New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Default Integrating the Scarlet Sentinels into CotCT [Possible Spoilers]

Desril, Mornings, and Keledrath, stuff it and go away, you thundering cheatsy doodles.

Right, so a player of mine has so decided to have their character be a Scarlet Sentinel in a particularly powerful playthrough of CotCT. Now, I've only gone through the first pdf and half of the second, and intend to read through the rest imminently, so I'll probably be yelled at for "IT'S SO OBVIOUS THEY'RE THE PERFECT FIT FOR *some 5th book group." Now, my issue is that I want them to start popping up not very long after Gaedren a.) bites the dust, or b.) as my player wants, gets captured and is forced to confess his sins and guilt to the Scarlet Sentinels..

Any help integrating them?
    Who's that girl?
    It's empy!
    (Yeah call me empy, and also I am not actually female)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Integrating the Scarlet Sentinels into CotCT [Possible Spoilers]

Curse of the Crimson Throne?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Whoops, yeah, should have specified that.
    Also, the Scarlet Sentinels as in the Martial Tradition from Path of War.
    Who's that girl?
    It's empy!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oh man, how did I miss this thread. Um. Tell me more about the module in question and I can probably help you out, given the whole, y'know, "wrote the Scarlets in the first place" thing.

I also might wanna know the role you want them to play in the campaign and how large a membership they command for your world.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Essentially, Curse of the Crimson Throne is basically tries to go about mixing political intrigue into the generally combat filled fantasy adventures. I can't really describe it well, but the whole thing starts out with the city of Korvosa crumbling, and the king slowly dying of leprosy. There's this whole thing in which that the Queen, someone a third of the king's age, came from Cheliax and essentially turned into Secret Disco Dancing Nazi upon coming into contact with an artifact underneath the castle. She then (big surprise) poisoned her husband to become the Queen, taking help from the famous Red Mantis Assassins.

Very, VERY shortly into the campaign, the city descends into chaos when the king dies and the queen ascends, and the party has to go to the Queen to return her brooch (which they got from Gaedren Lamm, a fellow everyone in the party has to have hated. The SS member in our party was suspected for murder of her husband, which was actually committed by Gaedren, which is why she hunts for him. To clear her name and all that)

So, the party starts working with the city's Korvosan Guard, which needs more external helpers, since they're spread thin. I was thinking that the SS (Jesus, it's seems weird to shorten their name, and get that) would be a mercenary group from long ago that integrated into the Guard as an extremely elite paramilitary service, mainly meant for "crap hits the fan" situations and protecting higher officials (like your fluff says). Maybe I should make the leader of the Guard also the leader of the SS? I dunno, I want to try and help out my player...
    Who's that girl?
    It's empy!