New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Puzzle and Dragons 12: Extreme Puzzle Rush (Legend+)

Quote Originally Posted by Kauai View Post
    Just curious, has everyone selected their BF already? And if so, what criteria did you use? I haven't figured out what to do about mine yet. (Sadly, I did only get that one random BF request. So far, anyway. Got a +3 HP blue snowglobe out of it. Sadly the person doesn't have the strongest leaders yet. I think it's Ronia/LKali/Kirin, but all base skill and minimal pluses. Hopefully they'll keep working on them.)
    Missed this before. Yes, I used mine. I BFed my strongest Urd friend. I've got a bunch of them, but they're different levels, different amount of pluses and a couple not awakened. I particularly wanted it for Friday dungeon because my ability to not quite kill all the mythlits on the first floor is really fiddly and I wanted the exact same consistent damage for a few runs.

I've had two people BF me as well. Fully awakened level 95 Urd with ~130 plusses is apparently sexy enough to bring some callers.

Quote Originally Posted by obryn View Post
    That's correct. I came this close to winning Devil Rush with my Ra team, though. Unfortunately, I needed to use DKali on Satan in order to not-die. I was hoping for my 60% poison resist to save me from Beelz's preemptive ... but nope, I lost that coin flip. I had Sun Quan ready to go for him, too.
    I'm impressed you even have 60% poison resist at all. Maybe it's because I'm working mostly in fire right now, but I've not seen much in the way of resist awakenings on anything I want to have.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I'm impressed you even have 60% poison resist at all. Maybe it's because I'm working mostly in fire right now, but I've not seen much in the way of resist awakenings on anything I want to have.
    That dungeon has so much goofy orb stuff, I brought my trusty Android buddy with me for 60% Blind/Jammer/Poison resist. TDD had saved me from some jammers and blindness already, but alas, I relied on him too much.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Levictus View Post
    Oh **** my mistake, for whatever reason I thought you were talking about her devil rush team. I'll go back to lurking in the shadows
    Levi, I was thinking the same thing. lol I was puzzled as well.
    Guess I wasn't very clear. Jasmine routinely does things that none of the rest of us can do, with a mostly farmable team, so I have to stretch a bit in order to poke fun at her.

Just curious, has everyone selected their BF already? And if so, what criteria did you use? I haven't figured out what to do about mine yet. (Sadly, I did only get that one random BF request. So far, anyway. Got a +3 HP blue snowglobe out of it. Sadly the person doesn't have the strongest leaders yet. I think it's Ronia/LKali/Kirin, but all base skill and minimal pluses. Hopefully they'll keep working on them.)
    Posted my strategy yesterday, just went for my farming leaders so that I'd never run out. I don't have huge DMeta or Skuld leader stockpiles, so picked someone with both.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    Well, I didn't want to make you feel bad, but if you insist...
    Spoiler: Fully farmable, Betelgeuse unleveled, 60.7 mil
    Show
    Ouch. See my above quote for things that none of the rest of us can do with a farmable team.... I'm guessing Goemon, Betelgeuse, Bubblie, and maybe skyfalls?

Missed this before. Yes, I used mine. I BFed my strongest Urd friend. I've got a bunch of them, but they're different levels, different amount of pluses and a couple not awakened. I particularly wanted it for Friday dungeon because my ability to not quite kill all the mythlits on the first floor is really fiddly and I wanted the exact same consistent damage for a few runs.

I've had two people BF me as well. Fully awakened level 95 Urd with ~130 plusses is apparently sexy enough to bring some callers.
    Seems like it makes a lot of sense sense to BF your strongest main descend leader when you aren't as far into the game. Strongest Urd friend makes complete sense because you don't yet have that stockpile of great friends.

