New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: The Roost

1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Roost

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    It's fairly obvious Naku would really rather him not. And with the way she's holding the platter, it would be pretty hard to try to get her hands off of it. So that doesn't happen.

"A, Anyway." Naku says, reaching up to brush a stubborn bit of hair back behind her ear. "Is there anything else I can do for you two?"
    Hmm... I guess maybe conversation if it wouldn't be too much of a hindrance? I'm new here. Well, more long gone for a decade and a half and only returning a week ago, but semantics.
    Alexis requests.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Hmm... I guess maybe conversation if it wouldn't be too much of a hindrance? I'm new here. Well, more long gone for a decade and a half and only returning a week ago, but semantics.
    Alexis requests.
    "Of course! It's quiet right now, and I've got plenty of time. Though if another customer arrives, I'll need to go see to them." Naku says, pulling over a chair, and sitting down herself. "What would you like to talk about?" She asks, smiling at Alexis.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Orc in the Playground

Sharpe shakes his head. "Friendly greeting, milady." He bows, then leaves in a hurry.

4. - Top - End - #154

"Of course! It's quiet right now, and I've got plenty of time. Though if another customer arrives, I'll need to go see to them." Naku says, pulling over a chair, and sitting down herself. "What would you like to talk about?" She asks, smiling at Alexis.
    I'm interested in the general state of things and current events right now, honestly. I know of all the factions and cities, but not so much about what the Nexus is like right now.
    Alexis replies.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

5. - Top - End - #155

I'm interested in the general state of things and current events right now, honestly. I know of all the factions and cities, but not so much about what the Nexus is like right now.
    Alexis replies.
    "I'm not so sure how much I can tell you, really. I've been either in the DFI or here most all my time here. But if you have any specifics I can tell you what I can."
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

6. - Top - End - #156

"I'm not so sure how much I can tell you, really. I've been either in the DFI or here most all my time here. But if you have any specifics I can tell you what I can."
    Hmm... Any rumors then?
    Alexis initially asks, trying desperately to keep a straight face.
    I'm joking. Never understood why apparently people who work at inns and bars et cetera are rumor mills.
    I'm mainly curious on how HALO and WATCHTOWER are currently, as well as how Inside itself is right now.

The joking remark is possible to come after any indignant remarks or actual rumors, by the way.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

7. - Top - End - #157

Hmm... Any rumors then?
    Alexis initially asks, trying desperately to keep a straight face.
    I'm joking. Never understood why apparently people who work at inns and bars et cetera are rumor mills.
    I'm mainly curious on how HALO and WATCHTOWER are currently, as well as how Inside itself is right now.

The joking remark is possible to come after any indignant remarks or actual rumors, by the way.
    "Because," Naku explains, finally on somewhat familiar turf, "we make conversation with customers, so we hear aaaall sorts of things, and then turn right back around and can spread those rumors to more people.

I honestly don't know. I'm not affiliated with either, and haven't had any rumors come through."
    Show

8. - Top - End - #158

"Because," Naku explains, finally on somewhat familiar turf, "we make conversation with customers, so we hear aaaall sorts of things, and then turn right back around and can spread those rumors to more people.

I honestly don't know. I'm not affiliated with either, and haven't had any rumors come through."
    that makes sense. Seems a bit rude to me though, honestly, as it basically is saying people who work at inns and the like are all gossipers who talk to people about every little piece of possibly personal business they've heard. It just seems to be saying that to me.
    Alexis replies.
    Ah. I understand that. Thanks anyways though!
    she responds with little disappointment. It's not too big of a deal to her.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

9. - Top - End - #159

that makes sense. Seems a bit rude to me though, honestly, as it basically is saying people who work at inns and the like are all gossipers who talk to people about every little piece of possibly personal business they've heard. It just seems to be saying that to me.
    Alexis replies.
    Ah. I understand that. Thanks anyways though!
    she responds with little disappointment. It's not too big of a deal to her.
    "Nah, that does seem to be what the stereotype is saying. But this isn't strictly a bad thing. A lot of times the rumors they're spreading around are things like jobs for adventurers.

