New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Fallen London 3 - "The God-Eaters"

I just let them accumulate and ignored them. Once I had enough skulls I traded them for a a cinder and then they went away.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

2. - Top - End - #242
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Plerumque View Post
    To deal with those cards I let them accumulate until I had three and then went pickpocketing or let one of my menaces reach 8. I don't know if that's actually an efficient way to deal with them, though.
    One can go to her, too.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

I have a Bifurcated Owl! What should I call it? I think it needs an ominous sounding name.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    I have a Bifurcated Owl! What should I call it? I think it needs an ominous sounding name.
    How did you get that? Is it one of those paths where you have to choose a specific pet like my bloodhound?

Another question for everyone: How do you become a great PoSI? Or are those other tiers not available as of yet?

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    How did you get that? Is it one of those paths where you have to choose a specific pet like my bloodhound?
    You need to get all five animals from breeding the Wings-Of-Thunder Bat in the Labyrinth of Tigers and finish a Voyage of Scientific Expedition with 500 extra Cryptopaleontalogical Notes.

Another question for everyone: How do you become a great PoSI? Or are those other tiers not available as of yet?
    You need a base stat of 200 in any one ability, and a few other things. Look at the Unfinished Business in [area] storylets for details.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #246
    Firbolg in the Playground

You need to get all five animals from breeding the Wings-Of-Thunder Bat in the Labyrinth of Tigers and finish a Voyage of Scientific Expedition with 500 extra Cryptopaleontalogical Notes.
    This requires spending fate on the Theological Animal Husbandry thing (you need the Formula for Empyrean Redolence). You also need to unlock Flute Street to get the Ocular Toadbeast.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

I'm working on unlocking Flute Street now. I think I've got the other main animals for the owl, but the bloody Glim Sculptor cards don't like being drawn.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

Alrighty, new question time! How do I get rid of my occupation? For whatever reason(well, mostly because I didn't know any better) I chose one of the "base" jobs, an enquirer or whatever. I don't want that anymore, I want to become a Watcher(it's alignment is with the constables). I have everything I need except the "don't already have a job" bit, and/or "closest to".

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

Alrighty, new question time! How do I get rid of my occupation? For whatever reason(well, mostly because I didn't know any better) I chose one of the "base" jobs, an enquirer or whatever. I don't want that anymore, I want to become a Watcher(it's alignment is with the constables). I have everything I need except the "don't already have a job" bit, and/or "closest to".
    Go to your lodgings, there's an option called 'Write a Letter' or something like that. That will let you quit your job.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

Go to your lodgings, there's an option called 'Write a Letter' or something like that. That will let you quit your job.
    Sometimes I believe I must be totally blind, I went to my lodgings and looked around and I somehow totally skipped over the writing letters bit also being a way to get rid of my job. I just saw it say something about writing letters to others and said "Nope, not what I need". LOL.

Now I just need to waste some actions on the velocipede squad so I can get my constables connection up to 25(it's at 23) so I can become a Watcher :)

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Now I just need to waste some actions on the velocipede squad so I can get my constables connection up to 25(it's at 23) so I can become a Watcher :)
    A faster way to gain the connection would be selling information in the Flit - gives 30 change points instead of 1, so even if you factor in the actions needed to gain Casing. Of course the velocipede squad gives a better reward in the end, so there is that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

Where is the hinge on a Bifurcated Owl? Near the spine?

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

I'm working on unlocking Flute Street now. I think I've got the other main animals for the owl, but the bloody Glim Sculptor cards don't like being drawn.
    Oh.. so it is actually worth it giving that bloody sculptor those loads of glim?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

different glim sculptor, I think. The one I'm talking of is part of the Solving Cases Around London thing. The other one I did ages ago, and as for whether or not it's worth it? The reward is a unique item, so I consider that valuable.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

15. - Top - End - #255
    Barbarian in the Playground

I got into the Nadir! this place is... interesting, to say the least. Anything i should know?

thanks to thecrimsonmage for the awesome avatar... you rock, dude.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't let Irrigo get to 11 (only possible if you have 9 and do a 2 Irrigo action), unless it is for something very valuable. You can upgrade various items in there (though if you don't already have them, you'll need to return there later). Converting 25 Diaries of the Dead into a certain item via one of the cards will remove said card from the Nadir's deck. There may be other things, but I seem to have forgotten them ;)

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicAngel View Post
    I got into the Nadir! this place is... interesting, to say the least. Anything i should know?
    Hopefully I'll get to join you soon, I've had 4 eyeless skulls for 3 days now, this 5th one though is just being a complete nuisance ><

18. - Top - End - #258

I actually gave in and just got my 400 echoes. considering the amount of time and actions i used in the forgotten quarter searching for the darn things, i've had more then my share of stuff to sell

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

different glim sculptor, I think. The one I'm talking of is part of the Solving Cases Around London thing. The other one I did ages ago, and as for whether or not it's worth it? The reward is a unique item, so I consider that valuable.
    Oh yes, just drew the card.

