New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Fallen London 3 - "The God-Eaters"

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicAngel View Post
    well, I have sold the location of the Nadir to the spymaster. hope I didn't make a horrible horrible mistake
    Thats what I did too. From what I can tell, it was worth it.

EDIT: I just got an eyeless skull to send to someone, I already have found the Nadir, and don't want it to clog my hand.
    Last edited by rweird; 2015-05-21 at 05:32 AM.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicAngel View Post
    well, I have sold the location of the Nadir to the spymaster. hope I didn't make a horrible horrible mistake
    Selling it to the Urchins or the Devils is a horrible mistake, selling it to the Revolutionaries is slightly worse (since the item you get is more easily grindable). IMHO the spymaster option is the best one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

I sold it to the spies to break off from the Revolutionaries while planning to get the 5 card Bazaar and Brass Embassy lodgings the hard way.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    I sold it to the spies to break off from the Revolutionaries while planning to get the 5 card Bazaar and Brass Embassy lodgings the hard way.
    Why on earth were you planning to do that?

I've reached 3200 scraps! Now to wait for the relickers and keep gathering the next 6400+ I need...

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Divayth Fyr View Post
    Why on earth were you planning to do that?

I've reached 3200 scraps! Now to wait for the relickers and keep gathering the next 6400+ I need...
    Because I wasn't sure how Christmas worked, and I figured I'd get the stuff ahead of time just in case Christmas didn't pan out.

Plus it was go for that, go for a zub/yacht, or go for the overgoat.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey, lord_khaine, are you still looking for sapphires? I just drew the 'Give a Gift' card, and I'd be happy to send you some.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Plerumque View Post
    Hey, lord_khaine, are you still looking for sapphires? I just drew the 'Give a Gift' card, and I'd be happy to send you some.
    I can't say whether he wants more or not, but I have it on good authority that he has completed the task that made him ask in the first place (that is, he got himself a new walking stick ;) )

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Plus it was go for that, go for a zub/yacht, or go for the overgoat.
    The most annoying point when playing FL - you have nothing left to do but massive grinds (I'm trying to do other stuff so I don't die of boredom while slowly grinding for a goat/regaining my Master's _____/getting my stats capped)
    Last edited by Divayth Fyr; 2015-05-21 at 04:17 PM.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

The most annoying point when playing FL - you have nothing left to do but massive grinds (I'm trying to do other stuff so I don't die of boredom while slowly grinding for a goat/regaining my Master's _____/getting my stats capped)
    My luck with the Nadir is bad so I've stopped staying past 5 irrigo so my stats are capped (Persuasive is 203). I have 9000+ echoes saved up and once I get the goat I don't know what I'll do... probably try and catch a seal again for the fun of it.

Current Projects:

9. - Top - End - #279
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Hey guys, I'm sure there is an on-line guide, wiki, or FAQ which explains this, but I'm afraid my Google-fu has failed me- what, exactly, are the mechanical benefits tied to the "A Person of Some Importance" specialties? I just unlocked "An Extraordinary Mind" and am wondering if it is worth the notability hit for me to take it. Thanks!

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gecks View Post
    Hey guys, I'm sure there is an on-line guide, wiki, or FAQ which explains this, but I'm afraid my Google-fu has failed me- what, exactly, are the mechanical benefits tied to the "A Person of Some Importance" specialties? I just unlocked "An Extraordinary Mind" and am wondering if it is worth the notability hit for me to take it. Thanks!
    There aren't many benefits - basically you can help people raise their stats by becoming their Patron (which will cost you a Free Evening and get some Making Waves and the apropriate second chance (if you have less than 16)) and raise the chosen stat via the Unsigned Message card (which will also consume Notability). The last bit helps Extraordinary Minds in gaining the highest levels of Scholars of the Correspondence. Legendary Charismas can flirt with Slowcake's Amanuensis for a small MW boost. The other two don't have anything special AFAIK.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

There aren't many benefits - basically you can help people raise their stats by becoming their Patron (which will cost you a Free Evening and get some Making Waves and the apropriate second chance (if you have less than 16)) and raise the chosen stat via the Unsigned Message card (which will also consume Notability). The last bit helps Extraordinary Minds in gaining the highest levels of Scholars of the Correspondence. Legendary Charismas can flirt with Slowcake's Amanuensis for a small MW boost. The other two don't have anything special AFAIK.
    Thanks! I'll hold off for a while at least then. :)

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

I can't say whether he wants more or not, but I have it on good authority that he has completed the task that made him ask in the first place (that is, he got himself a new walking stick ;) )
    Fair enough. Enjoy your dandy new cane, sir, and do remember that those manservants need their vision.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

This game is mocking me now >< I have now earned 13 Brass Rings via the Seeking Curious option, but I STILL have not gotten my 5th Eyeless Skull. Absolutely ridiculous ><

MUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH AHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA HAH I GOT MY SKULL!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!

Ok, I"m feeling better now :) Huzzah though, I finally get to enter the Cave of Nadir. And boost my Luminous Eye Goggles up :)
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2015-05-21 at 11:06 PM.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

Fair enough. Enjoy your dandy new cane, sir, and do remember that those manservants need their vision.
    yeah, thanks for asking, but i got myself a swanky new walking stick!

Also.. vision are for wuzzes.. if your servants cant see they cant tell who your meeting with, occationally getting the wrong sort of brandy with your tea is worth the price

edit.

