New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast

Thread: The Roost

1. - Top - End - #571
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Roost

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Spoiler: Zephir
    Show

"I seeeee. So I get my six inches, and whatever else I roll?" Naku then proceeds to roll a one and a two. "Sooo, eight?"
    "Yep, that is correct. Now my turn again."

Mr C moves his guys backwards and shoots again. This time only one Orc will fall.

"So now I'm close to the edge. And you know they can't leave the signed battelfield, becasue...well outside of it is nothing as we can see. The planats are really small I guess."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #572
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Oh, eternal youth, inhuman strength and speed, calling and commanding infernal monsters to serve your will... and all at the price of literal eternal damnation upon your death. Assuming one of those demonic beasts doesn't eat your soul for their own power," Yas says, not breaking her smile.

"It's why I prefer keeping a professional relationship with the infernal. Doubly so with my weapons." Neither her "employers" nor her "employees" are particularly nice. No reason to pretend they have her interests in mind.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

3. - Top - End - #573

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "Yep, that is correct. Now my turn again."

Mr C moves his guys backwards and shoots again. This time only one Orc will fall.

"So now I'm close to the edge. And you know they can't leave the signed battelfield, becasue...well outside of it is nothing as we can see. The planats are really small I guess."
    After removing the Ork that decided to take a nap while there's fightin' to do, Naku nods. "Or the floor is lava. Or coated in darkness." She replies, before asking agaaaain, "So should I run again?"

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    "Oh, eternal youth, inhuman strength and speed, calling and commanding infernal monsters to serve your will... and all at the price of literal eternal damnation upon your death. Assuming one of those demonic beasts doesn't eat your soul for their own power," Yas says, not breaking her smile.

"It's why I prefer keeping a professional relationship with the infernal. Doubly so with my weapons." Neither her "employers" nor her "employees" are particularly nice. No reason to pretend they have her interests in mind.
    "Yeaaaaaaaah. I would try to avoid that. That all sounds like it could be a bad thing." Naku says, shaking her head slightly. That sounded scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    [Present]

"Fish is breakfast-y, Naku, at least in the form of a tin of sardines... oh my, yes." Ezra proclaims with a smile. "KC... what else do penguins like to eat?"
    Naku blinks. She had never heard of fish as breakfast food. "I. Um. I'll take your word for it."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

4. - Top - End - #574

After removing the Ork that decided to take a nap while there's fightin' to do, Naku nods. "Or the floor is lava. Or coated in darkness." She replies, before asking agaaaain, "So should I run again?"
    Mr. C nods. "Yep"

After she made the normal move she measure the distance. "See, it's over 12". So your not in range for shooting or fighting. But your still outnumber me and next turn you can shoot and attack, because your guys got storm weapons."

Now she can run and MrC will make the same move as he did befor, at least that would be best for him.^^

5. - Top - End - #575

I can understand why it appeals to many. Clever way to bargain, too. I'd imagine from a pact-making person's standpoint, only cost is one you have many years to go before they come collecting, chances are, and besides that's a lot of power, surely eternal damnation can't be that bad, right?
    Wasn't done on your own volition, or as part of participating in the Coven?

The Fey Warlock inquires, quite intrigued in the whole subject matter.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

6. - Top - End - #576

Mr. C nods. "Yep"

After she made the normal move she measure the distance. "See, it's over 12". So your not in range for shooting or fighting. But your still outnumber me and next turn you can shoot and attack, because your guys got storm weapons."

Now she can run and MrC will make the same move as he did befor, at least that would be best for him.^^
    Naku nods, rolls, and runs again! This time for a while 9"! She sighs slightly when she sees the numbers she rolls, but moves up her bloodthirsty orks regardless. Then it's Mr. C's turn, and time for more orks to get shot up.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

7. - Top - End - #577

"Less clever negotiation, more squeezing every bit out of the deal," she corrects.

"It's eternal youth, not immortality. They want you in prime form but you would inevitably slip up and die. The demons would eventually have theirs. Eternal damnation is as bad as it sounds. Still I would make the deal again. It was important work."

My Characters

8. - Top - End - #578

Naku nods, rolls, and runs again! This time for a while 9"! She sighs slightly when she sees the numbers she rolls, but moves up her bloodthirsty orks regardless. Then it's Mr. C's turn, and time for more orks to get shot up.

"So your turn again."
    Mr.C says. "Now move and then your orcs can shoot roll one dice for each figure. A four's a hit, then roll them again another four cause a wound, just like I did. Then you roll 2 dice and if they manage to pass the remaining distance we are in close combat."

9. - Top - End - #579

"Less clever negotiation, more squeezing every bit out of the deal," she corrects.

"It's eternal youth, not immortality. They want you in prime form but you would inevitably slip up and die. The demons would eventually have theirs. Eternal damnation is as bad as it sounds. Still I would make the deal again. It was important work."
    "If you're going to wager everything, might as well squeeze ever last bit you can from it, right?"

