New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1474

Thread: The Roost

1. - Top - End - #1381
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Roost

Late Afternoon

"If you are willing, then I suppose I cannot stop you." Iamar's doing her best to downplay it, but she's honestly a little excited. Sure, this woman definitely didn't know how to make the food of her home, but at least somebody was willing to try.

2. - Top - End - #1382

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Late Afternoon

"If you are willing, then I suppose I cannot stop you." Iamar's doing her best to downplay it, but she's honestly a little excited. Sure, this woman definitely didn't know how to make the food of her home, but at least somebody was willing to try.
    Late Afternoon

"Then I will keep my eyes open! In the meantime, is there anything else I can get for you?" Naku asks, though somewhere in the middle of that, she gets a kind of far-off expression for just a second, before blinking it away, and beginning to smile slightly.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

3. - Top - End - #1383

Late Afternoon

Iamar considers for a moment, and looks at her cup. She didn't really need anything, but for some reason she didn't want to just say "nothing." ". . .I would appreciate more tea, if you please."

4. - Top - End - #1384

Late Afternoon

Iamar considers for a moment, and looks at her cup. She didn't really need anything, but for some reason she didn't want to just say "nothing." ". . .I would appreciate more tea, if you please."
    Afternoon: Late

"O-of course! I'll bring the entire pot for you." Naku says, before bowing, backing away slightly, and leaving to go actually get a pot. Of course, now she had to actually prepare it, but that was easy. Naku quickly got the things together, and brought out the pot of still steeping tea to Iamar, and placing it on the table with only minorly shaking hands.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

5. - Top - End - #1385

Late Afternoon

Iamar watches Naku as she leaves. Maybe one day she'd actually eat something here. She'd have to meet the cook first, though.

When the pot of tea arrives, Iamar looks from it to Naku's hands to her face. "Are you cold?"

6. - Top - End - #1386

Late Afternoon

Iamar watches Naku as she leaves. Maybe one day she'd actually eat something here. She'd have to meet the cook first, though.

When the pot of tea arrives, Iamar looks from it to Naku's hands to her face. "Are you cold?"
    Late Afternoon

"N-no. I'm sorry." Naku replies, blushing slightly. Why couldn't she stop her dumb hands from shaking?! Gosh! "I'm just . . . I'm really happy. It's beginning to snow outside, and I was afraid we wouldn't get any snow." It's true! Through the windows of the Roost, a few flakes of snow are definitely falling.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1387

Late Afternoon

Iamar looks up at Naku, failing to notice the blushing, then through the windows. She makes a vague noise that could've been mistaken for a chuckle. "We would get snow every winter back home. Strange that it's something to worry about here."

8. - Top - End - #1388

Late Afternoon

Iamar looks up at Naku, failing to notice the blushing, then through the windows. She makes a vague noise that could've been mistaken for a chuckle. "We would get snow every winter back home. Strange that it's something to worry about here."
    Late Afternoon

"Well," Naku comments, crossing her arms over the serving tray and holding it down, covering her midriff. "It's not so much 'worry' about it, as it is just that I really like the snow, and it just makes me happy to see it again."
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1389

Late Afternoon

"To be honest, I don't much care for snow myself," Iamar says, then she actually thinks about what she said. "But if you're excited for it, that's good."

10. - Top - End - #1390

Late Afternoon

"To be honest, I don't much care for snow myself," Iamar says, then she actually thinks about what she said. "But if you're excited for it, that's good."
    Late Afternoon

"Oh." Naku aaalmost sounded just a touch sad. "But that's all right! It's cold, and I know a lot of people don't like cold. I just really do like it, is all. It's all white and clean and fresh and pure, and it's just wonderful~"
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1391

Late Afternoon

Iamar listens a bit more intently than she'd intended to. "You make quite a case for it," she says. "I'd only thought it difficult to get around."

