New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Puzzle and Dragons XIII: Wake Like An Egyptian

Welcome to the Playground's Eleventth(!) TWELFTH(!!) thirteenth iteration thread for the popular mobile app game, Puzzle & Dragons!
    (Previous thread is here.)

Here we gather to discuss, praise, complain about, and generally just natter on for this fun and addictive app game.

The first step is to point all new players to one of the beginners' guides.

We also have a linked guide to using row enhancement awoken skills!

What is Puzzle & Dragons?

A Free-to-Play match-three game with surprising depth! The puzzle occupies the lower half of the screen, and the combinations you form power your team on the upper half of the screen in battle. Part pokemon, part bejeweled, part M:tG, all crack, this game is easy to learn, difficult to master and very well put together. Unlike many games of this kind, it defies genre by going for both depth and complexity while maintaining ease of pick up.

What, seriously?

Yup! While at it's surface, the game is basically any other puzzle game ever, the math behind damage output, the dungeon design, the team composition component and metagame, and the uniquely free-wheeling capacity of the puzzle make Puzzle and Dragons a stand-out despite it's terrible app graphic. It has surprisingly deep and fulfilling long-term play (at the moment, I've been playing for over 600 days), and new content comes out regularly.

So what do I need to know to get started?

• First, the game itself! PAD, P&D or puzzle and dragons should all be sufficient searches to download it. It operates on Android and iOS devices, with mixed results on running it elsewhere.
    • Second, the beginner's guides will help a lot. You start out with one fast freebie pull on the game's real lure, the Rare Egg Machine, and a good pull here can save you a lot of frustration and also make the game much more fun. It's suggested that after you run the game a bit and get comfortable playing it, you "reroll" by uninstalling and reinstalling the application. Then you run through the tutorial again and do the free pull again, repeating until you snag a keeper. This is not half as bad as it sounds; it's pretty brainless, and goes by pretty quickly. If you can time your re-rolling to line up with a biweekly Godfest, you can save yourself even more frustration!
    • Third, friends. Good friends with compatible Leader skills are critical. When you enter a dungeon, you can bring a friend's leader with you as a member of your team; their leader skill operates alongside your own. We have a lot of great, experienced players here, with a lot of solid leaders. We can carry you when your own leader can't. Managing your leader and picking the right friend's leader is a critical part of the metagame. The GitP list is at the bottom of this thread; feel free to send any of us requests. If you have something like "@GitP" in your username, we'll know you're from this forum, and will accept your friend requests more readily!
    • Fourth, be stingy with stones! Magic stones are the in-app-purchase (IAP) resource, and while you get them for free pretty quickly early on, and even more on a regular basis, you'll regret being too free with their use early on. The four rules of magic stones are (1) Never pull the gold dragon Rare Egg Machine outside of a godfest; (2) You should have two monster boxes for every rank you have, and spending stones to Increase Capacity is almost never a bad idea; (3) It's generally not worth a stone to continue in a dungeon or refill your stamina until you have at least 100 stamina, and (4) No, really, don't pull the REM outside of a godfest, seriously.

As a closing note, Puzzle & Dragons is an immensely popular game, and there are a ton of fan-run sites for information. Most of them stay fairly up-to-date, so just go with what you prefer.
    • The PAD Wiki is volunteer-run, and can get out-of-date, but I think it has the friendliest format for finding information. It also has a ton of great guides and advice.
    • PuzzleDragonX is generally the best-updated site out there, with the most current news and most complete data. It's the community's go-to resource for data, but doesn't have much in the way of advice.
    • PADHerder is a tool to track and manage your monster box, with some neat automated ways to update. It also has some good information pages.
    • PADGuide (Android / iPhone) is an awesome app which keeps very current with all data and can even alert you to Urgent! dungeons. (HIGHLY recommended; I can't live without it.)
    • The Puzzle and Dragons Forum is dedicated to PAD and has some pretty good (and some very old) guides.
    • The PAD Global Facebook group is for talking about PAD stuff on ... well, Facebook. It's a solid way to get more compatible friends, too, but it's not always nice to newbies.

