message gets through))

Spoiler: Translated song lyrics
    Show
    We are as in a hearse
    Lying hand in hand
    Ground rattles under the wheels
    The dynamo pushes us in the night

Human cancer, heart cancer
    Maybe heart cancer took our lives
    But the voltage was left as our lifestring

Treads nothing
    Goes in circles
    Dynamo animatingly electrifies

Throw spanners in our works
    Remove all three wheels
    Heart-attacks and funerals
    The way down is a great shortcut

When reason for
    the journey clarifies
    Even perpetual motion stops

We'd drift to opposing poles
    Away from magic magnets
    Drop us off as our time comes
    It's okay
    This must end

So aim for your goal
    Abandon all else
    And so perpetual motion stops

---

[Hueco Mundo]
    White Sands

"... that's not an answer.", the man says. Sarah might notice these Hollows are carrying swords as well. "This is a warzone, or will soon become one. Make up your mind now, or starve on the sands."

"Oooh, that's harsh", the black-clad Arrancar remarks, having forced itself between the two Hollows. It throws an arm around the shoulders of both of its comrades and hangs from them. "Be gentle, this is her first time. Anyways, what's with the new clothes? We National Socialists now? Is there going to be a beer party? Do we get to invade Austria?"

"... the correct term is Quincies. Of Der Zerreißen Himmel Entwicklung. We exists to exorcise spectres of the grave and to topple the unjust system of fake Heaven and Hell perpetuated by Shinigami. It's all in the brochure", the woman recounts laconically, while taking a folded piece of paper from her breast pocket and handing it to the Arrancar. Since it doesn't take it, she offers it towards Sarah instead. "Also, from the sound of it, we already invaded Las Noches. And lost. So we're performing a strategic retreat."

AKA fleeing.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2016-02-26 at 04:07 PM.

17. - Top - End - #377

[Soul Society]
    Base of Sokyoku Hill

Arianna made note of the other Hollows. Why were they just standing there? She'd have to look into that later. Right now, she needed to focus on the sword trying to skewer her.

Not wanting to let go of her sword, Arianna twists to her right, letting the blade pass in front of her now. At the same time, she pulls on her sword hard, and brings her wing up to smack the Hollow. She's hoping both of those actions will cause it to let go of her sword.

Keep talking. Your goal. What is it?

She wasn't even gonna think about asking for more information on the first point. She'd check with Command about that later.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

18. - Top - End - #378
    Orc in the Playground

[Clockwise]

Of course it does. What kind of stupid names is "no-name" anyway?

Hmmm. Looks like Ryouma won't be getting any more info out of this guy. But maybe Gotei will want to question him or something.

Come to think of it, wasn't there a couple of numbskull Shinigami that got themselves knocked out before he started having fun? He should probably pick those up too.

"*Sigh* What a pain in the ass."

[The Railgun Station]

Surprisingly, despite the interference, the signal goes through as a very interesting recording proceeds to make its rounds through the Shinigami Women's Association.

No doubt the consequences for their Commander-General will be dire. But that's not foremost to his mind right now.

Taking advantage of the unimaginable pain the other Hollow must be feeling, Kamen Rider Rei snatches Saiyuri from his arms in a bridal carry. For doing so in Shunpou, he's surprisingly delicate in his handling.

"Are you hurt?" He briefly asks before setting her down, and facing his attackers.

"You know what, you're right."

He snaps his fingers. The pressure upon them suddenly increases a thousandfold. Due to their resilience, they'll live just long enough to discover themselves crushed into the ground by their own weight and that of their Zanpakutous, stabbing their remains as they melt under the outpour of energy. The installation should remain mostly undamaged after this, thanks to the aforementioned precautions.