12. - Top - End - #1392

Late Afternoon

Iamar listens a bit more intently than she'd intended to. "You make quite a case for it," she says. "I'd only thought it difficult to get around."
    Late Afternoon

"Well, it absolutely still does that." Naku admits with a bit of a laugh. "And it can be quite cold. But I always found the cold quite refreshing. And that cruuuunch. You know when you step on it? And it just makes that crunching noise. That's one of my favorite noises."
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1393

Late Afternoon

Iamar realizes that she doesn't really have a favorite noise. She doesn't have a lot of favorite things at all, really. Huh. "What is important is that you find joy in it, I suppose," she says.

14. - Top - End - #1394

Late Afternoon

Iamar realizes that she doesn't really have a favorite noise. She doesn't have a lot of favorite things at all, really. Huh. "What is important is that you find joy in it, I suppose," she says.
    Late Afternoon

"When there's more of it, we can go out into it and step around a bit. I'm sure you'd enjoy it too! And it's definitely not stopping snowing any time soon, soooo" Naku giggles a bit at that.

And then just kinda stops and blinks a few times. Was. Was that a giggle? She never giggled! What even was that.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1395

Late Afternoon

"Perhaps." Iamar internally balks at her response. With everyone else, she'd have just said no and been done with it. What was so different now?

16. - Top - End - #1396

Late Afternoon

"Perhaps." Iamar internally balks at her response. With everyone else, she'd have just said no and been done with it. What was so different now?
    Late Afternoon

"Theeeen I will leave you to your tea for a bit. We'll reconvene in a bit, once there's some more snow, and we'll go outside, yes?"
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1397

Late Afternoon

Iamar wants to protest, say that she had never said yes, only maybe, but she only finds herself nodding once before sipping on her tea.

18. - Top - End - #1398

Late Afternoon

Iamar wants to protest, say that she had never said yes, only maybe, but she only finds herself nodding once before sipping on her tea.
    Late Afternoon

"Then I will return in a little bit!" Naku says, smiling happily at Iamar, before heading off to check on another table.

"Ohai Naku!" Civvy, the person sitting at the other table still, says happily when Naku comes over to check on her. "My waiter appears to have Deadtimed. May I talk to you for a liiittle biiit?"
    "Y-yeah. Of course. What can I do for you?"
    "Good! Could I talk to you privately?"
    "Of course." Civvy cheered slightly, took Naku's hand in her own, and excited dragged the vampire off to the break room.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Pixie in the Playground

((Hey people, new member here. I've heard about freeform roleplaying and decided to give it a shot, why not? Say, is the Roost a strictly peaceful thread or is it allowed to start some trouble?))

Cold Morning

The Roost's door swings open and in steps a rather rough looking man, dressed like a cowboy. Middle aged, with unhealthy, grey skin and sharp, red eyes. He obviously wasn't from this part of town.

Wallace looks around, searching for the young, blue haired woman he was supposed to meet. Of the few customers that found their way to the Roost at this early hour, no one matched the description. Was he being deceived? Did he walk into a trap? Or did he just get paranoid from living in the worse part of Deadwood for too long? Probably the latter. Wallace sighs takes a seat at a small table, close to the door. He flips through the menu. Might as well eat breakfast while waiting for the client.

((I've looked at the main thread of Inside, and it seems like every zone and location has a player assigned to it. Why? Can you not play in a location unless you get permission from that player? Did I miss some critical explanation post/thread?

Also, how do you start playing in such big, busy threads? Open up a new storyline and hope someone joins or just insert your character into an already running plot?

Sorry if I ask too many stupid questions.))

((Also, since I'm not allowed to post links yet, just imagine the word cowboy would link to this image i.ytimg.com/vi/wAP3H2rXlwA/maxresdefault.jpg ))

20. - Top - End - #1400

Quote Originally Posted by Cola View Post
    ((Hey people, new member here. I've heard about freeform roleplaying and decided to give it a shot, why not? Say, is the Roost a strictly peaceful thread or is it allowed to start some trouble?))

