New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball in the Playground [Discussion & Interest checking]

So Rater, what are you waiting for to post? Or did I miss something?
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

2. - Top - End - #212

Ieez is unconscious, and I'm waiting until the Thunder Sage Saga ends to introduce [Redacted].

Least that's the plan.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

kay while this is happening, I'm thinking on the wording of 23's wish, since Callins said that a resurrection wouldn't work because of time shenanigans. so I'm thinking of something like

"I wish for Android 22 from my timeline to be teleported to this exact time and place five seconds before she dies."

why? because it will teleport her out of 21's grip, and thus stop the energy drain that killed her and bringing her back at an appropriate power level for where we are at now. this wish also is meant to make sure that 22 doesn't get teleported EARLY, so as not to interfere with the events that led to 23 coming back into the past in the first place. however if you can think of a better wish or see an error in the wording, please let me know.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #214

I see no issues with that, save that maybe Shenron not being powerful enough to grant a wish like that.

If Callins could gather enough energy for Shenron to be able to grant two wishes, it might be easier to use one wish to bring 23 to this timeline as is and the second to bring her back.

But that's just my opinion, it's really up to Caveliere if his Shenron could grant your wish.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Let's be fair. The Young Thunder Sage gave both the Ice Demons more than enough chance to not fight. He only outright attacked the Lookout. I even got chided OOCly for my character "not fighting back" against the Ice Demons. Not defending The Young Thunder Sage not being a bad dude, but the beating that transpired was because the parties that got it asked for it. You don't blame the wave for crashing into the shore because the wave wouldn't stop moving.
    Last edited by Razade; 2015-05-05 at 12:53 AM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

ok.

But 23 doesn't know that. All she sees is a guy kicking up a literal storm with lightning bolts that could cause some real damage and a guy attacking the Kami for no reason she can discern and throwing around some serious power while doing it. That guy hurt like two of four of the first people she could actually talk to about the recent troubles in her life and to her, fighting Majin Buu was only a week ago. Not hard to see why she is quick to think Young Thunder Sage is a threat that attacked first.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    ok.

But 23 doesn't know that. All she sees is a guy kicking up a literal storm with lightning bolts that could cause some real damage and a guy attacking the Kami for no reason she can discern and throwing around some serious power while doing it. That guy hurt like two of four of the first people she could actually talk to about the recent troubles in her life and to her, fighting Majin Buu was only a week ago. Not hard to see why she is quick to think Young Thunder Sage is a threat that attacked first.
    I don't disagree and 23 isn't wrong. I was just making conversation.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

yes and I continued it.

speaking of YTS and 23, I think if it ever happens that its going to an interesting battle. the YTS has been spamming his ki attacks quite a bit, which probably won't work well on 23, and thus take the battle in a different direction.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

The Young Thunder Sage is a practiced martial artist and The Black Hounds are magic. He's a Demi-God after all

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

oh I know, it would be boring if beam spam was all he could do. really, thats the direction I was referring to.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I see no issues with that, save that maybe Shenron not being powerful enough to grant a wish like that.

If Callins could gather enough energy for Shenron to be able to grant two wishes, it might be easier to use one wish to bring 23 to this timeline as is and the second to bring her back.

But that's just my opinion, it's really up to Caveliere if his Shenron could grant your wish.
    I am back, for a short time...
    anyways, I figure that Shenron could grant such a wish if a time slip, to the correct era, was occurring the same moment the wish was made. This would put less strain on Shenron, and thus mean it possible. However I don't think other wish Shenron could pull off such a wish if he was only allowed to grant 1. Which is what Callins will give Shenron.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

So, find something that puts less strain on Shenron. hm.

Would it be possible for him to open a portal to that other timeline for a very limited amount of time to pull 22 through?

Its a little crazy I know: We would essentially be opening a portal right to the part where 22 would be in the grip of somebody even more powerful than Majin Buu for a few seconds, 23 would have to act fast to pull her through before the portal closes. but no one ever said that safe actions made for exciting roleplaying moments....

