New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Civ 5 Mutliplayer 13? Highlands 2, Ground type boogaloo (Recruiting)

Very nicely done Illven!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

2. - Top - End - #242
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Civ 5 Mutliplayer 13? Highlands 2, Ground type boogaloo (Recruiting)

So... Guess what I can do now.

Illven obtained the power to check production times on things you aren't even building yet!

So glitch, or normal game mechanics?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    So... Guess what I can do now.

Illven obtained the power to check production times on things you aren't even building yet!

So glitch, or normal game mechanics?
    Hasn't it always shown you how long it will take to build anything you have the option of building?
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

4. - Top - End - #244

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Hasn't it always shown you how long it will take to build anything you have the option of building?
    The key word in there is. You

You can use spies to steal my technology, and check my city, and how long it will take me to build the thing I am working on.

I can do all that, and tell what you have the ability to build, and how long it'll take for you to build them.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

The key word in there is. You

You can use spies to steal my technology, and check my city, and how long it will take me to build the thing I am working on.

I can do all that, and tell what you have the ability to build, and how long it'll take for you to build them.
    Huh. I knew you could look at the status of an opponent's city if you have a spy there, but I've never actually checked to see if you could tell what their building options are or how long they'll take. Don't know if that's normal.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

6. - Top - End - #246

Huh. I knew you could look at the status of an opponent's city if you have a spy there, but I've never actually checked to see if you could tell what their building options are or how long they'll take. Don't know if that's normal.
    You can normally tell what they are currently building.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

You can normally tell what they are currently building.
    Yes, I knew that. Just don't know if being see what they can build but aren't currently is normal.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

As it says in the book of Peter, 'With great power comes great responsibility'. But those who have ruled over Morocco do not follow the teachings of Marvel. As our empire grows, more and more of the border cities have started to face hunger issues, and though the people cried out, the royalty in Marrakech did not answer our pleas. Well, we will be ignored no longer! No longer will the common man starve and live in squalor while those in power grow fat in their kasbahs! No longer will they waste precious resources on building such ridiculous things as giant clocks while the people of Tangier and Sale do not even have the infrastructure to properly function! Following the example of our Shoshone brothers to the south, the people of Morocco have risen up as one and overthrown the capitalist noble class, and instilled Order among the people!

The one regret of our leadership is that unlike the Shoshone, we were unable to capture King Ahmad al-Mansur and punish him for his neglect of the people. He had seen the revolution coming, and when it had started he and his family had fled his palace and managed to make it across the border and into Russian-controlled lands. By the time the palace doors were knocked down and the remaining guards dispatched, all that remained of the king was a half-finished 'constitution' that would have only given the corrupt nobility more say in how the government would be run, in the name of 'Freedom'.

As we do not wish to antagonize Russia by sending soldiers into their lands or the lands of their allies to find Ahmad without permission, we will leave what happens to the former king up to them, though we request that they return him to our lands to face justice if he is captured attempting to enter one of your cities. While our nations have never been on the best of terms, we have never had reason to truly fight either, and wish that it remain that way, despite our ideological differences.

Spoiler: To the Celts (Zevox)
    Show
    We of the Moroccan Union have a proposition for you. While we may have disagreed with many things that Ahmad al-Mansur stood for, we are still a pious people at heart who wish to continue spreading the Word of Lee. Therefore, we are prepared to give you a gift of gold per turn, provided you convince your delegates to vote 'yea' towards Russia's proposal to make Marvel the Global Religion.

We know that this is a big commitment for your nation, as Wildfire is almost as big of a religion as Marvel. We also know that you are currently in massive debt, and we have the resources to help alleviate it and get you back on your feet. The Shoshone Union is prepared to offer you 10 GPT for every delegate you commit towards this endeavor.

Spoiler: To the Babylonians (NecroticPlague)
    Show
    We of the Moroccan Union have a proposition for you. While we may have disagreed with many things that Ahmad al-Mansur stood for, we are still a pious people at heart who wish to continue spreading the Word of Lee. Therefore, we are prepared to give you a gift of Gold, provided you convince your delegates to vote 'yea' towards Russia's proposal to make Marvel the Global Religion.

