New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast

Thread: The Roost

1. - Top - End - #331
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Roost

Naku, you can be so annoying!

Inadvertently, Jinkei begins to make the table look like it's covered in blood. This goes on for a bit until she grabs her focus ball again.

"How about some waffles? For you and I? My treat."

She doesn't respond to Naku, but looks down at Mr. C. "Sorry, Mr. C!" She says, more seriously. "I'm still a bit creeped out, and wasn't thinking what I was doing."

2. - Top - End - #332
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    Naku, you can be so annoying!

Inadvertently, Jinkei begins to make the table look like it's covered in blood. This goes on for a bit until she grabs her focus ball again.

"How about some waffles? For you and I? My treat."
    Well. It should be pointed out that the offer can't really be made, because Naku's is out of there. The instant the table looked covered in blood, the color drained from Naku's face, and her eyes got kind of wide.
    Turns out, pulling that on a vampire that you've already discovered is forcibly not drinking blood might not be the best idea.
    Naku's chair falls away from the table where she had been sitting, and she stumbles away a ways, one hand clutching at her head.
    She ends up a good twenty feet away, hands palm down on another table, eyes shut, and breathing heavily to try to get herself back under control.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Orc in the Playground

Jinkei's eyes go wide and she starts to apologize profusely. "I'm so sorry! Oh my gosh, I didn't mean it, but you creeped me out and I was thinking about blood and I ended up losing control!"

While she says this, she panicks so much that she lets go of her ball.

Big mistake.

The table Naku's facing starts appearing like it's covered in blood as well. What's worse, her hands are now bloodstained with yummy, scrumptious, delicious blood...

Oh, look! Her clothes look like she rolled in blood! So do Jinkei's clothes, in Naku's eyes.

Meanwhile, in her mind, Jinkei's panicking. 'Oh no she's gonna be mad and try and eat me and I'll never come here again and I'll lose a friend...'

4. - Top - End - #334

From his shelter in the kitchen, Aiden sees that Naku looks sick or something like that. He emerges from his cocoon to approach her. "Hey, Naku, are you okay? Need some water or anything?" He makes sure not to touch her, since he knows that that could make her snap.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mr.C watches what happens.

"What are you doing to her?" Mr. C says to Jinkei as Naku suddendly goes away with a pale face. Whatever happened, it has something to do with Jinkei.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2015-06-11 at 03:30 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #336

Jinkei's eyes go wide and she starts to apologize profusely. "I'm so sorry! Oh my gosh, I didn't mean it, but you creeped me out and I was thinking about blood and I ended up losing control!"

Big mistake.

The table Naku's facing starts appearing like it's covered in blood as well. What's worse, her hands are now bloodstained with yummy, scrumptious, delicious blood...

Oh, look! Her clothes look like she rolled in blood! So do Jinkei's clothes, in Naku's eyes.

Meanwhile, in her mind, Jinkei's panicking. 'Oh no she's gonna be mad and try and eat me and I'll never come here again and I'll lose a friend...'
    Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    From his shelter in the kitchen, Aiden sees that Naku looks sick or something like that. He emerges from his cocoon to approach her. "Hey, Naku, are you okay? Need some water or anything?" He makes sure not to touch her, since he knows that that could make her snap.
    Naku just shakes her head at Aiden, and focused more on keeping her eyes shut, and her breathing under control. She is very obviously on the raggedy edge of snapping. And she can't quite keep herself from opening her eyes to look at the table now and again.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Orc in the Playground

Jinkei wants to flee the building. Flee and never show her face again... at least until she learns to assume other forms, and maybe even then!

She doesn't notice Mr. C hiding, but Mr. C might notice that she herself is shivering.

Jinkei wants to bolt, but can't bring herself to. She grabs her ball and tries to make it stop, but in her panicked state, what she fears happens.

She wants to remove it, but ends up causing more blood instead. The smell, especially.

She wants to calm Naku down, but inadvertently increases her bloodlust. After all, the thing she fears most right now is Naku deciding to have a taste of some fox blood.

