Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: One Piece: Gear IV

Quote Originally Posted by LordRahl6 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I not disagreeing with you regarding the facts on why the World Government and Blackbeard will attack Luffy in the future at Raftel. However there are other reasons/players that will get involved with the Final Showdown.

Spoiler: Three more reasons for a huge fight
    Show
    First of these is the Ancient Kingdom/Poneglyphs/Will of D.- All of these elements have pretty much been established to be linked together somehow and I believe it will be revealed conclusively at Raftel, perhaps THE location of the Ancient Kingdom.
    This brings me to the Revolutionary Army- if Raftel is the location of the Ancient Kingdom Dragon WILL BE just as interested in it as Luffy. These two reasons alone will draw the World Government.
    Finally, if the anyone let the World Government makes a move on Raftel, then True Chaos will ensue with every remaining power player moving in to make their claim let alone the pirates.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't even think that by the Final Showdown there will be all of these little groups, I am thinking it is possible that Aboslute Chaos will have already erupted, this big meeting of the nations of the WG is a great place..for something that begins the breakdown of society, and by the end, There is only The Lawful Evil Remnants of the World Government, the Chaotic Evil Pirates lead by Black Beard..and everyone else, who end up falling in with Luffy because he wants to kick the rear end of the other two groups, for Luffy it will be about reaching One Piece first For Aniku it will be needing to get the last Poneglyphs first to regain control for the WG, and Blackbeard..for whatever he wants I don't think his actual Motivations have been revealed as of yet.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Blackbeard..for whatever he wants I don't think his actual Motivations have been revealed as of yet.
    Im pretty sure BB's dream is more or less the same as Luffy, he is more or less a dark mirror of him already.

The main difference is that BB is a lot more cunning in how he works towards his goal.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Im pretty sure BB's dream is more or less the same as Luffy, he is more or less a dark mirror of him already.

The main difference is that BB is a lot more cunning in how he works towards his goal.
    So... is "cunning" a synonym for "evil" now?
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Maybe more "underhanded/sly/deceitful" than outright "evil".
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

No but Luffy is at times horribly selfish himself, and certainly not directly good.
    So i think BB having a working brain but being a coward is the main difference.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

No but Luffy is at times horribly selfish himself, and certainly not directly good.
    So i think BB having a working brain but being a coward is the main difference.
    Yes, let us assume Luffy didn't start a war between pirates and marines to get hundreds killed and directly planned to murder Whitebeard because he is... stupid.
    Sure, Luffy can be selfish, but between that and going around planning to kill people there is more than "cunning" involved.
    "What's done is done."

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, let us assume Luffy didn't start a war between pirates and marines to get hundreds killed and directly planned to murder Whitebeard because he is... stupid.
    Sure, Luffy can be selfish, but between that and going around planning to kill people there is more than "cunning" involved.
    I newer claimed that BB were not evil, or that Luffy were, only that its not the biggest difference between then ;)

8. - Top - End - #338
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

We've gotten to the point in the anime where Baby 5 has been "defeated" with love (also I highly recommend this episode if you're into flashy animation, the fight scenes in this one got a big boost in budget), if Oda keeps taking breaks we're going to catch up to the manga!

9. - Top - End - #339
    Troll in the Playground

That's pretty standard in storytelling - Blackbeard is Luffy's foil. They're similar in many respects, such as their goals or aspects of their past, but their differences define them. That's why their rivalry is the focal point. Akainu is Luffy's target for revenge but it's Blackbeard who will stand in his way to become Pirate King. It's Blackbeard who will be the de facto final villain, as it were.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

10. - Top - End - #340

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show

Well, they are Luffy's fleet in all but... Luffy's mind. I guess it's no surprise he wouldn't accept them as underlings, but they are his nakama now and that's obviously worth much more. I wonder if bart will ever die of dehydration from crying his yes out like that... Though, Leon leaving Dressrosa seems really weird. Did I miss something?

Otherwise... yeah, not much happening. I guess we'll get to see the rest of the Strawhats next?
    Spoiler
    Show

My translation had a line from Leon about the Tontatta being able to catch a ride on...something...after the party.
    Why should a man be scorned if, finding himself in prison, he tries to get out and go home? Or if, when he cannot do so, he thinks and talks about other topics than jailers and prison-walls?

Pokemon:
    Spoiler
    Show

Friend Code: 4484-7979-9172
    DS name: Ben
    In-game name: Lief
    Friend safari: Charmeleon, Pansear, Ninetails

Brew:

11. - Top - End - #341

PirateGuy

Did Oda skip another week or is Mangapanda just slow for this chapter?

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sigh View Post
    Did Oda skip another week or is Mangapanda just slow for this chapter?
    It usually doesn't update until like 2am for me which is a few hours from now.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Spoiler: 801
    Show
    Cavendish really needs his own cover story. Maybe with Barto, they'd be hilarious

So Lucci is CP0 now? Interesting. Was not expecting that. That can't be Spandam with him can it?

