New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Sorcery 101: finished? (Potential Spoilers)

I just read the last chapter of Sorcery 101 posted to the web. Had stopped reading for a year or so, then caught up. Does anyone here know if the comic is considered complete?

It had 'The End' on the last page, which other chapter-ends didn't... but, dang. Sad if that's the real ending, both as how it ended and that the comic's over.

I put Potential Spoilers in the header in case anyone wants to discuss the ending.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2017-06-14 at 02:28 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Sorcery 101: finished? (Potential Spoilers)

I don't have any news of the activities of the author, but The End appeared several months ago, and it hasn't updated since, sadly.
    Last edited by halfeye; 2017-06-14 at 03:50 PM.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

A simple google search, first link, says that yes it's over.

And that’s all! Thank you for reading. Sorcery 101 is done after working on it for 11 years.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Wow. Just wow.

Um, some thoughts on the ending, which I'll spoiler since obviously the end is a spoiler. I guess spoiler tags aren't really needed, though.
    Spoiler
    Show

That's really depressing. Since I'm a father, the idea that he won't be able to see his kid again is just heart-breaking.

I also thought the ending didn't mesh well with the half-drama/half-comedic interplay we generally have going. Yeah, a lot of bad stuff and depressing stuff happens, but the werewolves always had a slightly comic feel to me, Seth was amusing (if an a-hole who ruined lives), and Danny's comments were usually funny. An ending like this seems to clash. Great for a chapter ending, but a bad feel for the book ending.

I do admit that killing Brad off the same time the book ends makes sense. As in, bad to kill Brad before the book ends, as that just changes the feel a lot. I did think the death came with little build-up. And, again, as a dad, seeing his little girl sad at the funeral tugged my heartstrings.

To the author's credit, I guess there weren't any big loose ends left. I would've liked more about that shadow creature that freed Danny. I did like that there was something about Danny being an illegal blood bond, but it seemed to wrap up too quickly.