New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 22373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1996
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Re: Hello, and Welcome New Members, Thread 12

Hello everyone.

I have been a reader of the comic for so many years I've lost track.... I think it was around the time On the Origin of PCs was first printed. Regardless I have continued to enjoy the comic and still purchase the books (tend to read the comics as they are posted, then re-read the entire series every time I get a new print book).

The weird part about me is I never played D&D (or any other tabletop RPG) until May of last year. I've played TONS of video games based on D&D rules, I understood how to play (just never did), read books and comics (OOTS and Goblins) based on it, etc... but never played. In fact, growing up in the middle of no where Wyoming, I thought that D&D was a dead game... that no one played it anymore... then left home and found out how wrong I was.

Started back in May for the first time, playing 3.5e with a few people (mix of newbies and experienced) mainly because I overheard them complaining about not having enough people. Did a classic character (Halfling Rogue) but when I got invited to a 2nd game, I really wanted to do something a little different (but still kind of a classic). So I posted for the first time in the forum asking some questions to help me with a few thoughts I had (it was entitled "3.5 Barbarian Questions" ... I tried to link to it, but since I'm still a new member I can't add links), and I was very appreciative of the large response I received.

Today I was logging in to ask some other questions and gain some new perspectives, so I thought I'd better post a quick hello. I have read a lot of older posts, and am impressed by the community here... you guys are awesome.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Hi everyone. I joined just a few hours agoz but im following the forums for at least a year. So hi again.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGirl

Default Hello from Nikati!

Hello,

Just a quick intro. I'm here because I recently got involved in a D&D 5e campaign, and I decided I wanted to play a dark elf character. I ended up going for the Drow priestess. Yes, I bit off more than I could chew. So here for some lurking and advice.

Nikati

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello new to the forum. Been coming here on and off since I started playing D&Donna 3.5 back in 07. Finally getting around to making an account.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Hello, been reading these forums for years and just finally registered.
    I hope to meet and talk to some cool people.

:)

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm here for the pbp. Used to play a lot on other forums and hoping to find one with a bit more activity and, hopefully, more maturity. I like small parties of 2-3 people and even single-player. I' been reading the comic for the last 30 years (it's been that long, right?) but was never involved with the community. I've played table-top since middle school and D&D since 2000 (3rd) and got stuck on 3.5 pretty hard...

-Amy

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bing bong, joined for PBP. Other sides have wierd cultures, went here to see if you are cool.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hello, long time fan here, only now I decided to join the forum.

I love D&D and freeform rpgs.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Pixie in the Playground

Greetings kindred. You can call me Romano or Valor I guess.

I just recently found out there was a place (here) that I could enthuse about OotS without being met with a bunch of confused stares, so here I am!

I don't play a lot of D&D because I don't really have any friends, but I would be willing to do so if the opportunity would arise.

Check out my tumblr @axe-of-valor if you wanna
    ~ Y A I N T ~

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Hai there! New to the forums! ^-^

Just as the title says! Hai there! Just a nerdy illithid writhing her tentacles about and greeting the various food source- I mean humanoids and non-Aberrations! Just call me The Nerdy Illithid or the likes.
    Gonna be browsing and lurking the forums for stories and the likes. ideas and whatnot.

Completely new to DND, I'm in a campaign with my older brother as the DM, my twin as the druid, and my dad as a very.. intellect-lacking monk! My character is, as you might've guessed, a nerdy Illithid, who forsook her psionic powers in favour of the arcane arts (which subsequently got her exiled from her community in the Underdark)! :3

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Heya. Figured its only appropriate to start here for posting.

My nickname is indeed baconbitz, and i usually DM a homebrew mash of a few different systems, tho we pull heavily from 3.5. Worst character i ever made was a human named david who worked for a demon, but held the chaotic good alignment. Long story short, he accidentally summoned a demon as a child, and made a deal to work for the vampire if he saved him from a pretty bad home situation. So the demon killed his parents and put him to work. In his zealotry the boy grew into a man who believed that the gods never saved him, but demons did so the gods must be the bad guys xD. Dm let me hold onto the chaotic good alignment for a very long time before i lost it.