By the way, are there any disadvantages by becomming an important person?
    Last edited by lord_khaine; 2015-05-22 at 06:53 PM.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

So I tried this game today...
    And quickly got my nightmares stat to 8.
    is that bad?
    Or at least I think it went to 8. And I seem to have a new hub.
    edit: aye. nightmares stat thingy is 8
    Last edited by Togath; 2015-05-22 at 10:35 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

How did you get Nightmares to 8 in one day? I thought you couldn't get menaces at all until you got to at least 50 in a stat.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    How did you get Nightmares to 8 in one day? I thought you couldn't get menaces at all until you got to at least 50 in a stat.
    You definitely can get menaces. It's just that most actions in the early game do not give menaces on failure.

He probably went and looked into the mirrors.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

Aye. Tried looking in a mirror >_<
    I've gotten it down now, and managed to get a cat~
    Related; what does the scandal stat do? How risky is it?
    Last edited by Togath; 2015-05-23 at 02:36 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ettin in the Playground

It's a menace, like Nightmares. It's probably the least threatening one, though: it's easy to reduce and the area it takes you to isn't that bad.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll still probably work on keeping it not-to-high.
    Also, for the list of people here who play it, I'm Dahlia Dosenhert
    Meow(Steam page)

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Suspicion is the worst menace by far. The others aren't so bad.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

22. - Top - End - #292

Yeah, suspicion and nightmares are bad. If you have a Memory of Light, nightmares aren't too bad (but if you don't have any reoccurring dreams, Nightmares aren't too bad either way). Anyways, welcome to the Neath.

The bad thing about suspicion is it damages your stats a bit, and if you get arrested too many times, some items stop working to reduce suspicion.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rweird View Post
    The bad thing about suspicion is it damages your stats a bit, and if you get arrested too many times, some items stop working to reduce suspicion.
    Being arrested too many times also increases the penalty you face. And the fact that the ablution stops working is made even more problematic by the fact there are very few ways to reduce suspicion (when compared with other menaces).

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

Anyone have any advice on grinding a large quantity of Appaling Secrets or Cryptic Clues in a relatively action-efficient manner? I need 12 uses of Villains for the Clipper.

25. - Top - End - #295

War of Assassins can give it too (34 successes/use), so keep that in mind when comparing it to other sources. I can't say I know of a good place to get either though, try checking different Unfinished Businesses, but those are terribly random.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

War of Assassins can give it too (34 successes/use), so keep that in mind when comparing it to other sources. I can't say I know of a good place to get either though, try checking different Unfinished Businesses, but those are terribly random.
    War gives 2 Use of villains (so, unless I'm completely misremembering things, it would be 17 successes/use).

Appaling secrets don't really have a good grind. As for Cryptic clues, "Stealing ideas from other theatres" in Mahogany and "Arthur's Pond" in the Labirynth of Tigers give 50, "Doing what department heads do" in the University gives 52, trading in Great Game connections in Wolfstack gives 120, "Eavesdropping" from Spite's Unfinished Business gives between 2 and 111.
    Last edited by Divayth Fyr; 2015-05-23 at 02:46 PM.

27. - Top - End - #297

War gives 2 Use of villains (so, unless I'm completely misremembering things, it would be 17 successes/use).

Appaling secrets don't really have a good grind. As for Cryptic clues, "Stealing ideas from other theatres" in Mahogany and "Arthur's Pond" in the Labirynth of Tigers give 50, "Doing what department heads do" in the University gives 52, trading in Great Game connections in Wolfstack gives 120, "Eavesdropping" from Spite's Unfinished Business gives between 2 and 111.
    Shows how long its been since I fought the War of Assassins, it probably would be cheaper overall to do that, unless you can make 1.3 echoes of components per action or higher, however, you can have those things stockpiled. For Journals of Infamy, publishing on Doubt Street gives something like 110 IIRC (but it costs a Whirring Contraption to start). Appalling Secrets don't have a good grind (Wrestling the Bishop in the 4th Coil gives 2 on a success IIRC, but that is hardly efficient).

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

Mm. I was going to get Journals of Infamy from Thefts of a Particular Character, but how does the War of Assassins work?

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Shows how long its been since I fought the War of Assassins, it probably would be cheaper overall to do that
    Certainly seems likely, though I'm not going to do the math ;)

For Journals of Infamy, publishing on Doubt Street gives something like 110 IIRC (but it costs a Whirring Contraption to start)
    And due to that cost it would likely be better to steal them in the Flit (each Theft gives 25).

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Mm. I was going to get Journals of Infamy from Thefts of a Particular Character, but how does the War of Assassins work?
    It is a carousel (like the affair of the box or velocipede squad etc) - you increase the quality in the Forgotten Quarter or the Flit, once it reaches 4, you can gain a cp of Dramatic tension, and the quality resets. With Dramatic tension 2 (which requires doing the loop 3 times) you can get a prize in your quarters (you can choose from 4 options: Collection of curiousities, 2 Uses of villains, 16 Collated Research or 3 Bazaar Permits, choosing the prize is a separate storylet).
    Last edited by Divayth Fyr; 2015-05-23 at 04:04 PM.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

How do I heal wounds?
    I got a bit injured by trying to hunt lizards.
    Meow(Steam page)