New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Fallen London 3 - "The God-Eaters"

Are there any particular items I should bring with me on a voyage of scientific discovery?
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Alright... lets see.. todays lessons.. dont go looking into mirrors when your already having severe nightmares..
    Lizards are strangely tasty.. relics of the fourth city keeps popping up everywhere and the manager is hard to track down...
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

My nightmare just keep piling up. Out of all menace this is the hardest to handle. Suspicion, wound, Scandal can be easily reduced at Lodging or Spite but Nightmare reducing action not only cost but also require someone else willing to getting nightmare themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharkash View Post
    Let us be enlightened by the wisdom of urban dictionary:
    2. opinion
    immunity to being told your wrong

4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Salbazier View Post
    My nightmare just keep piling up. Out of all menace this is the hardest to handle. Suspicion, wound, Scandal can be easily reduced at Lodging or Spite but Nightmare reducing action not only cost but also require someone else willing to getting nightmare themselves.
    I am a ready receiver of nightmares and chess matches if you need sudden insights. I am grinding for either another Overgoat or the the Cider, so really don't have anything interesting to do with my actions, and I hardly ever get menaces normally. This is for anyone, without requiring further asking. Perhaps a list of forum members willing to take nightmares on the OP would be useful.
    Last edited by rweird; 2015-04-25 at 02:17 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by rweird View Post
    I am a ready receiver of nightmares and chess matches if you need sudden insights. I am grinding for either another Overgoat or the the Cider, so really don't have anything interesting to do with my actions, and I hardly ever get menaces normally. This is for anyone, without requiring further asking. Perhaps a list of forum members willing to take nightmares on the OP would be useful.
    That would be very helpful! Many thanks before.

By the way, anyone want a boxed cat? Not sure what this is for.
    Last edited by Salbazier; 2015-04-25 at 03:02 PM.
    2. opinion

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm also open to helping in reducing menaces and things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Salbazier View Post
    By the way, anyone want a boxed cat? Not sure what this is for.
    Sure. When you receive a box from someone and open it, you'll either get some secrets, a cat or a close meeting with an angry spider.
    Last edited by Divayth Fyr; 2015-04-25 at 03:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Ohh! i could certainly both A) use some chess matches.. and B) use a cat :P
    Name in game is Khaine :)

Surprised about the Nightmare thing though.. when i first got it up to 8 it easily went down again on its own though the cards i drew... ?

8. - Top - End - #38

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Ohh! i could certainly both A) use some chess matches.. and B) use a cat :P
    Name in game is Khaine :)

Surprised about the Nightmare thing though.. when i first got it up to 8 it easily went down again on its own though the cards i drew... ?
    Did you have a Goldfish equipped? Nightmare reducing items can stave off insanity.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Did you have a Goldfish equipped? Nightmare reducing items can stave off insanity.
    Yes i did, still did not help when i folishly touched the wrong mirror.. and suddenly spend a little while talking to cats and small lizards, while trying to chase down the management in my spare time.

On a side note, is the quality Stormy eyed especially hard to get? got a lot of choices involving that quality during the nightmares.

10. - Top - End - #40

Chimera

A new day and fine morning. Time to continue hunting the Vake! Down to the Abyssal Depths we go. This would be the first time I'm out from the Fifth city, If I recall, save for those times in the prison and whatever the place you go when you got too many nightmare was called.

edit: Huh, that was short. Thought it going to take longer.
    Last edited by Salbazier; 2015-04-25 at 06:40 PM.
    2. opinion

11. - Top - End - #41

Yes i did, still did not help when i folishly touched the wrong mirror.. and suddenly spend a little while talking to cats and small lizards, while trying to chase down the management in my spare time.

On a side note, is the quality Stormy eyed especially hard to get? got a lot of choices involving that quality during the nightmares.
    You need to get your dream "What the Thunder Said" up to ~20 IIRC, then you get an opportunity card that removes What the Thunder Said and gives you Stormy Eyed, then you can replay the dream with additional options from having Stormy Eyed. If you get Stormy Eyed and What the Thunder Said both high enough… then… well, something else interesting happens (I still haven't gotten that far in my 3 years of playing, although I haven't been pursuing it to strongly).

Eventually you'll get it, but you kind of just need to wait and play dream opportunity cards.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Hm... should I spend my Marks on the safe-conduct to the Iron Republic, or save up further for a Consonant Violin first?
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

13. - Top - End - #43
    Barbarian in the Playground

Could anyone tell me if the Coruscating Soul has any uses or should i just sell it?

thanks to thecrimsonmage for the awesome avatar... you rock, dude.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicAngel View Post
    Could anyone tell me if the Coruscating Soul has any uses or should i just sell it?
    It has no uses at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post
    Hm... should I spend my Marks on the safe-conduct to the Iron Republic, or save up further for a Consonant Violin first?
    If your Ambition is Nemesis (can't remember if you mentioned it), I'd say take the safe-conduct first, and later the Violin. Otherwise, it boils down to whether you want to visit the Republic sooner or later (it is an unique experience).