Aww, the Dwarfs made statues of Usopp, Kyros, and Lucy. And its Usopp's shock face too.

That is a very nice spread of the yonkou, warlords, and rookies. I bet that's a silhouette of Green Bull there with the Marines.

"The Throne wars". Probably a bad translation, but I like it anyway. Begun, the Throne War has.

Oh Barto. I didn't know what to expect from your ship, but that takes the cake.

And the new bounties are in. Luffy & Law are up to 500 Million, Shogun Franky is his new bounty picture, and the God Usopp is now at 200 Million! Sanji gets a new (not-drawn) picture, Chopper gets doubled to 100 berries, and Brook's is his concert picture. Total Crew Bounty went from 800 Million Berries to 1.57 Billion.

But they only want Sanji alive. Now that's interesting. I wonder if that has to do with his (still very murky) past, and who his parents were.

Also, we'll get a color spread next week, and probably news about the latest One Piece movie.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dasgovernator View Post
    Spoiler: 801
    Show
    Cavendish really needs his own cover story. Maybe with Barto, they'd be hilarious

So Lucci is CP0 now? Interesting. Was not expecting that. That can't be Spandam with him can it?

Aww, the Dwarfs made statues of Usopp, Kyros, and Lucy. And its Usopp's shock face too.

That is a very nice spread of the yonkou, warlords, and rookies. I bet that's a silhouette of Green Bull there with the Marines.

"The Throne wars". Probably a bad translation, but I like it anyway. Begun, the Throne War has.

Oh Barto. I didn't know what to expect from your ship, but that takes the cake.

And the new bounties are in. Luffy & Law are up to 500 Million, Shogun Franky is his new bounty picture, and the God Usopp is now at 200 Million! Sanji gets a new (not-drawn) picture, Chopper gets doubled to 100 berries, and Brook's is his concert picture. Total Crew Bounty went from 800 Million Berries to 1.57 Billion.

But they only want Sanji alive. Now that's interesting. I wonder if that has to do with his (still very murky) past, and who his parents were.

Also, we'll get a color spread next week, and probably news about the latest One Piece movie.
    Damn, beat me to it.

Spoiler: Game of Thrones
    Show

That's what Mingo was going for, right?

I'm rather confident that IS Spandam with Lucci, no idea why he hasn't been kicked out for total incompetence but... well.

Mingo is still alive and someone (Jack?) wants to free him... with Fujitora around and the effing former general of the Marines. I'm sure that will end well...

Barto is amazing and hilarious and needs his own spin off Also, his whole crew

Not too much on the bounty posters... all interesting a bit, but apart from the "Sanji alive" fact only nice little laughs. (Usopp does look pretty scary, though. Opposed to his statue in Dressrosa......) Not sure what the deal with Sanji is... maybe he really is secretly a double agent for the WG. Who knows?

btw, how did anyone tell Mancherry is cute in that crowd? She's tiny and they were way away! Oda, your stories need to make more sense

Excited for next week, as always.
    "What's done is done."

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show
    So Doffy used Summon Future Plot Exposition? Sure, I like that! And are we finally getting a "Jack" Sparrow shoutout, or would it be a reference to a different pirate?

Dang, didn't expect Barto club to be that creepy. Kinda takes away from Barto's uniqueness though, IMO.

Nice to see the bounties go up, with God Ussop (not Sogeking!) taking the 3rd spot. Wonder how Sanji would feel about that. As for the "alive only" bit, I'm guessing it's another comedic twist to Sanji's bounty. Maybe this time, some Tenryuubito wants him to be boytoy or something.
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    So Doffy used Summon Future Plot Exposition? Sure, I like that! And are we finally getting a "Jack" Sparrow shoutout, or would it be a reference to a different pirate?

Dang, didn't expect Barto club to be that creepy. Kinda takes away from Barto's uniqueness though, IMO.

Nice to see the bounties go up, with God Ussop (not Sogeking!) taking the 3rd spot. Wonder how Sanji would feel about that. As for the "alive only" bit, I'm guessing it's another comedic twist to Sanji's bounty. Maybe this time, some Tenryuubito wants him to be boytoy or something.
    Spoiler: Ch 801
    Show
    Definitely!!! a good one on plot exposition. What I personally thought of with regards to bad puns "The Clone Wars" although a Game of Thrones reference might well be part of it as well.