Our starting offer is the last of our Luxury Gold, given for no price other than your votes in the World Congress. The recent revolution has lifted our people's spirits, and thus we can take the temporary hit to Happiness. While we are open to negotiations, we believe that a free luxury for 2 delegates towards a proposal over religion to be a fair trade, especially since your government did not found a religion of their own.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Morocco (Techno)
    Show
    You'll forgive me if I don't do these in-character like that. Wasn't expecting to be RPing in a game like this, and I'm not entirely sure what I'd do if I did, particularly given the circumstances.

In any case, honestly, if memory serves I'm not actually much of a fan of Wildfire's selection of beliefs, so I wouldn't even mind converting if that's a thing I can do . Barring that, well, I'm not thrilled about doing something that can so significantly aid rival civs towards a win condition, but win conditions will be the least of my worries if my civilization keeps stagnating as it currently is for the amount of time I'd bet it would take me to recover an economy this bad on my own. So I'll take your deal, with all of my delegates - though I hope you'll understand if I ask not to have to wait until the vote to get that economic aid. Though I will admit up front that it is technically impossible for me to guarantee that my one vote from a city-state remains until the vote occurs, especially since I have absolutely no gold with which to bribe them back to being my ally if I lost them, but there's not many turns left until the vote, so hopefully nobody will usurp them from me between now and then.

10. - Top - End - #250

So any suggestions for my next sunday spectator update fluff?

11. - Top - End - #251

Spoiler: Sunday spectator update extravaganza
    Show

The Russian people attempt to buy Kuala Lumpur's loyalty from us.

So we buy them back.

Our scouts move around.

Our scientists wait.

Our workers connect Aluminum expo, and improve our cities.

Our great prophet waits.

As does our Great general.

Necropolis's defense force waits, and is upgraded.

And our tech tree.

Maps of Crossbow Valley.

And Werebear peak.

Suicide Gorge.

Aluminum expo.

Necropolis.

And our policies.

Shoshoney order.

The world congress is about to vote.

Best in approval, worst in nothing.

The tourism wars continue.

And our special info!

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

From Antanavarino in the North to Monaco in the South an Iron Curtain has descended across the world. Behind that line lie the capitals of the ancient states of the West. Moson Kahni, Palenque and Marrakech, these famous cities and the populations around them lie in what I must call the Shoshone sphere, and all are subject in one form or another, not only to Shoshone influence but to a very high measure of control from "Crossbow Valley".

We cannot be blind to the fact that the liberties enjoyed by individual citizens throughout the Russian Empire are not valid in a considerable number of countries. With these states control is enforced upon the common people by various kinds of all-embracing police governments to a degree which is overwhelming and contrary to every principle of democracy. The power of the state is exercised without restraint, either by dictators or by compact oligarchies operating through a privileged party and a political police. It is not our duty at this time, when difficulties are so numerous, to interfere forcibly in the internal affairs of countries which we have not conquered in war. But we must never cease to proclaim in fearless tones the great principles of Freedom and the rights of man which are the joint inheritance of the world and which find their most famous expression in the Russian Constitution.

This means that the people of any country have the right, and should have the power by constitutional action, by free unfettered elections, with secret ballot, to choose or change the character or form of government under which they dwell; that freedom of speech and thought should reign; that courts of justice, independent of the executive, unbiased by any party, should administer laws which have received the broad assent of large majorities or are consecrated by time and custom. Here are the title deeds of Freedom which should lie in every home. Here is the message of the Russian people to mankind. Let us preach what we practice - let us practice what we preach.

Prime Minister Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov, address to the parliament.

Spoiler: Babylon, Celts
    Show
    Us three are the last free nations of the world. Venice and the Zulu have long fallen into anarchy, similar to that from which the Celt nation only recently emerged. While Morocco, the Shoshone and the Mayan people have fallen to a much more sinister tyranny, one that proclaims Order as being more important than the Freedom of all.