She starts to hyperventilate. She must talk to father about this. Come on, ball! Work! Turn the blood to ice cream!

8. - Top - End - #338

Aiden keeps his eyes on Naku, seeing that her eyes are closed and she's avoiding something or another, he can't really tell. "Naku, talk to me. What's happening?"

9. - Top - End - #339

Mr. C looks at Naku and at Jinkei. His view goes back and forth. Without beeing able to see anything of the illusion he got no idea what is happening.
    "What the hell is going on?"

10. - Top - End - #340
    Pixie in the Playground

And so a generally ordinary looking human (aside from an odd distortion in the air immediately surrounding him) arrives with a person who is hanging in the air upside-down.

There. I was curious to hear more of Andalor, but my presence is upsetting for the folks in the Temple and I really couldn't stay there.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2015-06-13 at 08:08 AM.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

The upside-down woman's outfit seems pretty ordinary- a plain pink t-shirt with a pair of straight-cut jeans. Her hair is black, although on closer examination, it turns out to have a tinge of purple to it.

And then there's the fact that she's upside down.

Her feet point towards the sky, and her head floats a good meter above the ground, her hair and arms hanging downwards.

That kind of upside-down.

At least she doesn't have to do handstands.

'I understand. Though, this place seems pretty public as well. Do the unpleasant effects apply only to your characters?'

((May I go no more deeper into the Andolor thing than I have please? I've described and taken out more detail than I'd anticipated, which is stressing me out a bit. Just to let you know.))

12. - Top - End - #342

Big mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Jinkei was actually very, very fortunate at this moment. She will probably never know, but the two new customers walking in just saved her a lot of pain.
    With one last deep inhale, then slow exhale, Naku replies to Aiden that "Yeah. Yeah I'm fine." And then she turns around, and Jinkei might just hear the sound of glass being shattered, as Naku sees her way through the illusions. The gem on Naku's necklace that she always wears starts glowing red juuust a bit, which is odd, but who knows what it's doing.
    Naku looks at Jinkei, and points at her with a very obvious 'stay there. We're going to talk', sort of expression.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    And so a generally ordinary looking human (aside from an odd distortion in the air immediately surrounding him) arrives with a person who is hanging in the air upside-down.

There. I was curious to hear more of Andalor, but my presence is upsetting for the folks in the Temple and I really couldn't stay there.
    Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    The upside-down woman's outfit seems pretty ordinary- a plain pink t-shirt with a pair of straight-cut jeans. Her hair is black, although on closer examination, it turns out to have a tinge of purple to it.

And then there's the fact that she's upside down.

Her feet point towards the sky, and her head floats a good meter above the ground, her hair and arms hanging downwards.

That kind of upside-down.

At least she doesn't have to do handstands.

'I understand. Though, this place seems pretty public as well. Do the unpleasant effects apply only to your characters?'

((May I go no more deeper into the Andolor thing than I have please? I've described and taken out more detail than I'd anticipated, which is stressing me out a bit. Just to let you know.))
    "Irasshaimase!" Naku, the tall, dark purple haired, currently-dressed-as-a-maid waitress says to the two newcomers, bowing at them. "If you two would like to take a seat," though she has to pause there for a moment to look at the upside-down person. They'll cross that bridge when it shows up. "I'll be right with you to take your orders."
    Show

13. - Top - End - #343
    Orc in the Playground

((The spoilsports! Hee.))

Scared Jinkei is scared.

She sighs in relief when Naku gets up and says she's fine. That relief enables her to dispel the illusions.

There's the sound of breaking glass, and Jinkei starts to run for the door when she spot's the look in Naku's eyes. Slowly, she sits back down, her eyes never leaving Naku's form.

She'll need to tell father about this.

((Mee, Naku HAS to meet my new char, Ilyona!))

14. - Top - End - #344
    Pixie in the Playground

(( Hey, when I botch a scene, I don't do it half-way! Sorry, consider the subject dropped... ))

Ted looks distracted for a moment

Ah... yes, sorry. I can't speak particularly for other people, but the aversion I was worried about in particular is specific to that particular group. And while this is indeed public, I'm not concerned about someone else relating what I say - it is only a problem if I am overheard directly. Given that none of them even knows this place exists yet, there is no danger.