I'm jealous of everyone getting added randomly. I think U&Y hypers are common enough that people aren't going to add me unless I have a second nice hyper'd leader. I use such a random conglomeration of leaders on a daily basis (some not level max) that I don't get absurd PAL points regardless to be honest. Does it effectively just give you a second best friend w/ 100 pal point option and such?
    Last edited by Otravyat; 2015-06-05 at 04:24 PM.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Otravyat View Post
    I'm jealous of everyone getting added randomly. I think U&Y hypers are common enough that people aren't going to add me unless I have a second nice hyper'd leader. I use such a random conglomeration of leaders on a daily basis (some not level max) that I don't get absurd PAL points regardless to be honest. Does it effectively just give you a second best friend w/ 100 pal point option and such?
    At least you have leaders that people would want to BF over. The best I've got is Sarasvati and Kirin, the former of whom is not nearly good enough without her ult to be worth friending over, and the latter of whom is unplussed and unawoken.

I mean I guess people might want to BF over Pandora or DMeta, but chances are those are already hypermaxed by other people. So I don't really have much of anything that people are really dying looking for.

5. - Top - End - #755

Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    At least you have leaders that people would want to BF over. The best I've got is Sarasvati and Kirin, the former of whom is not nearly good enough without her ult to be worth friending over, and the latter of whom is unplussed and unawoken.

I mean I guess people might want to BF over Pandora or DMeta, but chances are those are already hypermaxed by other people. So I don't really have much of anything that people are really dying looking for.
    Good point.

DIdn't realize you had Kirin or DMeta. Any plans to use either? (I've really been enjoying my DMeta just for fun farming with big numbers)
    Last edited by Otravyat; 2015-06-05 at 04:48 PM.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Titan in the Playground

Good point.

DIdn't realize you had Kirin or DMeta. Any plans to use either? (I've really been enjoying my DMeta just for fun farming with big numbers)
    I just got Kirin last fest (not PCGF, just before), and I've had DMeta for a bit. She's fully awoken but unplussed and unskilled, and currently only level 42. I don't really have the right subs to run DMeta as a lead, though she certainly does nicely as a Pandora sub--though I'm missing some key subs there too. I can put her up whenever you want, just PM me.
    Last edited by Fax Celestis; 2015-06-05 at 05:10 PM.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

My team should have a reasonably easy time if I didn't get excited and keep forgetting to use skills. It has no way of dealing with fatty 2nd wave though, so if you get him you're SOL. Also FA Luci is in Mephi not rush, so I believe Obryn did the no RCV Mephi with Anoobis.

Missed starvault cause they changed the time =_= Those few plus could have helped...

My only hyper goemon friend runs ronia, so I'm waiting to see if anyone else steps up.
    I used Anoobis to do Meph as well, on my Kali team. If I have to do it again, I should have Dark Dragon Swordsman ready to go though.
    Pokemon friend code : 3067-5701-8746

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

Padherders for my phone and my tablet!

8. - Top - End - #758

I just got Kirin last fest (not PCGF, just before), and I've had DMeta for a bit. She's fully awoken but unplussed and unskilled, and currently only level 42. I don't really have the right subs to run DMeta as a lead, though she certainly does nicely as a Pandora sub--though I'm missing some key subs there too. I can put her up whenever you want, just PM me.
    I would, but DMeta BF's are wonderful things.

9. - Top - End - #759

Ouch. See my above quote for things that none of the rest of us can do with a farmable team.... I'm guessing Goemon, Betelgeuse, Bubblie, and maybe skyfalls?

Yeah I got lucky with 5 skyfalls, but that only doubles damage - would still be at a respectable 30 mil without it.

In addition to how good your leads are, there's also a correlation with how good your friends are - if your list is mostly people higher than you, you're not gonna look very appetizing to them; on the other hand if you befriend a lot of low ranked players, you'll be the strongest friend on many of their lists. I used to get 60-100 friend usages a day when I just accepted everyone's friend requests - after deleting anyone under rank 250 and the devils, I'm lucky to get 40 a day.

Spoiler: Someone else runs Goemon in a real dungeon: Mech rush in 59 seconds
    Show
    Last edited by Jasmine; 2015-06-05 at 06:18 PM.

10. - Top - End - #760

Yeah I got lucky with 5 skyfalls, but that only doubles damage - would still be at a respectable 30 mil without it.

