New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Default [3.5] Any suggestions on what to Multi-class with?

So I am currently playing in a campaign with some friends and want to use this opportunity to play around a bit. The group is really really really un-optimized so I can get away with playing silly builds that would normally drag the entire party down (actually retired a DMM Cleric because I didn't realize how low OP they were and my cleric was way too good).

We have:
    -5th level Sorcerer (poor-decent spell selection, likes to blast and cast grease)
    -5th level Binder (usually binds same vestige every day, the one that can cast lighting bolt)
    -5th level Warblade (most optimized of the group but even then he shot for lower than average for some fun)
    -5th level swordsage (similar optimization as the warblade)

-Myself: 4th level Bard who just gained a level. I have weapon Finesse, Improved Disarm and a whip. Mostly I have been using bardic music and scrolls to buff the warblade.

The ideas I have been tossing around so far are:
    -Duskbade (at least 3 levels for channel ability)
    -Wu Jen (Can't cast in my armor so perhaps not ideal)
    -Shugenja (Charisma synergy, no worries about my armor, but doesn't seem that interesting overall)
    -Rogue (Story appears to be heading into dealing with elementals so this may be a poor choice for now)
    -Swashbuckler (Already have weapon finesse but a level or two might be fun, fits character personality)

Prestige classes down the line
    -Mage of the Arcane Order (If I go into Wu-Jen this seems like it might be interesting)
    -Sublime Chord

TL:DR Please offer any suggestions that seem like they could be fun/interesting to play as Bard 4/Something 1. Ignore optimization for this group has none. I have access to almost every single 3.5 book and could probably locate anything from Dragon Magazine. The latter may not get approved though.
    Last edited by Chronikoce; 2015-03-23 at 12:12 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Any suggestions on what to Multi-class with?

A Crusader for some martial ability and some White Raven party buffs would be cool. Then you could take Song of the White Raven to add the levels together for Inspire Courage. Help a team out, man!
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Hehe, the warblade would love it if I went Crusader. I am quite tempted since I've never played one before.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Bard 4/ Crusader 2/ Jade Phoenix Mage 4/ Sublime Chord 2/ Jade Phoenix Mage 6/ Abjurant Champion 2

Bard 4/ Crusader 2/ Jade Phoenix Mage 4/ Sublime Chord 2/ Abjurant Champion 5/ Jade Phoenix Mage 3

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

What sort of maneuvers would be fun for crusader dip? I tend to use a whip atm but I was considering moving to something else. Strength is only an 8 though so I won't be winning any damage competitions anyway.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

marshal, mayhaps. If it's just one level anyway, perhaps that cha bonus to cha will help out the sorcerer, yourself, and the binder.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by daremetoidareyo View Post
    marshal, mayhaps. If it's just one level anyway, perhaps that cha bonus to cha will help out the sorcerer, yourself, and the binder.
    Basically a good option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Well I have approval to make use of Crusader but I don't know if I am going to be able to convince my DM to allow the Jade Phoenix Mage. He is a bit of an odd duck in terms of what he allows (Bans Favored Soul but allows Cleric, Druid, and Wizard for example).

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

I'd keep going Bard for some more levels than hit into War Weaver for fun stuff. Now you can buff the other guys as well as the Warblade!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thajocoth View Post
    The reason Pun-Pun doesn't work is because he doesn't have to. He can just sit around all day and let his wishes do the work for him.