"So your turn again."
    Mr.C says. "Now move and then your orcs can shoot roll one dice for each figure. A four's a hit, then roll them again another four cause a wound, just like I did. Then you roll 2 dice and if they manage to pass the remaining distance we are in close combat."
    Naku does exactly that! She even focuses enough that her tongue sticks out juuust a bit from the side of her mouth, as she watches the dice clatter into place.
    of course, she rolls ones, twos, and threes, so nothing actually hits. Her orks are probably just drunk today.

Then she rolls for running across again, and finally gets a five and a six! So into melee combat, hopefully!
    Show

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[A Penguin]

'I suppose we'll have to go somewhere else to feed this little bird.'

11. - Top - End - #581
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by goto124 View Post
    'I suppose we'll have to go somewhere else to feed this little bird.'
    [A Penguin]

"Oh, let's go fishing, KC. You do know how to fish, right? Then Peyton can have many fish nommies!" Ezra says the last part in a cutesy baby-talk way.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

[A Leaving Penguin]

KC tries not to cringe too much, hoping it's temporary and purely due to his proximity to a cute fluffy penguin.

'Well er... yea. Let's... go?'

And the couple exit, with the penguin.

((Eagle, you can post in Seaside!))

13. - Top - End - #583
    Orc in the Playground

14. - Top - End - #584

"If you're going to wager everything, might as well squeeze ever last bit you can from it, right?"

Naku does exactly that! She even focuses enough that her tongue sticks out juuust a bit from the side of her mouth, as she watches the dice clatter into place.
    of course, she rolls ones, twos, and threes, so nothing actually hits. Her orks are probably just drunk today.

Then she rolls for running across again, and finally gets a five and a six! So into melee combat, hopefully!
    "Wow" Mr C says. "That's quite a distance they charge. All of your guys manage to get into close combat.

So now we fight meele. My guys are well trained soldiers, but your are charging Orcs so we attack at the same speed. To make things easy you start by rolling ..7..14..21 Dice for your orcs and 4 for your boss. I got...10 for my Men and "
    he rolls a dice getting a 4 "3 attacks for my commander.

Your first."

15. - Top - End - #585

akane nods.
    There's something to be said in respect when one can bargain over exactly what their soul is worth with creatures of dirty dealing.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

16. - Top - End - #586

"Wow" Mr C says. "That's quite a distance they charge. All of your guys manage to get into close combat.

So now we fight meele. My guys are well trained soldiers, but your are charging Orcs so we attack at the same speed. To make things easy you start by rolling ..7..14..21 Dice for your orcs and 4 for your boss. I got...10 for my Men and "
    he rolls a dice getting a 4 "3 attacks for my commander.

Your first."
    Naku raises an eyebrow. "That's quite a lot to roll. Do people just carry buckets of these around?" She asks, before the loud clattering noise of 25 d6s being rolled sound throughout the room.
    She rolls fairly well-ish, but not by any means a lot of good rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    akane nods.
    There's something to be said in respect when one can bargain over exactly what their soul is worth with creatures of dirty dealing.
    Naku shivers slightly. The talk of souls and the selling thereof obviously is really starting to get to her. But she's trying to be a nice host and not object to what people want to talk about.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ogre in the Playground

The door opens ever so slowly, and is shut again ever so quietly.
    The silent pattering of paws is heard only by those with the most sensitive of ears. A blur of movement, a step in the shadows, and golden eyes watching.
    Waiting.
    Looking for a certain eternally-young lady.

And just when Naku least expects it- the moment will be seized!
    In the form of a furry hand tapping her gently on the shoulder, its owner's tail wagging expectantly.
    Mist waiting far too long to visit. He didn't have anyone to cover his shift until a few months ago, and then his girlfriend got kidnapped and there was fallout and it was all very busy.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

18. - Top - End - #588

"I was very well trained by the time I contracted. They don't send in fool apprentices to make pacts with devils." Yasmine is also by no means uneducated on social cues. "Though there were other things to train in besides magic and contracts. Music, painting, weapon arts..." she trails off. Figuring one choice will very likely catch Akane's attention.

My Characters

19. - Top - End - #589

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    The door opens ever so slowly, and is shut again ever so quietly.
    The silent pattering of paws is heard only by those with the most sensitive of ears. A blur of movement, a step in the shadows, and golden eyes watching.
    Waiting.
    Looking for a certain eternally-young lady.

And just when Naku least expects it- the moment will be seized!
    In the form of a furry hand tapping her gently on the shoulder, its owner's tail wagging expectantly.
    Mist waiting far too long to visit. He didn't have anyone to cover his shift until a few months ago, and then his girlfriend got kidnapped and there was fallout and it was all very busy.
    "Mist! Hey!" Naku says, turning to face him. She's still all dressed up, though it'll be changing soon! "It's been forever!" She says, throwing her arms around him in a hug. "How are you? How've you been?"