Cold Morning

The Roost's door swings open and in steps a rather rough looking man, dressed like a cowboy. Middle aged, with unhealthy, grey skin and sharp, red eyes. He obviously wasn't from this part of town.

Wallace looks around, searching for the young, blue haired woman he was supposed to meet. Of the few customers that found their way to the Roost at this early hour, no one matched the description. Was he being deceived? Did he walk into a trap? Or did he just get paranoid from living in the worse part of Deadwood for too long? Probably the latter. Wallace sighs takes a seat at a small table, close to the door. He flips through the menu. Might as well eat breakfast while waiting for the client.

((I've looked at the main thread of Inside, and it seems like every zone and location has a player assigned to it. Why? Can you not play in a location unless you get permission from that player? Did I miss some critical explanation post/thread?

Also, how do you start playing in such big, busy threads? Open up a new storyline and hope someone joins or just insert your character into an already running plot?

Sorry if I ask too many stupid questions.))

((Also, since I'm not allowed to post links yet, just imagine the word cowboy would link to this image i.ytimg.com/vi/wAP3H2rXlwA/maxresdefault.jpg ))
    ((Welcome to the FFRP, and welcome to the Roost! The Roost is a fairly peaceful place, but there are no enchantments or agreements saying you have to remain peaceful. If you wanted to start some trouble, you definitely could. Just be aware that the waitstaff do not like it, and will request that the trouble stop.))

Cold Morning

Likely this early in the morning, especially with the temperature, the only other person here is Naku. She's quite tall, at just a bit over 6 feet in height, with fairly long, dark purple hair in a loose pony-tail for the day. Her irises are red and have a very peculiar, almost angled patterning in them. Her complexion is very, very pale, and she appears to be of Japanese descent. Also for the day, she happens to be wearing a bright pink Kimono, and has a katana belted on at her hip. The katana looks fairly worn, and lies comfortably, so it's fairly obvious that the weapon, at least, is not part of a simple outfit.
    "Welcome to the Roost, my name is Naku. What may I get for you?" She asks, after coming over to the cowboy. Naku smiles warmly at the newcomer, whiiich also reveals that she is absolutely a vampire.

((No worries at all! Questions are always good! I will send you a message with more detailed answers!))
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee
    ((Welcome to the FFRP, and welcome to the Roost! The Roost is a fairly peaceful place, but there are no enchantments or agreements saying you have to remain peaceful. If you wanted to start some trouble, you definitely could. Just be aware that the waitstaff do not like it, and will request that the trouble stop.))

Cold Morning

Likely this early in the morning, especially with the temperature, the only other person here is Naku. She's quite tall, at just a bit over 6 feet in height, with fairly long, dark purple hair in a loose pony-tail for the day. Her irises are red and have a very peculiar, almost angled patterning in them. Her complexion is very, very pale, and she appears to be of Japanese descent. Also for the day, she happens to be wearing a bright pink Kimono, and has a katana belted on at her hip. The katana looks fairly worn, and lies comfortably, so it's fairly obvious that the weapon, at least, is not part of a simple outfit.
    "Welcome to the Roost, my name is Naku. What may I get for you?" She asks, after coming over to the cowboy. Naku smiles warmly at the newcomer, whiiich also reveals that she is absolutely a vampire.

((No worries at all! Questions are always good! I will send you a message with more detailed answers!))
    ((Thanks for the explanations. I know how to post links, but the system won't let me. New members need at least 10 posts to their name before they can post links and images. Until then, looks like I have to just paste the urls as text. Also, trouble does not always mean violence.))

[Cold Morning]

So that's the reason Wallace could feel a strong undead presence inside this café ((Naku belongs to that kind of vampire, right?)). Assuming there weren't a bunch of zombies hidden away in the storage rooms, this woman must be quite powerful. Good thing he has his revolver hidden in his coat and not dangling around his hips like an outlaw.