Why were you asking? Did youuuu used to be a member?"
    Naku asks, slightly puzzled.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160

"Nah, that does seem to be what the stereotype is saying. But this isn't strictly a bad thing. A lot of times the rumors they're spreading around are things like jobs for adventurers.

Why were you asking? Did youuuu used to be a member?"
    Naku asks, slightly puzzled.
    Fair point.

Well... I'm afraid I was a bit too young to join last time I lived here.

Alexis makes a point of this by tipping her cap to reveal the Persian Blue feline ears below, with a conspiratorial wink of a vivid pink eye.
    I'm hoping to become a great hero, but first I need to learn what the Nexus is like now before I act.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

11. - Top - End - #161

Fair point.

Well... I'm afraid I was a bit too young to join last time I lived here.

Alexis makes a point of this by tipping her cap to reveal the Persian Blue feline ears below, with a conspiratorial wink of a vivid pink eye.
    I'm hoping to become a great hero, but first I need to learn what the Nexus is like now before I act.
    Naku blinks a few times. "Are you related to Reinholdt, at all?" She asks, tilting her head slightly.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #162

Naku blinks a few times. "Are you related to Reinholdt, at all?" She asks, tilting her head slightly.
    The catgirl nods.
    Prefer it not to be too public though. I know the secrecy won't last long, but I want to have people see me for who I am, not what I am.
    She explains, her hat already back upon her head as before.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

13. - Top - End - #163

The catgirl nods.
    Prefer it not to be too public though. I know the secrecy won't last long, but I want to have people see me for who I am, not what I am.
    She explains, her hat already back upon her head as before.
    "I would suggest colored contact lenses, then. There are only a few people that I know of with pink eyes, and Civvy's not a mother." Naku suggests. "And maybe dying your hair and ear colors. Hmmmm." Naku frowns in thought, head tilting slightly. "I'll vouch for purple." She says with a grin.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164

"I would suggest colored contact lenses, then. There are only a few people that I know of with pink eyes, and Civvy's not a mother." Naku suggests. "And maybe dying your hair and ear colors. Hmmmm." Naku frowns in thought, head tilting slightly. "I'll vouch for purple." She says with a grin.
    Alexis chuckles at the color vote.
    Great minds think alike, clearly. Maybe white for fur and hair as well. Fits the color scheme I happen to have, after all!
    She replies
    ((speaking of Civvy, wanna have Alexis meet her too? Maybe Sophia ends up bringing Alexis in as a new Recruit for the paladin thingy of that's not too dead by now))
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

15. - Top - End - #165

Alexis chuckles at the color vote.
    Great minds think alike, clearly. Maybe white for fur and hair as well. Fits the color scheme I happen to have, after all!
    She replies
    ((speaking of Civvy, wanna have Alexis meet her too? Maybe Sophia ends up bringing Alexis in as a new Recruit for the paladin thingy of that's not too dead by now))
    "White would work well, wwwwobably." Naku tried. She tried really hard to come up with a word that works for 'maybe' but starts with a w. She almost got it. "And then you wouldn't have to worry about hiding anything, I think. There are at least a few other people I can think of that have ears." Like, whoever it was a while back that had come through and blessed the DFI. Hmmm. Naku can't quite remember her name, but wonders how she's doing.
    ((At some point, sure! I think that's too dead at this point, though. So it might have to be elsewhere.))
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166

"White would work well, wwwwobably." Naku tried. She tried really hard to come up with a word that works for 'maybe' but starts with a w. She almost got it. "And then you wouldn't have to worry about hiding anything, I think. There are at least a few other people I can think of that have ears." Like, whoever it was a while back that had come through and blessed the DFI. Hmmm. Naku can't quite remember her name, but wonders how she's doing.
    ((At some point, sure! I think that's too dead at this point, though. So it might have to be elsewhere.))
    True. I'm probably gonna keep the hat though. Back home, people with animal traits aren't looked upon well. I've always worn the hat because of my aforementioned reason of disguise, and I guess it grew on me.
    She responds.