If you want to be updated/added, post your leads (up to two each) that you use for descends and for farming. A PadHerder can be included as well.

Spoiler: Puzzle and Dragons GitP Friend List!
    Show
    User In-Game ID Descended! Leads Farming Leads
    Obryn dwarfSA@PG
    Diego Havoc Diego@GitP
    Starwulf Starwulf
    SiuiS SiuiS@GitP
    Jasmine Jasmine
    Academia Aca@GitP
    Aramul Aram@GitP
    Leviticus Levi@GitP
    Erloas ErloasGitP

LoraesGitP
    Kauai Kauai@gitp
    Tyckspoon Tyck@GitP
    Blade7 Blade@GitP
    Klaatu B. Nikto KBN@GitP
    137ben Snes4@GitP
    Otravyat Otra@GitP
    Fax Celestis Fax@GitP
    Soepvork Soepv@GitP
    Sallera Sallera

Kiminosei

Quietus Quietus

Baka Nikujaga Baka
    Flare'90 Flare@Gitp
    Anarion Anar@gitp
    firedaemon33 Firedaemon
    Meta iNuzzle@/r
    Fleeing Coward FC@GitP

Credits to everyone who's ever contributed to the OP.
    Last edited by Fax Celestis; 2015-08-03 at 03:18 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Puzzle and Dragons XIII: Wake Like An Egyptian

Wow... I mean, we're no Ponythread, but if this keeps up, things are going to get hectic.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm curious how the cao cao skill ups in the previous thread was quoted to me....

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Otravyat View Post
    I'm curious how the cao cao skill ups in the previous thread was quoted to me....
    I was going to reply to something else I think and then deleted and cut off the wrong start quote.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

New thread, updated friend list entry.

Spoiler
    Show
    [tr]
    [td][URL="https://www.padherder.com/user/Sallera/monsters/"]Sallera[/URL][/td]
    [td]Sallera

[URL="https://www.padherder.com/user/Kiminosei/monsters/"]Kiminosei[/URL]
    373,137,360[/td]
    [td][URL="http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/1747"][IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/xc3aev.png[/IMG][/URL]
    [URL="http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/2012"][IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/osh6b4.png[/IMG][/URL][/td]
    [td][URL="http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/1956"][IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/2uprazt.png[/IMG][/URL]
    [URL="http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Divine_Wardens%2C_Umisachi%26Yamasachi"][IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/2dh7fp4.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/td]
    [/tr]

Well, between two stones and a rank up, I managed to get a Sparkles skill up. Hope it's enough to let me clear C9. Next Friday should be better, if less efficient, since I ought to have 10-12 stones to burn from 300 day bonus and stuff.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Awesome thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I don't understand why this is so painful. I fed him 16 Firons and got 2 skill-ups with the 2.5x chance running. The 40 stam is better than the 50 at least though, so there's no risk involved at all.
    Man, I feel kinda bad. I've fed 5 and gotten 3 skill-ups so far.

e: Plz update my main lead to Awoken Ra. You can list A.Bastet, A.Horus, Athena, Beelz, and A.Shiva (when we get it)!
    Last edited by obryn; 2015-07-17 at 06:14 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by Sallera View Post
    New thread, updated friend list entry.

Spoiler
    Show
    [tr]
    [td][URL="https://www.padherder.com/user/Sallera/monsters/"]Sallera[/URL][/td]
    [td]Sallera

[URL="https://www.padherder.com/user/Kiminosei/monsters/"]Kiminosei[/URL]
    373,137,360[/td]
    [td][URL="http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/1747"][IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/xc3aev.png[/IMG][/URL]
    [URL="http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/2012"][IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/osh6b4.png[/IMG][/URL][/td]
    [td][URL="http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/1956"][IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/2uprazt.png[/IMG][/URL]
    [URL="http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Divine_Wardens%2C_Umisachi%26Yamasachi"][IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/2dh7fp4.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/td]
    [/tr]

Well, between two stones and a rank up, I managed to get a Sparkles skill up. Hope it's enough to let me clear C9. Next Friday should be better, if less efficient, since I ought to have 10-12 stones to burn from 300 day bonus and stuff.
    By the way, congratulations on downing that rush! That account has been blowing through stuff recently with Sparkles. Really making me feel like I should actually level mine... Or my Horus for AHorus. I just don't want to "abandon" my U&Y....