Fun side fact, the sign up page does not allow for you to say you are a homebrew, and not a loving constrcut when it asks you if you are a human or are you a bot

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

I am Bogwoppit.
    Thanks to Rich for the comic and this splendid forum!
    I post from my phone and I'm a fat-handed twit, so please excuse my blunders in the spelling department.
    I play d20 ish games, in that I mash rules together from 3rd Ed onwards, apply total quality management methods to the resulting stew, and freewheel from there.
    I'm British, or more correctly: Terran, human subtype.

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello! I'm a newby. I've popped in on to the forums before from google searches and such on various DnD questions, and decided to join the ranks.

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Halfling in the Playground

IM NEW AND MAKING A TEST POST SO I DONT **** UP EVERYTHING. Yay!

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Hi everyone,
    finally made an account. Big fan of comic, even bigger fan of D&D. Hope for great experience!
    "You see, it's not that big city, it's not even That big city. It's THAT BIG city."

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Hi Everyone! Just joined. Looking forward to this community.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Man! it is great to join this community! My friend suggested this to me and I need to get enough posts to be able to post links. :(

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Hello. I had to create this account because for reasons I don't understand my old account (LeoMidori) was unable to post at all and I had no clear way of seeking to correct that.

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello all, i've been something of a lurker on these forums for several years now and have decided to join because i've started making a game. And i kinda want to have a place to post the pdfs where someone see it instead of having to rely on word of mouth. Then again it is going to be a parody game so, who even knows if anyone will even care.

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Hello everyone I am new

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Hello all! I have been reading these forums for a number of years now (sorry, not counting) and it never really occurred to me to join in before now, but here I am.

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

New to the forum, planning to start making Guides and Handbooks for 5E.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Dwarf in the Playground

Greetings! I technically joined two years ago, but my account laid dormant until today. Joining up in a new Numenera PBP.

I also play in a PBEmail systemless Star Trek game and GM a Pathfinder adventure path.

In the PC gaming world, I'm on Steam as Meridian3. there I play Age of Empires II HD (poorly might I add), Verdun, Starbound, Stellaris, and others. I helped crowdfund BATTLETECH, Crowfall, and my most anticipated game: Star Citizen. If you're at all interested in SC, do yourself a favor and use the referral code: STAR-FFWT-ZX6L.

Looking forward to being a part of this community.

- Cephor

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by An Amy View Post
    I'm here for the pbp. Used to play a lot on other forums and hoping to find one with a bit more activity and, hopefully, more maturity. I like small parties of 2-3 people and even single-player. I' been reading the comic for the last 30 years (it's been that long, right?) but was never involved with the community. I've played table-top since middle school and D&D since 2000 (3rd) and got stuck on 3.5 pretty hard...

-Amy
    Welcome to GITP. There are a lot of groovy gamers here.

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Cephor View Post
    Greetings! I technically joined two years ago, but my account laid dormant until today. Joining up in a new Numenera PBP.

I also play in a PBEmail systemless Star Trek game and GM a Pathfinder adventure path.

In the PC gaming world, I'm on Steam as Meridian3. there I play Age of Empires II HD (poorly might I add), Verdun, Starbound, Stellaris, and others. I helped crowdfund BATTLETECH, Crowfall, and my most anticipated game: Star Citizen. If you're at all interested in SC, do yourself a favor and use the referral code: STAR-FFWT-ZX6L.

Looking forward to being a part of this community.

- Cephor
    Numenera! Glad you're here. Star Citizen looks cool. I'm on a Mac, so might not be able to swing it.

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DyerMaker View Post
    Numenera! Glad you're here. Star Citizen looks cool. I'm on a Mac, so might not be able to swing it.
    SC convinced a diehard Mac fan friend of mine to ditch it for a new PC. When you speak to man in spaceships, he listens :) But you still got some great selections available to you still.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello! I'm not sure how I found this place, but it seems nice.

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello? I'm not sure what I'm doing here. I think I was told to say hello.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Pixie in the Playground

Hi, I'm new, I've been a reader for a while and I just got an account.
    Last edited by Gobblin goblin; 2017-02-24 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Grammar mistake

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Ello! I'm a personal lover of world building so I thought I'd join.
    Last edited by Myna of the Mis; 2017-02-25 at 11:46 PM.