New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Civ 5 Mutliplayer 13? Highlands 2, Ground type boogaloo (Recruiting)

Spoiler: Spectator war update
    Show

The Celts manage to finish their religious wonder.

One of the smaller nations is requesting donations.

Perhaps when the war is over we can see about doing so.

And Wittenburg does not find it witty that our scouts are so close.

Our serfs finally start on grooming the horses.

And working on farms.

And pretty much doing their damn jobs.

The Western defense force reports no problems.

The Southern defense force reports a victory over the savages.

A regiment of Crossbows goes to join the eastern front.

Our Eastern forces start to surround Palenque.

And engage Pacal's forces.... Finding that he razed his academy/academies to the ground.

And this Horseman focuses on recruitment efforts.

Our scouts scout the land.

.... Does Zulu have all of that land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Civ 5 Mutliplayer 13? Highlands 2, Ground type boogaloo (Recruiting)

Spoiler: Russia
    Show
    [what am I going to do with open borders at this point lol]

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Maya
    Show
    It's so your missionary doesn't lose strength each turn. Thanks for that, by the way. Your religion is awesome. I wish I was able to help you in your current predicament, but my army still isn't up to the task. I will avenge you though.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

4. - Top - End - #154

Spoiler: Russia;Narkis
    Show

What do the Mayans want, out of curiosity?

And lo. On the fertile lands of the river of Moson Kahni, did the Gods of Zero effort speak on this morn.

It started with the dawn, a slight rumbling that could be felt all throughout the city. We had faced earthquakes before, we figured that was all it was and continued with our business.

How wrong we were.

As the rumbling refused to fade, some grew worried. But lo, there was nothing to fear.

For the gods had blessed the Shoshone people.

And thus did stones sprout out from the earth, by the river side. One stone, two stones, eventually a thousand stones and more.

The stones took the shape of men, and we were astounded as they flew through the air to join their brethren.

When the spectacle was done.

The stones moved. The gods had given us men crafted from stone, to use against our enemies.

The Terracota army!

A look back at Shoshone history. Dated 470 AD

Spoiler
    Show

We finish our metal molds.

And start on our understanding of natural laws.

The siege of Palenque rages on.

Our scouts wander the land.

And wander near camps of savages.

As the Terracota army moves into action.

And the Southern defense force guards against barbarians.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Shoshone
    Show
    Last turn he sent a missionary to convert my cities. I offered open borders so that the missionary doesn't die beforehand. His message was asking for the reason of the open borders, and I answered.

I'm very worried about that Terracota army, btw. The Maya are done for, and I'm the natural next target of the juggernaut.

6. - Top - End - #156

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    Show
    Last turn he sent a missionary to convert my cities. I offered open borders so that the missionary doesn't die beforehand. His message was asking for the reason of the open borders, and I answered.

I'm very worried about that Terracota army, btw. The Maya are done for, and I'm the natural next target of the juggernaut.
    Show

Ah. The Mayan old faith. A worthy cause. One we might have taken up ourselves had Woo! Zero effort not lit a fire in our hearts.

The Terracota army is a precautionary measure. Similar to our Great wall. We were worried about the possibility of the Mayans completed it, and our capital really didn't have anything better to be working on.

The Shoshone people are similarly worried and intrigued about the amount of hammers you have. Are you in a golden age? Workshops?

7. - Top - End - #157

Show
    I'll see if can just give you the missionary (like a gift to a city-state). The defenses of Palenque won't hold long enough for me to spread the teachings of the Epsilon Program myself. [also I trashed most of my improvements, including two academies]

[and yeah, being the first to found and enhance a religion will do that... it would have been even better if a certain group of savages didn't come down with a bad case of sticking knives in my back. no reformation belief...]

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Golden Age, yes. Works wonders with Petra. And just to sate the curiosity I know you have, our current talks with the Maya are about how best to transfer ownership of that missionary, since apparently they won't live long enough for him to reach another city.

Spoiler: Maya
    Show
    Damn, I hadn't realised it was that bad. At least they won't be able to immediately use that land, I'm pretty sure I'm the next target. The crossbowman rush is a nasty trick, I never expected to see it in a GitP game.

