New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Civ 5 Mutliplayer 13? Highlands 2, Ground type boogaloo (Recruiting)

Spoiler: Shoshone
    Show
    Three or four days out.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Civ 5 Mutliplayer 13? Highlands 2, Ground type boogaloo (Recruiting)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuho Tsugu View Post
    Show
    Three or four days out.
    Spoiler: The mayan's
    Show

That's.... an issue.

Agree to the mountain pass being no settler territory?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #33

Show
    Give our cartographers some time to draw up a map of the area and identify the proposed non-settlement zone.

(next turn when I can screenshot)

4. - Top - End - #34

Show
    Per our previous discussion, I have enclosed a map of the area I believe is in question. Your request was that the area marked by a red line was to be free of settlement, correct? How would you feel about my settling the land marked in green?

5. - Top - End - #35

Show
    Per our previous discussion, I have enclosed a map of the area I believe is in question. Your request was that the area marked by a red line was to be free of settlement, correct? How would you feel about my settling the land marked in green?
    Show

Besides jealous as ****?

How far is that space from your capital.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #36

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Show

Besides jealous as ****?

How far is that space from your capital.
    Show
    Eight tiles.

7. - Top - End - #37

Spoiler: The Maya
    Show

That's really close to the capital.

That spot will suffice but no closer.

8. - Top - End - #38

Show

That's really close to the capital.

That spot will suffice but no closer.
    Show
    How close is it to your capital?

9. - Top - End - #39

Show
    How close is it to your capital?
    Spoiler: Maya
    Show

The center. About 10 tiles give or take 1.

The edges. About 8.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Zulu
    Show
    The Celtic people greet you in the Morning Light. May the Sun God ever bless your fields.

11. - Top - End - #41

Show

How would you feel about a settlement just west of the line? In-between the furs and the deer?

12. - Top - End - #42

Show

How would you feel about a settlement just west of the line? In-between the furs and the deer?
    Show
    I don't recall seeing any furs, so I assume it's to the south of my explorations... around where that spot of incense is? I don't mind, especially since you're letting me settle that other area. In truth, I was waiting for the results of my northern expedition; south of my capital is tundra and snow, which is not particularly amenable to prosperity.

13. - Top - End - #43

Spoiler: The maya
    Show

On the map, it's where your scout is.

14. - Top - End - #44

Show
    Hm. That is a bit close, but it should be fine. How soon do you plan on settling the area?

(OOC edit: I ask because I generally try to avoid having cities overlap workable tiles)
    Last edited by Ryuho Tsugu; 2015-05-23 at 10:56 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Show
    Hm. That is a bit close, but it should be fine. How soon do you plan on settling the area?

(OOC edit: I ask because I generally try to avoid having cities overlap workable tiles)
    Show

No less then ten turns.

I have to build a worker to get happiness up first.

16. - Top - End - #46

Show

Sent you a mutual embassy request.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Russia
    Show
    Well met, good friend. I see you have met my warriors while they were out exploring. How many a days travel have you come?

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Babylon
    Show
    Hail and well met. We greet you in the name of Her Undying Majesty. We apologise, but we cannot actually see your warrior, and thus cannot answer your question. Moscow lies to the Southeast of Melbourne, if you have met.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

19. - Top - End - #49

Spoiler: Sunday spectator update extravaganza.
    Show

The Pathfinder scouts out the land.

Yay! They gave me gold.

More scouting.

Finish that incense!

My tech tree.

My capital.

My policies.

World congress is not founded.

No tourism yet.

Demographics. Best in population, Manufactured goods, GNP, Land, Soldiers, Literacy. Worst in nothing.

20. - Top - End - #50

Since Orcus is back I re-enabled the turn timer to it's normal time.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler: Spectators
    Show
    Nothing much going on just yet, so pics aren't going to show much.

Spoiler: Russia
    Show
    Good day, dear Queen, behold for Shaka of the Zulu stands before you!
    So Much for the Glory of Rome, a Crusader Kings 2 Let's Play

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

22. - Top - End - #52

Spoiler: Sunday spectator update Extravaganza
    Show

That Pathfinder will be out of there shortly.

Yay new source of Horse.

Researching trapping.

Let's get out of here.

And this Pathfinder moves Northwest.

And meets a city-state.

Settler. Settle our second city.

Our capital.

Our social policies.

No World congress of course.

Best in Manufactured goods, Land, Approval, and Literacy. Tied for worst in crop yield.

No tourism.

23. - Top - End - #53

Submitting today's save to GMR was screwy; the turn may need to be reverted.

24. - Top - End - #54

Yeah, had to revert. Reverting now.

25. - Top - End - #55

Show
    That's certainly an impressive land grab.

26. - Top - End - #56

Show
    That's certainly an impressive land grab.
    Spoiler: The mayans
    Show

Part of Shoshone early game advantages.

27. - Top - End - #57

Spoiler: The mayans
    Show

Part of Shoshone early game advantages.
    Show
    Yeah, but I thought you only got six extra tiles, not nine. Did you buy some as well? (looking at that salt...)

28. - Top - End - #58

Spoiler: Mayans
    Show

All the sources I could find say it's typically 8, although possibly subject to some variation.

I have not brought any tiles though.

29. - Top - End - #59

Spoiler: Morocco
    Show

Greetings from your neighbors to the far south, we are the Shoshone of Incense valley. We located some evidence of human habitation, and a spearman claiming to be from the lands to the north.

How does this missive greet you?

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler: Morocco
    Show

Greetings from your neighbors to the far south, we are the Shoshone of Incense valley. We located some evidence of human habitation, and a spearman claiming to be from the lands to the north.

How does this missive greet you?
    Show
    Hello! Yes, the spearman is indeed from the city of Marrakech to the north. However, the others who inhabit the sacred deserts are little more than filthy barbarians. Once the situation is dealt with though, we intend to settle along the river to civilize those in the area.

As a note, while we have met others west of our current position, you are the first civilized people who claim to be from the south. It is somewhat comforting to know that the south is not solely populated by barbarian hordes.