((Hmmmmmm....... Maybe just Random Plots? Also, Alexis is badically gonna be working to forge a whole new identity now! Yay for innkeeper inspiration! ))
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

17. - Top - End - #167

True. I'm probably gonna keep the hat though. Back home, people with animal traits aren't looked upon well. I've always worn the hat because of my aforementioned reason of disguise, and I guess it grew on me.
    She responds.

((Hmmmmmm....... Maybe just Random Plots? Also, Alexis is badically gonna be working to forge a whole new identity now! Yay for innkeeper inspiration! ))
    Naku shrugs slightly. "If you like the hat, keep it. Don't wear it because of fear, though. Back home, I wasn't exactly welcomed with open arms myself." Naku says, grinning her toothy grin at Alexis. "Don't let other people stop you from being you."

((Or here at some point when Civvy comes by maybe. Also, Naku's not an innkeeper any more. She's a waitress.))
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168

Naku shrugs slightly. "If you like the hat, keep it. Don't wear it because of fear, though. Back home, I wasn't exactly welcomed with open arms myself." Naku says, grinning her toothy grin at Alexis. "Don't let other people stop you from being you."

((Or here at some point when Civvy comes by maybe. Also, Naku's not an innkeeper any more. She's a waitress.))
    Agreed. However, I feel that it's often overlooked that to conceal your form doesn't necessarily mean you're concealing yourself. It doesn't always inhibit your personality, who you are, as well.
    Honestly, I think my actions are more a display of personality than anything else; I'm willing to conceal my form to prevent judgement upon me to be altered by heritage, to try and have others judge not upon appearance but upon my traits

Alexis muses.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

19. - Top - End - #169

Agreed. However, I feel that it's often overlooked that to conceal your form doesn't necessarily mean you're concealing yourself. It doesn't always inhibit your personality, who you are, as well.
    Honestly, I think my actions are more a display of personality than anything else; I'm willing to conceal my form to prevent judgement upon me to be altered by heritage, to try and have others judge not upon appearance but upon my traits

Alexis muses.
    "It's true. People won't ever give you a chance to let your personality and who you actually are win them over if they're too busy judging you for what you are." Naku agrees, nodding a few times.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170

"It's true. People won't ever give you a chance to let your personality and who you actually are win them over if they're too busy judging you for what you are." Naku agrees, nodding a few times.
    Alexis nods in agreement.
    That's the problem with people. We enjoy simplicity despite life resisting the very notion, and in doing so are too quick to simplify the beings which contain multitudes.
    She responds, quoting a famous poet unawares.
    [color]It's probably best I take my leave. Thank you, and I can say with confidence you can expect a return. By a woman of different name and form, but not of spirit and personality.[/color]
    And with that, Alexis is likely to exit unless there's intervention.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

21. - Top - End - #171

Alexis nods in agreement.
    That's the problem with people. We enjoy simplicity despite life resisting the very notion, and in doing so are too quick to simplify the beings which contain multitudes.
    She responds, quoting a famous poet unawares.
    It's probably best I take my leave. Thank you, and I can say with confidence you can expect a return. By a woman of different name and form, but not of spirit and personality.
    And with that, Alexis is likely to exit unless there's intervention.
    "We were honored to have you," Naku says, standing up, "and would be delighted to see you again." She finishes with a bow.

No intervention here.

Then she looks at Sophia, who I believe is still here. If not, ignore this bit. "And how are you?"
    Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

The tedious motion of the tavern doors recites a rehearsed verse, creaking as a new patron enters.
    A sillouet stands in the doorway looking back to the road from where it came, waving a hand, motioning for someone outside to follow.
    Patience however was not this strangers strong suit.
    His bare feet and child frame give to only a soft thudding on the floor as he hastily and purposefully makes his way to the counter.