Only one of them remains alive, but he has neither a route nor a means of escape.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #379

[Soul Society]
    Clockwise

Ryouma's surprise is natural. He has barely any clue as to the origin of the creature. When it and its fellows were still a single being, they were made into an Arrancar and all the power a Menos might use for high-speed regeneration was traded for improved offense and defense. The same set of abilities which allowed it to last this long means it can't recover from these wounds without help. "... Stumpy? Meh... beats... Nanashi..., the Hollow mumbles. Then it falls into hibernation. It really isn't useful for anything like this.

---

Railgun station

The lightning bolts heat up bones of the Hollow carrying Sayuri, practically welding the hinges of its joints together so it can't move. Sayuri screams through the hand clasping her mouth, kicking furiously. As a result of thermodynamics, the Hollow's body is now quite hot and she's in uncomfortably close contact with it.

The Hollow who was doing the talking sighs and presses a button on the Reiphone it had hidden in its clothes, stopping recording the conversation. "Meh. Stupidity it is then. Still, it's something." It presses another button, sending the recorded audio to the mailing list of Shinigami Women's Association. It's a complete crapshoot if the signal will get through, the whole device might burst in flames any second now, but it's worth it for the gesture.

The Hollow covered in fire repellent look at each other. They hardly expected Koutarou to be capable of harnessing so much power that diamagnetic properties of their bodies would become a problem. But: "Seriously now? You have any idea how many Teslas you need to throw around before it stops us?", one of them shouts, taking off its mask - there's scarred face of an older man underneath. Sort of looks like Al Pacino, covered in flour. "You could've just fenced us to death with fraction of the energy! Show-off!" He spits at the feet of the many-armed thunderclone.

The other two take swings at the insulated paneling of the railgun and nearby controlling equipment. They're both glowing red with power. They might as well tear apart everything they can get their hands on before going down.

((OOC: it's your call, Kurou, if the phone message gets through))

Spoiler: Translated song lyrics
    Show
    We are as in a hearse
    Lying hand in hand
    Ground rattles under the wheels
    The dynamo pushes us in the night

But the voltage was left as our lifestring

Treads nothing
    Goes in circles
    Dynamo animatingly electrifies

Throw spanners in our works
    Remove all three wheels
    Heart-attacks and funerals
    The way down is a great shortcut

When reason for
    the journey clarifies
    Even perpetual motion stops

We'd drift to opposing poles
    Away from magic magnets
    Drop us off as our time comes
    It's okay
    This must end

So aim for your goal
    Abandon all else
    And so perpetual motion stops

---

[Hueco Mundo]
    White Sands

"... that's not an answer.", the man says. Sarah might notice these Hollows are carrying swords as well. "This is a warzone, or will soon become one. Make up your mind now, or starve on the sands."

"Oooh, that's harsh", the black-clad Arrancar remarks, having forced itself between the two Hollows. It throws an arm around the shoulders of both of its comrades and hangs from them. "Be gentle, this is her first time. Anyways, what's with the new clothes? We National Socialists now? Is there going to be a beer party? Do we get to invade Austria?"

"... the correct term is Quincies. Of Der Zerreißen Himmel Entwicklung. We exists to exorcise spectres of the grave and to topple the unjust system of fake Heaven and Hell perpetuated by Shinigami. It's all in the brochure", the woman recounts laconically, while taking a folded piece of paper from her breast pocket and handing it to the Arrancar. Since it doesn't take it, she offers it towards Sarah instead. "Also, from the sound of it, we already invaded Las Noches. And lost. So we're performing a strategic retreat."

AKA fleeing.
    If I go with you, can I kill this jackass?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Soul Society]
    [Gate Garrison]
    [Soul Society]
    Gate garrison

Five of the spells are blocked by timely intervention by the perimeter guards, or in one case, by a new Negacion barrier created by the Hollow on top of Masaru's box. One of them hits home, though, striking at the Hollow maintaining the northernmost wall of the prison.

The spell is not strong enough to kill it, or even injure it very badly, but that isn't important - the only thing it needs to do this time, is to make its hand slip away from the barrier for a second. Which it succeeds at, as it knocks the Hollow down, making it fall on its side.