Despite the fact that our kindness to Morocco was repayed by treachery, as can be seen by the World Congress resolutions, the record still stands: Russia has been generous to its friends, and will remain so. So please, if we can do anything, anything at all to help you from falling behind the Iron Curtain, you need only ask.

Spoiler: Morocco
    Show
    Your new government's announcement stated that "While our nations have never been on the best of terms, we have never had reason to truly fight either, and wish that it remain that way, despite our ideological differences."

You have chosen a strange way to pursue this. Your request to extradite your former king is denied.

I seem to have encountered a bug. The Statue of Liberty did not give me a free social policy as it's supposed to.

And I find it very amusing that Scholars in Residence passed with a single vote from AI Venice.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

13. - Top - End - #253

Did you already got a policy that turn? Or just no policy at all?

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

No policy at all. Just production and my pick of world congress resolution.

15. - Top - End - #255

Hmm. I posted a question in the GMR discussion board, about it.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks! You didn't have to do it, it's not that big a deal.

17. - Top - End - #257

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    Thanks! You didn't have to do it, it's not that big a deal.
    If I'm going to bitch about Kesnit complete failure to host in GMR 11, I at least need to make a token effort to resolve glitches and other screw ups as host of GMR 13.

18. - Top - End - #258

Okay, first comment is saying that it must be a bug in civ 5 itself.

19. - Top - End - #259

It is with solemn understanding that Pocatello the second. Head of the Shoshone Union, must inform the world of a defensive pact between the Shoshone state, and the Moroccan state.

Russia's inflammatory words, denouncing the principles of the state have lead to this. Russia proclaims that all the world deserves freedom. That it is a starting point for governments.

What Russia fails to realize, is that the individual has a duty to the state first. The state protects, the state feeds. The state helps those in need. The state achieves things together, that no individual could achieve alone.

And in turn, it is the citizens duty, to support the state however they can.

We are pleased that the Russians forged their own path. You have not heard the Shoshone union denounce the people of Freedom. But you have heard the Russian government denounce those who do not see the world as they sees it.

We will take steps to ensure the safety of the Shoshone people. As that is the state's duty.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Such behavior Russia has exhibited is typical of those who espouse the virtues of 'Freedom'. Let us ask Russia this: why does their government wish to embargo ours? Ideological differences aside, we are not a threat to you. Your people are content with Freedom. Our nations are separated by miles of independent states and a mountain pass, making a military invasion impractical for both of us. And embargoing us does little to hurt the Shoshone, who you appear to see as the bigger threat. So then why go after us?

It is simple: spite.

Our most recent proposal has been to bring Order to the world, similar to how the tenants of our religion have spread far beyond our borders, has angered Russia. They see that the number of states that choose embrace Order currently outnumber those that value their Freedom, and it intimidates them. And rather than do their best to get the people of the world to vote against the proposal, they decide to prove themselves to be hypocrites by proposing to stifle the free market they value so much in a transparent attempt to divert our votes away from our own proposal. While it is indeed a clever move, it is an underhanded one that goes against their own beliefs.

We are simply doing what Russia most likely would have done themselves, were they able to. The only difference is that unlike them, we do not claim that we are helping the people free themselves from oppression while punishing those who have dared to liberate themselves from the tyranny of the burjwazy. Such behavior is what led to the uprising against the sheikhs in the first place, and the exile of our former ruler. Whether you are actually sheltering him or simply are refusing our request on principle, it is clear that you agree with them on how our people should be treated, which is disheartening to say the least.

Spoiler: The Celts (Zevox)
    Show
    It should be obvious why I'm doing this, but I do not want to be embargoed. What will it take to dedicate your votes towards keeping me from losing my trade routes? After all, I am currently sinking quite a bit of money into you for the last votes: I think we can maintain a friendly correspondence.

