New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast

Thread: The Roost

1. - Top - End - #451
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Roost

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    "When you start, yes," Yas answers. "The fun bit is when you learn to improvise. Most of the Umbran arts use dance or similar moves for spells, specifically larger ones. Dancing is probably the first mundane thing I ever learned," she says with a turn back to Akane answering her question as well.
    "Improvising, in most everything, is when stuff gets interesting. But you need to know the basics before you can improv', right?"

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    I could always teach you to wield a blade or something in exchange.
    Akane offers, not wanting to be "that person who doesn't give anything in return"
    "Just not inside, please." Naku grins. Akane more than likely didn't mean right here, but Naku couldn't let the moment pass.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

2. - Top - End - #452

"Of course, of course, darling," she tells Naku. "It starts as steps then turns to more of a flowchart. Once you know what goes well together, you just make it up as you go."

"And we can always save the swordsmanship lessons for samurai day."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

3. - Top - End - #453
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Of course, of course, darling," she tells Naku. "It starts as steps then turns to more of a flowchart. Once you know what goes well together, you just make it up as you go."

akane nods.
    I can't wait to learn! it sounds really fun, I must say!
    she responds, eagerness in her voice, subconsciously leaning forward.
    aw, you're no fun Naku.
    she jokes, her saccharine voice filling with mock melancholy.
    You wouldn't mind if I showed my blade to you guys?
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

4. - Top - End - #454

"Improvisation is wonderful.

Oooh. Samurai day is a really good idea!"
    Naku comments, making a mental note that that should, at some point, happen.

akane nods.
    I can't wait to learn! it sounds really fun, I must say!
    she responds, eagerness in her voice, subconsciously leaning forward.
    aw, you're no fun Naku.
    she jokes, her saccharine voice filling with mock melancholy.
    You wouldn't mind if I showed my blade to you guys?
    Naku manages to bite back the comment that instantly came to her mind following Akane's question.
    "Don't blame me, blame the cost of repairing things." She quips right back to Akane. "If you really want to, I'd have no objections. So long as it doesn't, say, try to kill us just by us looking at it." Naku understands well the pride one can have in their weapon. She has quite a bit of pride of her own katana, and she reaffirms that it's still there with a quick glance down at her hip.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

5. - Top - End - #455

"I imagine she wouldn't offer to show it to us if it was dangerous. And I've met people with perfectly normal swords that refuse to show them off. 'Once drawn, it cannot be sheathed until it has tasted blood,'" she says as she wiggles her fingers spookily at Naku.

"By all means, Akane, just don't swing it around too much."

My Characters

6. - Top - End - #456
    Orc in the Playground

[Evening - Closed Scene]

A handsome young man with a purple ponytail and bright purple eyes walks into the empty-apart-from-the-staff diner and looks around in curiosity.

"Hi... Is it too late to... get... something to.... eat?"

7. - Top - End - #457

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Thaaat seems silly. I do agree.

I'm also guessing that, since I have way more of these guys than you do of those guys, that your guys are much better than mine?"
    Naku asks, finishing positioning her squad of Boyz. "Does this look good?" She asks, in reference to where she's positioned her models.
    I don't got the books, but i guess twenty orcs are close to five Marines. And a HQ on each side to compare.

"That's right. All units got a value. Each of them depends on there stats, weapons and abilities they got. Your orks are tought guys with four in strength and durability. You should know a 3 in those would be a normal Human. Strength is for close combat and Durability is for defence. The more you got the harder it is to hurt you.

Mine got those too, well there must have been some orc skin in the discounter or such. The other thing is mine got a much better armor allowing them to negate/avoid your attacks and if they loose a fight they don't panic. Also they got quiet better weapons with more range."

Mr. C says while placing his units.

"Well i think that's part one of the game. Need to roll out who got the first turn."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

8. - Top - End - #458

"I imagine she wouldn't offer to show it to us if it was dangerous. And I've met people with perfectly normal swords that refuse to show them off. 'Once drawn, it cannot be sheathed until it has tasted blood,'" she says as she wiggles her fingers spookily at Naku.

Akane laughs at Yasmine's description, commenting "Yes, and my sword draws things to it to cut!" with a chuckle.
    She smiles, and with a gesture a short katana materializes out of the same fey energy that swirls about her, a turquoise hilt and lime wrapping about the hilt. Its fine, shiny blade gleams a dark iron, glinting in the light.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

9. - Top - End - #459

"I've found some people who didn't have sheaths, specifically because of that reason. Though they literally could not put it back unless it had tasted blood."