"Plate of pancakes, miss.", he says. "And coffee. With lots of Sugar and Milk, please. Also, if I may ask, do you know a blue-haired, young woman with an eye tattooed on her forehead? Said she wanted to meet me in here."

Wallace's gaze wandered across the room once more. Yep, out of the zero other guests present, none matched the description.

voice youtu.be/8s1F523S2lw?t=5s

22. - Top - End - #1402

((Thanks for the explanations. I know how to post links, but the system won't let me. New members need at least 10 posts to their name before they can post links and images. Until then, looks like I have to just paste the urls as text. Also, trouble does not always mean violence.))

[Cold Morning]

So that's the reason Wallace could feel a strong undead presence inside this café ((Naku belongs to that kind of vampire, right?)). Assuming there weren't a bunch of zombies hidden away in the storage rooms, this woman must be quite powerful. Good thing he has his revolver hidden in his coat and not dangling around his hips like an outlaw.

"Plate of pancakes, miss.", he says. "And coffee. With lots of Sugar and Milk, please. Also, if I may ask, do you know a blue-haired, young woman with an eye tattooed on her forehead? Said she wanted to meet me in here."

Wallace's gaze wandered across the room once more. Yep, out of the zero other guests present, none matched the description.

voice youtu.be/8s1F523S2lw?t=5s
    ((You are very welcome! That's weiiiird, I've never heard of that! Though it makes sense to avoid spambots.))

[Cold Morning]

Naku is actually not that kind of vampire! She is very much still alive.

"Aaabsolutely." Naku says, scribbling some things down onto a small notepad. "I'll bring the sugar and milk out for you, so you can flavor to your liking.
    I'm afraid I don't. She sounds pretty distinctive, but I don't believe I've seen her around."
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    ((You are very welcome! That's weiiiird, I've never heard of that! Though it makes sense to avoid spambots.))

[Cold Morning]

Naku is actually not that kind of vampire! She is very much still alive.

"Aaabsolutely." Naku says, scribbling some things down onto a small notepad. "I'll bring the sugar and milk out for you, so you can flavor to your liking.
    I'm afraid I don't. She sounds pretty distinctive, but I don't believe I've seen her around."
    [Cold Morning]

"No problem. People often want to meet where nobody would recognize them."

((I have no idea where moving the plot ends and godmodding starts, so I'll just put the next few paragraphs under an if-condition.))
    ((If Naku doesn't continue the conversation and goes to the kitchen)):

Wallace sits at his table, idly flipping through the menu some more and checking his smartphone for messages. None. How rude. That's when he feels something. The powerful undead presence was quickly moving away. Within a few seconds he couldn't feel it at all anymore. Did Naku leave this place? Probably not, if the talk from the kitchen was any indication.

Was she not a vampire? Sure, everyone was possible in the Nexus, but in his six years of living here, Wallace had never met or heard about a vampire that was not undead.

A vampire that flipped his understanding of vampires, an undead thing that vanished shortly after he entered the Roost and a client that wants to meet him in a place none of them had ever been to before. Something fishy might be going on here. Walace absolutely expects some mooks to burst threough the door any second now, pump him full of bullets and loot his body. Still, he has to stay, wait and see. He needs the money from the deal, and he could not leave without paying for the pancakes and coffee.

Time for the old decoy startegy. Wallace pulls a small, vibrantly colored block of glass from his coat pocket. Pressing an inconspicuous button, he switches on the softly glowing LEDs inside. An excellent imitation of a life crystal, as long as you don't try to actually use it for something. At least in the past, surrendering one of these to nasty clients had always bought him enough time to get out of trouble.

24. - Top - End - #1404

[Cold Morning]

"No problem. People often want to meet where nobody would recognize them."

