New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: One Piece: Gear IV

Ok, and that's it, were off to the time skip!

... ... ... Nipple Laser's? *Eyes gloss ove with blue screen and error 404 message.*
    "I Burn!"

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by metahuman1 View Post
    ok, and that's it, were off to the time skip!

... ... ... Nipple laser's? *eyes gloss ove with blue screen and error 404 message.*
    it is the most manly of weapons!

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

Hehe, but seriously, I did like the send off for both the end of the timeskip and the return. After every-bit of mess that came about during Impel Down and the War with Whitebeard and the Navy, this was needed. I love a show that knows how to let characters win and when to lighten things up.

Also, Perona is rapidly becoming a favorite right along with Boa Handcock. (Though at the rate that departure was going, I was half expecting Dragon to sink a Navy Ship on Robin's behalf just cause everyone elses training period's were getting involved, why not her's?).

But really Franky, Sea-prisum stone hardware, look it up, it would be an awesome upgrade.

Also you look genuinely terrifying now.

And Brook, really, you didn't actually train, like, at all? In a Shonen? Not good form man.
    "I Burn!"

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Brook Trained until his eyeballs burst.

except he doesn't have any eyeballs!

YOH HOOO HOOO HOO!

5. - Top - End - #455
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Also, Perona is rapidly becoming a favorite right along with Boa Handcock. (Though at the rate that departure was going, I was half expecting Dragon to sink a Navy Ship on Robin's behalf just cause everyone elses training period's were getting involved, why not her's?).

And Brook, really, you didn't actually train, like, at all? In a Shonen? Not good form man.
    Aaaaah Perona is probably one of my favorite characters design wise she's just super cute and great. Also, the reason why Nico Robn's time skip doesn't get much screen time is because it's secretly something pretty important, I imagine.

Brook totally trained, just he's their musician so you know, he trained in a more musical sense. He DOES attack with music after all.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Gah, I missed the memo on this week's lack of chapter! Speaking of Brook...where the hell is he? With Sanji? Getting his furry panty fetish on?
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

7. - Top - End - #457

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Gah, I missed the memo on this week's lack of chapter! Speaking of Brook...where the hell is he? With Sanji? Getting his furry panty fetish on?
    A theory I heard is that they think the Straw Hats are dead because they saw Brook sleeping or unconcious. So that.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sigh View Post
    I feel like it's not too big of a spoiler to reveal that unfortunately only the Monster Trio (Luffy, Sanji, and Zoro) have Haki by the time the upcoming timeskip is over as far as we know, though I'm sure the rest of the crew will get their moments on-screen where they'll unlock it.
    Lies. Nami had haki way before any of them. Unconsciously, but still

Quote Originally Posted by ryuplaneswalker View Post
    Brook Trained until his eyeballs burst.

except he doesn't have any eyeballs!

YOH HOOO HOOO HOO!
    Yeah, he worked himself down to the bone.

Okay, no trombone joke. But yeah, he trained his musical skills, because what else could he train? There's no muscles to build up after all. Wait, how does Brooke work again?
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

9. - Top - End - #459
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Lies. Nami had haki way before any of them. Unconsciously, but still
    she does? where did i miss that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Orderic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swaoeaeieu
    Or maybe, i dont know... adoption?
    Don't be ridiculous. We need those orphans...
    If at any point you notice mistakes in my English, please let me know, I am always looking to improve.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

He's making a joke based off the fact that Nami can hurt Luffy whenever she wants, despite being rubber.

11. - Top - End - #461

PirateGuy

He's making a joke based off the fact that Nami can hurt Luffy whenever she wants, despite being rubber.
    riiiight, but thats more playfull hurting right? I mean, when bad guys fight him and he gets it bad, he doesnt look like when nami beats him up. I choose to think he lets himself get messed up by his navigator
    If at any point you notice mistakes in my English, please let me know, I am always looking to improve.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Swaoeaeieu View Post
    riiiight, but thats more playfull hurting right? I mean, when bad guys fight him and he gets it bad, he doesnt look like when nami beats him up. I choose to think he lets himself get messed up by his navigator
    Tsk, so you're saying Luffy turning his ruber off to GET hurt makes more sense than Nami being naturally gifted at haki? Suuuure
    "What's done is done."

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

So, okay real talk time.

Am I the only one who never gets tired of Brook's puns? They always make me atleast snicker even though I know exactly what is coming?

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ettin in the Playground

I feel like I should be tired of it by now, but Brook's humor wraps past ridiculous and back into funny, somehow. I have yet to not find him amusing.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Tsk, so you're saying Luffy turning his ruber off to GET hurt makes more sense than Nami being naturally gifted at haki? Suuuure
    This was actually addressed in an SBS. Oda said that "Fists of Love" can bypass Devil Fruit abilities, which is why Nami can hurt Luffy when she's mad at him but can't otherwise hurt a logia.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Dasgovernator View Post
    This was actually addressed in an SBS. Oda said that "Fists of Love" can bypass Devil Fruit abilities, which is why Nami can hurt Luffy when she's mad at him but can't otherwise hurt a logia.
    I know Ai Aru Kobushi (Fist of Love) can bypass DF abilities due to being imbued with Haki, but when and from whom did Nami learn such a technique?
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

It'd be a better joke if Luffy was a Logia.