Then, the invitation to sit down...

Um... sure. He heads somewhat uncertainly to a nearby table, then looks over at Lennie.

15. - Top - End - #345

With Jinkei at another table and all quiet normal gain Mr.C can turn back to his meal. He is at least save now to eat.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Ted and Lennie]

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Irasshaimase!" Naku, the tall, dark purple haired, currently-dressed-as-a-maid waitress says to the two newcomers, bowing at them. "If you two would like to take a seat," though she has to pause there for a moment to look at the upside-down person. They'll cross that bridge when it shows up. "I'll be right with you to take your orders."
    Lennie is mildy startled when Naku greets her, before realising that the waitress must've said a word in a foreign language. Lennie hasn't heard any language other than English in ages. 'Thank you.'

Ted looks distracted for a moment

Ah... yes, sorry. I can't speak particularly for other people, but the aversion I was worried about in particular is specific to that particular group. And while this is indeed public, I'm not concerned about someone else relating what I say - it is only a problem if I am overheard directly. Given that none of them even knows this place exists yet, there is no danger.

Then, the invitation to sit down...

Um... sure. He heads somewhat uncertainly to a nearby table, then looks over at Lennie.
    'I see,' Lennie says. She floats over to one of the chairs, pulls it away from the table, and positions her head over said chair. Then, she chants,

'oload("storm-4073",1,room)'

A bit of wind, just barely visible, stirs within her seat. Lennie slowly lowers her head to rest on this swirl of wind, before letting her back rest on the back of the chair. Her face can still be seen over the table, with her hands dangling off to the sides of her head.

'Have a seat too,' Lennie beams as she bends her knees over the back of her seat.
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-06-14 at 12:54 AM.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Pixie in the Playground

[Ted and Lennie]

The author blinks at the singular manner of seating, smiles, and sits down himself on the much more conventional chair. He takes out a notebook and pencil and jots down a few notes.

Fascinating place, the Nexus. I always like to keep a bit of a cheat sheet going: helps keep everything straight.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Ted and Lennie]

((I thought about trying to sit that upside-down way on a chair IRL. Then I thought I would tip the chair over and end up with fractured bones and a trip to the hospital. So I didn't actually try it.))

'Agreed, although sometimes I get lazy. Other times I write too much. I've kept notes and left them unread for ages,' Lennie chuckles.

Meanwhile, a transparent screen appears just to the side of her head. There appears to be words being typed onto it.

'Paper and pencil! The traditional kind, huh?' Lennie asks.
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-06-14 at 10:37 AM.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Pixie in the Playground

[Ted and Lennie]

Ted shakes his head

Only for scribbling notes - it's faster this way. I copy them to a text file, word document, or spreadsheet later... depending on which seems to fit the information best.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2015-06-14 at 01:04 PM.

20. - Top - End - #350

[Lennie and Ted]

At some point, when there's a lull in the conversation, Naku comes over to the two and asks "Can I get you two anything?" with a pleasant smile that only somewhat betrays that she's a vampire.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Lennie and Ted]

'I see. I personally prefer to type into a text file directly. To each their own, I suppose.'

Lennie turns her head to Naku, shutting off the screen she had next to her. 'Hello. Could I have a cup of orange juice please? WIth a straw. Thanks.'

Lennie doesn't even notice that Naku's a vampire- racial traits that aren't so obvious tend to go past her. Considering how races work in her homeworld, it isn't surprising.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lennie and Ted]

Ted nods

Even so.

Naku doesn't bother him in the slightest.

I'll have tea, please. Pu-erh if you have any, otherwise whatever good fermented black tea you have.

23. - Top - End - #353

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    [Lennie and Ted]

'I see. I personally prefer to type into a text file directly. To each their own, I suppose.'

Lennie turns her head to Naku, shutting off the screen she had next to her. 'Hello. Could I have a cup of orange juice please? With a straw. Thanks.'

