New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! CWBG XIV: To Heir is Human - To Faith 10, Divine

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    I suspect that actual roleplay via PM is relatively minimal, if only because a lot of back and forth will clog inboxes in no time, although sending IC letters by PM is not uncommon. For conversations it's usually better to set up a thread unless you're really paranoid about OOC security.
    I have, for many years, taken great pride in my paranoia.

That said I confess, some of these questions are me still getting a feel for the game.
    Last edited by drack; 2015-05-30 at 12:30 PM.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DimpleLoamsdown View Post
    Is this what you meant? If it is, how do I take control of P7?
    You could PM QuintonBeck, who is the Head GM and in charge of handling NPCs. If you don't want to take over Kuldran and only have P7, I'm not sure if that is possible. Mynxae, who recently joined and took over a nation of three regions only wanted two of those regions. He ended up starting with all three and needed to let the third one go with an action. You could do the same--or better yet, you could take over the Kingdom of Kuldran and make the new ruler (your first ruler) be a native of P7 instead of P6 (which is the current capital region). It will take the NPC off of QuintonBeck's hands and you will be able to have a nation that already has two regions, plus you can fluff out P7 entirely to your liking as well.

Quote Originally Posted by drack View Post
    Yup, no need to hand out favors, I'd rather earn it myself, and say, mayhaps my resources will become more useful or something to compensate. If not I accept that I'm doing a quite queer and weird nation which will carry it's own advantages and drawbacks which at the end of the day might be just enough to fix me back up. (pop at the moment is 37k with many at 1 million so it'll certainly still be there if ever I do to war, and having some militant emphasis I can't so quickly dismiss the notion...
    I couldn't help but laugh out loud at this statement. Not because it's silly, but because it's a philosophy that a number of nations in the southern hemisphere of Telluris hold quite strongly to.

At any rate, welcome to Empire!

Quote Originally Posted by Aedilred View Post
    Secret actions are PMd to Quinton. I guess there's no reason why trades can't be secret, but that means they won't be centrally accounted (as the central record is publicly accessible) and therefore could be missed if they actually become relevant. Trades for technologies being secret probably makes more sense than trades for resources.
    I don't think secret trades are possible, because must be accounted for in the administration. The latest version of the rules doesn't specify whether it is allowed or not, but since they are quite clear afterwards anyway it would be somewhat useless to spend a secret action entirely on that.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    I know you said you wanted to create your own nation, but consider possibly picking up one of our NPC nomads instead and working with the stuff they have since adding more nomads while 2/3 soon to be 3/3 of the original nomads do nothing/go NPC is rather cluttered (and more work for me) There's the Warriors of Syivine who are a matriachal band of warriors who follow the player-run religion of the Doctrine of the Frost which reveres a goddess of winter. They are currently a vassal to the Kingdom of Ashenia but Ashenia has made no demands of them and they've been free to do more or less whatever they want in converting folks and raising big armies.

There's also the An Nadur whose creator player (Rain Dragon) is still around. They're not nearly as militant as the warriors, but they're forming a 4 nomad group this round meaning with a new leader getting to Diplomacy 10 they could form a Nomad League pretty quick. The have some naturalist witch/druid type inclinations already with the ability to wildshape having been Miracled into them. They're also a non-vassal at the moment though they have more filled in than the Warriors.

The Warriors are human and the An Nadur fae, spriggan, and elven but being a nomad means you can travel to places with people you like the look of and recruit them into your horde so it's pretty open to change.

As for RP, it's best done in threads, preferably main RP threads in a round though if it involves a fair number of people or is an exclusive event a separate thread is appropriate. IC PMs for direct correspondences are done but usually the results of those discussions end up in actions if one is pledging public alliance or a trade agreement.
    I'll consider taking another nation, though the simple truth of the matter is that with any nation or character there is much that is left unsaid to reveal itself in time. When I play the character of another, rule their nation, or even begin GMing a game belonging to another I tend to believe that all characters, objects, traditions, settings, ect that were made should remain, and that tends to be a tremendous about to learn, keep track of, and remember from them saying it as if I myself had said it basing the nation itself around theirs. In many ways the task can be likened to asking a religious frenetic to preach the viewpoints of another religion in which case it's much harder to articulate with much passion, and perhaps more importantly the heart of the ideology as a whole is often lost as those of any one belief system tend to view even the beliefs of others through their own tinted glass. A simple human trait of course. Additionally I tend to find there's much less room for me to expand upon their world as the seems by which the old meld into the new have a tendency to grow rough and uneven rather then as the natural flow of most stories. Anywho, that's the main reason I figured it best to either make my own nation or begin with some sort of upheaval or overthrowing akin to that you mentioned in the recruitment as rebel uprisings. I certainly hope to elevate your workload where I may, just that I do so hate to see fluff suffer for it. I'd also be open to starting my new nation and taking on some NPC nations as PC controlled vassals to be slowly nomadicly absorbed over time. That would be that many less nations for you to run if ya feel like.

