New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Home 20

Veronica's Home

"I'd like to borrow the books then. And I'll buy whatever supplies I need for potioncrafting. I won't be making many though. Just whatever catches my interest."
    She admits. "I don't have magic, so I need to supplement it somehow." Veronica explains before grinning. "I even upgraded my hover-cam to better deal with things. Convinced my boss to put it on the expense account since I've decided to write a series of papers on all this. Mostly my dealings with divine beings and other Agents of the like."

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Veronica's Home

"I'll get them to you later, then." he starts, before raising an eyebrow. "Oh? Upgraded how?" he asks her.

He hopes she didn't make it shoot lasers. That's his thing.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Valentine's Day]

Valente relaxes a bit, letting Astrana reassure him. "Oh, alright." He closes his arms around her and encircles her in his tail. "I guess I'm more tired than I thought." He kisses her nose and rests his head against hers.
    [Valentine's Day]

"With all the children and your preparations, it's no wonder Val." Astrana remarks as she closes her eyes for a moment. She was also pretty tired after work. She tiredly wraps her tail around Valente's waist and pulls him closer to her. "Has anything exciting happened today?" She asks gently with half-closed eyes.

[Thads Home]

As Thad is at home doing, whatever he doing after school, the house will suddenly become oddly quiet as everything suddenly appears to stop except for him. Everything just freezes in places.
    Then he hears a voice. "You're like a magical girl, huh?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2015-04-09 at 12:50 PM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Veronica's Home

Veronica gives a series of whistles and Jace will see her Hovercam rise out of her purse. The once perfect sphere now has four ridges in an X shape around it that expand out, revealing eight little gun barrels. "Death Blossom upgrade. It can fire bursts of blaster fire from the eight barrels, but on command it can spin as if it were a gyroscope, targeting all hostile beings in a small area. It drains the power though." She admits. "I've added whistle commands and uploaded your and Zebe's pictures in for Friendly Designation. The reason I got this for a work expense is that I've put in for a promotion into a Crime Reporter." She adds with a proud smile. "Insurance and pay are better, and it means I can choose my assignments."

Thad's Room

The young man freezes the moment he hears the voice and he sets his polish brush aside with a gulp. He thought he'd be alone this afternoon. His brothers had already known about his hobby, but no one outside his house did, so when the new voice popped up, he felt a bolt of fear. "M-Maybe." The young man says, brushing his long wavey brown hair behind his ear before looking around for the source.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Veronica's Home

Jace laughs awkwardly.
    "Oh dear. That sounds...destructive. I think you should upload the kids' too. Just in case." But he smiles genuinely at that last part, putting an arm around Veronica.
    "You'll get it, I'm sure. There's no one more deserving. And I will hear nothing to the contrary." he says quietly to her.

6. - Top - End - #216

Thad's Room

A middle-aged woman with long brown hair and a huge grin stands behind him, she looks ordinary enough but she seems to be bursting with enthusiasm. "Hi there! I'm Libra and I'm gathering great heroes to fight evil. You're into that, right?" She appears to be inspect him as she talks.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Veronica's Place

"It can also send out a short range electronic pulse to stun, but that disrupts the video feed. I'm going to keep getting him tinkered with though. Maybe I can eventually find a good equilibrium."
    Veronica explains as she settles against Jace with a tired sigh. "It's been a long week. Thanks for stopping by. And Jace? You'll make a good father, I'm sure of it." She adds sincerely before smiling up at him. "Zebes will be the perfect mom too."

Thad's Room

Thad, a tall young man with a slight yet athletic build, is currently sitting rather still and looking quite nervous in his long dark green skirt, a dark red top, and a wig that matches his normal hair. He was in the middle of expertly applying his makeup when the woman suddenly appeared. "H-How did you know?" He asks nervously, both scared and curious.

8. - Top - End - #218

Thad's Room

"Oh, I know a lot of things. Especially about magical girls." The woman nods as if to confirm her own statement. "See, I'm like a, uh, magic cat! You know, the thing that awakens magical girls? That's me!"

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Thad's Room

The young man can't help but blink in confusion. "But I'm a guy. I mean, I might like to dress like this from time to time, but I'm still a boy. I'm pretty certain that disqualifies me as a Magical Girl."

10. - Top - End - #220

Thad's Room

Libra waves away his concerns. "Nah, all you need is the right mind set and you can totally join the force standing against the approaching tide of darkness!" She proclaims with an dramatic pose, pointing out the window of the room. "This group don't disqualify against gender!" When they're so easy to change. Libra wasn't much for gender bending as "gender" seemed to just be about boobs and not-boobs, which was pretty silly when she thought about it. Still theme as theme!