Light fills the inside of the cube as one of its walls vanishes, giving Masaru a way to get out. "Oh bother. Someone's gonna be pissed", the knocked-down Hollow remarks as it jumps up and prepares for the worst.
    You know, it's a funny thing, light and shadow. Fickle, even. For a fleeting moment, all that Hollow can see is a cube of pitch black, before light starts to filter in and wash away the shadow...

And then, even as the sounds of running feet are heard, three metallic cylinders and one glob of something that looks, at a glance, like nothing so much as slick tar fall gently to the ground right in front of the opening.

The cylinders erupt in thick black smoke that floats to the top of the cube of Negacion, shading the inside once more.
    The "glob" turns out to be a lobbed Kido (likely a Hado of some sort) that erupts in a cloying cloud of shadow, turning the inside of the cube pitch-black again.

But this time, one of its sides is gone.

Even as several squads of Combat Division show up, some flinging spells, the rest racing forward with swords, the shadows....stir.

And then, the whole thing erupts forward toward the Hollow on the ground, the mass of darkness taking the shape, at least for a few moments, of a primitive dragon's head, its maw looking to encase, engulf, and destroy the Hollow.

And as the Pack begins weaving a complicated dance of their own, fresh soldiers constantly shifting positions and stances and angles of attack on foes they outnumber and, collectively, likely match or exceed the power of, the Captain of the Combat Division begins to make his displeasure known to those soul-eating monsters within his reach and power.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Clockwise

Bulk and Skull can be found lying unconscious in the rubble at the start of Ryouma's trail of destruction. They were spared from the worst, but they're still hypothermic and in need of immediate medical attention. If Ryouma heads straight for nearest Gate hospital with them, they should be fine.

---

Railgun station

The crushing, the Hollows might have survived. Their own red-hot swords pinning them into the ground, not so much. More fire repellent rains on them as their remains burn away, leaving behind four pools of slag. Sayuri's phone is also reduced to toxic fumes and ash.

Sayuri has first degree burns around her midriif and mouth. She also has scratching on her face from the grip of the Hollow. It could be much worse, though. The Hollow could've crushed her waist and head when convulsing from pain. Now, with nothing to hold her voice back, she shouts: "Right? Right?? Right?!? You say he's right you came here so you could make yourself look good?!? What's wrong with you!?!" Her face is red, with tears at the corners of her eyes, and sounds pretty distraught.

The last Hollow tries to stand up. Ever watched a man try to stand when their legs are in a plaster cast? It's quite like that. Only the "cast" is inside their body, rather than outside. "Hah, what a shame that didn't get on record." Koutarou can feel Reiatsu building up inside the Hollow. It is charging up a Cero. It can't turn to face him and her, but it could blow a hole to the side of the station if Koutarou doesn't act quickly.

---

Gate garrison

Earlier, the Hollows could keep up with Masaru because they had twenty pairs of eyes trained on a single man. Now each of ten remaining is forced to track at least two. The rest of the cube vanishes as the four Hollows still maintaining it give up and join the fight. A series of crunching sounds echoes through the air as the dragon head chews on the tripped Hollow.

The Hollows are fearsome opponents, but they've ran out of reinforcements. It doesn't take long before the barrage of spells and maneuvering by close combatants corners and eradicates all but two of them. The Pack now has their last two enemies chased to an intersection of two buildings. They're stalling for time by maintaining barriers where the buildings don't block the way, but they're open to attack from above.

At last, the ball is firmly in Shinigami hands. Now it's just a matter of deciding what to do with these two, kill or capture? Despite multiple oppurtunities, none of the Hollows have blown themselves up. They've just fought themselves to exhaustion or death.

---

Base of Sokyoku Hill

The wing slams against the Hollow and throws it on its back. Arianna's sword is free again. The hag rolls backwards to get on its feet and pulls its mask back down. "You know, that's a really good question", the Hollow says as it swings at her. "But for the life of me, I can't figure out why you'd expect anyone to answer in middle of combat." Oooh, another long line. The Hollow really should focus more on fighting than talking. Maybe Arianna, too.