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    I couldn't help but laugh out loud at this statement. Not because it's silly, but because it's a philosophy that a number of nations in the southern hemisphere of Telluris hold quite strongly to.

At any rate, welcome to Empire!
    A purely OOC philosophy I assure you.

Why thank ye.

I don't think secret trades are possible, because must be accounted for in the administration. The latest version of the rules doesn't specify whether it is allowed or not, but since they are quite clear afterwards anyway it would be somewhat useless to spend a secret action entirely on that.
    I figure such a transaction would probably be recorded in that the resources are not still available to trade, but it would be quite interesting to see such a thing unveiled in turns to come, if for instance one nation traded for plate armor technology and only equipped their troops before some great battle. It could add a shock&awe factor in for whomever they're fighting.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    [Diplomacy] Assist in the fortifying of the passes into Discordia. [B][3/5]
    Is this legal?

I thought you could only use Diplomacy assist on Cur projects...
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Spoiler: Things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

<struck dumb>

5. - Top - End - #395
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfire View Post
    Is this legal?

I thought you could only use Diplomacy assist on Cur projects...
    Non military ones only, yeah.
    Last edited by QuintonBeck; 2015-05-30 at 03:36 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

DimpleLoamsdown, could you edit your two regions into a single post on the Lands thread? A couple of things that jump out at me there. Firstly, the population for both regions should be higher, by a factor of about 10. Kuldran currently has a population of 300,000; I don't believe one has yet been generated for P7 but it would be 30,000 + (3d10 x 10,000) (or possibly 300,000 + that; I'm not 100% on that). But anyway, much higher than it currently is.

Secondly, I think you're going to need to change your religion in Zhido Kretoria. Partly because direct references to anything real-world in official descriptions are generally deprecated, but more importantly because under the forum rules we're not allowed to discuss or mention or whatever anything to do with real-world religions, and that includes extinct religions like the old Norse gods. So if that's the religion you want in that region you'd have to write it up in such a way that it retained the elements that you wanted to preserve and referred to gods who are like the Norse gods, but not actually the Norse gods.
    Last edited by Aedilred; 2015-05-30 at 04:51 PM.
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

7. - Top - End - #397
    Barbarian in the Playground

Goblin

If I am gifted technology can I automatically use it or do I have to get the proper resources and spend an action making it.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by woolli264 View Post
    If I am gifted technology can I automatically use it or do I have to get the proper resources and spend an action making it.
    If the tech has resource requirements that you can't fulfill, you need to fulfill them. Apart from that, you can use any gifted tech the round after you're given it.
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Show

<struck dumb>

9. - Top - End - #399

Goblin

so for example in order for me to get a population boost from sewers i have to have stone?

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

So, anyone want witches starting with them, or am I going polar north?

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by woolli264 View Post
    so for example in order for me to get a population boost from sewers i have to have stone?
    Yes, though any kind of stone will do. Shintouite is best.
    League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

Weeeell, I'm getting Cryomancers in a round or two, and already have Frosten magic. Any reason you can't do both?
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2015-05-30 at 05:27 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

I don't mind you starting in one of my regions, if you've got everything well and done. I'd like to know more about their origins though, if you don't mind. Where did they come from, originally? From there, we can establish how they got to the region where they are starting out. (They could have even originated in the region itself, which would prevent a lot of suspicions and hostility.)

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

Somewhat of a mystical origin. They're non-human. They come from the ground. In my first IC post (once I get the final go ahead) I was gonna fluff them "waking up" from there.

So, in terms of actions there seems to be allot of flexibility and room for creative freedom. For instance faith actions could involve acts of charity and the like ay?

Also, any particular region you'd rather I start in? I figure over thirty thousand individuals climbing up through the ground might be unnerving gin the capital...

Also, would you prefer to negotiate this turn or next turn?

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Weeeell, I'm getting Cryomancers in a round or two, and already have Frosten magic. Any reason you can't do both?
    Whoops, totally missed your post.

I suppose stone or dirt is more dramatic to climb out of then snow...
    Fear not though, us nomads get around.

edit: last minuet swapping luck and creativity. Luck will go up on its own, creativity won't.
    edit 2: had forgotten my two +1s too. Must be loosing it ay?
    Last edited by drack; 2015-05-30 at 05:46 PM.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Troll in the Playground

edit 2: had forgotten my two +1s too. Must be loosing it ay?
    Drack, you never had it

Also, things are good.
    Show

<struck dumb>

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfire View Post
    Drack, you never had it

Also, things are good.
    Oh yeah, I must have been absent that day they were handing out the sanities... That or I went to the wrong place to get one. You'd think sanitariums would be chalked full ay?