8. - Top - End - #8

Might as well add me to the list now.

FC@GitP ID: 379,570,319
    Currently using Verdandi for most content but I have ABastet leading Team 1 that I've been feeding whatever plus eggs I get.

Also, right after that complaint about 0 skill ups in a ridiculous number of feeds, I literally got the last 3 skill ups in 3 feeds. The conspiracy theorist in me says that the "data download" for a few files was totally a hotfix for the problem
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2015-07-17 at 10:02 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    Credits to everyone who's ever contributed to the OP.
    Probably the best way to do that! I imagine that list would get long, eventually.

On the friend list : Would it be worthwhile to sort it by slots 1/2/3? Like, "This monster is always available to friends", "This monster is always available to best friends", and "This monster is the one I use most often"? Regardless, if we could change the Blonia on mine to Ult Goemon, that'd be great. I finally finished hypermaxing my Gronia, and now I've basically officially retired her.
    Pokemon friend code : 3067-5701-8746

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

Padherders for my phone and my tablet!

10. - Top - End - #10

Anyone have a workable team from my PadHerder for C8?

EDIT: Mostly deleted. Sorry. Ranting and upset for other reasons so being annoying.

EDIT 2: in a similar vein, any suggestions for my best AHorus teams? I'm looking at red valk, AHades, LKali, Yomi. Isn't as color focused as I would like but I don't have many red TPA cards or other colors with the orb changers Id want. ANeptune, AHades, LKali, DMeta could also be nice with neptunes boost hitting everything except Kali. I have been thinking today that it is about time to really focus on a new team for progression that might be able to beat more challenges or rushes.

Edit 3: could also run Hathor to be a bit unusual. Less damage but that absurd health/rcv is nice. I've seen her clear extreme endless corridors and such.
    Last edited by Otravyat; 2015-07-18 at 02:00 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

By the way, congratulations on downing that rush! That account has been blowing through stuff recently with Sparkles. Really making me feel like I should actually level mine... Or my Horus for AHorus. I just don't want to "abandon" my U&Y....
    Heh, thanks. Part of it is just the sub selection I have on the phone account from back when I IAP'd; Indra/Muse/Yomi is a pretty exceptional core for the high end stuff. I had the exact same reaction to Sparkles on the tablet though; wasn't giving up my U&Y. Only thing that finally got me to do so was ARa.

Edit 3: could also run Hathor to be a bit unusual. Less damage but that absurd health/rcv is nice. I've seen her clear extreme endless corridors and such.
    I don't know what kind of numbers you get out of her, but have you had any luck with DMeta? Something like Angelit heartmake into Persephone, short-CD orb change on Uriel, recharge on Gabriel by letting him heal? I suggest this mostly because every time I've cleared a C8, it's been thanks to unbindable leads.

I know nothing about AHorus, but you know I'm a fan of Hathor. I'd love to see what you could accomplish with her.

Edit: C9 clear on the tablet. ARa is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Sallera; 2015-07-18 at 05:54 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

EDIT: Mostly deleted. Sorry. Ranting and upset for other reasons so being annoying.

EDIT 2: in a similar vein, any suggestions for my best AHorus teams? I'm looking at red valk, AHades, LKali, Yomi. Isn't as color focused as I would like but I don't have many red TPA cards or other colors with the orb changers Id want. ANeptune, AHades, LKali, DMeta could also be nice with neptunes boost hitting everything except Kali. I have been thinking today that it is about time to really focus on a new team for progression that might be able to beat more challenges or rushes.