Of course with the right "Closest to" you can easily grind Marks, so you can get both quite fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

15. - Top - End - #45

I don't know of any uses… yet, but they are very hard to acquire, so I'd recommend saving it unless their is something you desperately want to buy with it.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

You need to get your dream "What the Thunder Said" up to ~20 IIRC, then you get an opportunity card that removes What the Thunder Said and gives you Stormy Eyed, then you can replay the dream with additional options from having Stormy Eyed. If you get Stormy Eyed and What the Thunder Said both high enough… then… well, something else interesting happens (I still haven't gotten that far in my 3 years of playing, although I haven't been pursuing it to strongly).

Eventually you'll get it, but you kind of just need to wait and play dream opportunity cards.
    Alright thanks. I take it that early game prisoners honey is something i get by being persuasive at veilgarden?

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

So.. i ended up mad once more.. how hard is it to track down the manager..?
    how high does the quality need to go before anything happens, and is it something i should wait with until i get my skills at a decent level?

18. - Top - End - #48

I don't know, it is all opportunity based, although I think it only is a few cards if you get them (~2 or 3 IIRC). The cards are rare-ish IIRC. I don't think it is very stat-based.

Yes, you can get Prisoner's Honey in Veilgarden.
    Last edited by rweird; 2015-04-27 at 05:00 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Allright thanks a lot.

I meanwhile managed to get a couple of the right cards in the right order. Seems you need to get it up to 5 before anything happens.
    And kinda surprised it had options for an ambition among it.

20. - Top - End - #50

Allright thanks a lot.

I meanwhile managed to get a couple of the right cards in the right order. Seems you need to get it up to 5 before anything happens.
    And kinda surprised it had options for an ambition among it.
    All the ambitions (besides Enigma, perhaps) have you die, get incarcerated, get banished, or go insane eventually (if not multiple). Kind of inevitable in the Neath.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Hah.. Enigma does sound pretty funny.. though its not like i have not already gone insane twice already.. sanity is a thin tread when you poke at hellish graffiti every time you comes by it..

22. - Top - End - #52
    Colossus in the Playground

Oh, but the grafiti is great. As a scholar, I can say that study of the Correspondance is very rewarding.

I still don't know what Enigma is or how one can get or find it. I just wish they'd update the Marvellous, it was just getting interesting and now I keep forgetting details of what I did.

Except the Opera. Oh man, the Opera.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

23. - Top - End - #53
    Barbarian in the Playground

Would anyone mind sending me a few hints about engima? i think i've gotten almost far enough, but i jsut can't seem to put my finger on where to go next.

thanks to thecrimsonmage for the awesome avatar... you rock, dude.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Oh, but the grafiti is great. As a scholar, I can say that study of the Correspondance is very rewarding.
    I don't think looking at that specific graffiti increases your Scholar rating at all though.
    My Steam profile

25. - Top - End - #55

Would anyone mind sending me a few hints about engima? i think i've gotten almost far enough, but i jsut can't seem to put my finger on where to go next.
    I can't, if you've gotten anywhere with it, that's better than me. I don't know if anyone here has it.

26. - Top - End - #56

Quote Originally Posted by rweird View Post
    I can't, if you've gotten anywhere with it, that's better than me. I don't know if anyone here has it.
    I definitely have not. Couldn't find anything about it (except for that one thing in a rather prominent place, but I had no idea what to make of it ...)

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Sooo, I have a question for the vets here. If I posted a list of everything in my inventory & what my various stats are, could you all tell me what the hell I was doing before I stopped playing over a year ago? The last thing I really remember was being out on the ocean island hopping(that was the limit of the content at that point in time). That and doing some very, very excessive grinding for SOMETHING, I just don't remember what.

I loaded the game up the other day and I was just entirely lost, I didn't click anything because I didn't remember anything at all.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    That and doing some very, very excessive grinding for SOMETHING, I just don't remember what.
    ...Overgoat? Ubergoat?
    My Steam profile

29. - Top - End - #59

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Sooo, I have a question for the vets here. If I posted a list of everything in my inventory & what my various stats are, could you all tell me what the hell I was doing before I stopped playing over a year ago? The last thing I really remember was being out on the ocean island hopping(that was the limit of the content at that point in time). That and doing some very, very excessive grinding for SOMETHING, I just don't remember what.

I loaded the game up the other day and I was just entirely lost, I didn't click anything because I didn't remember anything at all.
    We could give it our best shot. Welcome back to the Neath.

Also, listing if spent fate/nex on anything would probably help.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok, so here we go!

My Stats are: Watchful 137 Shadowy: 130+6 Dangerous 130+31 Persuasive 130+7 Stats that I'm fairly certain don't matter except that it'll land me in prison, or dead or whatever: Scandal 3 Suspicion 6 Nightmares 4 -3 Unaccountably Peckish 1 Plagued by a popular song 3 Dreaded 0+6 Bizarre 0+1

Uhh, wow, I have a lot of items. Is there a way to just link to a list of all my stuff? If not, what kind of stuff would be important to list to help figure out what in the world I was doing. I apparently got my zubmarine, even though I don't remember finishing it....

As far as Overgoat/Ubergoat(ubergoat?!) Hell no, LOL. That was just a farfetched dream at the time I was playing, I'm pretty sure NOONE had one yet at the time I stopped playing. No, I was grinding I think for a better ship maybe? Or something....

Oh, I have 5 fate? and 86 Echoes(is that what the currency's called? I'm pretty sure it is...)
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2015-04-28 at 08:29 PM.