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Thad's Room

Thad can't help but feel a little excited by it, but even though he wants to agree right off, he holds back and frowns. "What's the catch? It can't be this easy. And why me?" He asks, feeling a bit uneasy now that he thinks about it.

12. - Top - End - #222

Thad's Room

"Didn't I already tell you that? Since you have the right mindset obviously! You won't believe how many people that would turn down this offer since it's "silly" or "dangerous"." Libra explains with air-quotes. "And no catch! I'm in desperate need of champions against darkness! The whole nexus is! You just need to be able to fight and work together with the other in the team."

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Veronica's Place

Jace gives Veronica a gentle hug.
    "Thanks."

"Ha! Too late! She already calls me her uncle!" pipes in Zebes.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Veronica's Place

Veronica just sticks her tongue out at Zebes before closing her eyes and resting her head on Jace's chest. She'll stay that way until they leave.

Thad's Room

Thad looks skeptical for a bit before giving a small nod. "Alright, but only as long as I can back out of this any time I wish if I don't like what we're doing." He says, standing and offering Libra his rather well manicured hand. "Deal?"

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Valentine's Day]

"With all the children and your preparations, it's no wonder Val." Astrana remarks as she closes her eyes for a moment. She was also pretty tired after work. She tiredly wraps her tail around Valente's waist and pulls him closer to her. "Has anything exciting happened today?" She asks gently with half-closed eyes.
    [Valentine's Day]

"Excitin- oh yeah!" Valente grins and shifts so he can meet Astrana's eye. "Jaazha was sitting up all on her own today. We'll have to see if we can get her to sit up herself when you're watching sometime."

16. - Top - End - #226

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Veronica's Place

Veronica just sticks her tongue out at Zebes before closing her eyes and resting her head on Jace's chest. She'll stay that way until they leave.

Thad's Room

Thad looks skeptical for a bit before giving a small nod. "Alright, but only as long as I can back out of this any time I wish if I don't like what we're doing." He says, standing and offering Libra his rather well manicured hand. "Deal?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Valentine's Day]

"Excitin- oh yeah!" Valente grins and shifts so he can meet Astrana's eye. "Jaazha was sitting up all on her own today. We'll have to see if we can get her to sit up herself when you're watching sometime."
    Thad's Room

"Okay, if you don't like what the magical girls are doing, you can back out." Libra says with a nod and then takes Thad's arm. Libra's hands are the ones of a peasant, shaped by countless hours of hard work in the sun. Giving her a tanned, hardy appearance.
    And so they shake hands.
    "And it's a deal! Now, how do you transform normally?"

[Valentine's Day]

Astrana looks up in her boyfriends eyes and laughs happily. "I'd hope so. Those girls of ours aren't easy to control. I have no idea how you do it."

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

[Valentine's Day]

"Well controlling them isn't the tough part right now. Not until they start being able to move around on their own." Valente looks tired just thinking about it. "I think that's one upside right now, that I can be reasonably sure they'll be where I left them." He laughs a bit, though.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Thad's Room

"I...I don't really transform. I either take the time to dress myself like this, or I have a costume that appears on me instantly stored in my left earring."
    Thad explains, reaching up to touch the small sapphire stud. "But I haven't had a chance to use it really."

19. - Top - End - #229

Thad's Room

Once Thad is done explaining, Libra's mouth have been left agape, frozen half-open in sheer shock.
    "YOU DON'T TRANSFORM?!" She suddenly exclaims. "Thank the oni that I came for you Thad! You must have been so miserable!" Libra moves in to give him a hug, but he can easily dodge that if he so wishes.

[Valentine's Day]

Astrana chuckles. "Wild things, are they?" She muses. "Do they miss their mommy I wonder?"

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Valentine's Day]

Astrana chuckles. "Wild things, are they?" She muses. "Do they miss their mommy I wonder?"
    [Valentine's Day]

"Of course they do." Valente nestles his head against her. "They're never so excited as they are when you come home. They love their mommy." He chuckles.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Thad's Room

"Well, no. It's not that ba-"
    he starts, only to find himself hugged. He doesn't fight it, but he also doesn't take advantage of the situation like most boys his age would. Instead he just sits there, blinking a bit in surprise. "Um...so...what now?" He asks.

22. - Top - End - #232

[Valentine's Day]

"Well, I hope I'm not making them too excited. It looks like you're having a tough time without me being here." Astrana muses.