In addition to how good your leads are, there's also a correlation with how good your friends are - if your list is mostly people higher than you, you're not gonna look very appetizing to them; on the other hand if you befriend a lot of low ranked players, you'll be the strongest friend on many of their lists. I used to get 60-100 friend usages a day when I just accepted everyone's friend requests - after deleting anyone under rank 250 and the devils, I'm lucky to get 40 a day.

Spoiler: Someone else runs Goemon in a real dungeon: Mech rush in 59 seconds
    Show
    Yeah I mean I get substantially less than that but I also have <40% as many friends as you. I'm increasing recently since I can actually find friends IN the game now since I can use "User" leader skills, and I'm up to 110, but I believe you're at 300. That also makes it more likely to be added.

My friend list is probably 80% lower rank than I am. Used to be very picky, and have been less so recently with expanding my list. It is nice, I very rarely get turned down when i send a request. Even if I have a random leader up when they see the request, I think that people assume rank 330 will have some nice stuff.

I realized recently that I'm now higher rank than Obryn was when I first started the game. Back then I was pretty awed by the high rank friends I got from here. Now I'm higher than anyone here was at the time. 5 minute stamina is a crazy thing.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Titan in the Playground

I think I have my Dmeta up most of the time now. I stuck her in team slot one a little while ago. Unplussed, but level 86 and 6/7 on awakenings. If she's not showing up and someone wants her, let me know.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

12. - Top - End - #762

I think I have my Dmeta up most of the time now. I stuck her in team slot one a little while ago. Unplussed, but level 86 and 6/7 on awakenings. If she's not showing up and someone wants her, let me know.
    I don't know if we are friends. Throw me a request and I'll toss you pal points at least every couple days.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Orc in the Playground

Guess I wasn't very clear. Jasmine routinely does things that none of the rest of us can do, with a mostly farmable team, so I have to stretch a bit in order to poke fun at her.
    It was just the timing of your post. It came right after she posted the Devil Rush image, so I assumed you were referring to that team. (I do love seeing Jasmine having Ronia in her build; I know she's not using it to lead so it's not quite the same, but it's still in the team nonetheless and I know how much she LOVES Ronia. lol)

Eh, I only got the one random add and nothing else. I was hoping my hyper AHades was good enough bait to have more random BFs but I was wrong. I've gotten several in-game messages about it tho, with people friending me specifically because of him. (One thought I also had a build to successfully take down Devil Rush and wanted some advice.)

It does give a second best friend tho, with the 100 PAL point option and 3 leads to pick from. At first it wasn't showing up and I thought maybe it didn't work that way, but after restarting the game the person showed up as a BF in my list.

A question; for "user" lists (i.e., when randomly showing up for other people who you aren't friends with), is only the Team 1 slot visible? I'm guessing that's probably the case. If so, I'm kicking myself for not having my max skilled/awoken Rodin in that slot yesterday for SV. That might have brought in some BFs (tho he isn't max lvl yet; should really take care of that as he's currently lvl 96).

14. - Top - End - #764
    Troll in the Playground

[Sarcasm]
    I've discovered something that no one else could ever possibly have thought of:[/Sarcasm]

Two Green Odin's give 96% damage reduction as long as you are at full HP. So if you have a team of 4 tier 3 auto recover awakened carbuncles, 1 grodin leader and 1 ally grodin you can beat every single normal dungeon in existence.

I shall save my magic stones so as to play PAD without needing to match more than 1 row of 3 of anything. Perfect for my playstyle.
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2015-06-06 at 12:25 AM.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Welp, burned a bunch of stones today. Figured I would skill up Raphael while we had 2.5x on. Wasted five Angelit on him, then realized... we're evo mat rotated. Dammit.

So, plenty of stones later? Kali2 is now max skilled. Level 27 or so, but max awoken, with +46 (thanks Challenge dungeons, for those +9 Tamadra!), and max skill. I'm not going to uvo this one, so that when they give us no-dupe dungeons I can run her as a lead with friend ult Kali. I only lose 250 HP and a skill boost, neither of which tend to be make-or-break.

