New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball in the Playground [Discussion & Interest checking]

Ing, I'm imagining that Ieez and Artic's travels have led them to what might eventually be called the Land of Korin. That okay with you?

Now, Korin's been born by now but it doesn't say anything about how long he's occupied the tower. We know construction has at least begun on the tower from Yama's profile.

Is he up their and thus something e'd have to dance around, or is the tower just an empty tower right now?

Also, I've noticed an error in the timeline we've got: Frozen's OP says that the saiyans are currently "hillbillies" living on the Tuffle controlled Planet Plant.

According to the Dragonball Timeline, the saiyans won't arrive their from their original home planet until a few hundred years from our point in time.
    Approximately Age 550
    The first Saiyans land on Planet Plant (later to be known as Planet Vegeta) in a mysterious ship.[3]
    Last edited by Rater202; 2015-04-20 at 08:08 AM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #62

Sorry Ing, but I waited 12 hours for an answer.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Think it would be alright, if Callins could send a probe to Kurin's tower, to see who was all there. This is my first freeform so, thought I'd ask.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Is he up their and thus something e'd have to dance around, or is the tower just an empty tower right now?
    It's just an empty tower as-is.

Also, I've noticed an error in the timeline we've got: Frozen's OP says that the saiyans are currently "hillbillies" living on the Tuffle controlled Planet Plant.

According to the Dragonball Timeline, the saiyans won't arrive their from their original home planet until a few hundred years from our point in time.
    Huh, I missed that. I'll go fix it.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

5. - Top - End - #65

Android 20 is about to get her ass kicked, yes?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Android 23 is about to get her ass kicked, yes?
    Fixed.

Maybe. She is violating Pratchett Rule Number One. but on the other hand, Kami violated Lady Rule Number One: Don't call them a young man!
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

7. - Top - End - #67

Okay, if speed and strength correspond roughly to power level, and it took goku tree days to climb the tower the first time but only tree hours to head down and clib up the second day, and Tao climbed it in minutes in the anime filler...

According to the Wiki, there's an article in an issue of Shonen Jump which puts Korin's power level at 180.

Assuming a rough correlation between speed/strength and power level, that would mean in order to take the water from him, one would have t0o have a power level similar to his own-Going by my educated but otherwise arbitrary, estimation I imagine 130-170 minimum to take the "sacred" water from him.

If climbing the tower and one day of trying to take the water from Korin resulted in Goku dividing his climbing time by 24 give or take, I'd put his power level at 110-130 in that scenario.

but that's not counting the time it took Goku to head down, which would logically be faster both because he was scrambling and because gravity was on his side. I'm not sure exactly how long he was climbing down, but for the sake of my argument I'm going to assume it was between 30 minutes to a full hour, leaving Goku with 2-2 1/2 hours to climb the tower on the second day.

But Goku is a relatively rounded Martial Artist, with roughly equal ranking sin skill, strength and speed, while Ieez has onlyu average skill and has to rely on his great strength and speed in hand to hand combat(which is why he prefers to blast instead of fight hand to hand). Ieez is also bigger than Goku was, with loger arms and legs.

I'd estimate it would take Ieez between an hour and a half to two hours to climb the tower once, and he's probably be very tired once he makes it to the top.

Does anyone have a problem with that?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

I'd just say he gets up there at the speed of plot but whatever floats your boat...

and now I realize that the crystal ball was meant to show Android 23 that the Dragon Balls are nowhere. /facepalm oh well, she figured it out anyways, even if she made the wrong assumption about why he threw that.

9. - Top - End - #69

You don't mind "Sleetya", obviously derived from "sleet" as the name of our Character's father, do you Ing?