Akane laughs at Yasmine's description, commenting "Yes, and my sword draws things to it to cut!" with a chuckle.
    She smiles, and with a gesture a short katana materializes out of the same fey energy that swirls about her, a turquoise hilt and lime wrapping about the hilt. Its fine, shiny blade gleams a dark iron, glinting in the light.
    "Very pretty!" Naku says, nodding. "Very green."

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    I don't got the books, but i guess twenty orcs are close to five Marines. And a HQ on each side to compare.

"That's right. All units got a value. Each of them depends on there stats, weapons and abilities they got. Your orks are tought guys with four in strength and durability. You should know a 3 in those would be a normal Human. Strength is for close combat and Durability is for defence. The more you got the harder it is to hurt you.

Mine got those too, well there must have been some orc skin in the discounter or such. The other thing is mine got a much better armor allowing them to negate/avoid your attacks and if they loose a fight they don't panic. Also they got quiet better weapons with more range."

Mr. C says while placing his units.

"Well i think that's part one of the game. Need to roll out who got the first turn."
    "That makes sense. So my guys just want to rush in and make sure you don't get to use your guns. And then how many of these do we roll to see who goes first?" Naku asks, picking up a few of the nearby dice.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    [Evening - Closed Scene]

A handsome young man with a purple ponytail and bright purple eyes walks into the empty-apart-from-the-staff diner and looks around in curiosity.

"Hi... Is it too late to... get... something to.... eat?"
    Evening

Naku sighs slightly. She had just finished changing into normal clothing. It was always five minutes before the doors were shut. "Not at all. What would you like?"
    Show

10. - Top - End - #460

Yas pushes her glasses up her nose and examines the blade quite carefully. "She does have a motif to keep going."

"Tell me Akane, is any iron a bane to the fey you serve, or just special iron, or do I sound altogether ridiculous?"
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2015-07-07 at 10:36 PM.

My Characters

11. - Top - End - #461
    Orc in the Playground

Naku sighs slightly. She had just finished changing into normal clothing. It was always five minutes before the doors were shut. "Not at all. What would you like?"
    [Evening]

The purple-haired young man smiles when he notices Naku's purple hair.

Realizing that he'd been staring, he clears his throat. "Ahem, yes. Do you... have.... cinnamon rolls? I want that."

He walks over to a booth and takes a seat.

12. - Top - End - #462

[Evening]

The purple-haired young man smiles when he notices Naku's purple hair.

Realizing that he'd been staring, he clears his throat. "Ahem, yes. Do you... have.... cinnamon rolls? I want that."

He walks over to a booth and takes a seat.
    "Yeah. We do." Naku replies with a not-so-well-hidden-sigh. "Do you want frosting or not?"
    Show

13. - Top - End - #463
    Orc in the Playground

[Evening]

"Frosting? What... is that?"

The sigh doesn't escape his notice. "Apologees. I... am disturbing... you?"

He shifts in his seat. "Don't bother... about the cinnamon rolls. Come, have... a seat."

14. - Top - End - #464

Yas pushes her glasses up her nose and examines the blade quite carefully. "She does have a motif to keep going."

"Tell me Akane, is any iron a bane to the fey you serve, or just special iron, or do I sound altogether ridiculous?"
    the lithe lass laughs lightly, smiling as she nods
    [COLOR="#008000]My parents gave me a truly ironic name, as you could probably guess.[/COLOR]
    she turns to address Yasmine.
    I honestly don't know. I'm certainly not testing it out though!
    Akane responds with a giggle
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

15. - Top - End - #465

[Evening]

"Frosting? What... is that?"

The sigh doesn't escape his notice. "Apologees. I... am disturbing... you?"

He shifts in his seat. "Don't bother... about the cinnamon rolls. Come, have... a seat."
    "It's a combination of powdered sugar and water, and some flavoring. It's pretty good.

You're fine. It's just been a long day. You sure you don't want the roll? Really it's fine."

the lithe lass laughs lightly, smiling as she nods
    [COLOR="#008000]My parents gave me a truly ironic name, as you could probably guess.[/COLOR]
    she turns to address Yasmine.
    I honestly don't know. I'm certainly not testing it out though!
    Akane responds with a giggle
    Naku just watches, not having much to add at this point.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #466
    Orc in the Playground

"It's a combination of powdered sugar and water, and some flavoring. It's pretty good.

You're fine. It's just been a long day. You sure you don't want the roll? Really it's fine."
    [Evening]

Reggie shakes his head, observing her speech patterns and how she strings words together. He tries to do the same.

"Sit.... down, please. You're... weary." He thinks of smiling, then thinks better of it. "Reggie Hatrigan... I'm Reggie."

17. - Top - End - #467

[Evening]

Reggie shakes his head, observing her speech patterns and how she strings words together. He tries to do the same.

