New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 621222324252627282930313233343536373839404156 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGirl

Default Re: Hello, and Welcome New Members, Thread 12

I've been playing D&D 4e sporadically for about a couple of years now, and I've checked out the forums on occasion for guides and tips on character building, but I've just now gotten the push to create an account here. Not sure how often I'll be posting here, but I'm sure it'll be a fun time.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Plenty of RL experience Dming and rping but having moved ... I dont have the righ schedule to do that atm. Sooooo I was wandering the internet and found this place.

So hi and hope this leads to something.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello everyone I am new here to this forum. I am also new to the format of PbP and not completely familiar to RPGs in general. I've played some IRL and I now things like Roll20 is an option, I just don't like to keep check of all the different time zones, and furthermore I am interested in this format of roleplaying. :)
    So I hope to engage in several good sessions and have a good time. I am mostly looking to play D&D 5. So cheers to you all!

4. - Top - End - #904
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Howdy, everyone.

Call me Dok, pretty much everyone does.

I'm the support/healer fanatic, and grarrrg's Oradin guide is my bible.

Other than that, I'm pretty damn lame.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Hi all new member here and regular reader of the forums (specifically the optimization side...) used to be a part of a regular gaming group but haven't been able to get in on any of their sessions cause I got myself some regular gainful employment. Luckily I knew about GitP's play by post forums...

6. - Top - End - #906
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New to this forum. I've played Dungeon's & Dragon's since the very first three book, boxed set (I have my copy in the closet). I exited Dungeons & Dragons with the 4th edition. Now, with more time on my hands than I like, I've taken up the call of the game with the fifth edition.

As a player, I prefer Wizards to all other classes (the Eldrich Knight was a favorite of 3.5) and enjoy deep roleplay. As a DM, I like long, intricately plotted games.

I've started the creation of a new homebrew campaign and look forward to getting to know the people here.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGirl

Hi! I'm a longtime OotS reader, but joined here for the gaming forum, since I desire more Play-by-Post gaming in my life. I've been at other gaming fora like RPGnet, so, just expanding my horizons a little.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster. Well, not quite true, as I just joined so I could reply to someone who provided an app for use with 5e. I've been reading for over a year now, and playing 4e for about three years. I recently began DMing for a 5e game, which is still in its infancy, with one old school player, one who has been playing 5e a while, and three totally-new-to-RPGs. I played a bit of 2e in high school, but that mostly devolved into a series of Monty Python references, silliness, and just tapered off. It's telling my character was a minotaur fighter named Shey Ven Yac, and my preferred weapon was the dwarf (who carried a lot of knives).

Otherwise, I'm working as an A/V technician at a university in Western Australia, but my background is in zoology/palaeontology/genetics; and my last two jobs were as a librarian. Go figure. I have an extensive collection of Transformers figures, and used to play Magic: the Gathering *a lot*. Enough so that the last time I whittled down my collection, I was able to sell off about 3000 cards, and still have two large boxes full :S

Otherwise, now I'm here, I hope to post semi-regularly :)

9. - Top - End - #909
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hello there

Been reading OOTS since it's early days. But never joined these forums till now. Back in the 3.5 days, I spent far too much time discussing rules on the WotC D&D forums. Just really enjoyed digging into the nuts and bolts of the 3.5 mechanics. At the time, that felt like a bad match for the GitP forums. ("Comic X won't work because rule Y states..." Yech, no desire to be that guy.)

Dropped out of the WotC forums for a while when the rules went to 4th edition.

Much later, I poked my head back into those forums and wished I hadn't. That place had become so toxic, it's no surprise they got closed down. (Easy to see why the rules here are so strict)

Personally, I don't care which edition of D&D or other game system / play style you like. What I do care about is people not attacking each other over those preferences.

My name is rather long, and a bit of a bother to type out. For the record, I prefer to go by just Boring for short. Or Boring-kun around the otaku. Being called BIG or Mr BIG has always irked me. Feels like a dime store novel mob boss name.

Anyway, this seems like a good community, and I hope to be a positive contributer to it.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Pixie in the Playground

tongue Re: Hello, and Welcome New Members, Thread 12

Salutations beautiful people! My character name is Blue Pathfinder playing Pathfinder with house rules.
    (Original name, ain't it?)
    I started reading OoTS from a book that my big brother owned, years later, I wanted to read more, so I ended up at this site.
    It's been a couple months now, and here I am signing up for the forums.
    Anyways, I hope to have a great time here!
    Last edited by Vivee; 2016-05-10 at 05:47 PM.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Halfling in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hi there, I'm Ninten, I'm a new user here and I'm excited to start my very first Pbp Call of Cthulhu campaign here on GITP!

12. - Top - End - #912
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey, I'm new to the forum but I've been reading OOTS for more than a year now and get hyped with every new page. I joined to play d&d 5e through text posts with friends, but decided that I might as well get in on the rest of the forum. This seemed like a thread in which to do that. So, hi to everybody (including other new people)
    Last edited by SuckerBob; 2016-05-10 at 11:14 PM.
    I'm a guy who may or may not suck. Badass Avatar by the madass Professor Gnoll.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Hello, I've been reading the Order of the Stick for 6 months and decided to join. I play dnd 3.5 and I'm currently DMing a campaign. My favorite classes are wizards and paladins and I also like science as shown by my username.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Dwarf in the Playground

Huh. I forgot I had this account... when did I join again?