Hathor could be a really good option. Bring LKali, Yomi, and Valk to hit your colors, and that forms a very nice core with three time extends, a few TPA, and a nice collection of actives. If you have chibi Valk, that's even better. You'll probably want something Light with lots of HP - Machine Golem comes to mind, even if he doesn't have much going for him offensively. 20% DR never hurts, and once he gets his ult he's carrying 5k HP; that's over 9k once Hathor has her way with him. Athena is good for offensive purposes, getting that Light enhance in there with decent HP. Metatron as a flex sub for bind removal, of course. Fuma has very nice HP and a handy active. Sakuya, particularly after her ult, if you really want more gravity. Izanagi, if we ever get a Hathor ult that gives her God type. Actually, Athena to hit the Green sub and Fuma for the HP..

Hathor//Kali/Yomi/Athena/Fuma//Hathor would carry 18263 raw HP, with 2003 RCV. Hathor would turn that into 33284 HP and 3385 RCV... probably want to pick up more RCV subs, but wow. That's a lot of leeway. And if you plussed this team it would get much stronger, very quickly.

::Edit:: Actually, maybe swap Athena back to Valk there. You drop to 17,553 HP and go up to 2659 RCV. That's 31,990 HP and 4,846 RCV post-Hathor. Much better balance. Other swap options if you ever get a second LKali would be trade Fuma for her, you end up with similar numbers. But that's more wish list than actually possible right now.
    Last edited by Quietus; 2015-07-18 at 09:17 AM.

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Productive morning so far. I now am the proud owner of a max skilled DIzanami and a max skilled Cao Cao.

Come on, diza uvo.....

14. - Top - End - #14

I had the exact same reaction to Sparkles on the tablet though; wasn't giving up my U&Y. Only thing that finally got me to do so was ARa.

I don't know what kind of numbers you get out of her, but have you had any luck with DMeta? Something like Angelit heartmake into Persephone, short-CD orb change on Uriel, recharge on Gabriel by letting him heal? I suggest this mostly because every time I've cleared a C8, it's been thanks to unbindable leads.
    DMeta hasn't been any better. I have to take a hit from the twins to get into range, and at that point the various preemptives, etc. will basically kill me. And I don't have a 5 turn changer. Just Persephone Haku and Pandora. And I have to bring Ceres to deal with Lucifer's dark bind. I run out of actives halfway through (F*ing michael)

I know nothing about AHorus, but you know I'm a fan of Hathor. I'd love to see what you could accomplish with her.
    I think this is what I'm leaning towards. I can always throw red exp to Horus regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Quietus View Post
    Hathor could be a really good option. Bring LKali, Yomi, and Valk to hit your colors, and that forms a very nice core with three time extends, a few TPA, and a nice collection of actives. If you have chibi Valk, that's even better. You'll probably want something Light with lots of HP - Machine Golem comes to mind, even if he doesn't have much going for him offensively. 20% DR never hurts, and once he gets his ult he's carrying 5k HP; that's over 9k once Hathor has her way with him. Athena is good for offensive purposes, getting that Light enhance in there with decent HP. Metatron as a flex sub for bind removal, of course. Fuma has very nice HP and a handy active. Sakuya, particularly after her ult, if you really want more gravity. Izanagi, if we ever get a Hathor ult that gives her God type. Actually, Athena to hit the Green sub and Fuma for the HP..

Hathor//Kali/Yomi/Athena/Fuma//Hathor would carry 18263 raw HP, with 2003 RCV. Hathor would turn that into 33284 HP and 3385 RCV... probably want to pick up more RCV subs, but wow. That's a lot of leeway. And if you plussed this team it would get much stronger, very quickly.

::Edit:: Actually, maybe swap Athena back to Valk there. You drop to 17,553 HP and go up to 2659 RCV. That's 31,990 HP and 4,846 RCV post-Hathor. Much better balance. Other swap options if you ever get a second LKali would be trade Fuma for her, you end up with similar numbers. But that's more wish list than actually possible right now.
    I do like the core of Hathor// LKali / LValk / Yomi / Flex. With flex being LMeta, Izanagi (Hathor currently only has god type), Kirin, Athena, LZL, etc.) Assuming I put that flex as Kirin, I end up with 33k HP and 6k RCV, with 8k light attack. Burst being 3x gravities, LValk, and CTW. There are a lot of potential options.

