New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: Civ5 GMR 12: Imperialism, ho!

The sun shall not rise tomorrow.

Tenochtitlan is surrounded by the Conquistadors, the false teotl from across the sea. My father both welcomed and provoked them, and now we see the inevitable result. The plague that left our land leaderless for so long left no other possible outcome.

My warriors have done everything in their power to delay the end. Even now they sabotage captured mines, detonate gunpowder stores, and drag officers screaming to the altar, not out of any attempt to save our people, but out of spite. The hand that slew Quetzalcoatl shall be drawn back bloody. I don't even know what happened to the final shipment of silver that was stolen back from the Spaniards, only that it has disappeared into the north.

I meet the fate the gods have designated for me. I pray that the blood of my heart may quench the Conquisatadors' thirst for destruction as much as it would the true gods', that our Mayan and Incan brothers may be spared this destruction.

Maybe just the Incans. Stupid Wonder-stealing Mayans.
    -Moctezuma II of the Aztec Empire.
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2016-03-12 at 11:02 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spain acknowledges the bravery and tenacity of the Aztec peoples. They shall be remembered.

Spain would also advise all nations to take no heed of Montezuma's last words extolling the virtues of piracy. Rest assured we will deal with any privateers harshly.
    So Much for the Glory of Rome, a Crusader Kings 2 Let's Play

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

3. - Top - End - #303
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler: Sunday spectator update
    Show

Lakota disproves of the Spanish genocide of the Aztecs, your Queen. I suggest we check our city state allies for any signs of disloyalty.

The St.George colony reports no problems, your Queen.

As does Onondaga. May I suggest changing the name, by the way.

And our treasures continue to return home.

Roanoke island also has no problems.

As does Jamestown.

And fortunately the English mainland is safe.

And here, your highness, we see the glorious technology our nation has to offer you. Soon we will be able to model the Dutch frigates.

And here are maps of Plymouth.

And Roanoke island.

Maps of Jamestown

And St.George.

Finally the jewel of the old Iroquois's empire.

English colonization.

Your majesty, the English empire is best and worst in nothing!

And the English empire's knowledge on our foes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: Spain
    Show
    In the case that your conquistadores are sent out to settle more of South America, we ask our esteemed brothers in the faith to refrain from claiming land that rightfully belongs to our port city of Recife.

5. - Top - End - #305

Nerd-O-Rama as far as I can tell you were genocided?

If that is true, can DWthyme just take their turn now, or do you have to leave?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

I...have no idea. This is my first GMR game that went anywhere. I'll have a look when I get home from work tonight.

EDIT: Took my "turn" and clicked through the game over screen. The future will be better tomorrow.

If I need to do something on the site, let me know.
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2016-03-14 at 06:38 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Maya
    Show
    Our ships have sighted numerous French musketmen and trebuchets being transported southwest between the two American continents. They appear to be heading either towards your lands, or possibly to the Inca. You should be prepared.

Incidentally, we plan to bring order to the Iroquois, much like we helped the English do with the Shoshone. We have no intention to move so against you, or any other well-governed American nation. We trust this will not jeopardise our cordial relations?
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

8. - Top - End - #308

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    I...have no idea. This is my first GMR game that went anywhere. I'll have a look when I get home from work tonight.

EDIT: Took my "turn" and clicked through the game over screen. The future will be better tomorrow.

If I need to do something on the site, let me know.
    I think you'll need to click on the surrender option.

9. - Top - End - #309

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    Show
    Our ships have sighted numerous French musketmen and trebuchets being transported southwest between the two American continents. They appear to be heading either towards your lands, or possibly to the Inca. You should be prepared.

Incidentally, we plan to bring order to the Iroquois, much like we helped the English do with the Shoshone. We have no intention to move so against you, or any other well-governed American nation. We trust this will not jeopardise our cordial relations?
    Spoiler: Netherlands
    Show
    We thank you for your warning, we are as prepared as we can be, our logistical resources stretched to their limit.

And we have never met these "Iroquois" so cannot mourn for their loss. It seems the way lies forward, incorporating the advancements from over the seas, rather than trying to retain the old ways in the face of change. If they cannot form a cohesive government it will only be a matter of time before they are conquered, we would rather it be a friendly nation like yours.

10. - Top - End - #310

Nerdorama please click the surrender flag.

Failing that, Orcus. Please set the skip limit to 21.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

Like the Iroquois before them, the Shoshone shall be civilized with fire and sword. We have learned much from our English friends, and shall apply these lessons in taming this continent.

Show
    We are glad to hear your decision to embrace progress. And if you wish, we would be willing to sell you modern weapons for a yearly payment in gold.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Nerdorama please click the surrender flag.

Failing that, Orcus. Please set the skip limit to 21.
    I'd have done that two days ago, had new posts actually been showing up in this thread. Either I only imagined coming to this forum daily, or I'm more sleep-deprived than I thought. Or both.

It's done now.
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2016-03-19 at 05:29 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #313

Show
    We are glad to hear your decision to embrace progress. And if you wish, we would be willing to sell you modern weapons for a yearly payment in gold.
    Spoiler: Netherlands
    Show
    OOC: What do you mean by this? Unit gifting for gold/gpt? I may end up needing that if the embarked military units are indeed aimed at my lands.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    OOC:Yes, exactly. GPT preferably, both because you don't have all that much gold, and because I wouldn't want to tip off the other Europeans with a declaration of friendship. I have enough cash on hand that I don't mind.