18. - Top - End - #468

Y'all need to watch Slayers and learn what the difference between Comedic and Actual damage is.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

All of this reminds me. They changed the joke with Handcock so that Luffy is aware and get's what's going on with her, and now just keeps very calmly and reasonably telling her no and letting her over drama it.

I think I actually like this cause now it's "I am setting the bounds, and reminding you were the boundaries are, and making NO pretense that anything I say to you is anything else.". It makes it more amusing when she goes off in her own little world somehow.

Also, redesigns, it's, odd, I think the only one I didn't like was Robins. And yet, I can't put a finger on what I dislike about it.
    "I Burn!"

20. - Top - End - #470

Devil

I really didn't like Franky's, Nami's or Robin's redesign.

Franky's has grown on me but the ladies still bug me, esspecially Robin, because since she's in her 30s, that means she had some pretty extensive plastic surgery done while with the revolutionaries.
    Last edited by chainer1216; 2015-11-13 at 02:06 AM.

21. - Top - End - #471

PirateGuy

The designs will grow on you, but yeah Robin's was a bit off for me too, and I think it's because of her age. She's filled out much like Nami, but the difference is that Nami is in the prime of her youth (20-ish) while Robin just hit 30, and while anyone can slim down if they want to she now looks a bit younger than she did before the timeskip.

I have the same issue with Chopper.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by chainer1216 View Post

Franky's has grown on me but the ladies still bug me, esspecially Robin, because since she's in her 30s, that means she had some pretty extensive plastic surgery done while with the revolutionaries.
    Or maybe she ages really well, as the case is for a lot of Oriental women.

I also just reread Marineford, and remembered the unimaginably durable metal that the marines used to ward off the pirates. Could this have been winesteel, or at least a prototype version of it? Maybe winesteel is haki-reinforced metal?
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2015-11-13 at 02:59 AM.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

I still really, really miss the old Franky, especially each time i reread the serie.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

24. - Top - End - #474
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Or maybe she ages really well, as the case is for a lot of Oriental women.
    Oda has said that if the Strawhats had real world nationalities Robin would be Russian.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    Oda has said that if the Strawhats had real world nationalities Robin would be Russian.
    Well, there are oriental women living in Russia. (I guess) Also, I'm not entirely sure where you'd draw the line but Russia goes far out east (duh) and there's a lot of different kinds of people living at least around the southern borders.

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    I still really, really miss the old Franky, especially each time i reread the serie.
    Yeah... I mean, his new look fits his over the top character but it is a bit MUCH.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Y'all need to watch Slayers and learn what the difference between Comedic and Actual damage is.
    Damage is damage, stop denying Nami's power
    "What's done is done."

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah... I mean, his new look fits his over the top character but it is a bit MUCH.
    I just kinda think that Franky lost a lot of his core identity during the timeskip.
    He is no longer a speedo wearing pervert thats also a cyborg, but have instead become a cyborg that might also be some sort of pervert?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

27. - Top - End - #477

PirateGuy

We got a new anime episode, and man I think they split up the Zoro/Pica finale up into two parts because this episode was pretty much nothing but the buildup to Zoro eventually taking him down, the episode ends on him coming up with said plan and saying, "let's do it!".

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

We got a new anime episode, and man I think they split up the Zoro/Pica finale up into two parts because this episode was pretty much nothing but the buildup to Zoro eventually taking him down, the episode ends on him coming up with said plan and saying, "let's do it!".
    Maybe it's just me, but I find Zoro's fights post-timeskip to be very forgettable. I think he offpaneled Hodi somewhere, and a vague memory that he fought blue-ringed octodude and Pica but can't remember the details. I can't even remember who (if any) he fought in Punk Hazard. The only clear memory I have of his "fight" is when he and Sanji OHKOd a Pacifista.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    I just kinda think that Franky lost a lot of his core identity during the timeskip.
    He is no longer a speedo wearing pervert thats also a cyborg, but have instead become a cyborg that might also be some sort of pervert?
    En, I dunno, I actually just took it as a bit of over due maturing, possibly brought on by the fact that for once he was truly on his own and had just had it shoved down his throat how much he needed to up his game.
    "I Burn!"

30. - Top - End - #480

PirateGuy

Maybe it's just me, but I find Zoro's fights post-timeskip to be very forgettable. I think he offpaneled Hodi somewhere, and a vague memory that he fought blue-ringed octodude and Pica but can't remember the details. I can't even remember who (if any) he fought in Punk Hazard. The only clear memory I have of his "fight" is when he and Sanji OHKOd a Pacifista.
    as far as i have seen, Zoro hasn't had a real fight since the time skip. even Pica he admitted to playing around with. We have yet to see Zoro's full potential