New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 67 FirstFirst ... 419202122232425262728293031323334353637383954 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Hello, and Welcome New Members, Thread 12

Hello various humanoids of the Playgrounds!

I recently joined this place so that I can write a story of sorts for the fair people of this playground. If you are in the Arts & Crafts section, do come down and check out the thread when I post, Okay?

Have a good day!
    Last edited by CrackedChair; 2016-04-09 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Eh, had to check the forums to make sure I know where I was posting my announcement.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Titan in the Playground

Hello!

I hadn't posted to this thread before. I came to this site because I didn't want to wait for another "Order of the Stick" book to be printed before I got to read me some more "Stick" which I first read in "The Dragon Magazine"(long time D&D and other RPG's fan). I have been having a lot of fun reading and writing posts recently. I have found playgrounder's to be very welcoming.
    My first post to the forum was EDIT: not

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Especially from 1978 to about 1982 I played a lot of D&D, and bought a lot of the supplements (I had the 1980 "World of Greyhawk" map on my wall), and since 5e came out I've bought all the books W.o.t.c. has published. This may not fit with some setting materials published in between, but I see that the new default "Forgotten Realms" setting is centered on the western edge of continent, and since the old "World of Greyhawk" is centered around the "Great Kingdom" on the eastern side of a continent it would seem easy to make them be in one world. You could even have the player characters by the "discoverers" of a "New World" Leif Eriksson" or Christopher Columbus style! I also favor making the land of the gods and the land of the dead be a place that can be physically travelled to like in earlier Greek mythology and in Fritz Leibers "Newhon" setting.

EDIT: Nope my first post was actually:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    I'm probably not qualified to speak on this since I haven't got to play 5E yet, but I played a bunch of brown books D&D, blue book D&D (Thank you Mr. Holmes RIP), and after I got the DMG in '79 1E AD&D (mostly brown books plus monster manual). Since non of us could roll 3D6 in order well enough to play Paladins or Rangers we pretty much ignored alignment, but since I dug up the Dragon article ''THE MEANING OF LAW AND CHAOS IN DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS AND THEIR RELATIONSHIP TO GOOD AND EVIL" where Gary Gygax first makes up ''lawful good'' I'm going to quote it, ''most of humanity falls into the lawful category, and most of lawful humanity lies near the line between good and evil. With probed leadership the majority will be prone towards lawful/good"."The lawful/good classification is typified by the Paladin" (and you needed to be a human with at least 17 CHA to be one, Gold Dragons were slightly more lawful and good on the chart then Paladins). "Good: Harmless/Friendly/Kind/Honest/Sincere/Helpful/Beneficial/Pure". So I interpret that to mean since most humans are already lawful and "Few humans are chaotic, and very few are chaotic and evil" then be like most humans are but less selfish then average and your "lawful/good". Simple! But how you can be a "holy warrior"and also be "harmless" puzzles me. I hope that was "Helpful" and "Beneficial".

If you read my other posts you can probably tell I can get quite silly.
    I LOVE EDITION WARS! (Yet I actually feel that the more games you play the less "the rules" matter!
    After living as an adult for over twenty years in apartments, I now finally have a lawn!
    Last edited by 2D8HP; 2016-04-12 at 04:57 PM. Reason: I was wrong!

3. - Top - End - #843
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, howdy do, all. I'm Kohapi. My sister finally convinced me to try out this forum thing I've been hearing about. Let's see how deep this rabbit hole goes, eh?

4. - Top - End - #844
    Halfling in the Playground

Hey, I heard this place was full of quality games and couldn't stay away once a friend of mine started running one here herself. With any luck, I'll run into some familiar faces as the years rack up.

I haven't played actual D&D in years and have grown powerful on a diet of insane MUSH CSYS's and homebrew/FATE combinations. But don't tell anyone.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hi there!

I joined a while ago, but before I ever posted, I got busy and forgot about this place. So, here I am, back again. Looking forward to playing some games!

6. - Top - End - #846
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello! We were just looking for somewhere to host a game, and this place looks perfect!

7. - Top - End - #847
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Hello! Just joined this forum and this seems like the best place to get started. Glad to be here and glad i found it!

8. - Top - End - #848
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello everyone! I am new and like roleplaying games.
    I realise this doesn't particularity stand out on this thread, but hey, what can you do?

9. - Top - End - #849
    Pixie in the Playground

yo I'm Gray, nice to be here

10. - Top - End - #850
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Greetings, all. I've got to admit I'm here less for the webcomic and more for the play-by-post--it's been a few years since I've played D&D and the like, and figured it would be fun to get back into it. So if you're looking for me, that's probably where I'll be.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGirl

Hello! I am Laylae and I play a lot of d&d. I've been a long time lurker of the website and have read OotS since page 200ish. I'm happy to finally be a full member! :D

12. - Top - End - #852
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Hello, all!

I'm Justin, and I've been mildly lurking for a couple years now due to the wonderful Pathfinder discussions and D&D5e guides. Due to the likelihood of a portion of our regular Pathfinder group moving away to another state, I've decided to create an account in case we switch our games to play-by-post games.