My only concern is the number of plus eggs Id need to really excel, and the rather mediocre awakenings on a lot of those subs. The damage wouldnt be anything like what I'm used to, but the massive HP/RCV should make up for that. As I said I can also simultaneously work on an AHorus team for those times when I don't need survivability and just need to burst. Or U&Y could get a split UVO. Durga, Kirin, and Kali have all gotten their leader skills improved a bit via uvos.

EDIT: Attackeratsu is another good flex option for the bind clearing.But I've been skilling up Ceres instead.
    Last edited by Otravyat; 2015-07-18 at 11:53 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

C9 clear on the tablet. ARa is ridiculous.
    And here I was all proud of myself and about to post that I just used ARa to 0-stone C8. lol Congrats! I guess for me, C8 is a big deal as it's a major departure from Ronia. I used Obryn's build of ARa bookends with 2x DKali/Kushi/LMeta. Sadly my ARa is still base skill, but Kushi is one away from max and everyone else is max skilled. It's so weird seeing everyone but my ARa up on turn 1 (that happens with my Rodin cheese team but not with "real" builds of mine). I failed the first few tries due to poor orb and skill management (and I refused to stone to continue), and finally started using skills a bit more liberally and got the clear.

Oh and about that Rodin cheese team, I was browsing other PAD sites and stumbled on another ridiculous use for a variant of that team. It's a speed-clear team of Friday Mythical of all things. It's uvo Goemon lead with Rodin friend, and 3x Rodin/AHorus subs. All max awoken and all max skilled except for AHorus (not necessary due to low CD on his base skill). So everybody is up on turn 1. Rodin actives on floors 1-3, and on final floor it's Goemon>Horus>swipe for OHKO. Insane. Gonna speed-farm that dungeon now for dubmyths to try and finally max skill FA Luci. Wish I stumbled on that build yesterday to take advantage of the current 2.5x skillup.

Anyway, back to ARa. I'm starting to enjoy the playstyle a bit. Not nearly as fast as Ronia due to more thinking and planning involved, but it's still fun. I definitely need to get more efficient with my moves when doing the combos. As it currently stands I use almost all of the allotted time for each turn, and I don't like needing to rely on those time extend awakenings. I'm sure I'll improve with time. At least I'm finally weening off of Ronia! lol It does sadden me that all of my hypered cards are for her teams tho. I don't want to feed those away, so it's back to the drawing board for plus egging. I'm at +240 on Panda but I think that instead of finishing hypering her I'm going to start plusing either ARa or the Shiva I plan to use for AShiva. Any opinions on which one I should focus on first?

EDIT: I think I might have just asked that question a couple of posts ago. If Jasmine were here she'd scold me. lol I need to go back and reread. I know Obryn posted that link to the AShiva team building guide, which I need to browse through thoroughly again. Still unsure of who to plus first tho.
    Last edited by Kauai; 2015-07-18 at 01:24 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by obryn View Post
    Awesome thread title.

Man, I feel kinda bad. I've fed 5 and gotten 3 skill-ups so far.

e: Plz update my main lead to Awoken Ra. You can list A.Bastet, A.Horus, Athena, Beelz, and A.Shiva (when we get it)!
    Productive morning so far. I now am the proud owner of a max skilled DIzanami and a max skilled Cao Cao.

Come on, diza uvo.....
    8 more Firons for me today. Cao Cao is now skill level 4. That puts me at 3/24, all fed during 2.5x events. Which I guess isn't wildly out of whack, but frustrating. Given the fact that this 2.5x only lasts for another day, I'm tempted to buy another round of the coin dungeon and stone the hell out of it for the next hour.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2015-07-18 at 01:40 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Finished Challenge Dungeon 2, pulled a Keeper of Light, a red Pengdra I need to evolve and max out and feed to SSB Sai to max him out.