I don't know if it's possible to transfer units to another civ. At least I've never done it. If it isn't though, I can just declare war and capture it on my next turn, if you don't mind. In any case thanks again and good luck with your next game!

Spoiler: Morocco
    Show
    Her Undying Majesty has grown extremely concerned with the Shoshone conquest of the Mayan people. She believes that the Shoshone war machine will not be sated, but instead march upon another peaceful people. Our two nations are their only possible targets, and neither of us can hope to stop them alone. We need to stand together, and force them back before it is too late.

9. - Top - End - #159

Show
    If you need to take the missionary via war, I don't mind, but I'm confident I can offer him to you peacefully. [read: tested this in single-player and it worked]

10. - Top - End - #160

Show
    Our missionary awaits capture by your wondrous mines.

[I saw no option to gift the unit like I saw in SP, but that might be because we don't have a DoF]

11. - Top - End - #161

Show

And reason two for the Terracotta army. Three city states wanted me to build it.

Show

Monaco realizes in their hearts that the gods are with the Shoshoney people.

Kuala Lumpur wants us to show the strength of our culture.

Almaty also recognizes the righteousness of the Shoshoney people.

As does Yerevan.

Our serfs continue on their fertile water side farms.

The siege of Palenque continues. The Mayan people building walls to try and keep us out.

But nothing will stop righteousness.

Wave after wave of crossbow bolts flew through the air at Mayan soldiers. Their primitive bows unable to stop the force of progress.

And the bolts fly towards the cities. Sapping the last of the Mayan resistance.

As a Great general known as Rommel joins our people!

Our scouts probe Celtish territory.

And the stonemen move to join the fight.

And the Southern defense force fights the savages!

12. - Top - End - #162

Spoiler: Russia; Narkis
    Show

Why'd you declare war on the Mayans, instead of letting the Mayans just gift you the missionary. They should be able to?

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    They weren't. Apparently you can only gift military units.

14. - Top - End - #164

Spoiler: Morocco; Technognome
    Show

Our previous trade ended. We re-sent it.

Show

We have recieved reports of Russian soldiers ambushing Mayan priests, and forcing them to preach till death.

Weaklings. Totally should have held out for kidnapping a Great prophet.

The Zulu nation experiences a new golden age of religion.

As the minor nations want the Shoshoney people to show that they can do more then war.

Our trade with Morocco ends.

So we try to renew it.

"Men. Tomorrow. Palenque falls. Tomorrow we dine in Pacal's palace."
    "Some of you may die, but the strong shall survive forevermore."
    "The Mayan people will greet us as liberators. For with Pacal's misrule, does the threat of starvation hang over his city."
    "All this war will take, is one final effort, one last assault on Palenque, will end this war forever."

The scouting teams show no enemies in the larger world.

They return news of minor nations.

And immediately task us to take out a band of savages.

The rest of the stonemen seek to join the battle.

And the Southern defense force fights the savages.

Sir Rommel rides forth to oversee Palenque.

The serfs work on improvements, across the land.
    Last edited by Illven; 2015-11-03 at 08:23 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165

My fellow civilized leaders,

My time in this life draws to an end. I urge the civilized nations of the world to reject the advances of the tribe of snakes that inhabit the southwestern lands.

Doubtless they may try to decieve you with empty promises and honeyed lies. They may try to claim they are in the right. They may try to claim I was an inept ruler. They may try to claim I brought this on myself. They may try to justify themselves with flimsy excuses.

We trusted in their sweet-sounding words, and see how they have repaid us! They attacked a peace-loving, friendly nation with no provocation or warning. They killed fully half of the population of Tikal—which, despite any claims to the contrary, was settled with the agreement of the nearby people, before they showed themselves to be false—and enslaved the other half, all to exploit the salt mines my people worked hard to establish. They forced a prophet of the Epsilon Program to preach heresies and establish a corrupt religion. Even now, they march on Palenque to commit regicide and destroy the cultural identity of the Mayan people. Where once we had magnificent pyramids and great institutes of knowledge, now we have piles of rubble and trash, all to prevent the vultures from turning a profit off our glories.