Thad's Room

Libra let's go off him and attempts to hand him a wand that wasn't there a moment ago. "Use this to transform! All you have to do is held it high in the air and loudly state, 'STAR POWER ACTIVATE'. Really simple." She nods. "Once you're done with that, you're gonna meet the other scouts I have recruited!"

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Thad's Room

Thad takes the wand, looking at it curiously. "Wouldn't a ring be easier to hide?" He asks as he steps into the center of his room to raise it up. "Star power activate!" He shouts.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

[Valentine's Day]

"Mm, not that tough..." Valente yawns. "Just... busy is all." He mutters as he start to drift off in her arms. Not exactly his plans for Valentine's day, but there are worse ways.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Midnight Park]

Okay, yeah.

Midnight Park is a park Inside.

But Rebo is posting lots of things Inside right now and this place is totally someone's home and so Home it is!

*ahem*

The park is much as it was before Team Nightmære moved in, though only in a superficial fashion. The oppressive atmosphere is all but gone, especially on the many pathways illuminated by magical lanterns that give off a soft, warm glow. Innumerable wildflower have been transported here from the Gloom, ghostly plants of bright, phosphorescent blooms of white and blue and green and violet. They grow in patches along the forest floor. They grow in tangled vines up the trunks of the trees. They're everywhere, giving color and vibrancy to what was once a terribly muted, monochrome place.

Near the main trail-head is a little monument standing in the midst of a sand garden. Should one move close to read the inscription, they'll find etched into the stone:

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone
    In loving memory of Requiem. It was her heart's desire to see the forest bloom.
    And that isn't the only memorial in the park.

There are many others, each commemorating a member of Team Nightmære who has given up their life in the pursuit of freeing their fellow ponies from the shackles of undeath.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Pixie in the Playground

[Midnight Park]

Izanami and Hikari enter the park. There's something comforting in the quiet darkness, and Izanami cheers up somewhat. She may not ramble quite as much as her granddaughter Keiko, but you can certainly see where Keiko gets it from.

Ah... the Shadows: always so much lighter than home. These lights seem to be keeping the wild ones at bay, though - perhaps just as well. Oh, look! A little sand garden. I used to make these when I was little... oh, a memorial?

She reads it

Oh dear... I wonder what happened?

She looks around, and notes that the stone is not singular. She looks at Hikari in undisguised shock

They can die?! I ... I didn't kill them ... did I?

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

[Midnight Park]

Hikari shakes her head and says, "I doubt it, my lady, not directly at least. Hunting undead is inherently dangerous. The may have died in conflict with undead you created, but unless it was at your command, you are currently innocent."

28. - Top - End - #238
    Pixie in the Playground

[Midnight Park]

Izanami shakes her head

I never knew... this isn't at all what I was expecting.

She starts down the path again, looking around and listening, and occasionally pointing at things and reminiscing about others

Oh, the flowers. We have to get my gardens back in my domain fixed up! There's a wonderful tree that looks so much like a weeping cherry. And we must plant some of the little gloom-pines with their spiky needles. Of course, both of those will kill you just as soon as you get in range, so we'll have to do something about that. Ha, and sleep moss! Oh, yes: hard to get more peaceful than that!

A lamp here is out: faulty, or vandalized, or stolen? Doesn't really matter: the shadows are kept less away and their whispers can be heard

Ugh, the wild shadows are so tiresome.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

[Midnight Park]

Hikari nods along to Izanami's reminiscing, smiling as they go. When they reach the outed lamp, and Izanami complains, Hikari nods and says, "Would you like me to take care of them, my lady?"

30. - Top - End - #240
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Midnight Park]

Spooky, whispering shadows.

Shadows reaching for Hikari's feet, looking to latch onto her.

After all, she has no shadow of her own and they would so like to fix that for her...

Thankfully the wild shadows aren't particularly powerful creatures. They could probably be shooed away with little real difficulty. And most powerful creatures have long since been hunted down and added to the ranks of Team Nightmære. That won't stop them from trying, however.

Once the nuisances have been chased off, it would probably be a decent idea to find somepony to inform that one of the lamps needs to be replaced.

Wouldn't want some poor person taking a walk to get drained to death, after all.

That would be terrible.

Almost as terrible as- ~What is this that wanders in the dark?~ comes a malevolent, telepathic voice, creeping and seeping and probing. Even to the undead, its touch feels violating. ~Mortal flesh does not suit you, Lady Izanami.~
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.