Edit: Damn muscle memory drawing me to turquoise.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2015-04-22 at 09:30 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #70

You don't mind "Sleetya", obviously derived from "sleet" as the name of our Character's father, do you Ing?
    No problem

Edit: Damn muscle memory drawing me to turquoise.
    The struggle is real.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Regarding the tower: Ieez and Artic can levitate, so if they're taking too long to get up, they can just cheat and fly. As such, it's not really important to establish how fast they could climb it ordinarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    I'd just say he gets up there at the speed of plot but whatever floats your boat...

and now I realize that the crystal ball was meant to show Android 23 that the Dragon Balls are nowhere. /facepalm oh well, she figured it out anyways, even if she made the wrong assumption about why he threw that.
    Actually, her first guess was right. It was just to distract her.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

wink Re: Dragon Ball in the Playground [Discussion & Interest checking]

I'm seeing a decided lack of villains in this game. So I guess I'll throw my hat in.

The Young Thunder Sage
    Height: 5'2''
    Weight: 70 lb
    Species: Human?
    Station: Wandering Mad Sage

Description: Wrapped in linen bandages and wearing heavy robes, The Young Thunder Sage is a hunched and slim figure swathed in shadow and mystery. Some claim underneath his broad bamboo kasa and linens is a desiccated and frame though none alive have ever spoken of The Young Thunder Sage's true appearance or form.

Personality: Calculating and cruel, The Young Thunder Sage is willing to sacrifice as much as it takes to achieve his goals, going so far as to wipe out entire cities without remorse should it be be required. He does little to hide this fact however, quite blunt and open about the expendability of those who fail him and his over all mission. The Young Thunder Sage is a being of exceptional evil, the mirth and joy many humans hold devoid in his character unless held up as an act. The Young Thunder Sage is not above lying and assuming fake aliases to get what he desires, even those who would claim to be close to him knowing the monster underneath.

History: Born in a far flung village of Manchuria, the Young Thunder Sage was said to have been born between a human and the Lightning God Raiju, possessing powerful mystical abilities and the command of the storms themselves. With this power grew arrogance and greed and the desire to reign over men with his own power. The Young Thunder Sage thus set out to overcome the Kami of the world and place himself at what he deems the proper station over the entire Earth.

Story So Far: N/A

Abilities:

Lightning Spear: The Young Thunder Sage can channel electrical energy through his body, expelling powerful blasts of ki combined with electrical energy in the form of massive spears.

Ki Hail: The Young Thunder Sage can create a flurry of powerful ki blasts that shock and detonate on impact.

Summon Storm: The Young Thunder Safe can summon forth great gales of wind, rain and thunder where ever he is. These storms can swiftly flood an entire city with it's torrential rain and summon forth great blats of powerful lightning and rolling thunder which makes flight difficult.

Flight: The Young Thunder Sage can fly under his own power and summon forth great storm clouds which he can ride like a stallion.

The Black Hounds: Said to be the one of the most potent ability of Young Thunder Sage, the Black Hounds are a tribe of powerful elemental creatures with the appearance of a ravenous horde of dogs that chase their targets without growing tired before detonating with nuclear bomb force power when they catch their prey.

Tsunami: The fear of all men, The Thunder Sage can cause an earth shattering blast of thunder that rocks the very foundations of the world, causing massive tidal waves.

Other information: Aside from his potent ki abilities, The Young Thunder Sage is quite adept to hand to hand combat and is well versed in fighting with a bo staff. Despite his ruthless and directed mission, the Young Thunder Sage seems to have a soft spot for children, even ignoring them should fights against them break out. Some claim, those who have fought him, that The Young Thunder Sage hides a demonic form underneath his robes, only taking this shape should he be near defeat. This form is said to be a mindless force of elemental destruction, incapable of rational thought and only acting out the will of a supercell thunderstorm given flesh.
    Last edited by Razade; 2015-04-23 at 01:30 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Welcome to the club, Razade. Some comments on you character:

First, the Dragon Balls haven't been made yet. So if you don't want to wait to introduce your character, you might want to come up with an excuse for how he knows about them. One idea is that he heard Android 23 searching for them and doesn't know they're just a legend (for now).

Second, would it suit your plans if he was distant descendant of Yama no Rojin? I don't think he would've stuck around to father his bastard children, and a long line of daddy issues would surely explain why the Thunder Sage is so awful.

