New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default getting additional spell slots

I am taking the Technomancer prestige class from the Dragonstar Starfarers handbook. It grants up to 4rth levels spells, but that's ok because they are the exact kinds of spells I want for the character concept I am going for (a technopath a la Rex Salazar). the major issue is that they don't get many spell slots.

The easiest way to get extra spell slots that I am aware of is to just have a high enough intelligence stat to qualify for bonus spells per day. Except when you are playing a class that only grants up to 4rth level spells, you have to dump a lot of points into your chosen ability score to advance your spell slots particularly far.

I am aware that there are certain prestige classes that also grant spell slots, like the dragon disciple, wonderworker, and the original version of the eunich warlock from 3.0 edition. the mechanic involved seems a little jenky, but i'll take it... except those classes kinda clash with the tone of the character concept I am going for.

do you guys know of any other methods for increasing bonus spells per day?

3rd party material is allowed.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: getting additional spell slots

I was coming here to suggest things like Dragon Disciple, but you already mentioned that.

There is the Extra Slot feat (the less popular cousin of Extra Spell) from Complete Arcane.

Not exactly the greatest use of feats, but it does the job. The limit is the extra slot has to be no higher that one level below the highest spells you can cast.

Other than that, items can work, like Ring of Wizardry, Pearl of Power or Memento Magica.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thurbane View Post
    I was coming here to suggest things like Dragon Disciple, but you already mentioned that.

There is the Extra Slot feat (the less popular cousin of Extra Spell) from Complete Arcane.

Not exactly the greatest use of feats, but it does the job. The limit is the extra slot has to be no higher that one level below the highest spells you can cast.

Other than that, items can work, like Ring of Wizardry, Pearl of Power or Memento Magica.
    thank you :)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Mystic PrC (Dragon #274) gets 2 bonus slots at odd levels, and 3 - at even ones (but no more than 1 to a higher-level spell slots per level)
    Requirements are: Knowledge (arcana 10, religion 5), Spellcraft 10, any one [Item Creation] feat, any one [Metamagic] feat, Spell Focus, and Spell Penetration
    Mystics are spellcasters who focus solely on the pursuit of magic.
    Mystics study magic for magic’s sake and become formidable spellcasters because of it.
    Note: the class, just like eunich warlock pre-update, don't progress CL