...2007. Cripes. So this is how Steve Rogers felt.
    Last edited by DeadpanSal; 2016-05-11 at 11:17 PM.
    . . .

15. - Top - End - #915
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGirl

smile Re: Hello, and Welcome New Members, Thread 12

Hi everyone! My name is AshfireMage! I just got into tabletop a few years ago, but I'm really enjoying it. Mostly play DnD 3.5, but looking to get into OWoD, too.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Well, um, hi everyone.

I'm RyumaruMG, I've been reading OOTS for a while (back before the end of the first Azure City storyline, even) and generally lurking around various other places on the internet. Guess it never occurred to me to get an account here until now! So, here I am.

I've been interested in D&D for about as long as I can remember - my dad introduced me to the 2nd Edition - and I recently started reading through 5th. Really liking it so far! I'm also a huge fan of Exalted, although not as much anymore, and I've been collecting books for various other RPGs like the New World of Darkness and Shadowrun. My most recent acquisition in terms of new game systems is Valor, which looks like a ton of fun. A friend of mine is also getting me into Warhammer 40K. Orks is da biggest and da strongest!

Outside of tabletop stuff I do a lot of reading, with Discworld and Redwall being among my favorites, and a lot of video gaming. I maintain a modest YouTube account with some gaming videos and I write and homebrew stuff in my spare time outside of that.

Looking forward to hanging around here! Although, to be fair, I'm probably mostly just going to lurk.

17. - Top - End - #917

Hola, long time lurker, first (few) times poster.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hello forum! I am new here and enjoy games, writing and art so I seem to be in the right place.

19. - Top - End - #919

MindFlayer

Hello everyone!

20. - Top - End - #920
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Hello

21. - Top - End - #921
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

After lurking for months, I finally decided to make an account of mine own. Despite never playing a game of DnD in my life, I've been able to follow along and enjoy this comic.

Greetings to all of you.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Hi, I am kinda new to the forums, but I love the comics!!!

23. - Top - End - #923
    Closed Account

Good evening to everyone.
    I am Conradine.

- I'm italian ( Veneto, northern Italy )
    - I'm male
    - I'm 30 years old
    - my zodiacal sign is Taurus
    - my interests are philosphy, occultism and roleplay games
    - my favourite sports are martial arts ( judo, karate, kickboxing ) and powerlifting
    - my favourite food is pasta ( with bacon, cheese and tomatoes )
    - my favourite drink is red wine ( expecially Teroldego, red wine from Trentino Alto Adige )
    - I like dogs and love pugs
    - I'm unnerved by mirrors, heights and darkness
    - I have an irrational phobia of butterflies
    - I like the Television Tropes and Idioms site

- I lost every hope in my country's political class and gave up voting
    - I'm an atheist and a moral nihilist
    - I think that all human societies are based on "might-makes-right" policies and that Thomas Hobbes Was Right
    - I believe that reality is indeterministic ( therefore I don't believe in predestination, fate or destiny )
    - I'm persuaded that human beings have only limited freedom and all actions and decisions are at least partially influenced by culture, emotions, genetics and circumstances
    - I believe that law should simply try to reduce crimes and social damage, without trying to bestow retributive punishment or establish abstract concept of justice
    - I don't believe in afterlife and fear death
    - I think it's possible to achieve indefinite longevity through scientifical progress and hope to live long enough to benefit from it
    - I'm a longevist and a supporter of the Eternal Life Fan Club

- if I were a D&D character my alignment would be Neutral Evil
    - if I were a D&D character I would be either a godless Cleric ( the Great Wheel cosmology ) or a Servant of the Fallen Cleric that steal power from death deities ( Forgotten Realms cosmology )
    - if I were a D&D character I would try to accumulate power and experience without risking life, through training, study, experimentation and non-lethal challenges
    - if I were a D&D character I would try to use the Book of Vile Darkness rules on sacrifices and liquid pain to build powerful equipement without the need of adventuring
    - if I were a D&D character I would definetly not be a PC

Well, more or less, that all.
    See ya guys.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Hello, I am a DM in training :) wanted to say hello and salutations (",)

25. - Top - End - #925
    Dwarf in the Playground

Salutations, I've been reading the comic and browsing the forums for a while and decided to make an account.
    I've been playing DND since DND next and found this comic on Google.
    Edit: I for got to mention that I've been DM'ing since 5th edition.
    Last edited by IronLionShark; 2016-05-13 at 08:51 PM.
    Base decisions in character when playing DND.
    However, if that basis happens to align with some meta-game information, well I guess you were really lucky.
    I give permission to be quoted in signatures, extended signatures, ect.
    Avatar is a clipped down version of some pixel art I made.
    Game(s) I am in:
    Playing: D&D B/X Path to Fame and Fortune
    DMing: None, but I am considering starting up a 5e game with a homebrew setting.

26. - Top - End - #926

Post Re: Hello, and Welcome New Members, Thread 12

Hello, i am a german Warhammer 40k RP fan.
    I use the Only War, RT, DH1 and Deathwatch. In this Order, making the Guard my fave.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Hi, I'm awful.

Let's be awful together sometime.

28. - Top - End - #928
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

What Ho!!!!!

29. - Top - End - #929
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello Everyone!

30. - Top - End - #930
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Hello,
    I'm new to this forum, but would love to find a group to play pathfinder or 3.5 pbf with.