Spoiler: Babylon (Necro)
    Show
    If you have not already dedicated your votes to Russia's aid, what is your current plan in terms of voting? Will you consider voting in our favor on one of the issues in exchange for something?

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    Show
    It should be obvious why I'm doing this, but I do not want to be embargoed. What will it take to dedicate your votes towards keeping me from losing my trade routes? After all, I am currently sinking quite a bit of money into you for the last votes: I think we can maintain a friendly correspondence.
    Show
    I'll take a look at things next time I'm in-game and see what I think would be fair for a trade. It won't be nearly as much as this last vote, though - I have no reason to want you embargoed, nor a big reason to want to vote on the other proposal since I haven't acquired an ideology yet, and I'm no longer in a crippling situation aside from generally being behind due to the period of AI control this nation had.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Show
    I'll take a look at things next time I'm in-game and see what I think would be fair for a trade. It won't be nearly as much as this last vote, though - I have no reason to want you embargoed, nor a big reason to want to vote on the other proposal since I haven't acquired an ideology yet, and I'm no longer in a crippling situation aside from generally being behind due to the period of AI control this nation had.
    Show
    Cool. And hey, if you're stumped on what ideology to choose, you can always join Illven and I on team Order.

Of course, I understand if you want to choose something else. Just keep it in mind.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    So, I wasn't able to send you an offer this turn, because Illven had a deal to renew and I felt the need to counter-offer and apparently I can only send one offer at a time, but I did check on what I'd like. I see you have an extra Gold resource - I'd take that in trade for my two guaranteed votes. Any additional votes I may have from City-States when the time comes I would offer for a small amount of GPT - say, 4 per vote? Which I would not expect you to start paying for until after the vote, of course. Sound reasonable?

Spoiler: Shoshone (Illven)
    Show
    I noticed that you increased the amount of gold you were asking for in that deal compared to the one that just ended. Given my country is currently only even really recovering from its previous disastrous economy due to temporary aid from Morocco, I don't feel particularly comfortable with that, so I sent you a counter-off to actually just renew the old deal.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Show
    Very. Pleasure doing business with you.

25. - Top - End - #265

Spoiler: Necrotic plague;Babylon
    Show

Would you be interested in me purchasing your spare spices off of you.

We could offer Salt, or Incense if happiness is a concern.

Spoiler: Zevox87;Celts
    Show

Would you be interested in a 1 for 1 lux trade for your spices?

I could offer furs, so you don't lose any happiness.

Spoiler: Sunday spectator update extravaganza
    Show

The Celts modify our deal to them insisting on renewing the old deal, when Bouddica still hated us. We allow it this time.

Valetta wants us to demand tribute from one of their rivals. We have no other recourse but to decline, as we are no where near their rivals.

Most of our cities, want new luxuries. We start on deals to make that happen.

Our scouts continue to protect us from barbarians.

Our great scientists wait.

As do our defense forces.

And our other great people.

Our tech tree.

Crossbow Valley works on an armory.

Our other cities work on research labs, and schools.

And the Shoshone people's style of government.

The world congress.

Best in Approval. Worst in nothing!

Our tourism

Shoshone intelligence

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Zevox87;Celts
    Show

Would you be interested in a 1 for 1 lux trade for your spices?

I could offer furs, so you don't lose any happiness.
    Spoiler: Shoshone, Illven
    Show
    I don't see why I would make a trade if I'm not gaining anything from it.

27. - Top - End - #267

I temporarily extended the turn timer, due to Techno having internet issues.

28. - Top - End - #268

The normal time of a day, has been put back up.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

So. Problem.

The game's telling me it's my turn, but when I load it up, it gives me Babylon. Apparently despite thinking that Necrotic has fully dropped from the game, from what I see on the website.

Is there anything that can be done about that?

30. - Top - End - #270

So. Problem.

The game's telling me it's my turn, but when I load it up, it gives me Babylon. Apparently despite thinking that Necrotic has fully dropped from the game, from what I see on the website.

Is there anything that can be done about that?
    Try checking now?