I have to wonder as well if we're getting a "Jack Sparrow" and loved Rob Lucci's (clearly masked) return. I do LOVE the Barto Club ship and Ussop's reaction totally priceless. I wonder if Sanji is facing a succession of problems printing his poster. (Or is it his rare RH blood type has gotten out)
    Wizard's First Rule: People will believe anything, either because they want it to be true, or they are afraid it is true.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

I do think its kinda hilarious that Usop is now the one having the third highest bounty among the Straw-hat crew, with his nickgame of "God"

Else, great chapter all around, i did love the winding down we have of the current arc, and do look forward to finding out what happend with Sanji.

it is of course a shame that with all these new faces the core members have kinda been left out.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I just realized that a Dress Rosa kid in page 5 has a shirt with a Kuma/PX design on it... WTH?

EDIT: Not the first time, apparently. May I just say "Whaaat?" one more time?
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2015-09-24 at 07:52 PM.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

I do think its kinda hilarious that Usop is now the one having the third highest bounty among the Straw-hat crew, with his nickgame of "God"

Else, great chapter all around, i did love the winding down we have of the current arc, and do look forward to finding out what happend with Sanji.

it is of course a shame that with all these new faces the core members have kinda been left out.
    It is a layered Joke, Ussop after gaining the Title of God..gained Observation Haki..which is Mantra.

That was introduced by..God.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

At this point I wonder if Ussop is strong enough to defeat the bosses of the East Blue. Original Buggy almost certainly, and maybe Kuro.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

21. - Top - End - #351

PirateGuy

I'd say he could handle most of the East Blue bosses at this point, any of them could IMO except maybe Smoker.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

At this point I wonder if Ussop is strong enough to defeat the bosses of the East Blue. Original Buggy almost certainly, and maybe Kuro.
    Yeah Buggy back then mainly relied on his fruit for a lot of his defence, but it would not offer much defence against a lot of Usops speciel attacks.

Kuro on the other hand would pose a much more severe challenge, both due to him being a lot smarter than Buggy, but also because his offence is mainly speed based, i fear he would in most cases get to slice Usop up before he would get a chance to react.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Yeah Buggy back then mainly relied on his fruit for a lot of his defence, but it would not offer much defence against a lot of Usops speciel attacks.

Kuro on the other hand would pose a much more severe challenge, both due to him being a lot smarter than Buggy, but also because his offence is mainly speed based, i fear he would in most cases get to slice Usop up before he would get a chance to react.
    Except that Usopp has Haki now, he can dodge before Kuro attacks and aim for where Kuro will be much easier.

Usopp is far stronger than people give him credit for, if he were not a coward he could do much more than he does in terms of combat. When he does fight he does incredibly well even against supposedly stronger opponents, he thinks faster on his feet than any other member of the crew..outside of Luffy himself.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

Except that Usopp has Haki now, he can dodge before Kuro attacks and aim for where Kuro will be much easier.
    There is no except there, Haki is a powerful tool, but there is a gigantic difference betwen having access to it, and actually being in any way familiar with it.
    It is not an instant power boost, we have not even seen Usop use the dodge skill from Awareness Haki.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Orc in the Playground

All we've seen so far is Usopp accessing the use of Observation Haki by focusing really hard during the Dressrosa Arc. We don't know that he knows how to access his haki willingly.

Observation Haki... might it run in the Sopp family?

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I can't see how Usopp's Haki would help him against Kuro. The others he could likely take, but Kuro just has the advantage of going close range in the blink of an eye and then he'd pretty much won. Actually, Kuro might have been the most powerful pirate boss in East Blue and I wish we knew more about what he does now.
    "What's done is done."

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Yeah, I can't see how Usopp's Haki would help him against Kuro. The others he could likely take, but Kuro just has the advantage of going close range in the blink of an eye and then he'd pretty much won. Actually, Kuro might have been the most powerful pirate boss in East Blue and I wish we knew more about what he does now.
    I think Arlong would take great exception at that accusation, sure Kuro is fast but if Arlong actually took a hit..and grabbed ahold of Kuro as a counter attack Kuro would be screwed.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by ryuplaneswalker View Post
    I think Arlong would take great exception at that accusation, sure Kuro is fast but if Arlong actually took a hit..and grabbed ahold of Kuro as a counter attack Kuro would be screwed.
    Kuro's claws were dumb. If he had used a spear he would have won...

Also shark darts were also super fast, so who knows. Luffy could catch him because it only went in a straight line.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

Kuro's claws were dumb. If he had used a spear he would have won...
    If your moving that fast then most sharp weapons will do, a spear is of course a lot more practical.
    But it did not look like Kuro's claws were slowing him down, so a spear would not have helped him hit Luffy.

I actually think he would have had a harder time hitting with a spear when he moves in his random fashion.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

If your moving that fast then most sharp weapons will do, a spear is of course a lot more practical.
    But it did not look like Kuro's claws were slowing him down, so a spear would not have helped him hit Luffy.

I actually think he would have had a harder time hitting with a spear when he moves in his random fashion.
    I meant more because you can let go of the spear when it gets caught in something, which is how he kept getting nabbed.