These are not the actions of peace-lovers, but of warmongers. These are not the actions of honorable, honest men, but of treacherous, lying worms.

If you do nothing, you too will find yourselves with an army of vermin at the gates of your cities, slaughtering your people and taking the bounty of your lands to consume it upon their lusts. This is a truth we have paid with our lives to obtain, and we share it with you so that you do not have to learn it at such a high cost as well.

Stand united against this threat to peace and harmony. May the names of traitors be blotted out from under the heavens forever.

KIFFLOM

[too bad you can't denounce human players in-game]

16. - Top - End - #166

Show

Why is your spearmen fortified on Shoshoney borders?

Show

With the war coming to a close, trade can begin to prosper.

The Mayan's slaughter our horsemen. That was retroactively a day away from retirement.

Monaco wants help repelling the savages. Assuming the Russian border doesn't get agitated, we will assist.

Our Crossbow's continue to train on the fields of war.

As the fight continues.

Wave after wave after wave of crossbow bolts attack the Mayan people.

And like that.

The war ends.

Let's view our prize.

It's going to need alot of elbow grease.

While we wait for that Elbow grease to take effect, let's.... request that Pacal be more sympathetic to Shoshoney view points.

The Southern defense force attacks some savages.

Our scouts wander the world.

As we start to work on Mayan lands.

Some of our army will remain wary in case of Russian aggression.

17. - Top - End - #167

[so am I done yet?]

18. - Top - End - #168

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuho Tsugu View Post
    [so am I done yet?]
    [Yeah, took Palenque.]

19. - Top - End - #169

We interrupt your scheduled game to advertise for another game I'm starting.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...9#post20039019

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    He wasn't fortified. I just sent him there to update my maps, since i was still seeing the academies the Maya said had razed.

21. - Top - End - #171

Show
    He wasn't fortified. I just sent him there to update my maps, since i was still seeing the academies the Maya said had razed.
    Show

Ah, must have been a graphical glitch.

22. - Top - End - #172

Spoiler: Sunday spectator update extravaganza
    Show

Seems there are still some concerns over the Mayan genocide.

But the Mayan people are breeding like rabbits!

Agaidika s defense force reports no problems.

As does Moson Kahni's..... But Emperor Pocatello sees an issue with the Mayan governor.

This Pathfinder will explore Moroccan lands to ensure cooperation.

The Serf's continue their jobs.

As the Southern defense force heals up.

Te-Moak's defense force also waits up.

Tikal will very shortly be fully integrated into the Shoshoney empire!

Rommel and his bodyguards watches and guards.

Tensions with Russia ease slightly, as the Shoshone military sends troops to the west.

Palenque is already partly integrated with the Empire.

And now to remove the damage, Palenque suffered from Mayan mis-rule.

As our Eastern scouts continue.

The Shoshoney tech tree. With an important note for Emperor Pocatello.

This was Moson Kahni with the old governor. Emperor Pocatello had plans for this city. That the governor crapped over by ignoring Pocatello.

He was executed by crossbow.

This is the new Governor.

Any questions!

Te-Moak.

Agaidika.

Tikal, a strong city, that managed to survive Mayan mis-rule.

And where Pacal had managed to do the most damage. Palenque, now a shadow of it's former glory.

The Shoshoney government understands tradition, and gold.

The shoshoney people are best in Population, Crop yield, GNP, Land, Soldiers, and Literacy. We are worst in nothing.

The tourism wars have little fire.

The Shoshone people have some intelligence on our enemies.

23. - Top - End - #173

Spoiler: Babylon;Necrotic plague
    Show

We no longer need Babylonian silks. If you are still interested in Shoshoney salt, we have sent a deal that we hope you will find acceptable

Spoiler: Sunday spectator update extravaganza!
    Show

Wittenburg declares that our warrior culture is eclipsed by the Zulu's culture. If they knew what the Robo-Zulu empire gets into on other worlds, they might change their tune...

The savages gang up and take out an outdated regiment of our army.

Our trade with Babylon ends.