Sokyouku Hill is the highest spot in Seireitei, save for the Tower of Penitence connected to it. As such, it's really hard to see what's going on on top of it from anywhere in the city. But if someone could take a look at it from the air or really far away, the could see a thin, yellow pillar of light reaching down from the sky. Arianna's phone is ringing with another warning tone now, telling her someone is utilizing a space-warping technique nearby.

------

[Hueco Mundo]
    White Sands

The white-clad Hollows stare at Sarah.

"No."
    "No."

Then they shrug off the hugging arms of their black-clad comrade and turn away.

"... we're done here. Get yourselves together and follow", the man remarks coldly to the Arrancar. The woman puts the folded brochure back in her pocket, since Sarah didn't take it. The Arrancar look at Sarah, shrugs, and turns to leave as well. They'll climb over the outcropping and vanish into the valley beyond, heading for Silbern. She better make up her mind of whether to tag along.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Orc in the Playground

[Clockwise]

Oh, right. Ryouma sometimes forgets not everybody has his thick skin. Some people are actually affected by the cold.

In any case, he heads out to the gate hospital. Let's hope THAT didn't crumble either.

[Railgun station]

"I'm saying he's right because he's got a point."

The desperate attempt to destroy something before he goes down is countered by another barrier - this one wrapped firmly around the Hollow. It is strong enough to contain the destructive power of the Cero completely... making the Hollow essentially blow himself up unless he realizes what's going on before firing.

"I could have ordered someone else here. I know at least two men that could've retaken this facility without risking casualties by themselves. I could have delegated.

I could have also spent much less energy in doing so. The part that he's wrong about is the one where I did it to make myself look good. You see, their minds are linked. I wanted to send a message.

I will not tolerate anyone who attacks these hallowed grounds any longer. I will not stand idly by and simply send soldiers to suffer and die for objectives I could have accomplished myself. I am a leader in part because I have the power to do so, and that power has a purpose.

We are the Gotei - the Imperial Guard. We are here to protect people. And that is a directive that goes double - no, tenfold for me."

Overall, it's a better explanation than "everyone was engaged in combat already and I was the closest asset available to retake the station, you're welcome."

Kamen Rider Rei decides to make a quick call. "This is the Commander-General. The railgun station is secure once again. I need a status report and a medical officer sent here, we have injured. Send whatever nearby squad that isn't engaged in combat to guard the station."
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2016-02-27 at 08:44 AM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #383

The girl rolls her eyes, the follows.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Soul Society]
    [Gate Garrison/Running Battle]
    [Soul Society]
    Gate garrison

Earlier, the Hollows could keep up with Masaru because they had twenty pairs of eyes trained on a single man. Now each of ten remaining is forced to track at least two. The rest of the cube vanishes as the four Hollows still maintaining it give up and join the fight. A series of crunching sounds echoes through the air as the dragon head chews on the tripped Hollow.

The Hollows are fearsome opponents, but they've ran out of reinforcements. It doesn't take long before the barrage of spells and maneuvering by close combatants corners and eradicates all but two of them. The Pack now has their last two enemies chased to an intersection of two buildings. They're stalling for time by maintaining barriers where the buildings don't block the way, but they're open to attack from above.

At last, the ball is firmly in Shinigami hands. Now it's just a matter of deciding what to do with these two, kill or capture? Despite multiple opportunities, none of the Hollows have blown themselves up. They've just fought themselves to exhaustion or death.
    Several of the Pack have themselves outside the Negacion barriers, keeping the Hollows focused on them, peppering the shields with sword blows and spells.

Which hopefully allows Captain Masaru's sudden assault to strike with surprise.

A flurry of binding Bakudo suddenly lash out at one of the Hollows, even as its own shadow has seeped up around its feet and legs to keep it from moving anywhere.