14. - Top - End - #74

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    out to find the Dragonballs to wish himself to true deific station so that he could overcome the Kami of the world and place himself at what he deems the proper station over the entire Earth.
    The Dragonballs that haven't been made yet?
    Last edited by Rater202; 2015-04-23 at 07:48 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    First, the Dragon Balls haven't been made yet. So if you don't want to wait to introduce your character, you might want to come up with an excuse for how he knows about them. One idea is that he heard Android 23 searching for them and doesn't know they're just a legend (for now).
    ...Why would Android 23 talk about trying to find the Dragon Balls? What would her reason be? Just saying- it doesn't seem like information like anyone would just share openly, especially if they traveled through time.

Maybe if he doesn't wait, the guy somehow comes from 120 years into the future where society is basically the same but the legends of the Dragon Balls have spread, and somehow fell through a time rift himself? that way, it'll be more plausible and it will be twenty years before he is born in their timeline so they can't just go and kill him as an infant or something.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Welcome to the club, Razade. Some comments on you character:

Ah whoops, fixed it.

Second, would it suit your plans if he was distant descendant of Yama no Rojin? I don't think he would've stuck around to father his bastard children, and a long line of daddy issues would surely explain why the Thunder Sage is so awful.
    That's fine

17. - Top - End - #77

The Dragonballs that haven't been made yet?
    They haven't been made yet on Earth. The thing is we don't know Namek is a thing yet.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

All but one of us don't know Namek is a thing yet. Remember my Character is trying to make Dragonballs. Also While Cyborgs can't be detected directly with Scouters they can be indirectly via another person's ki. at least that is what the Wiki says.

19. - Top - End - #79

Raziere, you are aware that Korin's tower and the Lookout, despite the second being on top of the first, are several hundred vertical miles apart, right?

So unless 23 floated down to the tower, she wouldn't be their when they got to the top.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Raziere, you are aware that Korin's tower and the Lookout, despite the second being on top of the first, are several hundred vertical miles apart, right?

So unless 23 floated down to the tower, she wouldn't be their when they got to the top.
    oh, I'll delete it then repost it when you get to the Lookout.

Edit: Emp-Ing, no, stop, we're not at the Lookout yet.

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    All but one of us don't know Namek is a thing yet. Remember my Character is trying to make Dragonballs. Also While Cyborgs can't be detected directly with Scouters they can be indirectly via another person's ki. at least that is what the Wiki says.
    Wait, Dr. Gero knows that Namek is a thing? I working on the assumption that he didn't, or that at least he didn't know that Kami was a Namekian...
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2015-04-23 at 07:34 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81

Dr. Gero was monitoring Goku from the end of the Red Ribbon army arc to the end of the Saiyan Saga.

Meaning he would know about Namekians due to the Saiyans referring to Piccolo as such, would know that Kami looks exactly like King Piccolo doing to Kami participating in the World Martial Arts tournament once in order to try and seal Piccolo away back when he was still evil, and that the dragonballs stop working if Piccolo dies.

How much of that he shared with his Androids is a matter for debate.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2015-04-23 at 10:11 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Dr. Gero was monitoring Goku from the end of the Red Ribbon army arc to the end of the Saiyan Saga.

Meaning he would know about Namekians due to the Saiyans referring to Piccolo as such, would know that Kami looks exactly like King Piccolo doing to Kami participating in the World Martial Arts tournament once in order to try and seal Piccolo away back when he was still evil, and that the dragonballs stop working if Piccolo dies.
    Then attribute her threatening this Kami for the Dragon Balls as some sort of denial on her part I guess? Like she wanted to believe that maybe his information was inaccurate for once and try to get the Dragon Balls, thinking that maybe it was not due to these weird Namekian aliens after all? Guess she is now waiting for Namek-Kami to show up, when he won't in this timeline.

I mean, she never met any Namekians, Dr. Gero was kind of a mad scientist and the Androids never got off planet and encountered aliens, so I think she figured "hey maybe the revenge-obsessed guy who made me this way was wrong for once and all this Namekian stuff is all just some delusion?"