((I have no idea where moving the plot ends and godmodding starts, so I'll just put the next few paragraphs under an if-condition.))
    ((If Naku doesn't continue the conversation and goes to the kitchen)):

Wallace sits at his table, idly flipping through the menu some more and checking his smartphone for messages. None. How rude. That's when he feels something. The powerful undead presence was quickly moving away. Within a few seconds he couldn't feel it at all anymore. Did Naku leave this place? Probably not, if the talk from the kitchen was any indication.

Was she not a vampire? Sure, everyone was possible in the Nexus, but in his six years of living here, Wallace had never met or heard about a vampire that was not undead.

A vampire that flipped his understanding of vampires, an undead thing that vanished shortly after he entered the Roost and a client that wants to meet him in a place none of them had ever been to before. Something fishy might be going on here. Walace absolutely expects some mooks to burst threough the door any second now, pump him full of bullets and loot his body. Still, he has to stay, wait and see. He needs the money from the deal, and he could not leave without paying for the pancakes and coffee.

Time for the old decoy startegy. Wallace pulls a small, vibrantly colored block of glass from his coat pocket. Pressing an inconspicuous button, he switches on the softly glowing LEDs inside. An excellent imitation of a life crystal, as long as you don't try to actually use it for something. At least in the past, surrendering one of these to nasty clients had always bought him enough time to get out of trouble.
    ]Cold Marning[

"I suppose that's true. I'll be right out with your coffee." Naku says, before bowing slightly, and backing away from the table. She heads off to go get the coffee, and won't be gone long.

((This is perfectly fine! Godmodding only really takes affect when you're directly controlling someone else's character for them. In this case, you're just saying that if she leaves, your character does this. That is perfectly fine.
    What would be not fine would be doing that, and then also bringing Naku back to the table with the coffee, as you've then dictated what my character does for me. That's when the problems arise.))

If there is another presence around The Roost, Naku can absolutely feel it as well. She is acutely aware of everything nearby to the cafe. If it had a heartbeat, she can tell exactly where it is. If it has blood, old, undead, or even rotting away blood, she can tell exactly where it is. So the odds of an ambush striking The Roost is fairly minuscule, without her knowing about it.

She comes back to the table just a minute or two later, her strides unthinkingly measured and precise, always maintaining her center of balance, should she need it. "Your coffee." She says upon reaching the table, and putting a steaming cup of coffee in front of Walace. She continues to take a small pitcher of cream (not just milk. This is a classy place), and small sugar bowl off and place them on the table as well. She crosses her arms, tray held flat against her, and asks "Would you like anything else, while you wait for the pancakes? We have games, or even just some company, if you would like."
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Pixie in the Playground

]Cold Marning[

"I suppose that's true. I'll be right out with your coffee." Naku says, before bowing slightly, and backing away from the table. She heads off to go get the coffee, and won't be gone long.

((This is perfectly fine! Godmodding only really takes affect when you're directly controlling someone else's character for them. In this case, you're just saying that if she leaves, your character does this. That is perfectly fine.
    What would be not fine would be doing that, and then also bringing Naku back to the table with the coffee, as you've then dictated what my character does for me. That's when the problems arise.))

If there is another presence around The Roost, Naku can absolutely feel it as well. She is acutely aware of everything nearby to the cafe. If it had a heartbeat, she can tell exactly where it is. If it has blood, old, undead, or even rotting away blood, she can tell exactly where it is. So the odds of an ambush striking The Roost is fairly minuscule, without her knowing about it.