Edit:
    Or in another idea:
    23 wishes Shenron for a one-shot power that allows her to push 22 into the past right back to this point. Then, an alternate timeline 23 who waits centuries for the right moment, comes right in and uses it on 22, which teleports her to this timeline's 23. this of course would lead to 23 still having a one-shot power to push somebody centuries into the past in the present, which would be pretty useless all things considered, and detrimental if used wrong.

I guess she could wish for a time machine, but that would have its own problems and it probably wouldn't work.

while things like "I wish Android 22 had lived to follow me into the past" or "I wish my past self had been able to save 22" or "I wish Android 22 had always been here" probably won't work or be a good idea either.

maybe we could wish for somebody who CAN help them get Android 22 back, if Shenron can't? I don't know how that would turn out though.....

don't worry though, I consider this like a puzzle: there is a solution to this that could work, its just not one that is obvious.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2015-05-05 at 03:50 AM.

13. - Top - End - #223

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Let's be fair. The Young Thunder Sage gave both the Ice Demons more than enough chance to not fight. He only outright attacked the Lookout. I even got chided OOCly for my character "not fighting back" against the Ice Demons. Not defending The Young Thunder Sage not being a bad dude, but the beating that transpired was because the parties that got it asked for it. You don't blame the wave for crashing into the shore because the wave wouldn't stop moving.
    He just up and attacked the Lookout, never explained his reasons for doing so, and was told a head of time that he would not be permited to attack the old man.

Also, you'll have to remember that Yama did order the arcosians to "kick his ass" referring to the young thunder sage.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    I am back, for a short time...
    anyways, I figure that Shenron could grant such a wish if a time slip, to the correct era, was occurring the same moment the wish was made. This would put less strain on Shenron, and thus mean it possible. However I don't think other wish Shenron could pull off such a wish if he was only allowed to grant 1. Which is what Callins will give Shenron.
    Why would he only give one wish? Presumably, he knows Porunga grants three.

Also, wishing for that one shot power and waiting for an alternate 23 to push an alternate 22 into the timeline wouldn't work because 22 might not be built in this timeline and it would be an alternate version of this timeline that got her.

Also it would be a different 22 from the one that was 23's friend.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2015-05-05 at 08:39 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

He just up and attacked the Lookout, never explained his reasons for doing so, and was told a head of time that he would not be permited to attack the old man.

Also, you'll have to remember that Yama did order the arcosians to "kick his ass" referring to the young thunder sage.

Also, wishing for that one shot power and waiting for an alternate 23 to push an alternate 22 into the timeline wouldn't work because 22 might not be built in this timeline and it would be an alternate version of this timeline that got her.

True, but then why would Kami (from the show) have Shenron grant only one wish then? Maybe Callins believe three wishes would be to much power, though I can see since he has stated to knowing of Porunga that he would make it three wishes.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

well the idea was that since alternate timelines would be constantly branching, one of those many infinite branches would turn out exactly like 23's timeline did.....but I guess your right, another idea then!

however I've thought about the few seconds rift idea some more....and I think I can make it work, its a clever idea that I won't tell you, but I'm certain it will work, the concept is simple but viable.

16. - Top - End - #226

Kami made his Dragon balls going off of, essentially, genetic memory. He might not have known they could be made to grant more than 1 wish.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, i can go with that. Plus all things are leading to 3 wishes rather then 1. ergo 23's Genie thing.

18. - Top - End - #228

You could always go with the limit Dende's dragon balls had in the Buu Saga-they normally grant three wishes, but anything big (Like resurrecting multiple people) counts as two.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #229

Starting to regret having Ieez get so busted up so fast once the sage started fighting back.

Gonna set some stuff up for my second plot, just to be posting something.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

yeah, I get the feeling that I might need to something similar, Rater. I get the feeling that it might be a while yet before that battle is resolved. Frozen Feet and Razade just seem to have a completely different posting speed from ours, so we'll just have to find a way to occupy ourselves

anybody have any ideas? I did have this black-armored Arcosian concept called Pyron was supposed to be this anti-empire guy, but I didn't want to step on your toes. I was thinking of maybe making him a double agent in the Arcosian's empire instead, waiting for the perfect time to act against the Empire in secret while having to do evil things until he could. but that could be a while before we ever get around that Empire.