23. - Top - End - #83

Who's to say that Dr. Gero imparted all of his knowledge into the androids? Everything they know is likely on a need-to-know basis. All they need to know is that Piccolo and Kami are green humanoids who are Goku's allies, with a couple of nifty abilities like regeneration and stretchy-arms. They won't need to know about the "alien" thing.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2015-04-23 at 10:38 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Android 23 can know of the Nameks as far as I care. Remember, knowledge doesn't translate to ability to actually do stuff about it. At no point of the manga at least did Dr. Gero display any knowledge on how to build space ships, and according to Bulma, a trip to Namek using top Earth technology would've taken, what, few thousand years?

I'm just saying, in absence of a working space ship, Android 23 won't do much with that info.

25. - Top - End - #85

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    Callins, stays behind as he feels there is something to this tower that should be explored. As he ventures down the halls trying to that odd third signal, he calls out.

Hello is anyone here?
    Korin's tower has no halls.

And Frozen already said Korin his yet to move in.

It's basically an empty tower.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Korin's tower has no halls.

And Frozen already said Korin his yet to move in.

It's basically an empty tower.
    i missed that.

27. - Top - End - #87

So I was thinking of the planet Arcos, and I thought I could develop it.

Arcos is a Gas Giant world. In its hayday, it orbited a star in an irregular orbit. Although the gases that made up the world were great at retaining the world's heat, such was its mass that the daytime side that faced the star was comfortably warmer, while the nighttime side was absolutely frigid. Life developed on the world despite all odds, forming on the various ice-continents that would form during the night from condensed, frozen gasses or on the hundreds of pieces of captured space debris that would strike Arcos regularly. As inhospitable as the world was, life developed, evolved, and adapted to what are arguably the harshest conditions in the galaxy.

From this, sentient life would eventually evolve, creating the Arcosians. Immensely strong creatures well-adapted to the perpetual superstorms, environmental extremes, inconsistent atmospheres, and the constant creation and destruction of the very ground they stood on. As powerful as the average Arcosian may seem, they are far from the most dangerous creatures. Megafauna borne aloft on wind currents powerful enough to rip a terrestrial world to shreds stalk the flying ice-continents in search of an easy meal, themselves prey to titanic leviathans who lurk deeper in the clouds. Arcosians only maintained dominance through their intellect and advanced technology. Everything from their smallest instruments to their largest spires are designed to be as sleek and efficient as possible so as to weather the superstorms of Arcos.

Since developing space travel, pre-Imperial Arcosians found themselves a dominant force in the galaxy. However in just a few short generations Colonial Arcosians noted they were weaker than their homeworld kin by enormous margins, divorced from the supremely inhospitable conditions that created their immensely powerful explorer-ancestors.

Arcos still supports life, but its irregular orbit has many astronomers nervous that it could eject from the solar system at any time, becoming a Rogue Planet. Projections vary wildly, some saying it won't happen for another 10 million (Earth) years at least, while others saying it could happen as soon as 20 years. Either way, even mighty Arcos could not survive the loss of its sun.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2015-04-24 at 02:52 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88

We sort of need a name for the emperor, don't we?

We'd be after Lord Chilled's time, but well before King Cold and his mutant lineage...

I kind of want it to be a pun on hail.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

We sort of need a name for the emperor, don't we?

We'd be after Lord Chilled's time, but well before King Cold and his mutant lineage...

I kind of want it to be a pun on hail.
    I've had this idea that Android 23 when she heard the Frost Demon's names she develop this snarky thing like saying "What was your father's name, Aisage?" and be completely right every time- or at least be right about that being an actual Frost Demon name but be wrong about who is named that, so maybe she could ask "Ok let me guess: the Emperor's name is something like Haylin right?"
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2015-04-24 at 03:02 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    "Ok let me guess: the Emperor's name is something like Haylin right?"
    Emperor Hailing, actually.