"I was very well trained by the time I contracted. They don't send in fool apprentices to make pacts with devils." Yasmine is also by no means uneducated on social cues. "Though there were other things to train in besides magic and contracts. Music, painting, weapon arts..." she trails off. Figuring one choice will very likely catch Akane's attention.
    Naku remains quiet, though she nods a thanks at Yasmine, seeing what she was doing.
    Last edited by Mee; 2015-07-31 at 04:54 PM.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist looks a little different. A little shorter, a little more orange, and with a little silver earring with a blue star on the edge of one ear. The wide-ish kind with a small radius. He's also got a very fancy bronze and gold dirk on his belt under his coat.
    "I'm so sorry, Naku! I had to hire people all over again, and then Leah took me on a road trip but got kidnapped and then I had to spy on evil giraffe-cats and then I had to turn my coat into a magical faerie coat.
    It took a while."

He says, embarrassed.

21. - Top - End - #591

Mist looks a little different. A little shorter, a little more orange, and with a little silver earring with a blue star on the edge of one ear. The wide-ish kind with a small radius. He's also got a very fancy bronze and gold dirk on his belt under his coat.
    "I'm so sorry, Naku! I had to hire people all over again, and then Leah took me on a road trip but got kidnapped and then I had to spy on evil giraffe-cats and then I had to turn my coat into a magical faerie coat.
    It took a while."

He says, embarrassed.
    Naku raises an eyebrow at Mist a bit, her head tilting slightly. "You look different. What's up?
    But it's all good! I understand that! Though I'm nooot so sure I understand the spying on evil giraffe-cats. That sounds. Uh. Yeah. Yeah sounds like you've been busy!"
    Show

22. - Top - End - #592

It's been a long time since I've played music, I must admit. Used to play the violin, but I lost it a while back.
    Akane responds, reminiscing on days before.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

23. - Top - End - #593

It's been a long time since I've played music, I must admit. Used to play the violin, but I lost it a while back.
    Akane responds, reminiscing on days before.
    "I used to play the harpsichord. Mine is probably still at the last place I used to work. I need to get a new one, I think." Naku says, nodding a few times.
    Last edited by Mee; 2015-08-01 at 03:04 PM.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

Naku raises an eyebrow at Mist a bit, her head tilting slightly. "You look different. What's up?
    But it's all good! I understand that! Though I'm nooot so sure I understand the spying on evil giraffe-cats. That sounds. Uh. Yeah. Yeah sounds like you've been busy!"
    "Giraffe-cats are super evil. They murder tons of people and give other people evil giraffe-neck curses. But uh, yeah, I started wearing this earring as a favor for Leah's dad for helping me with a curse. It lets her grab some magic around me or something. I was assured it's very safe." he explains with a shrug.

25. - Top - End - #595

"Did you learn the classics or was bluegrass more your tune?" Yasmine pokes for a bit of fun. "My own training was nearly 600 years ago, so I haven't learned anything new since the Renaissance composers were popstars."

My Characters

26. - Top - End - #596

"Did you learn the classics or was bluegrass more your tune?" Yasmine pokes for a bit of fun. "My own training was nearly 600 years ago, so I haven't learned anything new since the Renaissance composers were popstars."
    A variety of different styles, not bluegrass though. This may surprise you, but despite my best efforts I lack any gals to sing about.
    Akane responds with a joking grin. no hint in her voice if she's flirting or not.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

27. - Top - End - #597

"Giraffe-cats are super evil. They murder tons of people and give other people evil giraffe-neck curses. But uh, yeah, I started wearing this earring as a favor for Leah's dad for helping me with a curse. It lets her grab some magic around me or something. I was assured it's very safe." he explains with a shrug.
    "That does actually sound kind of horrible!" Naku agrees, nodding a few times. "Hmmm. Well, as long as it's safe, I can't really judge someone for their changing-and-magical-jewelry." She says with a grin, her own necklace never leaving her neck.

A variety of different styles, not bluegrass though. This may surprise you, but despite my best efforts I lack any gals to sing about.
    Akane responds with a joking grin. no hint in her voice if she's flirting or not.
    "I got more of a classical training." Though honestly, Naku doesn't even know if that question is aimed at her. "What is bluegrass?" She asks, eyebrow raised slightly, and curiosity obvious in her voice.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #598

Naku raises an eyebrow. "That's quite a lot to roll. Do people just carry buckets of these around?" She asks, before the loud clattering noise of 25 d6s being rolled sound throughout the room.
    She rolls fairly well-ish, but not by any means a lot of good rolls.
    "I don't think so." Mr C repplies. As she takes a look at the little green creature she might see a small hide build out of these dice each contains 27 d6s, so there are at least over 300 dice around Mr.C. Where did he got them from?

"Not bad rolls. Looks like average not pick all 4,5 and 6, put the others away and then roll those you pick again."

29. - Top - End - #599

"Very. How does someone like you not get a girl if she's really trying?"

"I got more of a classical training." Though honestly, Naku doesn't even know if that question is aimed at her. "What is bluegrass?" She asks, eyebrow raised slightly, and curiosity obvious in her voice.
    "A type of music from most standard Earths. A sort of folk music."

My Characters

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist nods.
    "Yeah, thanks. So, have you been doing well? Neither of us have been checking in as much as we should, I think." he admits.