13. - Top - End - #853

DwarfFighterGuy

Hellooooo! I just joined today (a few minutes ago actually,) and now I'm here. I'm looking for a good community that can help get me back into D&D, teach me some tricks, make some friends, and hopefully help me climb up into the world of humans that aren't just avatars online. Uh, I'm not exactly sure what else to say here, so yeah. I'll just go lurk for about an hour.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Pixie in the Playground

Default I Issue You Greetings

Hello my fellow... Giantnauts? Well whatever we call ourselves hello. I've Not been on a forum for... almost 6 years and am really looking foward to trying it again. And hopefully I won't get myself kicked out this time... Hope all is well and... Whatever else I am supposed to put in this goes...
    Here

15. - Top - End - #855
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Hey everyone! Been reading OOTS for years but have been getting into proper RP the last year or so, so I feel now is time to enter the fray that is these forums! Have mostly played Dark Heresy, but soon shall be starting into some D&D, looking forward to it!

16. - Top - End - #856
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey, I am just here to help get some input on various questions.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello everyone, I am Yla. Longtime lurker, finally registering.

I didn't select an avatar during the registering process because I wanted to know how the preselects actually look like? But I can't find anything about avatars on the Edit Profile page.
    Last edited by Yla; 2016-04-17 at 04:00 PM.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGirl

Just thought I would stop by here and say hi. I am pretty new to this whole thing and am here to find out how to make my character as powerful as possible and keep her alive since our DM keeps throwing crazy things at us. I've only been playing for almost a year now. But am totally hooked.

19. - Top - End - #859
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hey, Aniik here. I've been browsing the homebrew forum for a little while now but never really introduced myself. Hell, I even forgot that I made an account, heh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarian Rex View Post
    Sometimes you need more than well crafted crunch. Sometimes you need well crafted crunch that is playable in the game.
    Steam: Papa Palpy Palpatine
    Pesterchum: mysticUmbra
    YouTube: Noctus Does Things

Black(Blue and Green) or Sultai is my khanate, and my colour alignment.

The Rest of my Signature
    My Hombrew

20. - Top - End - #860
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hello! I've been interested in RP for a little bit now and my bro convinced me to make an account here.

21. - Top - End - #861

RedWizardGuy

Hello !
    I've been lurking here for some time, and finally got around to make an account.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Hello everyone!

I'm a long time lurker and I figured it was time to register and start participating.

Expect me on various 3.5OGL and 5e threads. :D
    3.5: Water.
    Pathfinder: Water.

Current Games:
    5e: Lost Mines of Phandelver, Princes of the Apocalypse
    PF: Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #863

tongue Re: Hello, and Welcome New Members, Thread 12

Hey Everybody! I'm Burg Turdler and I've been plundering this site for it's little hidden goodies for about a year now and figured it's about time I actually registered. I've been playing D&D for a loooong time and well, I just love everything about it. So here I am.

(P.S. - the name don't mean nothin' about me as a person I just laugh (literally) every time I think of it and thought I'd share that with you fine folks here. I'll be happy to change it(with a little modly help) if it bothers anyone.)
    Last edited by BurgTurdler; 2016-04-20 at 04:31 AM.

24. - Top - End - #864
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, hello playgrounders, I'm Sword-Geass and I'm presenting myself after stalking this forum for... 9 months, I think...

In regards to why did I register, optimization that's it and starting to participate in the forums.

See you in the 3.5e forums!

25. - Top - End - #865
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hello from the Great White North. Not a noob to RPGS (elder scrolls since Arena) but mostly new to table top. Burned through OOTS in a week or so at work. Loved it. Played a couple campaigns of AD&D second edition a few years back. Bought about $400 worth of 2nd Ed. books myself over the last year. Had a group going, and tried my hand at DMing and home brewing at the same time, but petty squabbling led to the end of the game being waaaaay before the end game. Anyway, trying to get another group going currently. I'm sure I'll ask a bunch of dumb questions about wording in the future. So brace yourself. Noobness is coming

26. - Top - End - #866
    Pixie in the Playground

I recently found a good CSGO skin store, there's something cheap and good-looking, you will love our website csgo4skin

27. - Top - End - #867
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey everyone, I'm megatyler30. I've been enjoying reading stuff on here for a few months now. I started playing D&D about October and have enjoyed it a lot. I am interested in both being a player and DMing. In fact, I already posted regarding a PbP quest I'm running and I'm excited about it!

28. - Top - End - #868
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Oh lordy, here is where it begins, I fully expect that this forum is going to consume my life. Hope to get to know y'all soon.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

D&D, awesome comics, and a forumful of discourse, guides, and more? This will be fun!

Participating will beat lurking, that's for sure. See you all around, fellow playgrounders.

30. - Top - End - #870
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

Hello one and all! Avid fan of Viral Games, robots, post-apocalyptic worlds, sci-fi and thoughtful gaming! Glad to come aboard!