The other Hollow is less fortunate; Masaru himself appears in a flurry of blade and cloth, his personal haori flapping in the wind over his Captain's uniform, his hat casting shade over his face, and his curved blades weaving a deadly pattern of steel.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

25. - Top - End - #385

Soul Society
    Base of Sokyoku Hill

Arianna jumps back a bit as the Hollow swings at her, letting its blade slice through the air in front of her. She heard her reiphone go off again, telling her of somebody possibly opening a gate of some kind nearby. She had a pretty good guess as to who, and where.

I figured it was worth a shot to ask.

Instead of retaliating, Arianna jumps up, and with a few powerful strokes from her wings, takes to the sky. Now she heads for the top of the hill. It seems that the three Hollows there haven't moved from their earlier spot. But, odds are good that the yellow pillar she now sees was created by them.

She soars towards them, hoping to interrupt whatever they're doing.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

26. - Top - End - #386
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    Silbern

Feels heavy, the black Arrancar remarks plainly. Its steps certainly sound so too. It's a good thing the castle floor is solid stone, because right now it's putting quite a lot weight on an area no larger than a human foot. I am curious. What do you plan to do with this thing? Break it into pieces and sell it? What was it here for, in the first place? I get a feeling it's not purely ceremonial.

Demetrio looks sour. "No-one's breaking anything", he says with a tone suggesting he will personally murder anyone attempting to commit such sacrilege.

Outside the palace, the two Arrancars have divided into their component souls. There are now a bit over two hundred Hollows rummaging through the garrison buildings and flight hangars. Once they find the clothing storage, they get an idea. They take off their black shirts and Hakama and instead find fitting white ZHE uniforms for themselves. That way, if they come across more Quincies, it will be more convincing when they say they're here to help.
    "Breaking it, are you going to suggest eating it next? It's not ceremonial, it has value, and that value is not in selling it." Torahiko can't match the sheer intent behind Demetrio's words, even though he seems to approve of his companion's threat. "Besides, I said it belonged on earth, ideally in my care for the time to come." It would at least stay relatively safe in his possession until he can find another group of Quincy. Were there any more of them? It occurs to him that the now defeated army may have represented the last of the them.
    "Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination."

Baking werewolf by Diremage
    Spoiler: Oddly true
    Show
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Beastly Squall avatar by linklele. Awesome Protean avatar by Serpentine.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    East Gate Hospital

Since the Hollows were running clockwise, the East Gate Hospital is closer to Ryouma than the Monastery. The wounded from the Northern gate garrison are also there. They take in Bulk and Skull, no problem. Ryouma himself has to stay outside, the doors really aren't big enough for him to fit in. Most Shinigami are human-sized and this place built according to that.

What to do with "Stumpy" causes some confusion among the hospital staff. One nurse just stares at the maimed, frozen Hollow as if Ryouma just carted in a barrel full of nitroglycerin. Another examines Ryouma's own wounds, noting the bruises from the Balas, the cut across his body, and the puncture wound near his lung. "Sir, it appears you are in need of some treatment. Would you please place the Hollow right there?"

"Right there" sounds a lot like "as far away from me as possible".

---

Gate garrison

The Hollows are faced with something of a Catch-22. The first could break its bindings, the second could dodge or block Masaru. But doing those would mean letting in all the spells and swords of the Pack, which would keep them from effectively fighting Masaru.

The Hollow Masaru is attacking lifts its sword to block his blows, but only catches one sword - the other hits the hand maintaining the barrier, knocking it off and causing the barrier to vanish. Immediately after, it is hit by three low-level Hado, which make it lose balance, letting Masaru strike at its neck. Bleeding and its mask shattered, it is trampled to the ground by the Captain.

The other one strains against its bindings, but having its hand bound makes it lose grip of its barrier as well. A volley of Kido and a number of sword blows strike against it and knock it against the wall. The spells binding it are cracked, but its feet are still stuck and it appears unconscious. Masaru gets to bag this one and take it home, if he's so inclined.