"Sit.... down, please. You're... weary." He thinks of smiling, then thinks better of it. "Reggie Hatrigan... I'm Reggie."
    Evening

"I'm fine. Thank you for worrying though. Are you sure? It would be easy enough to get you a roll. And are you all right?" Naku asks, head tilted slightly at the man. Though she too notices the hair color. She shows no outward indication of if she feels that's a good thing or not.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #468
    Orc in the Playground

[Evening]

"Sure, you... Can get me... A roll."

This time, Reggie attempts smiling slightly. It doesn't look too creepy, this time.

"Okay. I'm... okay. I'll... eat the... roll and help... you... pack up. Where do... you... live?"

19. - Top - End - #469

[Evening]

"Sure, you... Can get me... A roll."

This time, Reggie attempts smiling slightly. It doesn't look too creepy, this time.

"Okay. I'm... okay. I'll... eat the... roll and help... you... pack up. Where do... you... live?"
    Evening

"I'm all right. I don't live far from here, and have everything packed already. Just need to get me home, after all. Nothing to pack." With that, though, Naku heads back to the kitchen to get a cinnamon roll. He didn't say he wanted the frosting, so she leaves it off.

Naku comes back a minute or three later with the roll on a plate, and offers it to him. Though without her customary moon-speak.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #470
    Orc in the Playground

[Present]

Ezra and Kelcey walk into the Roost hand in hand.

"This is a really nice place, KC. You'll like it, I promise, oh my, yes! And even if you don't, well, I'll help change that, oh my." He grins a lethally charming grin and plants a kiss on her cheek.

[Evening]

"Thank... you for... the food."

Reggie accepts it gratefully, investigates the food like he's trying to decide how to eat it, then eats half of it at once.

"Been so... long... since I... tasted food." He sighs contentedly. "I... stay nearby...in a hotel room. Could escort... you?"

21. - Top - End - #471

[Present]

Ezra and Kelcey walk into the Roost hand in hand.

"This is a really nice place, KC. You'll like it, I promise, oh my, yes! And even if you don't, well, I'll help change that, oh my." He grins a lethally charming grin and plants a kiss on her cheek.

[Evening]

"Thank... you for... the food."

Reggie accepts it gratefully, investigates the food like he's trying to decide how to eat it, then eats half of it at once.

"Been so... long... since I... tasted food." He sighs contentedly. "I... stay nearby...in a hotel room. Could escort... you?"
    Present

Yet another Naku appears to greet the newcomers.
    "Irasshaimase! If you take a seat, I'll be right with you."

Evening

"You are welcome. I'll have to turn down the escort, though, I tend to take a roundabout way back to where I'm staying. Thank you for offering, though."
    Show

22. - Top - End - #472
    Orc in the Playground

[Evening]

"Too... bad."

Reggie downs the rest of the roll and thanks Naku. Then he picks up the plate and begins to munch on it, apparently forgetting himself.

"Oh... horsefeathers... forgive me..." He drops the plate in a hurry. "The plate... tastes... nice, but... sorry."

23. - Top - End - #473

[Evening]

"Too... bad."

Reggie downs the rest of the roll and thanks Naku. Then he picks up the plate and begins to munch on it, apparently forgetting himself.

"Oh... horsefeathers... forgive me..." He drops the plate in a hurry. "The plate... tastes... nice, but... sorry."
    Evening

Naku sighs again. Always at closing.
    "It's all right. But you're going to have to pay for that plate."
    Show

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Christmas Present]

KC (who is currently wearing the outfit on the rightmost person in this image apart from the eye mask) blushes as she recieves the kiss. Especially since she hasn't been with him without Axanot around.

'Yes, yes,' she grins sheepishly, while fiddling her blond hair with her other hand. Best not to question Ezra's constant use of 'oh my'.

KC nearly jumps when greeted. 'Oh, hello Naku. Yes, a seat, any suggestions?' she asks, looking at both the surroundings and whatever new outfit Naku is wearing now.

It's not the maid costume anymore, right?

25. - Top - End - #475

"Well then let's not dwell on it." Yasmine decides. She was just curious if the fey handing their champions iron weapons was a bit ill-advised. "It's a lovely weapon. I've seen few as beautiful and most of those were made of celestial gold. I truly cannot wait for lessons to begin."

My Characters

26. - Top - End - #476
    Orc in the Playground

[Present Present!]

"Hi Naku!" Ezra bows to the cute vampire waitress.

"Oh my, yes, a seat! How about there, love?" He points to a seat by the window. "Just the both of us." He puts an arm around her waist and draws her closer to him. "Wouldn't it be romantic, KC?"