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

16. - Top - End - #766

I believe you're at 300. That also makes it more likely to be added.
    Except that I've only gotten 1 add as well, by one of my lowest ranked friends.

It was just the timing of your post. It came right after she posted the Devil Rush image, so I assumed you were referring to that team. (I do love seeing Jasmine having Ronia in her build; I know she's not using it to lead so it's not quite the same, but it's still in the team nonetheless and I know how much she LOVES Ronia. lol)
    If I didn't think Ronia sucked so much I would have +297ed her and I would have beaten Devil Rush first try instead of failing 8 times in a row (4 invades, 2 combo flubs, 2 forgetting to use gravity)

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    [Sarcasm]
    I've discovered something that no one else could ever possibly have thought of:[/Sarcasm]

Two Green Odin's give 96% damage reduction as long as you are at full HP. So if you have a team of 4 tier 3 auto recover awakened carbuncles, 1 grodin leader and 1 ally grodin you can beat every single normal dungeon in existence.

I shall save my magic stones so as to play PAD without needing to match more than 1 row of 3 of anything. Perfect for my playstyle.
    That was literally the first thing I told you when you stated that you had negative skill, though I can understand the allure of ignoring advice and figuring things out yourself. Two corrections though - first, you don't need the carbuncles since the Odins themselves will have 8 autoheal, enough to tank 100k single target damage a turn, and two, it's only most dungeons, since there's a couple which have double or triple bosses. (eg. legendary seaway)

Quote Originally Posted by Quietus View Post
    Welp, burned a bunch of stones today.

So, plenty of stones later?
    Can you like... donate me some stones?
    Last edited by Jasmine; 2015-06-06 at 12:38 AM.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Titan in the Playground

Skill ups hated me today. 0/4 on red fruits to Urd, 0/4 on Firon to Cao Cao (waste of a coin dungeon). Then 1/5 on random assorted.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

18. - Top - End - #768
    Troll in the Playground

Except that I've only gotten 1 add as well, by one of my lowest ranked friends.

If I didn't think Ronia sucked so much I would have +297ed her and I would have beaten Devil Rush first try instead of failing 8 times in a row (4 invades, 2 combo flubs, 2 forgetting to use gravity)

That was literally the first thing I told you when you stated that you had negative skill, though I can understand the allure of ignoring advice and figuring things out yourself. Two corrections though - first, you don't need the carbuncles since the Odins themselves will have 8 autoheal, enough to tank 100k single target damage a turn, and two, it's only most dungeons, since there's a couple which have double or triple bosses. (eg. legendary seaway)

Dang, I didn't see that comment. If I had, I'd have saved my stones that I spent on this event and waited for one where odin came up. Also, only if odin is fully evo'd does he have 4 auto heal. The carbuncles are much easier to evo until that point. Fortunately, there's currently an event with tamadra's which I will be saving until I get a grodin.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

19. - Top - End - #769

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    Dang, I didn't see that comment. If I had, I'd have saved my stones that I spent on this event and waited for one where odin came up. Also, only if odin is fully evo'd does he have 4 auto heal. The carbuncles are much easier to evo until that point. Fortunately, there's currently an event with tamadra's which I will be saving until I get a grodin.
    Green Odin is a godfest exclusive which shows up in every godfest except Players Choice (if he isn't voted in), so you have a lot of chances to get him. He's easy to fully evo though, and you could also exclusively rely on your friends autoheal, which is enough since no single enemy does more than 50k/turn.

Another option is to wait for the mystic dragons to come around on rotation - nebradisk is a poor mans GrOdin (75% damage reduction, no autoheal), but comes with the added perk of having a cool active skill - you can use him as a sub for the first 5 or 8 waves of a dungeon while running a damage leader in order to pick off all the multiple enemies, and then using nebradisks active to swap him in once you reach the single bosses.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah Green Odin and Ronia are probably the two most common pulls from any godfest. I have 3 Ronias and 3 GrOdins myself, and I'm a f2p(albeit one who spends the majority of his stones earned on Gold Arm pulls).