She comes back to the table just a minute or two later, her strides unthinkingly measured and precise, always maintaining her center of balance, should she need it. "Your coffee." She says upon reaching the table, and putting a steaming cup of coffee in front of Walace. She continues to take a small pitcher of cream (not just milk. This is a classy place), and small sugar bowl off and place them on the table as well. She crosses her arms, tray held flat against her, and asks "Would you like anything else, while you wait for the pancakes? We have games, or even just some company, if you would like."
    [Ye Colde Morning]

Wallace slips the glass cube back into his pocket. "Thank you."
    He immediately starts shoveling sugar and pouring cream into his coffee, obliterating the unique aroma of the Roost's roasting/brewing method.
    "No, th... did you say games?" Of course he had noticed the many gaming tables before, but didn't pay much attention to them as no other guest was around. Was this one of the places where young women with big eyes and colorful hair dress up in cute costumes and socialize with their customers? Fine with him. "Oh heck yes. I love games, Miss. Would be nice to play some Magic without having to worry about your opponent pulling his gun on you if you play a zombie deck." Wallace quickly gulps down his coffee, a big smile on his ghastly face. "You have some spare deck lying around? Didn't bring my own one. Name's Wallace, by the way."
    Last edited by Cola; 2017-01-27 at 02:42 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1406

[Ye Colde Morning]

Wallace slips the glass cube back into his pocket. "Thank you."
    He immediately starts shoveling sugar and pouring cream into his coffee, obliterating the unique aroma of the Roost's roasting/brewing method.
    "No, th... did you say games?" Of course he had noticed the many gaming tables before, but didn't pay much attention to them as no other guest was around. Was this one of the places where young women with big eyes and colorful hair dress up in cute costumes and socialize with their customers? Fine with him. "Oh heck yes. I love games, Miss. Would be nice to play some Magic without having to worry about your opponent pulling his gun on you if you play a zombie deck." Wallace quickly gulps down his coffee, a big smile on his ghastly face. "You have some spare deck lying around? Didn't bring my own one. Name's Wallace, by the way."
    [Cold Morning[

Well, Naku's eyes weren't particularly large, but that is, in a nutshell, exactly what this place is!

Fortunately, Naku wasn't the one that spent hours roasting and making the beans perfect. Nor did she actually even drink the coffee, so she wasn't terribly offended by Wallace adding things to the coffee. The chef, though. He'd be livid.
    "That sounds wonderful! And I'm always up for a game or three of Magic. I'm sure we've got some extra decks around here. What color or colors would you like?
    Wallace? Naku. Pleasure to meet you."
    Naku says, offering him a hand and a happy smile. Her own hand is fairly cool, and actually has a thin scar along the back of it.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Pixie in the Playground

[Cold Morning[

Well, Naku's eyes weren't particularly large, but that is, in a nutshell, exactly what this place is!

Fortunately, Naku wasn't the one that spent hours roasting and making the beans perfect. Nor did she actually even drink the coffee, so she wasn't terribly offended by Wallace adding things to the coffee. The chef, though. He'd be livid.
    "That sounds wonderful! And I'm always up for a game or three of Magic. I'm sure we've got some extra decks around here. What color or colors would you like?
    Wallace? Naku. Pleasure to meet you."
    Naku says, offering him a hand and a happy smile. Her own hand is fairly cool, and actually has a thin scar along the back of it.
    [Cold Morning]

As Wallace's unshaved, unshowered neighbor likes to say: "To appreciate something, you must first know of its existence." Maybe the guy doesn't believe in the existence of soap, who knows.

Although Wallace's hand looks like it had already died days ago, it is rather hot. Commence firm cowboy handshake.
    "Mono black is good." Didn't he think that "something fishy going on" and how "anyone and anything could be a trap" just two minutes ago? Doesn't matter anymore. Magic is love, Magic is life.
    "Well then, Miss Naku. Do you often play Magic?" he asks. Just so he can estimate her skill level and adjust his play, of course. Roflstomping a beginner wouldn't be fun for anyone.

Naku can feel Wallace's strong heartbeat. The man is as alive as one can be. ((Just saying, in case the difference between alive and undead will matter anything in this roleplay.))

28. - Top - End - #1408

[Cold Morning]

As Wallace's unshaved, unshowered neighbor likes to say: "To appreciate something, you must first know of its existence." Maybe the guy doesn't believe in the existence of soap, who knows.

