New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default A possible Hamster ability

Spoiler
    Show
    I was thinking, maybe the reason he doesn't show any stats is that he's like one of those stealth/ambush/assassin units. Those always cost an arm and a leg in tabletop games. It, or whatever special ability, probably gets revealed when they ambush Jillian.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: A possible Hamster ability

i dont think so
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ogenki View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was thinking, maybe the reason he doesn't show any stats is that he's like one of those stealth/ambush/assassin units. Those always cost an arm and a leg in tabletop games. It, or whatever special ability, probably gets revealed when they ambush Jillian.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Huh? Everybody can see him just fine, just not his stats. I don't see how that really does all that much good for stealth/ambush/assassin functions.
    Last edited by SteveMB; 2007-04-19 at 05:08 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMB View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Huh? Everybody can see him just fine, just not his stats. I don't see how that really does all that much good for stealth/ambush/assassin functions.
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, like Hamster wouldn't show up on that map Tool has with hooded mages chained to it or other table top war game conventions. because he isn't detectable as a unit and as a commander he might confer this ability to his stack, making a unit that 'isn't a unit.'

Possibly he can't be targeted for attack by warlords/casters except with area attacks. Stuff like that. The world follows a war game's rules, so while it makes sense to be able to attack what you can see, it also makes sense to attack at night, move when the enemy is also moving, etc. You can't do those in erfworld. My basic gist is that rather than Hamster's assumption that its because the world doesn't view him as an unit, in fact its because the world gave him a special ability where the other units don't view him as a unit but the world statted him out (like his leadership.)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ogenki View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, like Hamster wouldn't show up on that map Tool has with hooded mages chained to it or other table top war game conventions. because he isn't detectable as a unit and as a commander he might confer this ability to his stack, making a unit that 'isn't a unit.'

Possibly he can't be targeted for attack by warlords/casters except with area attacks. Stuff like that. The world follows a war game's rules, so while it makes sense to be able to attack what you can see, it also makes sense to attack at night, move when the enemy is also moving, etc. You can't do those in erfworld. My basic gist is that rather than Hamster's assumption that its because the world doesn't view him as an unit, in fact its because the world gave him a special ability where the other units don't view him as a unit but the world statted him out (like his leadership.)
    Hmmm... it's possible, but there's no indication of it. I suppose he could try some experiments (preferably ones where the consequences won't be too severe if that theory doesn't work ).

(Also, it wouldn't matter if he's invisible to Lookamancy; Ansom doesn't have any.)