Lennie doesn't even notice that Naku's a vampire- racial traits that aren't so obvious tend to go past her. Considering how races work in her homeworld, it isn't surprising.
    "Orange Juice and a straw. Absolutely can do that."

[Lennie and Ted]

Ted nods

Even so.

Naku doesn't bother him in the slightest.

I'll have tea, please. Pu-erh if you have any, otherwise whatever good fermented black tea you have.
    "I believe that we do. Just the tea?" Naku asks politely, still smiling happily.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Ted and Lennie]

'Thank you, miss.'

Lennie turns back to Ted. 'Pu'er? Is that a foreign word for a certain kind of tea?'

25. - Top - End - #355
    Pixie in the Playground

[Ted and Lennie]

Ted nods

Yes, just the tea for now, please.

He turns to Lennie

It is Chinese: a particular variety and treatment of tea, and the very best grows wild rather than in farms. The bushes are pruned aggressively: leaves, stems, even smaller branches, and then moistened and allowed to bake in the sun for a time where they turn a rich brown-black. Then the damp leaves are pressed into firm cakes and allowed to dry. Finally, the cakes themselves are aged. The best cakes can be rather expensive, and the flavor is exquisite! I have a block at home that is thirty six years old, and when brewed has a lovely dark, sweet, musky, fruity taste reminiscent of dates.

For the best results it needs to be brewed carefully with water just under boiling, and you pour the water over a portion of the crumbled cake rather than steeping it. Truly serious tea drinkers will do this with utensils made of a particular purple clay, which are highly prized and handed down as heirlooms since the clay absorbs a small portion of the tea and becomes seasoned... I had tea served that fashion in a small shop in Vancouver once, with a tea set over three hundred years old.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2015-06-15 at 11:30 AM.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Orc in the Playground

Jinkei's eyes never leave Naku as she goes about and does her thing. Ohh, she's in for it, now!

Stupid lack of control, stupid fear, stupid wanting to show her blood.... "STUPID!" She yells out loud, then starts crying softly.
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-06-15 at 05:35 PM.

27. - Top - End - #357

So. Mr C ends it's muesli. He looks left and right, be sure Jinkei isn't close or any other people who might want to cuddle him. Then he puts his paws on the bowl. Without much effort he lifts the bowl half full of milk and drinks the remining milk out. He get's a bit more round as a ball in the process, whcih didn't keep for long. With an "Ahhh." he sets down the bowl, wiping the milk from his mouth.

"That was good." he says and takes a look around for who is in the Roost

28. - Top - End - #358

Ted and Lennie

After a polite bow and a few backwards steps during said bow, Naku turns and heads back to the kitchen to go get the requested items. She comes back quickly with the glass of orange juice - with a straw - and then a pot of hot water, a cup, tea leaves, and the rest of the trappings with which to make tea for Ted to make his own tea.

She places the items in front of their respective orderers, and asks "You sound like someone who knows how they would like to make their own tea. Anything else I can do for either of you?" This does include, should Ted wish it, Naku could actually make the tea for him if she assumed incorrectly.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #359

In steps a light-skinned drow, her pale sakura pink hair shorn short to prevent it from interfering with combat. With a cerulean left iris and violet right eye shining bright, the dark elf is adorned in an amethyst hemmed robe upon a sleeveless black shirt, right side hanging from the wrapping around her waist and fingerless gloves clothing her upper arms. Pale tights clad her long, lithe legs, and umber boots shield her feet and lower legs. A malachite-hilted and wintry-handled katana lies sheathed on her back, and the wrapping bears the emblem of a stylized eye lying upon a blade.
    Those without psychic defenses will feel a greater feeling of optimism and interest.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Ted and Lennie]

'Wow, you sure are passionate about this,' Lennie notes. Why else would Ted detail a whole Eastern culture and write an entire webcomic about it?

Lennie thanks Naku, then sips the orange juice like most people- by sucking on the straw. Some things work even when one is upside-down.

'What are you going to do with that?'