Of course, advanced units are kinda expensive, with a new one costing me about 500 gold, give or take a couple hundred. But I thought you'd rather have the option, if you end up needing them.

15. - Top - End - #315

I'll be traveling this weekend and unable to take my turns promptly. Would it be possible to get the timer extended (3 days would be sufficient) or temporarily disabled?

16. - Top - End - #316

Yeah, sure. It's Easter, people do things like "visit family" and "go out of town" instead of playing Civ, I get it.

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

17. - Top - End - #317

Spoiler: The Dutch;Narkis
    Show

As you aided with the taming of the Iroquois, now we extend that same hand. Tell us, how should we split the taming of the Savages?

Spoiler: Sunday spectator update extravaganza!
    Show

Our people having finished duplicating the Dutch model of warships, start gathering people who will serve the queen as a loyal army of soldiers.

And our people make good onto aiding the Dutch, as they aided us.

Our English royal defense forces report no problems.

And some of our work bands return to cities. Waiting for new orders.

And our navy receives some improvements.

As our treasures return home.

Here we see the glorious advancement of the great English empire!

Glorious Plymouth, now sending Nau's non-stop to China!

Roanoke island. Working on a port to house exotic goods.

Jamestown. Almost finished with a library.

St.George contributes to the royal civilization force.

And Onondaga constructs a courthouse, to try the ignoble savages.

We see the form of governance over the savages.

The English empire is best at nothing, but also worst in nothing.

We also find out that we are mostly militarily superior.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: England
    Show
    Thank you for the offer, but you don't appear to actually be in a position to help us, and we're loath to delay our invasion lest the French get them first. We'd be happy to discuss the issue of the "splitting" once your forces are actually ready.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

Belated mini-update:

Spoiler: Spectators
    Show

I finally acquired enough culture for a tier 3 social policy! This is significant, because the natives get access to some good ones. Unfortunately, I forgot to take screenshots of the other options (there are three total); one of them is essentially Volunteer Army with Comanche Riders substituted for Foreign Legions, which is a nice boost if you're under attack. The other boosts your capital and any Wonders you built. I'm not under attack and I don't have any Wonders, so I went for the third option...

... which offers some very strong pantheon beliefs. Unfortunately, I don't have a whole lot to do with my faith, thanks to the incompetent AI selecting my first belief, but it still generates points towards victory.

Other than that, not much has changed since the last update. Still have four cities. I'm building up an army to try and deter Spain from conquering me; I don't think I can win if they make a serious attempt, but I can make it costly for them. Hopefully, costly enough that they decide it's not worth the time in the first place!

Pretty certain I'm not winning this game, though. I'm a turtle civilization, my strategy is to sit tight and rack up the score - but the Mayans are doing it better than me, and England still has a significant lead on everyone. My empire is generating Faith (and therefore points) at a good rate, but I don't think there's enough time left in the scenario for me to catch up to England the slow-and-steady way, like I originally hoped. And if I did somehow it, I'd probably get attacked.

I might look into settling some more cities. There aren't any great spots nearby, but they'd still add to my score. Ideally, I'd wait until a few turns before the end to do this, so that people don't have time to kill me if it boosts me up to the lead... but if I wait that long there might not be any unoccupied land left to settle.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

20. - Top - End - #320

Hey fellow Europeans, is anyone else not getting score form their treasures?

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm reverting the turn, the save I got was for Sweden from whichever game has Siam as a host.

Orcus, I'll let you know as soon as I bring them back.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by OrcusMcP View Post
    Montezuma's actual Revenge: horribly glitched PbEM games.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #323

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Montezuma's actual Revenge: horribly glitched PbEM games.
    Nooooo!! Cursed Aztec gold!

24. - Top - End - #324

25 each, I think.

I'm reverting the turn, the save I got was for Sweden from whichever game has Siam as a host.

Orcus, I'll let you know as soon as I bring them back.

25. - Top - End - #325

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    25 each, I think.
    Huh, weird. Maybe it's just me, then. I don't see my score go up when I land a treasure in my capital, and when I look at my score breakdown my treasure total is 0. While to a certain extent, I think I'm too far behind for it to be decisive, it's annoying it's not affecting my score at all.

26. - Top - End - #326

Huh, weird. Maybe it's just me, then. I don't see my score go up when I land a treasure in my capital, and when I look at my score breakdown my treasure total is 0. While to a certain extent, I think I'm too far behind for it to be decisive, it's annoying it's not affecting my score at all.
    I'll check my treasure total next turn, then.

27. - Top - End - #327

I also have 0 from treasure, but I could have sworn my score was increased when I brought them home?

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll test it next turn and let you know.

29. - Top - End - #329

Oh also, I declared war on the Shoshone.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, my treasures did give me 25 points each, which is afaik exactly what they should. They don't show up in the score breakdown, but they count.

edit: forgot:

Spoiler: France
    Show
    We have seen your settler near Aruba. This land is ours, by right of conquest. Should you decide to found a city there, we will consider it a casus belli.
    Last edited by Narkis; 2016-04-02 at 06:34 PM.