Although Wallace's hand looks like it had already died days ago, it is rather hot. Commence firm cowboy handshake.
    "Mono black is good." Didn't he think that "something fishy going on" and how "anyone and anything could be a trap" just two minutes ago? Doesn't matter anymore. Magic is love, Magic is life.
    "Well then, Miss Naku. Do you often play Magic?" he asks. Just so he can estimate her skill level and adjust his play, of course. Roflstomping a beginner wouldn't be fun for anyone.

Naku can feel Wallace's strong heartbeat. The man is as alive as one can be. ((Just saying, in case the difference between alive and undead will matter anything in this roleplay.))
    [Cold Morning]

"Yeah, I'm sure I have one around here somewhere. One moment." Naku walks over to the wall, and pulls down a fairly large box, full of smaller boxes, all of which are full of cards. She digs through them a bit, opening them up, sliding a few cards mostly out, closing it again and sorting them into three piles. One pile is much larger than the others. "I play when I can." She continued, sorting out the boxes into Mono-black, Not-Black, and Has-Blue-In-It. "Been playing for a little while. A year or so, I believe." With that, she puts the non-mono-black decks back into the box, with the decks with blue in them off to the side of the box, and proceeds to just put everything else away.
    She places the three decks on the table in front of Wallace. "If you want to go through them, pick whichever you like the most. I'll go get my deck. Be right baaaack." With that, she heads off to go get her own deck.

There are no fixed decks made, sooooo whatever he wants, basically.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Pixie in the Playground

[Cold Morning]

"Yeah, I'm sure I have one around here somewhere. One moment." Naku walks over to the wall, and pulls down a fairly large box, full of smaller boxes, all of which are full of cards. She digs through them a bit, opening them up, sliding a few cards mostly out, closing it again and sorting them into three piles. One pile is much larger than the others. "I play when I can." She continued, sorting out the boxes into Mono-black, Not-Black, and Has-Blue-In-It. "Been playing for a little while. A year or so, I believe." With that, she puts the non-mono-black decks back into the box, with the decks with blue in them off to the side of the box, and proceeds to just put everything else away.
    She places the three decks on the table in front of Wallace. "If you want to go through them, pick whichever you like the most. I'll go get my deck. Be right baaaack." With that, she heads off to go get her own deck.

There are no fixed decks made, sooooo whatever he wants, basically.
    [Cold Morning]

Wallace looks through all three decks, one card after the other. One control deck, one aggro deck and - oh yes - a zombie midrange deck, his favorite. Some pretty good stuff in it, too. It's so nice to know that your precious creatures won't need to stay in the graveyard.

Strange how Naku left the blue decks outside the box. As if something was wrong with them.

Something moved outside the window, barely noticeable to Wallace's peripheral vision. He startled, his hands tensed. A cat had jumped upon the windowsill.
    Yes, he was pretty paranoid today.

30. - Top - End - #1410

[Cold Morning]

Wallace looks through all three decks, one card after the other. One control deck, one aggro deck and - oh yes - a zombie midrange deck, his favorite. Some pretty good stuff in it, too. It's so nice to know that your precious creatures won't need to stay in the graveyard.

Strange how Naku left the blue decks outside the box. As if something was wrong with them.

Something moved outside the window, barely noticeable to Wallace's peripheral vision. He startled, his hands tensed. A cat had jumped upon the windowsill.
    Yes, he was pretty paranoid today.
    ]Cold Morning]

Naku walks back to Wallace's table with her deck, already humming a happy little tune, and shuffling her deck. She's just splitting it into two piles, and gently wiggling one half into the other half, letting repetition shuffle the cards for her. She's definitely done that a lot, as her hands move quickly and efficiently. She is very likely not a new player to Magic.
    Her deck is also noticeably thicker than a standard regulation 60-card deck, and the sleeves have some sort of pink angel on them.

Naku just hates blue. With a fiery passion.

She sits down at the table, after noticing the cat and smiling at it. She likes cats.
    "You chose yours, then?"
    Show