We no longer care for the old deal, as Necropolis silk fills our citizens hearts with just as much love. So we offer our salts to Babylon for sale.

Werestable Mesa's defense force reports no problems.

Our army wants vengeance for it's slain comrades. We allow a small elite group into the Southern lands.

We can spare them, because Crossbow Valley reports no problems.

Nor does Were-bear peak.

Or Suicide Gorge.

Our general and serfs trade places for a day?

Necropolis's defense force reports no problems as well.

The Mayan religion will be allowed to spread into our hearts.

Our scouts try not to die.

Or alternatively, heads south.

Our Serf's continue to work on the fertile river farms.

Our tech tree. Right now we are going to work on the technology for defensive pacts.

A view of Crossbow Valley.

And of Were-Bear peak.

And Were-stable Mesa.

Suicide Gorge. I thought about working on a university. But I'm 5 techs ahead of the next two guys, and even more above everyone else. And I have a tendency to over focus on food and science.

Necropolis is still slowly working on it's Colosseum.

Our government is based on the old ways, and ways to make money.

We are best in Population, Crop yield, GNP, Land, Soldiers, and Literacy. Worst in nothing.

The tourism wars continue to rage to little effect.

The Shoshoney intelligence agency is the best in the world.

So it's past turn 100.

I'm in a really good position right now. I have a really good tech lead, I'm working on Universities as we speak, I top in everything but hammers, in which Russia only has a slight lead, and approval which I still have a ton of to burn through, and then Maya's religion at least allows Pagodas which will also help.

Really, I'm considering Cavalary and Artillery rushing the Russians. If it works, I think I win at that point.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Shoshone, Illven.
    Show
    Sadly, I must decline. Just as you find yourself in no further need of my silks, I find myself in no further need of your salts.

A missive to all:
    As I'm sure all of us great leaders are aware, the tastes of the people in a luxuries can change quiet a bit with time. My own people have, for the longest period of time, had a focus on preserved meats, of various jerkies. However, with the founding of a new settlement devoted to the ranching of the native cattle and sheep, I find interest dwindles when more fresh products are available. The newest fad appears to be varying the pallets with some new form of treat called 'sweetmeats' (a counterintuitive term, as these treats contain absolutely no meat in them). Anyone who is able to supply us with the raw ingredients may find their access to my considerable economic production, or some of the natural resources I myself can supply.

[TL,DR; anyone who has sugar and wants something I got (just check the diplomacy window, it should show you), I'm all ears).]

25. - Top - End - #175

The Shoshone Kingdom is open to negotiations for welcoming.... researchers of a subtle bent.

However any non-negotiated researchers will be treated as a hostile action by the nation in question.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Her Undying Majesty would very much like to send one of her subjects to study the wonders of Shoshone technology. What would it take to make such an arrangement?

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler: The Shoshone
    Show
    The Kingdom of Morocco would be more than happy to accept your generous offer, provided that our agents are treated with hospitality.

28. - Top - End - #178

Show
    Her Undying Majesty would very much like to send one of her subjects to study the wonders of Shoshone technology. What would it take to make such an arrangement?
    Spoiler: Narkis;Russia
    Show

Does 100 gold per tech stolen sound agreeable?

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    Show
    The Kingdom of Morocco would be more than happy to accept your generous offer, provided that our agents are treated with hospitality.
    Spoiler: The TechnoGnome;Morocco
    Show

Does 75 gold per tech stolen sound agreeable?

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Show
    Quite so.

Our people have also been debating entering a formal alliance with your own, given our close trade relations and relative closeness of our empires. Per the terms of it, we will also come to your aid should another nation declare war on you. Of course, we expect you to do the same should we be targetted by another nation. Would you consider such a thing?

30. - Top - End - #180

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    Show
    Quite so.

Our people have also been debating entering a formal alliance with your own, given our close trade relations and relative closeness of our empires. Per the terms of it, we will also come to your aid should another nation declare war on you. Of course, we expect you to do the same should we be targeted by another nation. Would you consider such a thing?
    Spoiler: The Technognome;Morocco
    Show

Very well. You can count on the Shoshone people as friends in the coming years.