The child, or young man, looks to be around 15, adorned in simple yet tattered tight tan clothing he is covered in an array of dirt, scratches and light injuries. Despite his ill savage-like appearance he bounces along the room clearly holding himself with a sense of pride and happiness.

When he reaches the bar he looks upon the menu with a large smile as he eagerly places his seemingly only possession on the table.
    Tied around his waistline a piece of rope acted as a belt and a sling holding a 3 eye-socketed skull.

As he places it onto the table a small array of odd coins spill out briefly rolling around the table before him before coming to a complete stop.
    He runs a hand through his wild matted dark hair seemingly concentrating on the coins before finally giving up and bursting out with another smile and excitedly announcing.

"As much food an' drink as that can get me please!"

He calls out to the nearest waiter, his voice is louder then necessary but not a shout, his words are soft and polite and his stomach loudly grumbles agreeing with his request.
    He looks back to the entrance door, waiting.

23. - Top - End - #173

Quote Originally Posted by Holy-hunter View Post
    The tedious motion of the tavern doors recites a rehearsed verse, creaking as a new patron enters.
    A sillouet stands in the doorway looking back to the road from where it came, waving a hand, motioning for someone outside to follow.
    Patience however was not this strangers strong suit.
    His bare feet and child frame give to only a soft thudding on the floor as he hastily and purposefully makes his way to the counter.

The child, or young man, looks to be around 15, adorned in simple yet tattered tight tan clothing he is covered in an array of dirt, scratches and light injuries. Despite his ill savage-like appearance he bounces along the room clearly holding himself with a sense of pride and happiness.

When he reaches the bar he looks upon the menu with a large smile as he eagerly places his seemingly only possession on the table.
    Tied around his waistline a piece of rope acted as a belt and a sling holding a 3 eye-socketed skull.

As he places it onto the table a small array of odd coins spill out briefly rolling around the table before him before coming to a complete stop.
    He runs a hand through his wild matted dark hair seemingly concentrating on the coins before finally giving up and bursting out with another smile and excitedly announcing.

"As much food an' drink as that can get me please!"

He calls out to the nearest waiter, his voice is louder then necessary but not a shout, his words are soft and polite and his stomach loudly grumbles agreeing with his request.
    He looks back to the entrance door, waiting.
    Well, Naku's the only waitress currently on duty, and she was there in front of the door to bow and welcome him with a friendly "Irasshaimase!"
    There is no actual bar, as this is a cafe, not an inn or tavern, but Naku directs him to any of the open tables. "I'm sure that can get you plenty! What would you like? Coffee, juice, and what type of food? We do hash browns, scrambled eggs, sausage, various breakfast-y things. Would you like a plate of just everything?"
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, Naku's the only waitress currently on duty, and she was there in front of the door to bow and welcome him with a friendly "Irasshaimase!"
    There is no actual bar, as this is a cafe, not an inn or tavern, but Naku directs him to any of the open tables. "I'm sure that can get you plenty! What would you like? Coffee, juice, and what type of food? We do hash browns, scrambled eggs, sausage, various breakfast-y things. Would you like a plate of just everything?"
    "Oh" Arlen starts, realising the stranger offering him an odd greeting was also the waiter. As he takes a table for two the boy looks up at the waiter with a puzzled look on his face, dismissing it he says with an ever-present smile, "a bit of everything breakfast for two and some milk please"
    He then cups the coins in his hand and slides them across the table towards the waiter.
    "I hope there's enough. Thank you miss!"