Anywho, is it only quint that can OK characters?

17. - Top - End - #407
    Troll in the Playground

~Round Close in Approximately 12 Hours~

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Anyone who wants anything out of my or Sympolemou's resources to trade at the Games has about an hour before I go to bed to get my attention. PMs will work, as will skype, as will just posting here.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ettin in the Playground

New ruler! Hazael Toranath IV.

Diplomacy: 3
    Military: 6
    Curiosity: 6
    Faith: 5
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground

~Round Close in 30 Minutes~

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

If you want an option in the West as a starting point, Fera would be suitable. (Fera's my nation)

Either Halja 47B or Neo Scandza 76A would be cool.
    Also, I've lost track with where the newer PCs have been going so far, but if 21B or 22B are unclaimed still then Witches pouring out of them would be a cool addition to their storyline, potentially?

(Just ideas. The South is also a cool place.)

Anywho, is it only quint that can OK characters?
    QuintonBeck is the one who approves nations.
    As for characters, they don't need OKing (unless I'm somehow mistaken) and can be introduced as needed.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

22. - Top - End - #412

AssassinGuy

Hi there. I'm looking to join, and have my eye on the Niemida Prefecture.

23. - Top - End - #413

how do i take actions?

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

2 rounds of no Imp. And despite him being online fairly often I haven't heard anything from him. His inbox is still full as well. Getting the definite feeling he's not coming back.

Gonna add someone to the federation this round. Can we take both actions of the project this round? Or get a one round extension to finish it next round? (after he's technically gone NPC : /)
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

So quint told me when I finished to wait until this next round (the one that starts soon). So morph, it looks like most of the new places are going to you so I might go elsewhere just to spread it out a bit.

Ya know, I think Halja would be a fun place to start. Starting below ground sounds cool.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

Somewhat of a mystical origin. They're non-human. They come from the ground. In my first IC post (once I get the final go ahead) I was gonna fluff them "waking up" from there.
    If they come from the ground, might I suggest starting in an underground region? It certainly would be less startling to the population there.

Considering their origins, starting in the Heartlands would be a bad idea, since the last time people rose up from the ground it was an army of divinely-empowered undead and tens of thousands of people lost their lives. Mayyybe that'd cause a bad reaction (at least, if you started there--starting in underground Mularuhm with the elves or dwarves would prolly diminish suspicion).

Quote Originally Posted by Icilia View Post
    Hi there. I'm looking to join, and have my eye on the Niemida Prefecture.
    Hello Icilia! Good to see you here.

Here is the rules thread to get started.

On the map in the spoiler below, Niemida Prefecture is regions 88 and 89 in the lower right corner.

Spoiler
    Show

Here is the current information on the Niemida Prefecture. Feel free to add things to your liking. The military numbers are not up to date in that post, but they should be up to date in the rules thread.

The current ruler of Niemida Prefecture is Prefect Pinna Grant-Tremblor Shinwa, who's married to Princess Li Ambryn Ritius of the Imperial House of Li. He's already in his 60s though, so you could start with an entirely new ruler if you wish (most likely one of their children).

This post contains their latest actions, and it also has links to their earlier actions during their time as an NPC.

To cut a long story short, welcome aboard!
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2015-05-31 at 08:20 AM.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

So quint told me when I finished to wait until this next round (the one that starts soon). So morph, it looks like most of the new places are going to you so I might go elsewhere just to spread it out a bit.

Ya know, I think Halja would be a fun place to start. Starting below ground sounds cool.
    If they come from the ground, might I suggest starting in an underground region? It certainly would be less startling to the population there.

Considering their origins, starting in the Heartlands would be a bad idea, since the last time people rose up from the ground it was an army of divinely-empowered undead and tens of thousands of people lost their lives. Mayyybe that'd cause a bad reaction (at least, if you started there--starting in underground Mularuhm with the elves or dwarves would prolly diminish suspicion).
    Sounds like a plan.
    Edit: ninjas are everywhere ay?
    Last edited by drack; 2015-05-31 at 08:27 AM.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

Drack, the round is currently closed, so you'll need to wait for Quinton to open the next one before you can post actions
    League Wiki

Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

Heh, seemed logical that the end of the one was the start of the other. Either way.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh, seemed logical that the end of the one was the start of the other. Either way.
    You'll see. Round openers are big operations.
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.