I do also have this earth-native tiger-folk martial artist concept in mind, probably about as strong as Artic or Callins. still kind of not well thought out though.

but aside from that, not much I can think of, aside from detailing hypothetical alternate timelines.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

You might want to get everyone away from the lookout and to the Wasteland or Callin's place. They can do their things there, I won't mind if you get ahead by few days in-game time because it will be fairly easy for me and Razade to catch up once the fight resolves.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

.....but....but I want to face YTS....I'm the only one who hasn't gotten into a fight yet.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Callins has not fought anyone yet either.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

There's nothing in particular stopping Android 23 from charging in. If Razade has nothing against it, she could join the fight.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

yea but I had a certain expectation of how I'd do but....if I charge in now, it kinda wouldn't happen. unless I do something to taunt YTS into attacking 23 instead of Kami.....but thats the problem with RP's: expectations almost never work out....

Edit: No wait, better idea.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2015-05-09 at 02:20 PM.

26. - Top - End - #236

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    Callins has not fought anyone yet either.
    He attacked Ieez.

I was planning on Introducing my antagonist and later protagonist after the thunder sage was defeated, because stuff.

But...

If you don't mind, saying for example that Kami's got things under control and evacing to collin's ship, and then continuing the plot with investigating the door and finding a dragon in the wasteland, but with Artic as an extra party member, which could segue into or intertwine with my plot: I actually had the anomalies happen in the wasteland for that reason-Callins' computer may or may not have caught them.

The plan with my antagonist was always to do with the Piccolo/Vegeta thing where he's an enemy at first but becomes an ally when presented with a stronger antagonist, or the Yamcha thing where he starts as an antagonist, but then follows behind and helping the heroes, presenting himself as a genuine ally but hiding an agenda, but then becoming a genuine ally at the end of the arc.

Depending on how the fight between Yama and YTS goes, I could easily do either or.

Alternatively, he could go strait anti-hero from the beginning, but that would require very specific interactions from

If Callins' has an automated medbay or a healing pod on his ship, then we have an excuse for Ieez to sit out and recover, so I don't run into the problem of having two major character's interacting on either side of a conflict.

Just a suggestion.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

He attacked Ieez.

I was planning on Introducing my antagonist and later protagonist after the thunder sage was defeated, because stuff.

But...

If you don't mind, saying for example that Kami's got things under control and evacing to collin's ship, and then continuing the plot with investigating the door and finding a dragon in the wasteland, but with Artic as an extra party member, which could segue into or intertwine with my plot: I actually had the anomalies happen in the wasteland for that reason-Callins' computer may or may not have caught them.

The plan with my antagonist was always to do with the Piccolo/Vegeta thing where he's an enemy at first but becomes an ally when presented with a stronger antagonist, or the Yamcha thing where he starts as an antagonist, but then follows behind and helping the heroes, presenting himself as a genuine ally but hiding an agenda, but then becoming a genuine ally at the end of the arc.

Depending on how the fight between Yama and YTS goes, I could easily do either or.

Alternatively, he could go strait anti-hero from the beginning, but that would require very specific interactions from

If Callins' has an automated medbay or a healing pod on his ship, then we have an excuse for Ieez to sit out and recover, so I don't run into the problem of having two major character's interacting on either side of a conflict.

Just a suggestion.
    attacking and fighting are the same thing always. I mean Callins shot at Ieez yes but did they fight no.

28. - Top - End - #238

Are the wastelands like the wastelands Piccolo lives and trains in, with the mountains and plateaus and the dinosaurs? Or are they more like deserts?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Are the wastelands like the wastelands Piccolo lives and trains in, with the mountains and plateaus and the dinosaurs? Or are they more like deserts?
    i imagine they are like the ones Yamcha was found in.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

oh well, I'll just have my first fight with Rater's vegeta/piccolo/Yamcha character then.

Edit: oh NOW we get to the part where he could use her help. great. now I'm just conflicted. maybe we need better communication on this sort of thing?
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2015-05-09 at 03:27 PM.