Are there any less painful ways of getting saphires besides throwing lizards?

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

You can steal them in the Pickpocket's Promenade, I believe.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    If you go on a heist and happen to draw the "Tiny rivals" card, you can get 15 of those. "Out you go, longshanks" from the Urchin card will give 1, the same holds true for choosing Thursday in Mahogany Hall's "The weekly variety bill!". You may also want to try and draw cards in your lodgings - a rare one ("A commotion above!" can give you 5, along with some rubies and diamonds).

Had you posted a bit sooner, I could have sent you some - unfortunately I used the "Give a gift" card for something else...

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicAngel View Post
    I actually gave in and just got my 400 echoes. considering the amount of time and actions i used in the forgotten quarter searching for the darn things, i've had more then my share of stuff to sell
    At this point I have enough stuff that I could sell and make those 400 echoes and do it that way, but it's a matter of stubbornness at this point, I have 4, I WILL get that 5th and final one.

It's kinda sad, I've actually gotten FIVE brass rings at this point, and I'm pretty sure the Hells Courier option it comes from is much rarer to be seen then the "Wander the Quarter" or "See the sights"(which might I add, is not listed on the wiki as being one that can drop an eyeless skull, but it does, I've gotten 2 of them from it).
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2015-05-19 at 08:30 PM.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh yes, just drew the card.

Zailing if you have a luxury yacht gives an opportunity card that rewards sapphires.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ettin in the Playground

Well my alternate account proved extremely useful for me tonight. I'm at a stage 5 laudnam addiction and my nightmares were one step away from hitting 8, and since I didn't want to lose any of my dream qualities, I unburdened myself to my alt account. 5 uses took me all the way down to 3 in Nightmares which is really flipping nice. Of course it took my alt account into insanity, which sucks, but it'll get back out and it had no dream qualities yet anyways, so no big loss.

Now if I could just get that last damnable skull!!! First 4 came so quickly(4 in 2 1/2 days), but I've gone 2 1/2 days now with no more skulls.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, thanks for the replies, i guess without being a person of importance, and having a rather low shadowy, then lizard throwing is actually the best way of getting those saphires.

Well my alternate account proved extremely useful for me tonight. I'm at a stage 5 laudnam addiction and my nightmares were one step away from hitting 8, and since I didn't want to lose any of my dream qualities, I unburdened myself to my alt account. 5 uses took me all the way down to 3 in Nightmares which is really flipping nice. Of course it took my alt account into insanity, which sucks, but it'll get back out and it had no dream qualities yet anyways, so no big loss.
    Sounds like either this or spending fate is nececary if you want to preserve your dreams after becomming important?

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Sounds like either this or spending fate is nececary if you want to preserve your dreams after becomming important?
    Not really. While having an alt is more effective, you can cure yourself from nightmares at the Carnival (drinking the wine - if you fail, you'll get some scandal instead). I've been doing that for quite some time. Other options are spending time in bed (if you have wounds 2+) and Gawping at the Somnolent Hyaena in the Labirynth of Tigers (exchanges nightmares for wounds while giving almost an Echo in Mysteries items, which can be sold to buy a tincture of vigor to cure the wounds).

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Oh yeah, thanks a lot, missed this option, its certainly a lot easier then spending a fortune on drugs to help you sleep, and scandal seems a lot easier to manage.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

I went to Hunter's Keep, had to zail but it's a good echo grind (not Affair of the Box but still good) and can cleanse you of Nightmares and Wounds as a side-effect.

That and the Mirror Marshes don't hurt your dreams as much, and I've never had much trouble with Nightmares except when I specifically sought them out (mine tend to hover around 1-2 now).
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, Mirror Marches specifically don't reduce dreams except for 'Is Someone Coming', IIRC.

30. - Top - End - #270

well, I have sold the location of the Nadir to the spymaster. hope I didn't make a horrible horrible mistake