New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Erfworld battlefield layout?

Dwagons are faster (according to Ansom) and I think have 72 move... but I might just be making that up.
    Creator of the "It's Xykon, not Xylon, Zykon, Zylon..." Association. To join, copy-paste this into your sig and give urself a title.

Legendary Hero of the Church of Link's Hat

Bard of the Azure City Resistance!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary View Post
    Dwagons are faster (according to Ansom) and I think have 72 move... but I might just be making that up.
    Ansom doesn't specifically say that dwagons are faster, just that they're the exception to Jillian's ability to "get through the trees untouched". That could mean that dwagons are faster (indeed, that's the simplest interpretation), or it could mean that, in the turn-based combat mechanics of Erfworld, they can force an engagement if they find Jillian after she ends turn (as they did) regardless of which unit is faster.
    Last edited by SteveMB; 2007-04-14 at 03:23 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Scientivore View Post
    That's just a sepia-tone closeup of the Magic Kingdom.
    Hmm, right, there are 8 gates, not 6.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

I don't know of course, but I would say, it's squares, not hexes. Of all strategy games I've played, the mechanics of Erfworld resemble those of the Warlords series (Warlords III perhaps, as the layout of Gobwin Knob and the razed city seen from above resemble those in the game), and there they use squares. Even the movement points of the units are in the same range, as are Bogrolls stats if you compare him to ogres, trolls or the like.

Well, thinking about it, it could also be Age of Wonders II, as this game also uses stacks of max. 8 units, heroes, etc. but also tactical maps for the fighting. We will see at the first real battle.
    Last edited by Complex; 2007-04-16 at 10:55 AM.