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Yeah Green Odin and Ronia are probably the two most common pulls from any godfest. I have 3 Ronias and 3 GrOdins myself, and I'm a f2p(albeit one who spends the majority of his stones earned on Gold Arm pulls).
    The dupes are real. They're what I use to (normally) keep my gold-arm-pulling in check. I've got two Ronia, four Haku, four Verdandi, FIVE Grodin, three Izanagi, I got so many fruit dragons that I actually consumed some for their plusses because I'll never want more than two on a party anyway (should do that with some of those Grodin, maybe..), three Rei Sirius... it's almost as if the random number seed is biased. Which I know is bull, it's just random chance, but it's frustrating when you get yet another Grodin. Even doubly frustrating is that they chose to kick LMeta out of the PCGF in favor of that Izanagi I got; I would have MUCH rather had LMeta on my phone, she'd be amazing for my Kali team.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quietus View Post
    The dupes are real. They're what I use to (normally) keep my gold-arm-pulling in check. I've got two Ronia, four Haku, four Verdandi, FIVE Grodin, three Izanagi, I got so many fruit dragons that I actually consumed some for their plusses because I'll never want more than two on a party anyway (should do that with some of those Grodin, maybe..), three Rei Sirius... it's almost as if the random number seed is biased. Which I know is bull, it's just random chance, but it's frustrating when you get yet another Grodin. Even doubly frustrating is that they chose to kick LMeta out of the PCGF in favor of that Izanagi I got; I would have MUCH rather had LMeta on my phone, she'd be amazing for my Kali team.
    The funny thing is, way back when, when they first announced his Ult.Evo that gained him those extra Auto-heals, I remember discussing a potential all GrOdin team in order to more or less cheese very dungeon in existence. Something like 10k auto-heal every turn and 96% DMG reduction on the first hit of anything. Now I'm just like "yeaaah, what a waste of Tamadra that would be".

23. - Top - End - #773
    Titan in the Playground

The funny thing is, way back when, when they first announced his Ult.Evo that gained him those extra Auto-heals, I remember discussing a potential all GrOdin team in order to more or less cheese very dungeon in existence. Something like 10k auto-heal every turn and 96% DMG reduction on the first hit of anything. Now I'm just like "yeaaah, what a waste of Tamadra weeks of your life that would be".
    I think we all know the real problem with that setup.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2015-06-06 at 02:10 AM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ettin in the Playground

I think we all know the real problem with that setup.
    lmao, considering the time it took to wear away a 99 turn skill bind in the Medejra dungeon, yeah I'd hate to see how long a full GrOdin team would take for any clear.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

The funny thing is, way back when, when they first announced his Ult.Evo that gained him those extra Auto-heals, I remember discussing a potential all GrOdin team in order to more or less cheese very dungeon in existence. Something like 10k auto-heal every turn and 96% DMG reduction on the first hit of anything. Now I'm just like "yeaaah, what a waste of Tamadra that would be".
    Yeah, that kind of team would take so freaking long for anything. It's bad enough trying to break certain monster's defense with a Challenge Mode team sometimes, trying to do anything with nothing but Zeus would be ridiculous.

Maybe if I hadn't allowed the skinner box of PCGF to hit me so hard...

26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground

Anybody got a TDD they could put up right this instant? Just leveled and I've got 35 minutes to take a shot at fatty. Or a Shiva, also. That would work.

Edit: Oh, also if anyone has unevoed Guan Yinping for Gaia, could you put her up?
    Edit2: Got Fatty. Still requesting Guan Yinping if people have her.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2015-06-06 at 07:01 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

27. - Top - End - #777
    Titan in the Playground

Putting up TamadRA on Gaia day was a good idea. I've gotten like three times my normal pal points today.

28. - Top - End - #778

Putting up TamadRA on Gaia day was a good idea. I've gotten like three times my normal pal points today.
    Just seems like such a risky team. I'm sure that it takes a lot of failures.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Titan in the Playground

Just seems like such a risky team. I'm sure that it takes a lot of failures.
    Oh, I didn't try it. I just let others use mine.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmmm, Takeminekata Mythical is a lot easier then I remember it being back in the day. Now if I could just get a green Jewel invade....