25. - Top - End - #175

"Oh" Arlen starts, realising the stranger offering him an odd greeting was also the waiter. As he takes a table for two the boy looks up at the waiter with a puzzled look on his face, dismissing it he says with an ever-present smile, "a bit of everything breakfast for two and some milk please"
    He then cups the coins in his hand and slides them across the table towards the waiter.
    "I hope there's enough. Thank you miss!"
    "I think more than enough! I'll count it out and bring back the extra! I'll be back in just a few minutes." Naku says, bowing slightly and heading off to go get food.
    She could swears she remembers Arlen. But if he didn't recognize her, maybe not.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

"I think more than enough! I'll count it out and bring back the extra! I'll be back in just a few minutes." Naku says, bowing slightly and heading off to go get food.
    She could swears she remembers Arlen. But if he didn't recognize her, maybe not.
    The boy gives an excited grin as he rubs his hands together in anticipation, causing a soft dust of dirt to fall onto the table.
    His eyes flick around the room and to the entrance door more then once before he notices the mess he created.
    He quickly stretches the waist line of his shirt to frantically rub the table clean but it only appears to be smearing the dirt further in. Defeated he disappointedly slumps into his chair.
    Careful not to touch anything further he tucks his hands across his chest, fidgeting and wriggling about as he waits.

27. - Top - End - #177

The boy gives an excited grin as he rubs his hands together in anticipation, causing a soft dust of dirt to fall onto the table.
    His eyes flick around the room and to the entrance door more then once before he notices the mess he created.
    He quickly stretches the waist line of his shirt to frantically rub the table clean but it only appears to be smearing the dirt further in. Defeated he disappointedly slumps into his chair.
    Careful not to touch anything further he tucks his hands across his chest, fidgeting and wriggling about as he waits.
    "Heeere you are!" Naku says, placing his food and drink on the table in front of him, as well as the rest of the food across the table from him. Arlen's plate had a bit of extra gold he had paid with leftover on it, since had had overpaid. "Anything else I can get for you? Even just company while you wait?"
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

The young boys fingers twitch as he eyes the food hungrily, the smell had made its way to his nose and his belly grumbled at his resistance, but he held true to his manners and with a deep gulp he looked to the door with a little concern showing on his brow as he slid his plate to the side.

"Sure" he says as his warm grin once again leapt across his face.
    "Da names Arlen" he announces as he begins instinctively reaching out a hand in greeting before noticing the black caked on dirt, he then proceeds through an awkward stumble of retracting his hand, placing it back out, waving and finally coming to an awkward seated bow.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

Arlen's companion enters after a few moments spent outside gazing upwards at... Well, it doesn't take much to distract a three-week-old dryad on her first visit to a city, even if she does look seventeen or so.

She's built like an elf, slender and graceful, with greyish skin and long, green ash leaves for hair. She's wearing a pale green dress of thin fabric, ending halfway up her thigh, and on her back is a basket of woven reeds. "Sorry Arlen, there was this huge white bird. It was really high up- it was gliding amongst the clouds without moving its wings." Veggmaleri isn't very familiar with aeroplanes.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

30. - Top - End - #180

The young boys fingers twitch as he eyes the food hungrily, the smell had made its way to his nose and his belly grumbled at his resistance, but he held true to his manners and with a deep gulp he looked to the door with a little concern showing on his brow as he slid his plate to the side.

"Sure" he says as his warm grin once again leapt across his face.
    "Da names Arlen" he announces as he begins instinctively reaching out a hand in greeting before noticing the black caked on dirt, he then proceeds through an awkward stumble of retracting his hand, placing it back out, waving and finally coming to an awkward seated bow.
    Naku giggles slightly. "It's a pleasure to meet you, I'm Naku." She would have been happy to take his hand, dirty as it was, but she replied to his bow with one of her own.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Arlen's companion enters after a few moments spent outside gazing upwards at... Well, it doesn't take much to distract a three-week-old dryad on her first visit to a city, even if she does look seventeen or so.

She's built like an elf, slender and graceful, with greyish skin and long, green ash leaves for hair. She's wearing a pale green dress of thin fabric, ending halfway up her thigh, and on her back is a basket of woven reeds. "Sorry Arlen, there was this huge white bird. It was really high up- it was gliding amongst the clouds without moving its wings." Veggmaleri isn't very familiar with aeroplanes.
    "Ah! Irasshaimase!" Naku says, bowing at the newcomer as well! "Arlen's already gotten you some food. May I get you anything to drink?"
    Show