And a Padherder, too.
    Last edited by Jurai; 2015-07-18 at 03:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

18. - Top - End - #18

Did end up taking out C8 this morning, with a lineup of Izanagi, LMeta, DMeta, and U&Y subs. LMeta got me past gabriel. Izanagi took out michael. And DMeta was bind bait for Lucifer.

Also got my Cao Cao max skilled. I used a flampy for the last skill up since I didn't have much else.
    Last edited by Otravyat; 2015-07-18 at 04:13 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kauai View Post
    Oh and about that Rodin cheese team, I was browsing other PAD sites and stumbled on another ridiculous use for a variant of that team. It's a speed-clear team of Friday Mythical of all things. It's uvo Goemon lead with Rodin friend, and 3x Rodin/AHorus subs. All max awoken and all max skilled except for AHorus (not necessary due to low CD on his base skill). So everybody is up on turn 1. Rodin actives on floors 1-3, and on final floor it's Goemon>Horus>swipe for OHKO. Insane. Gonna speed-farm that dungeon now for dubmyths to try and finally max skill FA Luci. Wish I stumbled on that build yesterday to take advantage of the current 2.5x skillup.
    Hee. It's not quite as fast, but Kali->Ra->Ra->Kali actives is pretty quick too. (For which I am grateful, 'cause I still need a ton of Angelits.)

Anyway, back to ARa. I'm starting to enjoy the playstyle a bit. Not nearly as fast as Ronia due to more thinking and planning involved, but it's still fun. I definitely need to get more efficient with my moves when doing the combos. As it currently stands I use almost all of the allotted time for each turn, and I don't like needing to rely on those time extend awakenings. I'm sure I'll improve with time. At least I'm finally weening off of Ronia! lol It does sadden me that all of my hypered cards are for her teams tho. I don't want to feed those away, so it's back to the drawing board for plus egging.
    Yeah, if I had a spare DQ, I'd have been strongly tempted to feed away her +297 to ARa. As it is, I've at least got +200 on DKali and often my +297 U&Y in there (although he's hardly ideal since I can't make use of his active).

8 more Firons for me today. Cao Cao is now skill level 4. That puts me at 3/24, all fed during 2.5x events. Which I guess isn't wildly out of whack, but frustrating. Given the fact that this 2.5x only lasts for another day, I'm tempted to buy another round of the coin dungeon and stone the hell out of it for the next hour.
    Rarely a waste of stones to spend them on skill ups for your main couple teams, I'd say.

Did end up taking out C8 this morning, with a lineup of Izanagi, LMeta, DMeta, and U&Y subs. LMeta got me past gabriel. Izanagi took out michael. And DMeta was bind bait for Lucifer.
    Oh, nice! Congrats.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

20. - Top - End - #20

Bought 12 stones today (first IAP in months, I feel bad about it) and ran Tamadra Village enough to fully awaken LKali, Hathor, and Valk (I'd never bothered apparently). Have Tamadra stockpiled for AHorus when I finally get him but that will be a while. I have 6 stones left, slotted in for Super Golds tomorrow. Should bump my baby Sparkles and baby Hathor up to at least usable levels.

Anyone have any Hathor friends on their list that they can toss my way?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Anyway, back to ARa. I'm starting to enjoy the playstyle a bit. Not nearly as fast as Ronia due to more thinking and planning involved, but it's still fun. I definitely need to get more efficient with my moves when doing the combos. As it currently stands I use almost all of the allotted time for each turn, and I don't like needing to rely on those time extend awakenings. I'm sure I'll improve with time. At least I'm finally weening off of Ronia! lol It does sadden me that all of my hypered cards are for her teams tho. I don't want to feed those away, so it's back to the drawing board for plus egging. I'm at +240 on Panda but I think that instead of finishing hypering her I'm going to start plusing either ARa or the Shiva I plan to use for AShiva. Any opinions on which one I should focus on first?
    I personally love running leads like A.Ra, LL Ra, A.Bastet, Kushi, Anubis, etc. because it's a bit more challenging and rewarding. I mean, I can blast through most stuff with Athena, Beelzonia, and LMeta, but it's the challenge that I find awesome. Glad you're having a good time - let me know if I ever need to refresh A.Ra, or just BFF me next time around.