[Evening]

"Pay?" Reggie nods and drops enough money to pay for the roll and the plate, plus some extra, which he places aside. "Tip."

Since he's paid for the plate, he consumes the remainder of the plate. "Porcelain... yummy."

"Apologies, Naku. I'm new... here. Haven't... seen Nexus in... centuries."

27. - Top - End - #477

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    [Christmas Present]

KC (who is currently wearing the outfit on the rightmost person in this image apart from the eye mask) blushes as she recieves the kiss. Especially since she hasn't been with him without Axanot around.

'Yes, yes,' she grins sheepishly, while fiddling her blond hair with her other hand. Best not to question Ezra's constant use of 'oh my'.

KC nearly jumps when greeted. 'Oh, hello Naku. Yes, a seat, any suggestions?' she asks, looking at both the surroundings and whatever new outfit Naku is wearing now.

It's not the maid costume anymore, right?
    It is not indeed! Since this is a new scene getting started after the costume change time, she has, in fact, changed into something much different!

[Present Present!]

"Hi Naku!" Ezra bows to the cute vampire waitress.

"Oh my, yes, a seat! How about there, love?" He points to a seat by the window. "Just the both of us." He puts an arm around her waist and draws her closer to him. "Wouldn't it be romantic, KC?"

[Evening]

"Pay?" Reggie nods and drops enough money to pay for the roll and the plate, plus some extra, which he places aside. "Tip."

Since he's paid for the plate, he consumes the remainder of the plate. "Porcelain... yummy."

"Apologies, Naku. I'm new... here. Haven't... seen Nexus in... centuries."
    Present

"Can I get you two anything?" Naku asks, politely, after coming over to their table.

Evening

"I see. Well, don't worry about it too much. Thank you for paying, though."
    It should be pointed out that Later Naku is still just wearing a t-shirt and comfortable cargo pants, not any sort of cosplay.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Present]

Dammit Ezra! There he goes, all excited and everything!

'Yes,' KC tries to say as normally as possible, walking over to the chair and pulling it away from the table.

Sitting down with her legs carefully crossed, KCs turns to Naku. 'I would like a...' she trails off, blinking a few times. That outfit seems so familar, as if it had been worn by a strong independant woman from a well-known game, but she can't quite put a finger on it...

Oh well, maybe later.

'Sorry about that. An Eggs Benedict, please.'

29. - Top - End - #479
    Orc in the Playground

[Present Present!]

Ezra chuckles at the effect he's having on KC. She's both the more reserved of the two (the second being Axxie) and the more self-conscious regarding public displays of affection.

He sits down beside KC and turns to Naku as well. "Oh my, it's rather tempting to order spaghetti that we can share, just like the old movie, yes!" He chuckles and boops KC on the nose. "However, I'll have bacon and eggs, thank you. And maybe any metal cutleries you might not need anymore, oh my, yes!"

[Evening]

Reggie scratches his head in an odd manner. "Tell me... about... the Nexus... please?" He averts his eyes for a bit, then looks at her again. "Did not... need... food... just came... here for... help."

30. - Top - End - #480

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    [Present]

Dammit Ezra! There he goes, all excited and everything!

'Yes,' KC tries to say as normally as possible, walking over to the chair and pulling it away from the table.

Sitting down with her legs carefully crossed, KCs turns to Naku. 'I would like a...' she trails off, blinking a few times. That outfit seems so familar, as if it had been worn by a strong independant woman from a well-known game, but she can't quite put a finger on it...

Oh well, maybe later.

'Sorry about that. An Eggs Benedict, please.'
    [Present Present!]

Ezra chuckles at the effect he's having on KC. She's both the more reserved of the two (the second being Axxie) and the more self-conscious regarding public displays of affection.

He sits down beside KC and turns to Naku as well. "Oh my, it's rather tempting to order spaghetti that we can share, just like the old movie, yes!" He chuckles and boops KC on the nose. "However, I'll have bacon and eggs, thank you. And maybe any metal cutleries you might not need anymore, oh my, yes!"

[Evening]

Reggie scratches his head in an odd manner. "Tell me... about... the Nexus... please?" He averts his eyes for a bit, then looks at her again. "Did not... need... food... just came... here for... help."
    Present Time

"Eggs Benedict, sure thing. Aaaand bacon and eggs. How would you like them? Scrambled? And I would request you don't eat the silverwear. We need those." Naku says, all while scribbling stuff down onto her notepad.

Evening

"Well, it's like a conglomeration of everywhere. It's basically just a big old throwing together of everything ever. You said you've been here before though? How it's been hundreds of years? Pretty sure it's still about the same.

Also, are you sure you're okay?"
    Show