New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Possibly new JillianxWanda revelation?

If this is old'd, then I'll just delete the topic to prevent confusion and exitement to disappointment

Here we go: Check the second to last panel in Erfworld Comic 39 and read it carefully. Note Wanda says "...the screams for mercy."

This would of course imply that there were other screams... Hm... o_O

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Possibly new JillianxWanda revelation?

Or it would imply that she felt like using simply a single article, "the," instead of a larger phrase. Or that the writer didn't feel like trying to fit more into the panel.

Most people would have probably said "the screams" instead of "the prisoner's screams," so I think you're grasping at straws here.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

And this is different from a regular fandom how? :-p
    Mandible Bones, the Worst Pirate Ever.
    I prepared explosive rum this morning.
    Homebrew 3.5 base class: The Iron Chef

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

I don't know if it implies that there were other screams, but it certainly implies that there was something other than "the screams for mercy." Given Wanda's dress, the innuendo that's rife in her conversations with Jillian, and the second panel of this comic, it's clear that there was plenty of "good cop" action to go with the torture, and that almost certainly sexual in nature.

We don't need to be desperate fanboys to find the eroticism in this sequence.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Personally, I think this is some kind of secret love affair. Both Wanda and Jillian are obviously lez or at least bi with stronger lez tendencies than straight ones. I stipulate that there was not actually any "torture" of the kind everyone else is going to assume. Rather, Bondage. The torture aspect being a front to keep Erfworld-ians from guessing the truth, if they're actually naive enough for that. Consider that Wanda states that she does not actually have control over Jillian, but more of a strong influence. Enough that she can get her to divulge certain information more or less willingly, but not betray Prince Ansom outright; she is loyal to him, although she has no interest in him.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

or Wanda was just implanting a thought over what the minion overheard...we wouldn't want Tool thinking that Wanda had gone soft...

7. - Top - End - #7
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by katana2665 View Post
    or Wanda was just implanting a thought over what the minion overheard...we wouldn't want Tool thinking that Wanda had gone soft...
    That's my interpretation for why Wanda gives a boop what Mung remembers and thinks -- she thinks, perhaps correctly, that Stanley simply wouldn't understand that the "good cop" role is part of effective interrogation. (If she is emotionally attached and/or sexually involved with Jillian, she evidently prefers her privacy, if only for that reason.)