---

Railgun station

In response to Koutarou's query, SSI informs a trauma team and new set of guards will be coming over to the station via monorail in roughly five minutes. He's also informed that the fighting has largely died out in the city. Two Hollows are still on the run in the Eastern quadrant of the city, with IntSec trailing them. There's an on-going situation above and around Sokyoku Hill, with Arianna Junrin taking care of it.

Some of the Hollows who are out of the fight are still alive. A giant Shinigami has taken one of them to the East Gate Hospital. One has been found frozen solid from a scene of devastation, and no-one's quite sure if it's dead or alive. Another uncertain case is buried under a collapsed building where the the thunder clones first engaged the enemies. And of course, the Arrancar Momoka bound is still lying on the HQ doorstep, pinned down by five pillars of iron.

As for other matters, Takenaka Chouko has returned with a captured, high-profile Cult member!

Sayuri looks at the Hollow still in the station and gasps. It's starting to glow bright orange. "Commander... I think you want to take that outside."

Ceros, being manifestation of raw Reiatsu, are not proper matter. Hence, they have no magnetic properties either. If the Hollow fires it, its body might turn into a cloud of pressurized plasma, but the energy itself won't vanish or be absorbed into the electromagnetic field. It would just sit there, inside a magnetized bottle made of the Hollow's ashes, waiting for the time when Koutarou finally runs out of energy. In short: Koutarou's turning it into a timebomb. He might be control of the timer, but the facility isn't truly secure before it is gone.

---

Sokyoku Hill

As Arianna soars past the edge of the Sokyoku Hill, she gets a clear picture what's going on. The three-sided yellow pillar is a normal Negacion. It extends down from a tear in the sky high above the Hill. The Hollows have not moved, partly because they have to stay put to maintain the field, partly because they would plummet embarrassingly if they were to step into Reishi-scarce environment of Seireitei.

The field is enveloping the Sokyoku Halberd. The pillar digs into the ground around it, and slowly, the halberd begins to rise, being drawn towards the Kumon.

Gotei's field manual is pretty clear on what a Shinigami is supposed to do when seeing Negacion: give up. Indeed, for an average trooper there'd be little they could do, with airwalking being impossible within the Shakonmaku. But Arianna is not "an average trooper". She has wings. She can fly up and into the Kumon.

The Hollow at the base of the Sokyoku Hill is aware of this. Peeved that it couldn't keep Arianna locked down for longer, it aims its finger at her and starts firing Balas. A red flash zooms towards Arianna, and then another as the Hollow tries to clip her wings before the Hill blocks its line of fire.

-----

[Hueco Mundo]
    Silbern

At this point, as Torahiko and Demetrio walk down the halls with the black Arrancar, two humanoid Hollows wearing uniforms of ZHE Quincies cross their path, coming from a corridor to their right. The faceless black Arrancar halts. What's with those clothes?"

The Hollow on the right salutes. "We found some excess uniforms lying around. Thought we'd look less like hostile interlopers when wearing the same colors."

The black Arrancar nods. Sounds plausible.

The Hollow on the left tilts its head and look at the cross it's carrying. "So, what's with the cross? Trying to renact Passion of the Christ?"

The heavy silver cross on the Arrancar's shoulders sways as it shrugs at the comment. I'm pretty sure I look more like the Devil. Let's get outside and see what the others found.

The Hollows march out of Silbern's gates, with the Arrancar following them with heavy steps. They expect Torahiko and Demetrio to follow. Demetrio looks at Torahiko for guidance.

Meanwhile, Sarah arrives on the yard too with the many-eyed Arrancar and the two other Hollows. What she sees is quite a change from the open desert behind. There's a large, silvery palace covered in rime and icicles ahead of them, casting an eerie light on everything nearby. Before the palace, to her left and right, there are also garrison buildings and airplane hangars. It looks like a military depot large enough to supply a whole brigade.