I never thought I'd see the day, but I am now planning to feed my +139 Echidna away to either A.Shiva or A.Kagu. A.Shiva is more likely, to help keep up with the Joneses and get A.Shiva friends, but A.Kagu is maybe even more tempting because he's more versatile as a sub, fun as a lead, and has three prongs instead of 2 to stretch those +atk orbs even further.

Oh, btw, in case you missed it, there's a new Descend coming in Japan with a 7x6 board. A.Ra is very, very pleased with this development.

Also, a new graphic got downloaded that is similar to the +orb markers, but it's a lock instead. Current theory is that some dungeons will end up locking some orbs in place.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, I feel really bad. I think I fed maybe 12 firons to Cao Cao for the max skill. I got pretty lucky.

I believe I ran that dungeon maybe 20? times in total; I was getting terrible drop rates on those dudes.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

EDIT: I think I might have just asked that question a couple of posts ago. If Jasmine were here she'd scold me. lol I need to go back and reread. I know Obryn posted that link to the AShiva team building guide, which I need to browse through thoroughly again. Still unsure of who to plus first tho.
    I had the same, exact dilemma not too long ago. Mine was set for Kirin at first, then AShiva as I began reading about him, and then to A.Ra after I had success with C7/8 with him. I eventually settled on AShiva due to my sub pool, the content he can handle, and the fact that I can use my +297 Ronia on his team until I get the rest leveled/skilled/awoken.

A.Ra is incredibly fun though. Capable of so much and with the new boards coming out, should make it even more fun for the harder color/combo leads.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

F Gaia. That is all.

25. - Top - End - #25

F Gaia. That is all.
    I have never even entered that dungeon. I fully expect to get it from God rush eventually. Without ever entering Gaia.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

F Gaia. That is all.
    Yeah, Otra has the right idea. Go with God Rush instead. Or cheese it with Robin.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

I am so very happy today. I've found that a cobbled-together A.Bastet team can rock out in Izanami's dungeon, and I finally find that my tablet's best friend status is super super useful. That +184 A.Bastet friend is great.

::Edit:: And I am one skill level from dual max Izanami! Soon it will be time to evolve and level them.
    Last edited by Quietus; 2015-07-19 at 12:55 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28

Should I feel bad for spending basically another new video game's worth of money to get a Saiga?

I guess I sort of knew this whole time that I was going to IAP the moment I decided that I was going to run almost nothing other than the first collab for ranks.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I didn't manage to 0-stone C10, as I kind of expected. I think I might have managed if everything were max skill, but as is, I only got to Hera-Is on my best try. Figured that was close enough for this time, spent two stones to get the Shynpy; I got one back, so more than worth it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I feel really bad. I think I fed maybe 12 firons to Cao Cao for the max skill. I got pretty lucky.

I believe I ran that dungeon maybe 20? times in total; I was getting terrible drop rates on those dudes.
    Cao Cao is just the source of all my bad luck. I did stone the thing but like you started getting really bad drop rates for the firons. My current total is 4/32 now and I want that last skill rank so much (plus I have a second Cao Cao, so going over wouldn't be bad at all). To be fair though, I also have a max skill Uriel and max skill echidna, and they both skilled up at around 60% success rate, so it does even out overall.

F Gaia. That is all.
    Well, yes.

Well, I didn't manage to 0-stone C10, as I kind of expected. I think I might have managed if everything were max skill, but as is, I only got to Hera-Is on my best try. Figured that was close enough for this time, spent two stones to get the Shynpy; I got one back, so more than worth it.
    That's still quite impressive. What was your team for it?
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes