New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Civ 5 Mutliplayer 13? Highlands 2, Ground type boogaloo (Recruiting)

Today. Today is where history is changed forever.

The tyrant Emperor Pocatello the first. The greatest of the Immortals. He who sowed Fire and Crossbows was overthrown. Not by Mayan rebels as Pacal, wherever he was certainly hoped. The wars of liberation were so long ago they were a distant memory, there was no Shoshoney or Mayan people. There was only the Empire.

Pocatello had earned his people's ire by his summary execution of his governors. He blamed it on their terrible mistakes in the past, and in doing so failed to take responsibility for his own actions in putting them into office.

The people fearing for the future. Lest Pocatello's bull headed decisions corrupt the state from within, swarmed Pocatello during a speech he made. Celebrating reaching something that his scientists called the Modern era.

Swiftly overnight the state transformed. At first all was chaos. While many high in power disagreed. None could offer a better solution then giving Pocatello's son, Pocatello the second executive powers to try and forge a order from the chaos.

And lo he did. Soon citizens will embrace the concept of Order. They will give their all for the state, they will become cogs in the machine, and the state will reward those citizens that fall in line! We will transform the Shoshoney empire into the Shoshone Union.

We are in the Modern era. Let us have leaders that will protect the new order, rather then cling to old outdated ways.

Spoiler: For spectators
    Show

No one expects the Oxford Slingshot! Okay technically ideology is next turn... But still.

Side note. Remember how I said that Chichen Izta was a worthless city, that I didn't want. Or expressed sentiments to that effect.

Turns out, that while it was placed a little sub-optimally. It would have accessed a total of 16 aluminum. (One 8 packet being 4 tiles out.) Time to settle the crap out of that area.
    Last edited by Illven; 2015-12-30 at 01:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #212

Default Re: Civ 5 Mutliplayer 13? Highlands 2, Ground type boogaloo (Recruiting)

Spoiler: Russia;Narkis
    Show

Your robotic possessor made us an offer for incense. In understanding of your wishes we agreed to not take her up on it.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Shoshone
    Show
    Hey, thanks for not taking advantage. I completely forgot about Civ 5 yesterday.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Man, the AI is so frigging incompetent. Just one skipped turn and it moved all my military units, including the free upkeep city garrisons, putting me in the red. It also messed with like half my workers, even some that were busy building improvements. They even kept moving at the start of my turn, when every other automated move happens at the end of it, so I'll have to waste 2 more turns to put them back in place. I guess I was lucky I wasn't in the middle of a war, it could have proven fatal.

5. - Top - End - #215

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    Man, the AI is so frigging incompetent. Just one skipped turn and it moved all my military units, including the free upkeep city garrisons, putting me in the red. It also messed with like half my workers, even some that were busy building improvements. They even kept moving at the start of my turn, when every other automated move happens at the end of it, so I'll have to waste 2 more turns to put them back in place. I guess I was lucky I wasn't in the middle of a war, it could have proven fatal.
    I know! I share your pain.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    IIRC you can really quickly go to your unit summary screen (F3) and use that to select automated units and cancel orders that won't seem to go away otherwise. I know I had to resort to that for workers at least once...

7. - Top - End - #217

Quote Originally Posted by DodgerH2O View Post
    IIRC you can really quickly go to your unit summary screen (F3) and use that to select automated units and cancel orders that won't seem to go away otherwise. I know I had to resort to that for workers at least once...
    Really? I know it can be used to cancel. But I'm pretty sure they'll move for that turn before you can do anything.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Really? I know it can be used to cancel. But I'm pretty sure they'll move for that turn before you can do anything.
    That might be the case, it only happened the once and I might have missed the first turn of moves.

9. - Top - End - #219

Spoiler: Sunday spectator update extravaganza!
    Show

Welcome tourist. After the chaos of modernization, the Shoshoney union is ready once again to welcome travelers into our midsts. Please make sure to stay with your tour group. It would not do good for you to wander, and get attacked by savages.

Our trade delegates who normally enjoy high success were sent to the Moroccoan kingdom where they keep failing to actually gain us coal. For some reason they report that robotic overlords keep stealing said coal ruining the deal. (Even though, Techno settled on coal, it won't let him trade it? Any advice? )

The Russian kingdom takes out a pack of savages that were bothering the minor nation of Almaty, and thus they ally with the Russian kingdom.

The second world congress will be ready to vote soon. The debates have been long, but we believe we are coming to a resolution. We are not opposed to either of these resolutions.

Visit the scenic Necropolis mountains. It is said that thousands died up in here during the siege of Palenque. Treasure hunters come back finding ancient treasures nearly every day.

We commune with the gods who sent us the stonemen, to try and figure out the issue with trading.

From a safe distance you can watch the battles to the south, where our army deals with the savages in their home terrain.

Watch as the great scientists wait for the day that they will be called into action.

Join our scenic trade caravan's bringing the exotic goods of Fes to Crossbow valley.

If you wish to join the Shoshoney union, the Aluminum expedition retrieval team is always looking for volunteers.

Our alternately if you prefer home grown aluminum for all your aluminum needs, the Shoshoney union has plenty of that as well.

Please refrain from making a scene at Necropolis, the guards wouldn't want to mistake you for a Pacal sympathizer.

Some of the Union's elite troops patrol the area around the future site of the Aluminum expedition retrieval team headquarters.

As our workers mine the nearby hills of Were-bear Peak for rare trace metals, your kids can help too. Just grab a shovel and sift through the dirt, at our kiddie play land.

Also refrain from thievery on the Shoshoney Union's tour. Our security detests thieves.

Meet Valletta. A minor nation of the world that was only very recently discovered by the Shoshoney Union's scouting guild. Discover their customs with us.

Join our deforestation guild. Doing their best to counteract the inability to trade for Moroccan coal.

As our Scientist master Steel, watch them as they try to figure out this mysterious thing called gunpowder.

Explore Crossbow Valley. Watch Potacello 2 direct the people in building a wondrous tower.

Werebear Peak. Check out it's scenic windmill.

Werestable Mesa. Check out it's stock exchange, where businesses rise and fall.

Tour the workshops of Suicide Gorge, before their grand opening.

Necropolis among other wonders, also is about to see their first workshop.

It is said our government is committed to the old ways. But what is rational about abandoning what works.

Watch our diplomats as they work to sway other nations to Shoshoney wishes.

The Shoshoney union is most efficient at Population, GNP, Approval, and Literacy.

Our union is glorious. The only form of modernism in the world.

Apparently Russia is more famous in the world. But the Shoshone Union is taking steps to correct that. Please fill out our surveys at the end of the tour.

And here, the secretive den of the Shoshoney Union's intelligence agency continues it's work.

So. It's turn 152. I think the two main players in this game are Me and Russia, with Morocco as a distant third. Both me and Russia have strong empires with alot of food, and alot of hammers. Right now I think my best plan is to either hope for alot of oil, and bomb Russia to death. Or use my superior aluminum to stealth bomb Russia to death. The main issues is I have to prevent a diplomatic victory from happening in the in-between.

I went Order, because I'll be settling a 6th city, and I don't really think Freedom works to it's best with 6 cities. I'm also worried about happiness if Russia goes order, and I go freedom and then get ideological pressured. I didn't go autocracy because there is no coast, so I can't build Prora.

Plus Autocracy to me is a big laser sign that says watch out.

So. If you liked this themed update, please comment. If you want another theme for next update. Such as a inter-office memo, comment!

10. - Top - End - #220
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Spectator here!
    I really liked the themed update Illven, please feel free to do more! I'll let you know if I have any ideas. I also really appreciate the spectator updates in general, it's nice to "spy" into other peoples games when I'm not playing Civ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DodgerH2O View Post
    Yeah, I was able to cancel their orders with that trick, but they still moved for that turn.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

The advent of Radio has completely transformed Russian society. For the first time the Russian people from across the nation could listen to each other, and within a year their voices were united to a single word: Freedom. Her Undying Majesty has heard that voice, and has already began implementing a series of reforms that will ensure all her subjects have their Freedom.

Spoiler: Morocco
    Show
    This should've probably been asked sooner, but what ideology do you plan to adopt? Together our nations have enough votes to pass World Ideology in the World Congress, if you also prefer Freedom.

Spoiler: Spectators
    Show
    So, yeah. I've adopted Freedom. Not my first choice, but it'll do. And since we're officialy entering the endgame, it's time for a proper Spectator Update:

Moscow. I'm pretty sure it's got the best science rate in the world, since I can see the Shoshone capital is far behind.

St. Petersburg has King Solomon's Mines, a bunch of desert hills and Petra. There's no way anyone has more production than that.

Novgorod is nice, though nothing extraordinary. It's right next to the Shoshone, former Mayan, border and thus the heavy garrison. It's not a very defensible position, since when I founded it I didn't expect the Maya to cause any trouble.

Rostov is a filler city, though not bad by any means. It's gonna be pretty decent even when it grows some more.

Yaroslavl is another filler city. Had extra happiness, some empty defensible space next to a mountain, and there it is. I lucked out with that Aluminum, I don't have all that much.

And my last city, Yekaterineburg. Not exactly filler, it was founded mainly to protect against the AI Zulu. I'm willing to bet real money on the AI being completely incapable of taking it.

The Russian Empire. Pretty happy with it. Not pictured: Yekaterineburg, just to the east of Rostov.

The Zulus. Would have been terrifying once, if they weren't AI. As it is, I could've conquered them pretty much at any time if I wasn't afraid to leave my Shoshone borders undefended.

The Celts. I have no idea why they gave up on the game, right next to Dublin is the most awesome natural wonder in a highlands map. But they did leave, and the AI is spamming Great Prophets and missionaries and converting everything in its path. This is by far the most annoying "feature" of Civ5, the AI is so incompetent at religioning that they had to go and give it a bunch of free faith so that it can spawn an ungodly amount of faith units without issue. And you can't even tell them to stop, they either ignore you entirely or agree and send them back for 5 turns before returning. I'd have burned them already if, again, I wasn't afraid to leave my Shoshone borders undefended.

The former Mayan territories. Too bad they're not Mayan anymore, they'd have been good neighbours.

The Shoshone capital. Unfortunately that's the extend of my intel on core Shoshone territories. I'm working on fixing that, but my scouts have ran into barbarian problems. The Shoshone aren't nearly as nice neighbours as the Mayans would've been, and I could use that intel.

The Moroccan lands. Lots of desert, and desert folklore. Can't say much else, they've never talked to me.

Venice and Babylon, the game's smallest civs. Venice quit early and has done absolutely nothing of note in the entire game. The Shoshone want to embargo them for some reason I can't fathom, and I got no reason to object. Babylon, on the other hand, is a mystery. Going into the game They were the ones I was most worried about, since Babylon is a great civ that can snowball easily. But something went wrong, and they only got city #2 just before I founded city #5, a few dozen turns after my #4. No idea what happened there, I'd like to find that out at the end of the game.

My tech tree. I'm right behind the Shoshone, who are consistently 0-1 techs ahead. I'm closing the distance though, and should've passed them before long.

Policies. I've by far more than anyone else, thanks to some early friendships with culture city states.

Russian Freedom. As I said at the start, not my first choice. I'd have picked Order if I'd gotten there first. But the Shoshone did, and I don't want to pick the same. Both because I'd lose a tenet, and because I'd lose the chance to put some pressure on them. I'm pretty sure I'll get to have more tourism, and I want to give them happiness problems, not fix them. I considered Autocracy, but with no Prora it's not all that great. And Freedom is my favourite ideology, the one I pick by default.

Forgot to grab a demographics screenshot, but I was first in everything that matters other than Literacy.

Some general thoughts: It's just me and the Shoshone now. Morocco is a distant third, and too weak to even matter in case of war. They do matter in the World Congress though, and I'd have liked to have them on my side, but they've ignored just about any message I've sent their way. I used to think they'd agreed with the Shoshone to attack me, but since that attack has yet to materialise I've got no explanation anymore. Babylon is practically nonexistent. But I'm glad they agreed on a Research Agreement, to balance the one the Shoshone share with Morocco, and I'd like to keep them on my side until the end of the game.

My tentative plan is to nuke the Shoshone ASAP. Science victory will be too difficult with the Shoshone that close, Diplomatic is not really feasible, and Culture is doable but tough and the Shoshone will declare war before I can win. And since I think I'll have to beat them anyway, I'd better not waste that much effort on culture. In any case, I hope I have some Uranium. It's gonna be hard without it.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler: Russia
    Show
    In truth, we do not know what ideology our people are planning on taking. While those of us in the Royal Palace and our noblemen are intrigued by your proposal, we are worried that the common people of our lands may turn against us if we do not peacefully establish the Order our Shoshone neighbors to the south have created. In addition, pressuring the Shoshone Union into going through another revolution might anger their current government, enough so that even though they are our closest allies, they may declare war on us in an attempt to 'liberate' our people in much the same way their previous one did to the Maya. And our military strategists predict that like the Maya, we would most assuredly lose said war, should it come to pass.

That said, the more prosperous of us also do not wish to lose our livelihood, or our heads, as Pocatello did in the process of his nation's Communist Revolution. And we do wish to maintain positive relations with the nobles of the independent states surrounding out lands, something that Order will not help us do in any way. Thus, we will consider your proposal. No matter what path we choose to follow however, it will be some time before our people or our government will be ready for such sweeping change.
    Last edited by The TechnoGnome; 2016-01-06 at 10:25 PM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    To help you make the right decision, we are prepared to aid you against Shoshone aggression with a formal Defensive Pact. The Russian and Shoshone armies are evenly matched, and together we are more than capable of resisting them.

Her Undying Majesty will eternally regret not being able to save the Mayan people. She will not allow another to fall.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler: Russia
    Show
    As do we. Simply put, we were unable to combat the Shoshone even with their aid, similar to our position now. In any case, we will consider your offer while we can.

In the meantime, we've noticed that our Great Prophets is currently by your borders with one charge left and no nearby cities to convert. If your offer from ages past still stands, perhaps you may give him permission to enter your lands and spread the Word of Lee to one of your cities. I'm sure your people would appreciate the chance to learn the tenants of Marvel.
    Last edited by The TechnoGnome; 2016-01-09 at 09:16 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226

Hey, I'll put up a sunday spectator update when I get up.

But not now, need sleep.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Her Undying Majesty is very glad to hear of your holy man's arrival. We had thought our message lost to the barbarians between our realms. Might we suggest St. Petersburg as the city that would best serve springboard from which to convert the rest of Russia? Just be advised, there is a Celtic Great Prophet in the area that we were unable to contain, we'd advise waiting a few turns for him to be expended, or he'd undo all your hard work.

Also, in our original message we had offered to recompense you for your Great Prophet, and we intend to deliver. You need but name your price.

18. - Top - End - #228

Spoiler: Sunday spectator update extravaganza
    Show

A missive from Crossbow Valley was dropped off to the delegates of the Shoshoney Union in the cool air of the morning.

To Cassandra. Head delegate of the Shoshoney Union.

You are to tell our delegates immediately to vote in favor of Cultural heritage sites. We are aware that Pocatello the first requested that the World's union consider embargoing Venice. However the Shoshoney union no longer believes Venice is even worthy of consideration.

In addition, by the time you read this missive a massive tower has been built in Crossbow Valley. The Ancestral home of the Shoshoney people. We believe that with Cultural heritage sites, will only serve to make this beacon shine ever brighter.

With care. Pocatello the Second.

To Pocatello the second.

Glorious head of state Pocatello. We have received reports that Morocco recently bribed or by some other means influenced two of the minor nations of the world, on the eve of the diplomatic voting in Marrakesh. We believe this means that the Moroccan people intend to subvert the congress to their whims, without even giving the other nations of the world, a chance to respond.

With love from Phyrra. Head of the External diplomatic affairs department.

To Violet. Head of the Food and Growth department.

Now that the people have built this grand tower. This Eiffel tower. We shall allow them to feed again. Please direct all surplus food to Crossbow Valley. The fast is over.

With care. Pocatello the second.

A report from Aluminum Expo

Glorious head of state. Today our defense systems were fired. Barbarians native to the mountains the Aluminum Expo has claimed, have taken offense to our settling a city. Although they are no threat to the city now, we fired our defensive system to cull their numbers so that they aren't one day a threat.

A report from Aluminum Expo

Our defense band remains untested, but arguably that is good. As nothing has appeared to test them. For now Aluminum Expo is safe.

A report from the First scouting company.

Glorious leader the savages have taken a toll on our numbers and food stores. I fear, that without aid, we will either need to return to Shoshoney union lands, or we will die for the people.

A report from the Second scouting company.

Glorious leader, because we are better then the First Scouting party, we do not need nearly the aid they require. We request that you send any available aid to the inferior First Scouting party.

A report from one of the Crossbow squads

We sighted one band of savages. We believe them to be obsessed with Pacal's misrule.

May Pacal's gods have mercy on their souls. For we will not. Targets in sight.

A report from one of the Pikemens.

We see our fellow crossbow squads. We are moving to aid them immediately. All hail Pocatello the Second bringer of modernization.

Glorious Head of state Pocatello the Second.

Having finished the sets of mines outside one hill in Crossbow Valley, our elite workband moves to construct hillside farms outside the Southern Crossbow Valley lake.

With care, Nina. Head of human workplace development.

This one. Slower then the other bands, works on more mines at Were-bear peak.

It hardly bares mentioning, but Aluminium Expo's highly trained team of builders move into the aluminium rich hills to start work.

Head of State. Pocatello the Second.

Our greatest scientists are ready to have a light bulb moment whenever you may need them, Great Leader. We suggest holding off on them as long as possible so as to maximize the size of the light bulb they will produce.

We of course, moved the Scientist that was currently stationed at Crossbow Valley so as to keep him hidden from other nation's spies.

P.S We believe that the Russians are as technologically advanced as we are.

With Love. Nicole. Head of Scientific affairs.

To Pocatello the second.

I fear for our military safety. Although we currently posses more soldiers, the Russian nation heavily outproduces us. I believe the only reason they haven't attacked yet, is that our Great Wall continues to protect us.

If that is the case, I must insist on holding off any attempts to research dynamite, because if so our people will tear down this wall.

With love. Rommel.

To our leader. Pocatello the Second.

Our defensive force, reports a build up of Russian troops on the border. Although they have not yet taken hostile actions, our defense force remains on high alert.

From Nicky. Mayor of Necropolis

To Glorious Pocatello the Second.

Thank you Glorious leader for our gift of one of your crossbow squads to protect us as we venture across the great desert. Thanks to you, we can trade in safety. Your crossbowmen shoot any savages they find. They are amazing.

From the head of the trade caravans to Morocco.

A report from the glorious knights of the first order.

The outdated Morocco military, has a barbarian issue. We are trying to help where we can, but they left this problem on the backburner for way too long.

A.... second report from Nicole. Head of Scientific affairs.

Glorious leaders and heads of departments, welcome! I've been told to prepare a scientific document, showing how far we've come, and what we need to do in the near future.

Currently, we could focus on building giant wooden hulls.... I'm not sure how wagons without wheels will navigate these hills though. We could also focus on Chemistry. Which sounds awesome, and it is.

However our greatest Scientific minds theorize about these rocks that will give a sickly green glow, and be a power source for the future. In order to attempt to locate these materials they insist that we research how to make our Musket's shoot further and more accurately. I believe we struck gold with this thing called Rifling.

A second report from Phyrra. Head of external diplomatic affairs.

Glorious leaders and heads of departments! We were engaged with high level diplomatic talks with the Moroccan people earlier this week.

These talks ended in failure. We were unable to get them to release one of the minor nations of the world from their grasp without diplomatic consequences.

So. We decide to get ivory from one of the Celt's allies.

A internal report.

After the Eiffel tower was constructed, the fast of Crossbow Valley was lifted. Pocatello the Second however, took after his father and had the governor executed publicly. Saying the fast meant he was a Russian spy trying to undermine the Shoshoney people. In private correspondence he stated the need for a person for the populace to blame, so that they wouldn't rebel.

A report from Shannon. Mayor of Were-bear Peak.

Were-bear Peak currently works on it's factory. A generous gift from the Moroccan people secured by Phyrra.

Our schools and universities are at max capacity as well.

A report from Lillian. Mayor of Were-stable Mesa.

Currently, we are working on a opera house, to spread the strength of our culture. So as to further link our people into the glory of the state. Construction continues quickly, and the Opera house should open any day.

A report from Nina. Mayor of Suicide Gorge.

Currently our city is not very industrious. The extra effort of keeping our fine arts departments fully stacked takes away from people who could be toiling in the salt mines, or the factories.

Our universities are only partly full, and barely anyone goes to our public schools. We require more citizens to serve the state as we should.

A final report from the Aluminum Expo company.

Our city is small, no one denies that. We haven't had time to invite citizens to move in. Currently we are working on building food storage devices so as to provide the same level of comfort at the company, that people can get in the bigger cities.

All we will have to offer for the foreseeable future is access to the aluminum mines. We hope that, that is enough.

A final report from Nicky, mayor of Necropolis.

Our city is currently close to finishing a windmill. This will allow us to boost our industry even further then what we have had before. Our fertile lands allow us to grow and produce both at a reasonable rate, and currently our universities and schools are also fully stocked.

A internal report.

Pocatello the second addressed the people today. In his speech he discussed how the Shoshoney people had many options available to them. However the only logical option was for people to continue to give their all for the state for the foreseeable future.

He also addressed how the Shoshoney people were the richest in the world, had the biggest army, that all loved the state, and that we were tied with Russia for most literate people.

To our glorious leader, and other heads of department.

Our glorious leader was right. The construction of a grand tower to the sky, has made tens of thousands of people flock to the Shoshoney union to marvel at it's wonder. Heh, our tourism board has had to open up recruitment just to keep up with all the applicants for travel Visa.

However, it's still not all sunlight and rainbows. Currently thanks to Catherine promoting our "freedom" less and less Russian citizens are applying nowadays.

Meanwhile some of our own citizens still desire to visit the lands of Russia, and the number of applicants applying for their tourism visas are increasing at a slow, but steady rate. We recommend reeducation into the benefits of order, or constructing more great works so as to increase the appeal of Shoshoney lands.

With love. Head of the Tourism board, Rose.

A Private correspondence to Pocatello the second.

Greetings from the Shoshoney Illuminati. We have a lot to say, and not much time to say it so please strap in.

Currently our agents protect the homeland, while trying to recruit minor nations of the world to the Shoshoney union's banners.

We don't believe that the Shoshoney union has any reason to worry about the above nations. Venice and the Celts are far outstripped in technology, and the Babloyans are outstripped in tech by a fair margin, while controlling almost no land.

In addition we believe that the Zulu are also not a threat. They might be if we shared borders. But they'd have to go through Russia to get to us. The Moroccan people are slightly worrisome, they have alot of land claimed, even if they don't use it to the efficiency standards of the Shoshoney union. They also are not that far behind us in tech. Russia however are fully worrisome. They use their land to similar Shoshone standards, and are a powerful nation in their own right. Steps should be taken to correct this.

The Shoshoney Illuminati.

So how's this Sunday spectator update?

Also I ran out of ideas for themes. Please send halp.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Great thanks (and thanks for your update as well Narkis!)

Maybe you could do your next update from the perspective of a Mayan agent who managed to survive his nation's conquest, and is trying to get information out to one of Shoshone's rivals?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

20. - Top - End - #230

A missive from Pocatello the second.

Any who vote for the blasted scholars in residence program will strain diplomatic relations with the Shoshoney empire.

Any who vote against the scholars however, can expect to enjoy great wealth and strong diplomatic ties.

Spoiler: Morocco;The technognome
    Show

Any future tech steals will be at double price now, unless you commit to using your full diplomatic power to vote down Scholars.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Her Undying Majesty staunchly believes in the Freedom of all to make their own choices. Russia may not benefit from the Scholars in Residence program, but we will defend your right to support it.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Ahmad al-Mansur is pleased to announce that, with the help of a Great Engineer, Morocco has built its first Wonder of the World: the Fes Clock Tower, or as the local have nicknamed it, 'Big Fes'! It is the hope that by using the giant clock to help the people synchronize their work to a common time frame, business and workflow can be made more efficient empire-wide. It is our hope that the other nations of the world follow our example and adopt the new Moroccan Standard Time for official business and political deals!

Spoiler: The Shoshone
    Show
    We are willing to accept the increased price.
    Last edited by The TechnoGnome; 2016-01-13 at 09:31 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Congratulations on completing the Big Fes. We ourselves had undertaken a similar project, but without the help of a Great Engineer our efforts were doomed. We don't begrudge you your success, however. In fact, it has lead to a new opportunity: the sale of the construction materials has left us with an unexpected surplus of gold. How would you like to make a declaration of friendship and sign a research agreement?

24. - Top - End - #234

Show

Our Salt for silver deal ended, so we re-sent it.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Show

Sure, we'll accept as soon as we can.

26. - Top - End - #236

Show

Our GPT for incense deal ended. So I resent it.

27. - Top - End - #237

Show

You are to immediately remove any and all spies from our territory.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    We would have gladly complied, if we actually had a spy in your territory. There has been no reason to send one after you killed the last one.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Hello all. I'm pretty new to Civ 5 - got it back at Christmas, when I finally got a new PC for the first time in like a decade - but Illven's invited me to join in here. And after playing a few solo games to get used to how the game plays, I'm taking him up on it. I'll be playing the Celts.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

30. - Top - End - #240

Spoiler: Sunday spectator extravaganza update
    Show

I don't have much time. Most of our communications are being intercepted. The Mayan underground is being hunted down as we speak.

Pacal wherever you are. Don't turn to Venice for help. They have just entered the Renaissance era, according to a report by the traitor's son. The Shoshone killers are in Modern era.

Morocco and Russia, the useless cowards fight over a city state, instead of recognizing this great menace to the world, and teaming up to destroy them.

Some good news. Antwerp canceled quests. The traitor's son was furious about something regarding them still wanting a Colossus.

Their pathfinders stay to heal up. You could attack them while they are weak, Pacal. However we see little point.

Other troops are deployed to watch for Barbarians. This leaves their core cities vulnerable, Pacal. You can attack now and make great gains!

Crossbow Valley for instance is guarded only by a single deployment of their namesake

Werestable Mesa continues tilling their fertile farmland.

To intimidate Russia, The traitor's son moves a squad of Riflemen to the frontlines.

Pacal in case you don't know, Riflemen wield wands that shoot fire and death. The perverse killing technologies of the Shoshone are only stronger with time.

Necropolis has a build up of troops to discourage the Russians from attacking.

Unfortunately my liege. I fear with the Great wall, this will do what the traitor's son intends.

The traitor's son is storing great scientists, for something he calls the great bulge, that will make the weapons of his allies obsolete.

You must attack before this happens. Otherwise the world will have no hope.

And his workbands continue on the mines around Necropolis.

After razing a Mayan city to the ground. The traitor's son commits the ultimate insult, and resettles the area. Tens of thousands of Mayans burned to death in their homes, and he settled the ruins.

The monster needs to be put down.

This Pathfinder is a coward, and runs from the next generation Crossbows that the rebels have produced.

Poctaello's son mentions of a future technology. This stealth, will make unstoppable death machines that will rein from the skies. We must stop him, before he is able to achieve this.

Crossbow Valley. Even with our attempts at sabotage, the hydro plant they are building is close to completion.

Werebear peak, is about to build a opera house. Where they will hear the songs they sang as they killed our people.

Werestable Mesa is about to finish a great castle that will further augment the Shoshone defenses. Soon they will be nearly impossible to attack.

Suicide Gorge continues to work on military. Their isn't much time Pacal to attack.

Their mining company/burial ground is building a university to figure out, how to better harvest the aluminium around the Mayan corpses.

And Palenque, builds a Market place.

The Shoshone people have a respect for the Old ways, money, and Science. Perhaps this could be used to bribe some of the higher ups.

And the style of their state reformation.

The World congress. Where no one wants to embargo the murders.

Russia outnumbers them, had more fertile crops, produces more, makes more money then them, and has more land. But the traitors have more soldiers, citizen approval, and literacy.

We manage to intercept this communication from the Shoshone spy agency to Pocatello the Second.

Help the Mayan people, Pacal. You're our last hope.

Spectator comments are appreciated.