Amidst the buildings, dozens of Hollows are carrying stuff towards a supply truck parked next to one of the hangards. Some of them are standing in formation nearby, while yet others are trying to get a disheveled group to line up. If Sarah looks closely, she can see this smaller group is apparently composed of other, living humans! They're wearing similar uniforms to the Hollows, but their uniforms are dirtied, occasionally bloodsoaked and many of them appear wounded. She can hear sobs coming from some of them even from this far. Sad, is the best term for describing them. They're all also pretty young - if Sarah gets closer, she might realize they're just 17 or 18 years old, the majority of them.

She might also see a black-skinned and black-clad humanoid with no face and horns growing from its forehead descending the steps of the palace while carrying a silver cross glowing with blue light.

If Torahiko and Demetrio get close to the group of returned Quincies, they can recognize many of them. These are some of the same people who Torahiko trained with! They're depressed, due to having lost to Las Noches, and horrified by the situation.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Orc in the Playground

[East Gate Garrison]

"Huh? Oh."

It occurs to the doctor that his patient is LITERALLY dumb enough not to understand how hurt he is. That puncture wound in his lung looks deep. How he was able to actually get around with it, much less ignore it altogether is a mystery for the ages.

"You mean Stumpy? He's kinda like a snake. Lost a lot of blood, but he's pretty harmless if you throw him into a freezer or something. He's going to be my pet from now on, so make sure he lives at least, okay? You can always interrogate him later."

[The Railgun Station]

So many reports, so little time to answer. He'll have to make sure it's all done swiftly once he's out of here.

"If it'll put your mind at ease."

Funny thing about Kamen Rider Rei's lightning. It doesn't behave like actual lightning in many respects. His suits aren't just a quirk of his Zanpakutou being whimsical for aesthetics; they're composed of solidified energy.

The same could be said of the electromagnetics fields his defensive forms generate. They're not meant to act strictly as electromagnetic fields should, but rather as barriers with spiritual electromagnetic and particle-like properties that, to an extent, he controls. His subordinate raises a valid point, though - the Cero has enough destructive capability that it might burst through.

"Stand back.

RIDER..."

The field around the Hollow grows more solid and round, diminishing his available space. Rei's stance grows lower as his leg glows and sparks with dark and blue energy.

"...CHOUDENJI SHOOT!!"

Rei suddenly launches into the air, spinning at impossible speeds as his entire body is enveloped in lightning, which has him kicking the Hollow within the field an uncountable number of times, accompanied by electric silhouettes and sending him flying out the building entirely through a nearby window.

Kamen Rider Rei lands opposite to where he launched from, his spinning ending with one foot forward. He snaps his fingers.

Off in the distance, in the skies of Seireitei, the barrier he encased the Hollow in implodes. It's a pretty sight.

"Hope he made up his list of sins. Hell ill abides long lines."
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2016-02-29 at 10:13 AM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #389

Silborn

Sarah keeps looking either for the hollow who brought her here or for somebody to explain what the hell's going on.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #390

Soul Society
    Sokyoku Hill

Arianna is simply amazed that the Hollows were attempting such a deed. Why? Why were they attempting to steal that?

She'd have to dwell on the later. For now, she needed to concentrate of the Balas flying towards her.

Arianna tilts her wings and dives a bit, easily avoiding the projectiles. She might not be very strong in combat, but she prided herself on her flying capabilities. Not that she would easily admit it, but she liked going to the Mortal World and watching what the humans called "airshows". She actually pulled some ideas from them.

Seeing that there were three Hollows maintaining the Kumon, Arianna had a good idea on how to stop them. As she speeds towards them, she holds her sword in front of her with both hands gripping the middle of the blade.

Hunt our enemies down! Washi no Tsume!

The sword glows, and the ends of it start to widen and curve out. In a moment, where she was holding a sword, Arianna now holds a pair of hand axes, each with a feather dangling from the handle.

Arianna throws both axes in front of her, controlling their movements with her reiatsu. She aims them at two different Hollows, while she aims herself at the third. She tries to time it so all three are hit simultaneously.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS